Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses (749 Views)

10 More Auto Plants To Start Operations / Nigeria Sells Newly Built Power-Plants To Private Investors. / Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses by PHIPEX(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2012
Subsidy: Local assembly plants to supply 6,000 buses
January 11, 2012 by Rasheed Bisiriyu 48 Comments
Olusegun

Local vehicle assembly plants are to supply about 6,000 buses in the first six months of this year to cushion the effects of fuel subsidy removal on the people.

The buses, according to the Executive Director, Nigerian Automotive Manufacturers Association, Mr. Arthur Madueke, will be injected into the urban mass transit scheme just inaugurated by the Federal Government.

This came on Tuesday just as the Luxury Bus Owners Association said its members had not increased their fares as a result of the fuel subsidy removal.

The group, which urged the Federal Government to remove import duty and Value Added Tax payable on all imported fully built commercial buses, said it was in support of the removal of subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit.

Madueke told our correspondent in a telephone interview on Tuesday that the new bus deal was sealed in Abuja last Thursday during a meeting between the local bus assemblers and the Federal Government team led by the Minister of Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga.

President Goodluck Jonathan had on Sunday inaugurated the mass transit scheme with 1,100 buses, some of which were imported.

He had earlier approved N15bn for the commencement of the scheme.

Jonathan had said with a robust mass transit culture, the cost of transportation would be reduced, comparable to what obtained in developed economies, adding that the three tiers of government would be involved in the scheme, with the support of transport unions and commercial banks

Madueke also confirmed that 50 per cent of the first set of vehicles for the scheme would be obtained locally.

According to him, Innoson Vehicles Manufacturing Company of Nnewi, Kano-based National Truck Manufacturer and Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company of Enugu are major contributors to the scheme.

“By March, we should be able to supply 2,000 buses to the scheme; and at the end of the second quarter, we promise to deliver between 5,000 and 6,000 buses,” he said.

The NAMA director said that most of the local vehicle assembly plants were currently running on a single shift, adding that with assured patronage, they could run two or three shifts.

He stressed the need for the operators of the buses to carry out routine maintenance of the vehicles with the local assembly plants or their accredited workshops.

“The maintenance cost will be at affordable rates; this will be part of the deal; we don’t want a situation where the vehicles will be mismanaged or poorly maintained and will end up giving the manufacturers/ local assembly plants negative image,” he said.

Madueke had before now said the existing 12 vehicle assembly plants located in different parts of the country with a combined capacity of 150,000 vehicles annually, were currently producing at about 10 per cent of their installed capacity.

Meanwhile, LBOA said in a statement on Tuesday that its memebrs had not increased their fares.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/subsidy-local-assembly-plants-to-supply-6000-buses/
Re: Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses by PHIPEX(m): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
Has the dividend started?
Re: Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
Before gej people come and start saying rubbish, just read the recent comments on this article

Leyimacosa January 11, 2012 at 3:17 am

Visionary, Visionary,Visionary these people always talk about future but the future is now not tomorrow but today. Importing buses from another country not from your own country growing their economy and leaving yours in dark and you still want Nigerians to believe the words coming out from your mouth, Mr. Aganga you got to be kidding your self not us.
Link

ALABI ADEYEMI January 11, 2012 at 11:09 am

Nigeria has been sitting on keg(s) of gun powder for a long time. One has just exploded resulting from long neglect of the refineries thus leading to the removal of fuel (pms) subsidy. It is a matter of time before others will begin to detonate except cogent remedial measures are taken. For example, education sector requires more attention of the government, the private organizations and individuals to restore quality and integrity to our institutions. A situation whereby lecturers embark on strikes and having to rush to complete the curricula when the strike is suspended affects quality of the students and it is unsustainable for the development of needed human capital for the growth of the nation. Others are Highly skilled employment which is causing drift of intellectuals from the country to developed countries in Europe and America, and slow progress in energy sector which has led to reduction of foreign investors, and outflow of the existing industries to other countries in Africa. All these will continue to to reduce the quality of life and serve as potential sources of threat to national security. I believe that the current government efforts if allowed to work through the cooperation of the stake holders, the immediate pains of the current reforms will yield better dividend for the generalities of all.
Link

Joe Omonbude (USA) January 11, 2012 at 4:56 am

Each time I read about the nonsense these people say or plan I wonder if their head is upside down. Busses to solve the economic impact of the high cost of fuel? There are thousands of people who own cars and motorcycles as means of going to work; they have to take buses? How are the farmers in the villages going to transport their produce to the market with buses? How about thousands of people who use generators to run their small business? The list goes on. What is wrong with our people? The government is going to buy thousands of buses to run on bad roads and already congested road? This is a country with a very high unemployment; the government is removing the only economic life support. Lord have mercy on this President.
Link

Kunle January 11, 2012 at 5:15 am

Dear Joe, I think you are a bit confused about arguments for and against subsidy removal. The effect of an action in one area goes beyond that area. I thought you should know that there will be job creation when most of the buses are supplied by local assembly plants. Well we can’t discuss the economics of these actions of govt here. Putting USA in front of your name actually gave me the impression that you probably should know better. Please remove it! It is unnecessary.
Link

kayleb UK January 11, 2012 at 9:06 am

Mr Kunle,I want to be sure you were not opportuned to pass in front of a school not to talk of through it.You are talking rubbish with pride.Apologise to Joe,if you dont,it only show the measure of your foolishness and illiteracy
Link

Kunle January 11, 2012 at 11:18 am

Dear Kayleb, thanks a lot for abusing me but you haven’t said anything! UK again?
Link

Babajide (The Netherlands) January 11, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Hello Kunle,
It’s clear that you are one of the shameless, senseless…ect nigerians. You are just like the Nigeria government with lack of structure and focus, who don’t know how to slove the Nigerian’s problems rather than adding to it and mismanaging our revenue. Feeling inferior to one living outside the country is your problem. Joe & Kayleb don’t mind the idiot.
Link

Jethro January 11, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Kunle, ur arguement is out ot touch with basic reality. Which Job will it create? How many times have we read about jobs promises? If subsidy will work, Govt should first put in place TRUST. This is what is missing. Do u want me to trust Njoku Iweala who said most buses in Nigeria use dieasel or Goodluck who said April is d set time for subsidy removal only to give us maggots as new year gift. Kunle, dont wait for their Job, u had better find something doing.
Link

saint January 11, 2012 at 6:02 am

i love my country no matter how it hurts ,i know one day b4 GEJ will step down he must do something tangible .he is not confused ,he has a good plan ,i don’t know who is against him but i believe so much that he will do better than other past government.i have not seen anything bad about his government it is just that few evil men are working against his government to bring him down but GOD will see him through no matter how they struggle to frustrate him .his government is very transparent than ever b4
Link

Biodun,Lagos January 11, 2012 at 6:16 am

The people wish is supreme.
Link

Biodun,Lagos January 11, 2012 at 6:17 am

The people’s wish is supreme.
Link

Hamza kabir January 11, 2012 at 6:24 am

Windor of opportunity to the minority,just as in fuel sbsdy only few enjy the systm.
Link

Jalo January 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

We are praying 4 that 2 happened.
Link

abimbola kumapayi January 11, 2012 at 7:00 am

There is no sense in this proposal because how many people will these buses carry, and how are we sure they will serve the needs of a certain group who have not been used to joining public transport.
People in govt should realise that “chioce is very important in democractic setting” its not only about people voting voluntarily, but ability to do whatever they want to do at any particular time.
If i want to service my “personal gods” without the present of any person in the night, i should be free to do so- without conditionalities like “Transist bus operation”
This is violation of human right- “Right to exercise and conduct business in a way that suits my purposes” so far i do not violate the law.
Please go away with your crude public administration, this measure does not fit it all.
Link

ALABI ADEYEMI January 11, 2012 at 11:32 am

There is sense in your comment and personally agree that choice is one of the innate characteristics of man. It is also the responsibility of the government to provide enabling environment for the well being of its citizens on of which is good and efficient transport systems. Both federal and state governments have transport programs to alleviate problem of movement within and interstate. For example, in Lagos State, the both car owners and those who do not have es pecially the students enjoy the comfort and speed provided by the BRT and LAGBUS. It is actually a matter of choice to use the buses provided by the Federal. The Federal Government could utilise the revenue (the return on investment) from those buses to improve long distance road haulage that could benefit all farmers and the citizens who depend on agricultural products one way or the other. The nation needs people of integrity to executive the programs and patience and endurance from the populace.
Link

ukoun luke January 11, 2012 at 7:19 am

Pls we your help produce more of the buses the help the condition of things,i believe that things will be better.
Link

afowowe christopher olawale January 11, 2012 at 7:19 am

this is indeed another way to looth treasury, of course the contract would be given to PDP, a good supporter of oil subsidy. i am sure these vehicles would be converted to Campaign tools in the forthcoming election. Shameful leaders
Link

Aduloju Olatunde January 11, 2012 at 7:29 am

Each day I woke up from bed, I feel sad for the people of this country because all the policies (either made, making or to be made) are anti-people policy and it is for the welthey men of country. Why the revelation of the assembly plants who can made 150,000 buses in a year now, why were they not encourage before subsidy strike. Our Mr President, Chief Mrs Okonjo, Maduike and C.B.N gov. CAN WE STILL HAVE MORE LIES. WE ARE WAITTING
Link

frank January 11, 2012 at 7:56 am

WE NIGERIANS VEHEMENTLY REJECT THE SUBSIDY REMOVAL. NO GOING BACK ON THE STRIKE UNTIL PUMP PRICE OF PETROL RETURNS TO STATUS QUO. MEANWHILE, DO YOU HAVE AN MTN, GLO OR AIRTEL USB MODEM AND YOU WANT TO MAKE IT TO BE A UNIVERSAL MODEM TO WORK WITH ALL NETWORKS? CALL 07036550430 TO GET IT DONE IMMEDIATELY.
Link

Kabkolade January 11, 2012 at 8:16 am

Those who are talking about buses i think their senseless cos we are talking about our future and some *******s in our country is talking rubbish.wel i am not suprise, ilu ti o ba n dun omo ale ibe si kere ni which means our country’s *******s has grow wings
Link

Kabkolade January 11, 2012 at 8:25 am

Those who are talking about buses i think their senseless cos we are talking about our future and some *******s in our country is talking rubbish.wel i am not suprise, ilu ti o ba n dun omo ale ibe si kere ni which means our country’s *******s has grow wings
Link

Abba January 11, 2012 at 8:35 am

No matter what, i see a better Nigeria where possibilities abound. Nigerian youths should wakeup to the reality that they are being used against their future. Jonathan has taking the Right decision we should all stand by him and build Nigeria together. Some wicked Nigerians who benefited from the corrupt practices are those instigating the youth against the president’s decision because they know their time is up.
Link

Oluyhemie January 11, 2012 at 8:49 am

Kunle
Dear Joe, I think you are a bit confused about arguments for and against subsidy removal. The effect of an action in one area goes beyond that area. I thought you should know that there will be job creation when most of the buses are supplied by local assembly plants. Well we can’t discuss the economics of these actions of govt here. Putting USA in front of your name actually gave me the impression that you probably should know better. Please remove it! It is unnecessary.

Joe I quite support your argument. Its only an unreasonable person that will not agree with the point you are trying to make. How many buses will they buy to cushion the effect of the removal of the subsidy? That is the question we have to ask ourselves. It is simply baseless and does not not appel to senses.
I agree with the removal of the subsidy and to me it is not objectionable but I totally diagree with the timing- the timing is poor and ill-conceived.
If at all the FG is going to remove the subsidy, there should have done feasibilty study to the impact of such on an average Nigerian. If they know that it is going to have a negative impact on an average Nigerian, that will make them to think of what and what to put in place as a shock absorber to lessen the effect of the removal of the subsidy. The issue on ground is not all about being a professor, but has to do with the ability to think very well and formulate people friendly policies.
If our refineries are working at optimum capacity and power is stable, nobody will make trouble because of the removal of subsidy and it will have slight or little effect on the economy.
Link

Oladipo(China) January 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

@oluyhemie…you have said it all……firstly,they should make refinery work, sack the people maintaining it and gave it to formal company that build this refinery…the head of the refinery with the company maintaining it are responsible for it not to work…they are collecting money from this cabal who collect the subsidy money…….sometimes,i just wonder if people making policy have sense because they just make policy that 10yrs kid will know its stupid…….if jonathan really want this country to be a better place,he will have to step on toes like obj,dangote,ibb and the rest, there are the people ruining this country down unless he mentioned them out with there evil doings…he wont achieve anything…, jonathan is just after his own pocket and love after power no to serve common people….all what is happening has proved it…….if he really want to work, he knows who are the best to give good for these ministrial work and he should invite them to his cabinet, stop giving ministrial appointment on issue of politics or contact……and Nigerian too should stop giving there vote because of one cup of rice, Nigerians should stop listening to these men of God pushing them to wrong way, telling us someone is god chosen….everybody knows nothing good will never come out of PDP…jonathan want to do good but people around him will never allow him….until everyone of us are fearless to die for our country, want to lay our life down to save our country,our future like americans did to get there indepence from britain, then we can be a better country…….Nigeria does not have any good name abroad…its all scam,419,drugs….if people know you Nigeiran,they will step back and readjust themselve…you will need try to prove yourself before you are accepted…this is caused because of bad leadership and corrupton in the country…may God help us and we need help our country…together we stand….
Link

alex January 11, 2012 at 9:56 am

bros removal of subsidy did not affect only transport, please it has multiplier effect on all products of life, i think goodluck should fix refinaries and ban importation on fuel and other petroleum product, this will force investors to build more refinery. please importation may not allow us to create the tauted job as it is only through production that we can generate the needed job
Link

Danvick January 11, 2012 at 10:41 am

I dont thing that is right thing to do now.they just want to cause another problem to us.dont do it
Link

Benga January 11, 2012 at 10:42 am

This is madness or sheer stupidity! Just like poverty alleviation program in 1999 which they used to enrich their pockets. In the process of importing these buses its a strategy to embezzle more money. Soon they will say the bought each bus for N20 million.
We need to burn these theives.
If Boko Haram is wise enough it’s national assembly or any politicians they should blow not UN or christians.
Link

Oladipo(China) January 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm

i wonder my brother oooo……boko haram and south south right fighters know these thieves ruining this country…they suppose go and bomb them with there children they are saving the money for…but its shame, its christain they are killing and kidnapper will go and adopt mikel father…is mikel benefiting from nigeria money…, may God help us
Link

catherine bassey January 11, 2012 at 10:48 am

Pay packages should be reduced in our government pockets 2 subsidy 4 fuel and leave us wit our small salary.
Link

Oladipo(China) January 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm

if they really love masses….jonathan,houe of rep and co should reduce there salary and allowance…they are rich already, if they are collecting 250k naira pe month is okay for them….all billions they are using style to steal, they should divert it to education sector
Link

remi January 11, 2012 at 10:51 am

After a while the government will start shouting about bus cabal that it cannot tackle. School fees, medical bills,food bills will be paid with buses. God help us.
Link

frank January 11, 2012 at 11:35 am

FG DOSENT HAVE THE SINCERE INTEREST OF THE MASSES AT HEART BECAUSE IF THEY DO, THEY WOULDT HAVE GONE AHEAD WITH THIS SUBSIDY REMOVAL POLICY CONSIDERING THE HARSH EFFECT IT WOULD HAVE ON THE COMMON MAN. MEANWHILE, DO YOU HAVE AN MTN, GLO OR AIRTEL USB MODEM AND YOU WANT TO MAKE IT TO BE A UNIVERSAL MODEM TO WORK WITH ALL NETWORKS? CALL 07036550430 TO GET IT DONE IMMEDIATELY. NOTE: YOU HAVE TO BE WITH THE MODEM(S) BEFORE YOU CALL.
Link

Odinaka Raphael January 11, 2012 at 11:58 am

Nigeria are full of stories and emty promises.is only God that will help this our nation.
Link

Oladipo(China) January 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

……firstly,they should make refinery work, sack the people maintaining it and gave it to formal company that build this refinery…the head of the refinery with the company maintaining it are responsible for it not to work…they are collecting money from this cabal who collect the subsidy money…….sometimes,i just wonder if people making policy have sense because they just make policy that 10yrs kid will know its stupid…….if jonathan really want this country to be a better place,he will have to step on toes like obj,dangote,ibb and the rest, there are the people ruining this country down unless he mentioned them out with there evil doings…he wont achieve anything…, jonathan is just after his own pocket and love after power no to serve common people….all what is happening has proved it…….if he really want to work, he knows who are the best to give good for these ministrial work and he should invite them to his cabinet, stop giving ministrial appointment on issue of politics or contact……and Nigerian too should stop giving there vote because of one cup of rice, Nigerians should stop listening to these men of God pushing them to wrong way, telling us someone is god chosen….everybody knows nothing good will never come out of PDP…jonathan want to do good but people around him will never allow him….until everyone of us are fearless to die for our country, want to lay our life down to save our country,our future like americans did to get there indepence from britain, then we can be a better country…….Nigeria does not have any good name abroad…its all scam,419,drugs….if people know you Nigeiran,they will step back and readjust themselve…you will need try to prove yourself before you are accepted…this is caused because of bad leadership and corrupton in the country…may God help us and we need help our country…together we stand….
Link

Bob Mollo January 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm

This is interesting, 6000 buses, with no good roads for the buses. Now I think this idiots took us for a fool. With the kind of money they are making, they belief that we are nothing but slaves. Now Aganga, how much is your newspaper allowance?. Most of you earned in allowances alone for a month, what twelve families with five children will live on for more than a year, and yet you have the guts to announce 6000 buses. I hope you read all the papers, especially responds to your paper announcement and give us your feed backs. You have seen this salary structure below, if not, let me refresh your memory on how much our senators make;

Basic Salary (BS) – N2,484,245.50
Hardship Allowance @ 50% of Basic Salary – N1,242,122.70 (I love this kind of hardship)
Constituency allowance @ 200% of BS – N4,968,509.00
Furniture Allowance @ 300% of BS – N7,452,736.50
Newspaper allowance @ 50% – N1,242,122.70 (Which kind newspaper be this, abi na online or hard copy?)
Wardrobe allowance @ 25% – N621,061.37
Recess Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55
Accommodation @ 200% – N4,968,509.00
Utilities @ 30% – N828,081.83
Domestic Staff @ 35% – N863,184.12
Entertainment @ 30% – N828,081.83
Personal Assistance @ 25% – N621,061.37
Vehicle Maintenance Allowance @ 75% – N1,863,184.12
Leave Allowance @ 10% – N248,424.55
One off payments (Severance gratuity) @ 300% – N7,452,736.50 (Once they get fired.)
Motor Vehicle Allowance @ 400% of BS – N9,936,982.00 – Every Four Years
Senator’s Salary per month – N2,456,647.70
Total = N29,479,749.00 Per Year
Link

ola January 11, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Are you unemployed? Or you are
searching for a better job?
Congratulations! Heavens have
smiled on you. Get the latest job
vacancy update at http://
http://www.getyournaijajobs.com
Link

Enamue Abdul January 11, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Removal of fuel subsidy is the best most important thing to happen to nigeria today, if we refuse it today so will nigeria economy continue to slide downward. I want to recall that the president is the only president who chose to tackle economic problem without fear. Let support this transformation policy we shall succeed.
Link

Dokun Ojomo January 11, 2012 at 3:10 pm

thanks brother enamue
Link

AKUDOLU IGNATIUS January 11, 2012 at 2:47 pm

ON THE REMOVAL OF OIL SUBSIDY
AKUDOLU IGNATIUS, AWKA
If the government had fixed the power problem, put up unemployment benefit schemes to help the teaming unemployed youths and graduates of this country, one could find a way of listening to their talks of strengthening the mass transport system with more buses, talking with transport owners not to increase transport fares. The removal of the oil subsidy has already increased the fares by hundred per cent.
The removal of the oil subsidy problems falls on the heads of the workers and parents who already are saturated with economic hardships created through the years by successive bad governments. It is the same workers and parents who suffer to see their wards and children go through the crumbled public schools and expensive academic institutions that pay their taxes, trade permits, advertising rates, and crooked NEPA bills, (and) yet take care of the aged parents, unemployed children and many redundant wards and relations already beat down by the estranged economy.
The government of this nation must find ways of easing problems and hardship from the populace. The multiple protests being generated from the removal of oil subsidy is not totally against government, but the extreme poverty and beyond – existential level of living, the masses, the workers, parents and the generality of the common man is pushed into.
The measures, being put in by the government is far from solving the problem, hence the mass protests.
Link

Ayodeji Otiti January 11, 2012 at 4:12 pm

These people are buffoons. They are also pathological liars with not an iota of shame. They need to cushion the effects of their ill-timed naira-grabbing policy with 6000 buses? When will the buses be avialble? 2015? They are bolos and they think they are talking to fellow bolos. Only a fool will believe one word out of thousands they say. They are too busy stealing and wasting money to be bothered by the suffering of the plebeians.
Link

Dike January 11, 2012 at 6:24 pm

No one has mentioned anything bout rural transportation. The roads are non existent or are in worse conditions than its urban counterparts. The nature of traffic makes mass transit impractical. Finally if we consider a fully regulated pms market, prices of products will be more expensive in the rural areas. Subsidy being the only benefit of the rural communities removed will make life much more difficult. The current govt proposal as well as suggestions by informed citizens does not address this .
Link

MIKE IGAGA January 11, 2012 at 6:51 pm

First i wonder how these buses serve the farmers in my village on their way to and from the farm? How do they apply to the conveance of food stuffs from the North to markets in the south and the other way round? How do they apply to intra-city transport? How do they effectively respond to the transport needs of over 160 million Nigerians. It is talks like this that shows how banckrupt Jonathan and his advisers are. He does not even understand the issues on ground. However, the president need to be told that his limitations have caused the death of Nigerians who cannot be left to waste for nothing. We cannot betray them. So, let him resign and be prepared to pay for the souls lost in the cause of this struggle. This is the current minimum demand of the Nigerian people.
Link

dike January 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm

sometimes one wonders if our leaders and the so called cordinating economic ministers think from the anus. I could not cut my hair today because of price increase, 20litres of bore~hole water is now N20 from N10, and the list is endless. Can buses or mass transit cushion these effects? What will happen to the economy of the existing bus drivers? Will the buses have direct impact on those in rural areas? What percentage of the buses will be operational after a year or two?… the qwestions raised are just numerous. The best policy or condition for subsidy removal is 24-hour power supply. Whenever this is attained we can talk about subsidy removal. God help Nigeria.
Link

akin(uk) January 11, 2012 at 7:24 pm

It’s a big shame. Everything about this jonathan government is about WE WILL, WE WILL, WE WILL. Right from 2010 till now , it is WE WILL. It shouldn’t take forever for a capable and competent government with the huge resources at its disposal to be able to have just one thing to show for ACHIEVEMENT. Even OBJ Govt took about a year to revolutionise communication, if not less than. For 2 good years, it has been a complete waste and wastage of the nation finance. Trillions of naira on election for their rigging ( less than 1000 people) but can they can subsidise over 100 million nigerians for less than 1 trillion naira.
Link

akin(uk) January 11, 2012 at 7:59 pm

And don’t forget Lagos state Govt purchase over 2,000 buses and took years to put things in order.
And here we have jonathan getting 1,600 buses for the 774 local govt area of nigeria . That’s about 2 buses per local govt area. All plan in less than 2 days. WHY WILL IT NOT FAIL. ANOTHER ONE OF HIS DECEIT.
The jonathan govt say WE WILL get 4,000 megawatts since 2010 up till now it is still in daily newspaper power generation hit 3,800 megawatt today , tomorrow it is 2,800 megawatt.
WHAT A SHAME OF A GOVERNMENT !
Link

mr teacher January 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Mr President, I know ‎​you deserve kill by hanging, ‎​you promised us transformation but all we got is suffering while ‎​you and your families keep eating fried rice and chicken in Aso rock,mr teacher don’t teach us nonsense because we are not going to take this from ‎​you, we will fight ‎​you till…
Link

mr teacher January 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Mr President, you deserve kill by hanging, ‎​you promised us transformation but all we got is suffering while ‎​you and your families keep eating fried rice and chicken in Aso rock,mr teacher don’t teach us nonsense because we are not going to take this from ‎​you, we will fight ‎​you till…
Link

ola January 11, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Mr Aganga, you must be a fool to suggest the importation of buses. in this day and age when developed countries are discouraging pollution and rather heavily investing in trains and metro. you are a disgrace to Goldman Sach and foreign degree holders. Leyimacosa is right.why cant you recommend and see it through that the development of trains and rails tracks are awarded and developed in nigeria rather importation.God, this na thief!!!
Re: Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses by Rad1cal: 9:58pm On Jan 11, 2012
very Correct grin

people should please protest this , Innoson don become cabal oo!

Dunces of nairaland
Re: Subsidy: Local Assembly Plants To Supply 6,000 Buses by PHIPEX(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ diluminati
The earlier we understand that subsidy is gone for good the better for us all. I believe these contracts were not in the budget submitted earlier which means that the subsidy money may hv been diverted to rescueing our vehicle manufacturers.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Is A Crime Against Humanity! / I Now Have A Rethink << Lets Support D Govt>> / What Is The Borderline Between Tribalism And Apologist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.