Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK (7280 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria safer than the UK, really?

Nigeria is safer: 27% (26 votes)
The UK is safer: 72% (68 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Is Safer Than Most Developing Countries / My Family Is Safer In Nigeria Than In South Africa - South African Businessman / Boko Haram Or No Boko Haram The North Is Still Safer Than The South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by toksdam(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2007
Nigeria Is Safer Than London

When we consider characteristic security situation, Nigeria is safer than the UK,

If you have been in central London,imagine this: if the metropolitan police is kept off the street for just 4 hours or a day just to get the worst result, in crime testament, then you do the same for places where u have the police in Nigeria,that is where they are not "doing things", you know what I mean.

If you put your findings together, whatever u get will tell you that but for proper crime management the street of London will be a jungle of crime at best. We should still thank God for what we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by uf4oma(f): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2007
I just got a headache from reading that.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2007
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

ROMBL
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by grafikdon: 1:42am On Oct 08, 2007
Oooooookay. . . I have nothing against dreams but I am totally against a man dreaming of developing big breasts within 7 hours. . . flip it and roll it all you want. . . there is no way, I mean come on! Where in London will ami robbers go and relax, cook ewedu and ogbono soup, drink Aromatic schnapps perhaps watch a couple of Nollywood films while lighting the sky with gun shots and then loot the house dry and leave unscathed?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2007
@Poster
Yup!
This is why the Avergae life expectancy in Naija is listed at 47 years, eh? Because we're so , so safe!

We hear about knifings and murder in the UK, because EVERY SINGLE death is publicised, is considered important. If we reported every single wrongful death in Nigeria, you'd see reason to be truly afraid.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Seun(m): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2007
What makes Nigeria relatively "safe" is the scarcity of assault weapons.
See what's happening in the Niger Delta where this does not apply? Chaos.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by pappilo(m): 11:52am On Oct 08, 2007
madness!! you can't compare. grafikdon don talk am finish
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by RichDad1(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2007
I agree with the poster that Nigeria is safer especially when you are passing under the Bridge(Carter and Adeniji Specifically)  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Etin(f): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2007
Dreams dreams dreams. Let forget about armed robbers in Nigeria as that has been adequately answered by

grafikdon:

Oooooookay. . . I have nothing against dreams but I am totally against a man dreaming of developing big breasts within 7 hours. . . flip it and roll it all you want. . . there is no way, I mean come on! Where in London will ami robbers go and relax, cook ewedu and ogbono soup, drink Aromatic schnapps perhaps watch a couple of Nollywood films while lighting the sky with gun shots and then loot the house dry and leave unscathed?

To add to that list where in UK do you think you would find a checkpoint on the motorway set up by armed robbers? I can assure you NO WHERE.

Lets look take a look at simple road safety - interstate travel. How many of us can travel freely between states in Nigeria daily without a having a major thanksgiving party for coming back in one piece? In UK I regularly work and travel to different parts and and at various times and I am not overtly scared of my safety. Last time I came to Nigeria with my 8 months old baby. I had to fly to Benin, there where no seatbelts for me to strap my baby to my self during the flight - Now how safe is that. Apart from robbery a lot of people die in road accidents and more recently an increase in air accidents.

Lets talk about fake drugs and food. Lets say you are so safe and escape road accident and armed robbers, you better not get sick because you might not escape fake drugs or poison from adulterated food.

Now that is really looking safe!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by lafile(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2007
Is this poster serious
Nigeria Safe? Where else can we find policemen and soldiers going on robbery operations with their uniforms? Where else can we find robbers casually robbing from car to car in a traffic jam? Where else can You find 'one chance' buses? Or a gang of robbers numbering over forty, storming a street with two buses and robbing every apartment?

Yes o! Naija is safe.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by 2old4that(m): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
Rubbish!

@Poster
It's useless if u based your points from what u heard/see on the tv about UK; atleast most crimes there are reported unlike naija where people get killed and died unnotice.  There's no way that naija is safer than UK.   Organised crimes is the order of the day where Banks are caught napping.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by tboy1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2007
Etin:

Dreams dreams dreams. Let forget about armed robbers in Nigeria as that has been adequately answered by

To add to that list where in UK do you think you would find a checkpoint on the motorway set up by armed robbers? I can assure you NO WHERE.

Lets look take a look at simple road safety - interstate travel. How many of us can travel freely between states in Nigeria daily without a having a major thanksgiving party for coming back in one piece? In UK I regularly work and travel to different parts and and at various times and I am not overtly scared of my safety. Last time I came to Nigeria with my 8 months old baby. I had to fly to Benin, there where no seatbelts for me to strap my baby to my self during the flight - Now how safe is that. Apart from robbery a lot of people die in road accidents and more recently an increase in air accidents.

Lets talk about fake drugs and food. Lets say you are so safe and escape road accident and armed robbers, you better not get sick because you might not escape fake drugs or poison from adulterated food.

Now that is really looking safe!!!!

Lets even forget about State to state, ordinary island to mainland(3rd mainland Bridge) is not safe. If you go out to the mainland, you have to wait till daybreak before you head to the other side of the bridge.

@ Poster
Nigeria is Safe ehh- Ok, can you land in nigeria from abroad and take public transport(Bus) home with your travelling bag grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by manoy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2007
He has right to his opinion now,make una leave am

Funny human being comparing uk with naija.

Ok,i don hear o,this na the greatest joke of the millenium ahhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhhh,ahhhhhhhhh
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by KnowAll(m): 12:46pm On Oct 08, 2007
About 4 weeks ago, in london 3 guys wanted to rob a bullion van, two were shot dead at the spot, the last one ended up in intensive care with a bullet in his head. You will be crazy to try to rob in today's Britain. The police have a special unit that are specially trained in fire arms enforcement. Nigeria should borrow a leaf from Britain in this regard. I can see Governor Fashola has setup a special unit to fight crime in lagos, that will be good for lagos.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2007
Now, has the originator of this thread ever been to the UK Has he ever compared the road network of the UK to Nigeria? I have not seen a single pothole on the streets of UK. I remember when a friend of mine and I went from London to Wolverhampton, it was a pleasurable ride in his car.

I dare not think of such in Nigeria.

Wishful thinking.

How many lives been lost to religious riots in the North? Does the UK witness any form of religious riots in the name of allahu akbar? How some Nigerians reasons is baffling undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by dolarpo(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2007
hey guys naija isnt dat bad. come to think of it there isnt anything u guys have mentioned dat doesnt happen in the U.S or even london. If we dont give our country a good image no one else will. i get sick when outsiders worst of all nigerians tanish our image. was watchin a video on mtv recently and a guy was tellin the child that he cant come back to nigeria for some bastardly reasons he gave. Guys london is kool, better than naija but nigeria is not as bad as our previous posters have said.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by ow11(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2007
dolarpo:

hey guys naija isnt that bad. come to think of it there isnt anything u guys have mentioned that doesnt happen in the US or even london. If we don't give our country a good image no one else will. i get sick when outsiders worst of all nigerians tanish our image. was watchin a video on mtv recently and a guy was tellin the child that he can't come back to nigeria for some bastardly reasons he gave. Guys london is kool, better than naija but nigeria is not as bad as our previous posters have said.
it is actually worse than u think. Lagos , ABJ and PHC is not nigeria. when we talk about Nigeria we mean inclusive of places like Kogi,Taraba, benue,Ekiti and the desert states in the north.

Do u know how terrible peoples lives are in those zones?NYSC helps some city peeps see it and the people run and never go back. anywhere u live in the UK even on Orkney Islands is as good as SE london. how many murders on the campuses have ever been solved plus the killings at police checkpoints?
please Nigeria is NOT safer than the UK. at least for now,
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2007
dolarpo:

hey guys naija isnt that bad. come to think of it there isnt anything u guys have mentioned that doesnt happen in the US or even london. If we don't give our country a good image no one else will. i get sick when outsiders worst of all nigerians tanish our image. was watchin a video on mtv recently and a guy was tellin the child that he can't come back to nigeria for some bastardly reasons he gave. Guys london is kool, better than naija but nigeria is not as bad as our previous posters have said.

Give me reasons why Nigeria is not that bad. Anytime I mention am a Nigerian here, all what the whites can just say is. . . . . Oh you have loads of corruption in that country. I am not displacing the fact corruption does not exist in the Western world, but you have a penalty to pay for it, if you are caught.

Nigeria is not that bad, yet we inhale enormous amount of Carbon monoxide everyday. Nigeria is not that bad, thieves and armed robbers can gallantly walk into any bank to rob from the peoples money. Nigeria is not that bad, yet the educational system keeps on falling, Nigeria is not that bad, yet everyman sleeps with his two eyes opened, if not for the cold, I am free to open my windows all day long. Nigeria is not that bad, yet common security of lives and property is invested into hands of the citizenry, Nigeria is not that bad, yet we never ever a functional railway line!

Abeg, if we stop decieving ourselves, only then can things start getting better.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2007
I remember the last time my mum came to Nigeria after she was picked up at the airport around the hours of 6-9am in the morning, after leaving the airport, right on the highways, the vehicle was stopped by the local police checkpoint for particular inspection as usual, on noticing that the bags had the usual travel label on it, the policemen decided to ransack her luggage, not finding any contraband therein, proceeded to other tactics, at the end they demanded for 50pounds! I would leave your imagination to guess what would have happened if we had not obliged their demands.

Not even in naira but pounds! Money wey dem no work for. Tell me how can there ever be trust in the Nigeria Police. We since learnt our lesson. Henceforth, we no longer use private vehicles to travel but Government vehicles. embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2007
@Topic

Why don't you start by comparing Nigeria to South Africa, Mexico, Iraq or Lebanon first? We might even be tempted to think you are serious. Nigeria Vs UK? In terms of safety or by any other means? undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

@Topic

Why don't you start by comparing Nigeria to South Africa, Mexico, Iraq or Lebanon first? We might even be tempted to think you are serious. Nigeria Vs UK? In terms of safety or by any other means? undecided
Thank you, at least Obasanjo was stupid enough to compare Nigeria with Congo undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by anusule(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2007
mumu thread. lipsrsealed lacks sense, its not even a starter. just shut up!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2007
mrpataki:

Thank you, at least Obasanjo was stupid enough to compare Nigeria with Congo undecided

LOL!!!! grin You think the dude was "stupid"---LOL!!! cheesy He sure knew what he was talking about. Comparing Nigeria with Congo is a big compliment. You have nothing to compare Nigeria to in the real sense of any word! A country so blessed-yet so super cursed!!
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by niceuzor: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2007
. . .my friend is think of going to the Uk, Jayon where re you OH.
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Jackal(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ mrpataki,

The topic is just a wind-up.
Dont break sweats on it.
How can Nigeria be safer than the UK?
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2007
A
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by stranger12: 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2007
@ Poster

You are very right!

This is Nigeria,

As soon as the uniformed armed robbers are off the street, there would be calm.

. . .in your dreams
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by chiboyz(m): 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
i believe uk has become alot more dangerous in the past 10 yrs especially in the south east
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

LOL!!!! grin You think the dude was "stupid"---LOL!!! cheesy He sure knew what he was talking about. Comparing Nigeria with Congo is a big compliment. You have nothing to compare Nigeria to in the real sense of any word! A country so blessed-yet so super cursed!!

LOL!!!! At least he demonstrated his own stupidity for all to see. Now again we see another one on this forum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by almondjoy(f): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2007
mrpataki:

LOL!!!! At least he demonstrated his own stupidity for all to see. Now again we see another one on this forum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hey, that is our country peeps for you. No hope!  We are just too good in confessing ignorance and stupidity to the whole world and make no apologies for it.  That in itself it a riddle. cheesy

Please do not blame the poster--you know that watching DSTV or whatever cable network is available in Nigeria is the only educational tool used to view the outside world.  Can you blame us most of the time. tongue

Another mind boggling concept is that some are actually thinking of participating in the polls started with this thread. shocked
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2007
Jackal:

@ mrpataki,

The topic is just a wind-up.
Dont break sweats on it.
How can Nigeria be safer than the UK?

Yeah I know. If na Obasanjo talk this kain talk, I for dey angry  angry But some people can reason backwards sha. . . . . .  undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Safer Than The UK by mrpataki(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2007
almondjoy:

Hey, that is our country peeps for you. No hope! We are just too good in confessing ingnorance and stupidity to the whole world and make no apologies for it. That in itself it a riddle. cheesy

Please do not blame the poster--you know that watching DSTV or whatever cable network is available in Nigeria is the only educational tool used to view the outside world. Can you blame us most of the time. tongue

Another mind boggling concept is that some are actually thinking of participating in the polls started with this thread. shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, sofri sofri oh. No make paramedics come visit me for house. grin grin grin grin
But where are the intelligents ones in Nigeria tongue I just saw the poll now undecided

Is that having to rely on generators as constant power supply and PHCN as the alternative when generator breaks down makes Nigeria safer? Do you know the amount of obnoxius gases this generators consititute to the environment? Or the fact that drilling private bore holes for water by individuals in the Nigeria when Ministry of Water exist and are collecting Government money every month; makes Nigeria safe than UK?

Or the fact some people pay 10k per month for dial up internet access of 100kb not even broadband speed of 54Mb makes Nigeria better than UK?

Wahala dey oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili / Gej Visits Xmas Day Bombing Site, 6 Days After! / Waltersmith Completes Phase 1 Of $180million Ibigwe Field Development, Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.