Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili (7277 Views)

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila / 2015 Presidency: Start Your War Now, Northern Elders Reply S/south Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by asha80(m): 7:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
Yar’Adua: Resign now, Northern Reps tell Akunyili
National News Mar 3, 2010 …as Reps debunk coup story linked to Bankole

By Luka Binniyat
Rising from a meeting Wednesday, the northern caucus of the House of Representatives lambasted the Minister of Information and Communication, Professor Dora Akunyili, over her recent utterances on President Umaru Yar’Adua’s health, and called for her resignation.

Also, the House of Representatives Wednesday refuted a story carried on a national newspaper (not Vanguard) linking the Speaker of the House of Representatives to a coup plot by the military as a result of the seeming constitutional crisis created by the long absence of President Umaru Yar’Adua from office.

Addressing House of Reps Press Corps, the Chairman, Northern Caucus of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ternga Tsegba (PDP/Benue) said the caucus is deeply concerned with the recent statements attributed by the Minister. He said that her utterances are capable of undermining the functions of the Acting President, and that her statements also have grave security implication.

“Under the doctrine of collective responsibility”, said tsegba, “she as a cabinet member is incompetent to make public statement in contradiction of the collective decision of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) irrespective of her personal opinion”, said the caucus spokesman.

“Our advise to her in this circumstances of her total objection to the decision of FEC, is to resign”, he said.

“The caucus itself urges all public officers particularly members of FEC to refrain forthwith from making further inflammatory statements capable of undermining peace, stability and unity of Nigeria but focus on how to effectively implement the budget”, he said.

On the alleged coup story, the Spokesman of the House of Representatives, Hon. Eseme Eyiboh, said that the story credited to Bankole as saying that the military has perfected a plot to overthrow the present government, was purported to have originated from last Tuesday’s executive session of the Reps.

“The Speaker of the House of Reps never said anything about a coup plot”, he said.

“The House merely discussed on the need for all Nigerians to put national interest first above all things”, he said.

“The Speaker acknowledges the professionalism of the Nigerian Armed Forces and is full of praise for them, for the wonderful role they have played since the recent problems started”, he said.

“We want to therefore to debunk that story”, he said, “It is totally false and cannot be collaborated”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/03/yar%e2%80%99adua-resign-now-northern-reps-tell-akunyili/
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Beaf: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2010
Those reps should not make themselves part of the desperate tribal politics that has been tearing Nigeria apart since Yar Adua fell ill.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
Na wah oh!!!!! Akunyili should resign for calling for transparency in government? Some Northerners have no shame.

If the Northern Reps can produce Yar'adua to address the Nation and appear in public then we will all join the call for Akunyili to resign.

On that ground the world will know that the Akunyili is misinforming the public that a healthy President is sick.

If they can not produce Yar'adua then they the Northern reps should do some soul searching whether Akunyili said anything wrong.

We have a constitution which should be respected at all times not only when it is favourable to the wish of a certain section of the country.
After 96 days without Yar'adua it is curious that Reps who should be leading the way in question the whereabouts of Yar'adua find it easier to ask those who call for transparency in Government to resign.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
Those who undermine the Unity of Nigeria are those standing the constitution on its head.

Except the lawmakers can shows us what section of the constitution says a President must finish his tenure even in death or in incapacitation then I am sorry the lawmakers are the ones undermining the unity of Nigeria.

I think Akunyili should in fact bid her time and quit. the country is simply not worth it.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Fhemmmy: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Those who undermine the Unity of Nigeria are those standing the constitution on its head.

Except the lawmakers can shows us what section of the constitution says a President must finish his tenure even in death or in incapacitation then I am sorry the lawmakers are the ones undermining the unity of Nigeria.

I think Akunyili should in fact bid her time and quit. the country is simply not worth it.

If we all see it that way, there wont be a nation called Nigeria to fight for
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by vigasimple(m): 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
mikeansy:

Na wah oh!!!!! Akunyili should resign for calling for transparency in government? Some Northerners have no shame.
If the Northern Reps can produce Yar'adua to address the Nation and appear in public then we will all join the call for Akunyili to resign.

On that ground the world will know that the Akunyili is misinforming the public that a healthy President is sick.

If they can not produce Yar'adua then they the Northern reps should do some soul searching whether Akunyili said anything wrong.

We have a constitution which should be respected at all times not only when it is favourable to the wish of a certain section of the country.
After 96 days without Yar'adua it is curious that Reps who should be leading the way in question the whereabouts of Yar'adua find it easier to ask those who call for transparency in Government to resign.

Shame is NOT in their dictionary of those Northern Alamiris. They are the most SHAMELESS and CLUELESS set of human beings. They did not asked their YAR A'LIAR, YAR A'CLUELESS AN YAR A'DO NOTHING of a President to resign, they are asking someone with good track record to resign.? I shake my head for this country. They live in a glass house and they are throwing stones.

Akunyili is simply saying fro their yeye president to hand over, look after his health and come back refresh. We have now wasted nearly 100days in talking about one man's health and holding the country hostage.

And that foolish Bankole is a disgrace to the youths and Yoruba race, no wonder Gov. Daniel think he is a curse for Ogun state and I agree with him, he is doing the cabal bidding in House Of Rep. without Senate led by David Mark, the resolution to empowered Goodluck as Ag President will not have happen.

The North are 419master when it comes to the Presidency of Nigeria, and they have no clue how to govern, otherwise nobody will be making noise if they have been doing their job. shege

They only appointed Akunyili to gain credibility and sadly even Yar A'dua didn't have a clue where to deploy her. I warn her with rebranding of a nation without brand. Fathers, grandfthers and religious head lying with bare face hypocrisy. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Pk001(m): 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
Useless People!!!

Whichever way they like, she wins! If she resigns she wins as a hero, If she stays as minister she stills wins ! She did the right thing and I praise her for that.
This people no get work. They cant talk for the people that put them in office. Is a shame.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by monkeyleg: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sick country that would rather sit in the cesspit we find ourselves rather than hear the truth. Is what Dora said worse than A president holding 150million people ransom. What is wrong with us as a people?
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by beystwin: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
Those fool that wants Dora to resign should be the ones to resign they are the bad egg of Nigeria.
Dora is the best thing that have happen to Nigeria in a long time and I am proud of her.

Dora Akunyili for president.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by rickie4us(m): 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2010
Pk001:

Useless People!!!

Whichever way they like, she wins! If she resigns she wins as a hero, If she stays as minister she stills wins ! She did the right thing and I praise her for that.
This people no get work. They cant talk for the people that put them in office. Is a shame.

thank you
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by monkeyleg: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2010
Lets not forget that no one put them in office, they bought thier way in there, that is why they can shamelessly demand that she goes. What is so wrong with our people
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Tcharged: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2010
They want Prof Dora Akunyili to resign so they can continue with their deceit and evil practices without opposition or anyone telling the Nigerian populace how things really are. They want the nation to remain in the dark while they perpetuate their wicked and selfish plans.
Shame on those other FEC members who are either too greedy or afraid to speak out in the face of evil. Bankole is shame to the people he represents and a disgrace to the Nigerian youths.
As has been rightly stated here; if the cabals can get President Yar'adua to come out and address the nation from wherever he is hiding then Dora will be made to swallow her utterances. But until this happens she should be accorded all the respect and honour she deserves for her boldness in speaking out against what is wrong even in the face of opposition and evil doers/planners. Wish we had more like her in the cabinet instead of those spineless and selfish 'sit down chop' Nigerians. Kudos to Prof Dora Akunyili and shame to the so called cabals!
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by himor: 10:09am On Mar 04, 2010

After 96 days without Yar'adua it is curious that Reps who should be leading the way in question the whereabouts of Yar'adua find it easier to ask those who call for transparency in Government to resign

na wha, you can not express your self again , this is democracy men
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Godslover: 10:32am On Mar 04, 2010
That akunyili should resign, haba, the victors of july 1966 is still bent on destroying this country, can you imagine? instead of hiding their head in shame, tribal and regional sentiments still propels them in 2010, what are they afraid of ? that Jonathan might put Nigeria on the right path and no more free funds, express employment for shariah certificate holders and other corrupt practices inherent in their culture, why is the northerner afraid of living outside the corridors of power?
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by ojimboIV: 10:37am On Mar 04, 2010
'NORTHERN REPS'  grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2010
I am from the North and i resent the implication that that bunch of people who are parading themselves as representatives of the North spak for us. Good Governance, accountablity and credibilty knows no ethnic barrier , it has nothing to do with North and South, we as Northerners refused to be dragged into that Self serving, unfortunate statements.
As an individual i stand with Mrs. Akunyuli, She is the only shinning light in this unfortunate saga, The show of shame and cover up by people who i used to hold in great respect. It is sad that Hon. Ndume who led a delegation to Saudi with tax payers money to make such unfortunate statements.I am throughly appalled and really sad. As a young person we clamour for younger people in Leadership yet we have a young speaker who stand on this issue leaves too much to be desired.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by desgiezd(m): 11:41am On Mar 04, 2010
aisha2:

I am from the North and i resent the implication that that bunch of people who are parading themselves as representatives of the North spak for us. Good Governance, accountablity and credibilty knows no ethnic barrier , it has nothing to do with North and South, we as Northerners refused to be dragged into that Self serving, unfortunate statements.
As an individual i stand with Mrs. Akunyuli, She is the only shinning light in this unfortunate saga, The show of shame and cover up by people who i used to hold in great respect. It is sad that Hon. Ndume who led a delegation to Saudi with tax payers money to make such unfortunate statements.I am throughly appalled and really sad. As a young person we clamour for younger people in Leadership yet we have a young speaker who stand on this issue leaves too much to be desired.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Aisha, you are one in a million. While you have been speaking as someone who actually suck her mother's breas.t, those representatives are behaving and talking like people who were fed with cow dung when growing up. Its a shame!! How will this country ever make any progress with these sort of people in power and with a do-no-good as Bankole as their leader? Little wonder, the House of Rep is as it is.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by redsun(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2010
A so-called democractic system that adhores oppositions and the speaking of what will appear to normal individuals as the truth is worst than military dictatorship.

Nigeria is rule by rogue juntas in agbada.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by kosovo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2010
Someone once told me that we are practicing Naijacracy rather than Democracy.
unfortunately,  i am forced to adhere to that school of thought. To say than in this era, we are still in a state of rough-and-tumble is melancholic to say the Least.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2010
I think Dora should resign. Its obvious she can't win this battle. If I were here, I would resign and that's where the honour is. Its a shame we have a bunch of leaders without vision and tact
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by SkySpirit(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2010
desgiezd:

Aisha, you are one in a million. While you have been speaking as someone who actually suck her mother's breas.t, those representatives are behaving and talking like people who were fed with cow dung when growing up. Its a shame!! How will this country ever make any progress with these sort of people in power and with a do-no-good as Bankole as their leader? Little wonder, the House of Rep is as it is.
wink wink wink

I agree wit u.

Addressing House of Reps Press Corps, the Chairman, Northern Caucus of the House of Representatives, Hon. Ternga Tsegba (PDP/Benue) said the caucus is deeply concerned with the recent statements attributed by the Minister. He said that her utterances are capable of undermining the functions of the Acting President, and that her statements also have grave security implication.

“Under the doctrine of collective responsibility”, said tsegba, “she as a cabinet member is incompetent to make public statement in contradiction of the collective decision of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) irrespective of her personal opinion”, said the caucus spokesman.[/b]

“Our advise to her in this circumstances of her total objection to the decision of FEC, is to resign”, he said.

“The caucus itself urges all public officers particularly members of FEC to refrain forthwith from making further inflammatory statements capable of undermining peace, stability and unity of Nigeria but focus on how to effectively implement the budget”, he said.

I ve always known dat d average Benue man has no identity, always hiding under d canopy of d North, instead of sticking 2 his true identity as a middle belter. After defending Northern interests, he wil start cry blue murder when its time 2 share d dividends. Dat was how they were used 1966-70, until d north made victims of d 1990 Orkar coup they started complaining. It wil stil happen again, they should get an identity of theirs like d South South ve done. Prof DORA AKUNYILI is certainly a heroine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All hail d QUEEN OF NAIJA! HIP! HIP!! HIP!!! HURRAY!
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2010
dappssee:

I think Dora should resign. Its obvious she can't win this battle. If I were here, I would resign and that's where the honour is. Its a shame we have a bunch of leaders without vision and tact

True Dora needs to resign, there's no point hanging in there if she doesn't share in the collective 'aspirations'  grin  of the FEC which is to share, share and share more money while picking up estacodes & inflated contracts along the way.  grin

She overplayed her hand by being vocal, against the grain, all in her bid to salvage her already mangled reputation.

She shouldn't even have accepted the Information portfolio, going back to the University to teach for two or three years (after the good work she did at NAFDAC) wouldn't have been the end of her political career.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Ovamboland(m): 1:25pm On Mar 04, 2010
Na wah and this is the House we are pinning our hopes on to pas the FOI bill. undecided

We go wait tire, in fact Nigerians never halla! cry
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Livvvvy(f): 1:39pm On Mar 04, 2010
Some times I wonder if they have brains to think.
To what good will they achieve if Dora resigns? They are old fools, they should be the ones to resign so that they can go treat their epilepsy. Idiot fool.

And I imagine them to be someone father.

For Dora, stay put. You no dey go anywhere until God decides your removal. Let them see you and torment.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by ichommy(m): 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
Wonders shall never ends for this naija,
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by sley4life(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2010
Dora cant resign. Instead of her leaving the mantle all the cabals should face firing squad for trying to take the country backward
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by mafifle: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2010
you guys are just making empty treat. i actually expected people asking for the head of Dora to first finish eating that of Turai,the cabal that she derives her strength from and the military chiefs that organized the midnight coup.

Dora has not done any thing wrong. she has only done her job. reported things the way it is. that is real time journalism.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by sley4life(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2010
What country are we where the right of the people are misinterpreted. Dora has spoken the truth and that have made the cabals jitter. Its time for the public to come out naked and protest. How can a dead man rule us? Goodluck should stand up firmly. The senate should ensure the constitution that allows Goodluck to be president implemented.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Eaglebabe: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2010
Dora resign go where?A living dog is better than a dead lion.Resign go where when half dead President is still holding on to power on the bed. These northerners are mad.They want to capitalise on this and spark off trouble.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
Anti Dora, We are strongly behind you. Your fore fathers will be smiling wherever they are now saying "thats our daughter" just as we are saying "thats our sister" Don't mind those almajiris. How i wish the de-amalgamation will happen sooner coz i'm sure it must happen. We need u as a head of the lower Niger. This Country as presently constituted, doesn't deserve you. God be with you.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by initiator(m): 7:22pm On Mar 04, 2010
They want the incapacitated president to stay on while the vibrant minister resigns.

It is not yet time for objective politics in Nigeria.

If I were her, i'd leave.

The fight ain't worth it.

Maybe in 20years time would principled politics be enthroned in Nigeria - that is if we are still one country then sef.
Re: Yar’adua: Resign Now, Northern Reps Tell Akunyili by lanre2u(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
I don't blame yar' adua, i blame the people of Nigeria for allowing these rogues and bastards controlling our future. we will remain like this till eternity till we fight for our freedom.

On the issue of prof. Dora, i blame her for taking that post, no bright person work under a dull head like Yar' adua. The so called Ministers are beggers who has being suffering from "Poverty of Mind", they must make money and hang on to power till God calls them.

Dora should resign cos she lost my respect when she accepted that post-- dining with the Devils, you will be address by the people around you.

on the so called reps members, they are bunch of idiot who will pay later with their future, the is if they will end up well, am not surprise at their utterance; these are the people that want to norminate Yar' adull for a Novel peace price for giving amnesty to Militant; they thought amnesty can be bought and sold in the house of rep.

These people should just go and bury their shamefull head in the river.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Leaders Use Nairaland? / Silently, Dr Greg Ibe Answers The Call To Invest In SE / Senate To Quiz Udoma And Adeosun On Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.