Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? (22909 Views)

Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
I am a low income earner, with a wife, son (3 months +), nephew then 1 inlaw today another tomorrow.
My wife suddenly came home day before yesterday with the news she went Job interview.
The next day, she was ask to start work on next Monday.

Dilemma!
With what am passing through, I desire my wife to work so that we can meetup with some bills.

Our problem is we have a Son that is heading 4th month, her employers can't accept her with our baby.
She went to day cares around and was told they only admit a year plus. I tried to discourage her, knowing what our son is going to pass through. But she accused me of not being supportive.

Please I need professionals here.
This is one place I always get answers and support

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Bonapart(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Money isn't worth the time we spent with our love ones
In this case it's a lil innocent child who needs her mom around him at all time
If it was me, even if am jobless and also dem broke, i no fit let my wife try such

20 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by mcocolok(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
after all my suffer, i no still reach ftc.. God please help your boy

7 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Burger01(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Yes. Leave the baby in the care of a good nanny while your wife goes to work. Except if you are ready to take full resposibility of the needs of the house. smiley

Just get a nanny and allow wife to go to work smiley

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
yea! that is a really tough one, my own advice is to allow her mum or yours; someone very close to you to stay and help with the baby till hes of age for daycare.

goodluck!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Merlissa(f): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
As a nursing mother they should allow her to do half day..

BUT

As she just got the job NO company here in Nigeria would allow her do half day

Can you baby sit??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by yorubadelta(f): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
A 3/4 month old baby is too young. Are you that stifled for cash? give her more time to nurse the baby well before starting a full-time job.

I cant imagine leaving my delicate new born in the hands of another just because of making money..

15 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by lilmax(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Its always oppression and not being supportive

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by steppin: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Op, you should get a maid from OLX nigeria.
I'm sure you'll find a lady perfect for the job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Zico5(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Well, it depends on ur agreement together. If she is a working class woman the duration of her maternity leave is 3 to 4 months. Since the child is already four months, u can allow her to take up the job with adequate plan on how to take care of the baby. Nothing is certain in Nigeria, if she lose this job, who knows when another chance will surface.

37 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ITbomb(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
yeah, just get a pretty housegirl to be doing the house work and taking care of the baby. Every other thing will follow

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Get a good creche. Possibly at place of work.

Re Creche.....that is something the Nigerian Government should invest in. Funding for creches in government offices, as well as generous maternity leave plus maternity leave for dads, and reduced working hours for working mums with babies under 12 months.....could help this young family.

A happy Nigerian Family makes Nigeria a Happy Nation!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by mormoni(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
NO
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
NO!! That baby is too tender..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Armstrong34(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
ma broda yhu shld b gr8ful sef.........no man wants a burden or liability in form of a wife...... kiss

11 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by damilareoye: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
NO

And equally, try searching very well cus there are daycares that allows even a 3 month old baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by preciousMI1(f): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
yes... she should or will d baby suffer? what's creche for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by okpeketee: 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
There are day cares that accept even three months. Maybe u should try else where u just might find.
But agai Don't do things out of desperation u just might end up regretting. undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by SLYBABA(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
NO big deal[size=16pt][/size]
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by SLYBABA(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
[size=24pt]No big deal[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by kingarizona1(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Eleyin gidi gan!!
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by barry40: 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
What are your in-laws doing? I think they should not just hang around, they should help in this type of situation. Getting a maid is going to be an additional responsibility and there is no guaranty she will take proper care of your son. Talk to your wife to see how she can encourage her siblings to help out.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by money121(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
No

Call/whatsapp 08085310359 for your original stone coated roofing Tiles
See some of our project here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806991/see-some-project-carried-out
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Brytawon(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
No one can ever give your child the best home training than you and your wife collectively.

Think wisely...

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by bejeria101(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
No
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Odikwa very risky... Someone said 'leave a 4 months old child with a good nanny' I wonder what he means by 'good nanny'. Well! I would advice that you ask your mil (wife's mom) to help out... Sil... Hope that would be possible for few months.... Till the child grows a little more older and ready for crèche... Or school. Me! I can't leave my 4 months old with any one except my mom.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by nerodenero: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Orekoya issue is still fresh undecided
steppin:
Op, you should get a maid from OLX nigeria.
I'm sure you'll find a lady perfect for the job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by stunning4real: 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Look out for day care that accept infant. I am working and my baby is in daycare. She needs to work.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by onosprince(m): 2:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ayodot123(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bros, the candid advise for you, look for a good Nanny and keep your baby there. You aren't going to be the first neither are you going to be the last. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by yongnoble(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
My advice: NO! Let her nurse your child till he is one and she can begin her job search. The God that blessed her with this offer, would provide her with something bigger when your child turns one.
After all being a wife/nursing mother is a job itself.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oh My God ....men Sha!!!! / "My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter / Should I Avoid My Mom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.