Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel (88377 Views)

Man Steals From Oyedepo Runs Mad - Mikeangelonews.com / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Uchmonia(m): 5:56am On Jan 13, 2012
Na waa 200 pastor is nt a smal tin i tel u. My advice is dat if u kw dat God did nt cal u beta go and look 4 another thing do, cos if actually he did nt cal u and u are dar he may nt be happy with u. Note dat every1 has his/her own cal if ur do nt is nt being a pastor pls go and look 4 another thing 2 do. Kudio 2 d great legend in d lord infact shal countiue 2 be ur strenght.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by jaydude(f): 7:28am On Jan 13, 2012
And so what? I wonder wot d benefit of this story is? And to even b on d front page, u guys shuld leave God 2 judge Oyedepo oohh! By d way why wouldn't he deduct d loans taken by d pastors? Hw many church leaders wil even offer such money 2 such a number of pastors, and were d pastors going 2 b under his church forever before? MscheEwww
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by mrperfect(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2012
God bless us all.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by blackboi(m): 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2012
goshen360:

You are welcome my brother. May you grow in humility and spirit of correction. However, i meant to say: what if God doesn't honor your words when you said: your fingers will cease co-operating with your brain. If you read my post, I have not commented on the story but used it as opportunity to speak the burden I have carried for long. This is the cause of problems in the body of Christ today because religious leaders have centralized the church organization and I see it as Babylonian system.
thanks & amen to the prayers
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by blackboi(m): 5:44pm On Jan 13, 2012
rhymz:

make amadioha strike you with chronic body odour, fool.
Who the hell is this stray  running hid mouth and cursing his parents. Oyedepo as far as I am concerned is an A-list Con-Artist that cares more about his business empire than anything else. If you hate to hear people say the truth about him go and eat a manliness, your ranting on the internet only exposes your low I.Q, little wonder the con-man is exploiting your unintelligence. Imagine having a buncha suckers for congregation like this m'oron here threatening his parents. Like pastor like his gullible follower if given a chance you will go bruce lee on anyone that disagrees with you or better still still bribe them out if they become too intimidating.

the year is too young for  what you're asking, spoilt KID smiley

TEMPER + TEMPER = FIREWORKS!!
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Tushed: 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2012
Its' time the Church starts paying their taxes as Jesus recommended!
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Luxzy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 13, 2012
if the report is true, i expect to see more churches springing up with ridiculous names and even more confusing doctrines/teachings. God helps us all
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by rhymz(m): 5:36pm On Jan 14, 2012
blackboi:

the year is too young for  what you're asking, spoilt KID smiley

TEMPER + TEMPER = FIREWORKS!!

Obviously your con-man pastor has bastardized yoir psyche to the point you now see him as an all knowing supernatural being that gives order to God at his whims and caprices. Thank God God is not man sha!
If you have got any brain cells you will realize that your Con-man's leadership style is noting like what he preaches, he is into commercialization of the gospel of christ, the gullibilty of his congragation is his market, he will do anything to keep them tamed and fearful of him in a godly manner that is why he has perfected the art of mass indoctrination, mind control and human programming. The man obviously reads occultic books that teach these kind of esoteric knowledge. Why do you think ppl like Jay Z and co sells even when they make direct references through using occultic symbold and references, people still gather en mass to listen to them and even do thesame signs as them. Your pastor and many more of his ilks are no different in their approach except that they use the bible to disguise their learned art of mass seduction, induction and mind control. That is why nobody in his congregation will object to the fact that the MOG has veered off from teaching about the gospel of christ to commercialization of the gospel. His Church revolves around him and his businesses. This man's concept of prosperity is self-aggrandizement and aquisition of material things. He does not even give back. When was the last time you heared that these churches ever did any project that helps the generality of the public. Nigeria today is in dire lack of social amenities like well equipped libraries to engage the minds of young people, recreational centres, centres for indigent pregnant women to recieve free ante-natal and pre-natal care and safe delivery, intitiate free education or feeding programm in selected public schools, even in rural communities where they have their conduit churches there is not even one project you can point to anu of them, yet they can afford private jets, affluent lifestyles, build Universiteis, have olympic size auditoriums, build estates and all that. If the early roman carholic churches that came to africa were more concerned with themselves alone and how to fleece the majority indigent congregation, we wont have missionary school that educated a lot of us and our grand parents. Look at what is going on today in Nigeria, how many of them have been able to look at the government and tell them the truth to their face? In America, it was the church that and a hosr of other political movements that started the civil rights movement, except for Pastor Tunde Bakare who is an activist by nature and caresless about wealth non of your big time pastors are saying anything or supporting the people of Nigeria to take actions to stop the corruption going on. In Imo state it was a the arch bishop of Owerri that led the protest can your money loving MOG do that? Guy open your eyes and see the real thing. . .it is a sdtruggle for the smart and cunning. News Flash:Your pastor is not infalible, he is a human being and yes, he is more into money making than preaxhing the gospel.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by emekau2002: 4:38am On Jul 08, 2012
MrPrsdent: The Bishop David Oyedepo led Living Faith Tabernacle Church,popularly known as Winners Chapel is alleged to have suffered a huge setback.All of 200 pastors were feared to have resigned enmasse from the blossoming ministry.

Information available to us revealed that the exodus occurred shortly before the New Year service.

According to our source,this was the fall-out of the general meeting the amiable Bishop had with all the pastors in his ministry during Shiloh 2011 at Canaanland,Ota,from Monday,December 4 to December 11,2011.

We learnt he told them that he was planning to re-organise the ministry but he would love to know those who were still commited to his vision and commission.

According to our source,he told them that it may not favour some of them.

Aside that,he was said to have heard some people were grumbling about his leadership style and that some claimed they have received divine directive to start their own ministry,adding that he would love them to part in peace.He then dropped a bombshell by paying off over a thousand pastors N2 million and above totaling about N4 billion.

However,an insider,who pleaded anonymity squealed that out of the money,deductions were made from loans taken by each of them and at the end they went home with left over ranging from N500,000 to N1.5 million.

It’s sad indeed that about 200 pastors have resigned from Winners Chapel secretly.

They all cut across the branches of the ministry worldwide.I learnt that they were all paid off by Bishop Oyedepo,who informed them that anybody that wished to leave his ministry over one issue or the other could do so amicably without rancor.Thus,few days after,about 200 pastors left.For instance,one of my pastor friends,who was affected complained that he only got N500,000.

According to him,they deducted the debt he incurred from the car loan he took.

The allegations range from directive to start their own ministry, high-handedness of the church leadership and other personal issues” our source said.

Another source informed that Bishop Oyedepo’s action was premised on his past experience.For instance,in 2004,following the reorganization of the headship of the branches of the church worldwide,Bishop George Adjemann,head of the Ghana branch of the church,reportedly resisted his transfer to Ibadan,Oyo State,after he had successfully planted the church in the former Gold Coast and money was rolling in.After a protracted negotiation,the Bishop was said to have offered the recalcitrant minister $100,000.He rejected the offer and took over the church.

The Adjemann’s episode led to a massive re-organisation and transfer of key ministers.Non-graduate pastors were sacked.One of those affected in the exercise was Dayo Olutayo,head of Abuja diocese,who was moved to Port Harcourt,Rivers State.He rejected the posting and consequently broke away and set up his own church adjacent,Winners Chapel at Durumi,Abuja.

He was said to have offered many of the sacked pastors sanctuary.Another instance was when four bishops and 15 pastors also resigned from Winners Chapel in 2007 following a re-organisation by the founder,Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo.

On Saturday,January 7,2012,we contacted the church media officer,Mr. Emmanuel Igban and this what he told us: I am not aware of that.Thank You.

http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/entertainment/35458-shocker-200-pastors-resign-from-oyedepo-s-winners-chapel.html

its a little silly that the administrators of nairaland choose a night before service to repost this article, which is obviously false to repost this article, that in so many level shows lack of creatively on the part of even youths of the country, how can our leaders do better.

but after all everyone is entitled to their own opinion!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekends

www.180pay.com
www.180pay.com
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by edrainzeez(m): 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2012
Plz peple 4 GODS sake let us mind d way we taalk abt M O G . Let JEHOVA GOD be d judge. Tank u and GOD bless u
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by edrainzeez(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Plz my ppl lets mind d way we talk abt M O G 4 Gods sake. Let GOD b d judge. GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by Derealme(m): 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] shocked wow! Wat a lucrative and Profitable venture. E be lyk sey I go submit my CV. Church Business....a Cool Business
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by eddy4lyf: 12:20am On Oct 06, 2015
Bluetooth2:

When did church become Nitel where people are paid off ?
why would they not pay them off, is winners not unlimited company?
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by juligon: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Woke4all:
All these fake M.O.G Self
SMH
IF all of them is fake who is the real one.?
Re: 200 Pastors Resign From Oyedepo's Winners Chapel by gentlevick: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2016
I am not surprised to see dumb posts from dumb heads. Its not your fault that ur little brains do not realise that even preaching the gospel requires money... Mtcheew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking Spiritual Marriages, Spirit Husband And Wife, Sex in the dream. / Shop Owned By Pastor Adeboye's Son Where A Pair Of Shoe Is Sold $4000 (Photos) / Malawian Pastor Godwin Maere Leaked Nude Pictures With Female Reverend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.