Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? (10361 Views)

Tiger Woods Regain World Nø 1 Spot In Golf. / Tiger Woods Reclaims World Number One Title In Golf / Drugs In Golf Too. . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Felibaby(f): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
Korrection,
How much does it take to register at ikoyi club or ikeja golf course? Pls let me know. My husband and myself is interested. Thanks.
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by cardoso111(m): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
There are only three sports in the world-swimming,golf and the rest!golf is popular but not as football.Golf relaxes and entertains more than many others.Nigerians shy away because the initial cost of playing kits scare some away but it is worthwhile!
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by eghost247(m): 9:23pm On Jan 15, 2012
find it Boring
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Ndipe(m): 1:42am On Jan 16, 2012
why should Nigerian men be interested in golf, or should we be interested in every game that's popular in the USA?
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by birdman(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2012
I cant help but think most men playing golf do so because its some kind of status symbol. Like drinking coffee at starbucks. Unless you are an old man with a walking stick or two, there is no reason to be playing golf.
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ Ndipe, abi o. Whatever Westerners like is what's in vogue ǡŋ₫ what is considered good.

How many AA's play golf? Save Tiger Woods, ωħ☺ else?
Then we ωħ☺ are on the other side ☺₣ the world are supposed to pick up the boring sport.
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Korrection(m): 9:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
@safarigirl, play golf and trim ur weight, yeah it might be a boring game but i hate it as hell, i can bet my whole world, you cant hit 1 out of 5 balls with what you call stick instead of clubs, if you are a cheat it will show in a golf tourney, you cant deny it but it will catch up with you infront, i hate golf until one was built at my backyard, just took a stroll to have a bottle of beer and nkwobi when someone told me i cant hit a ball, i doubted cos i thought its all about gra gra and energy, by the the time i tried it 4 times i was already sweating and couldnt continue, it was challenging, i came back the next day and got registered with just 20,000 which i paid installmentally and that was it, today im a seniour handicapper of the club and play good golf, finds it difficult to lie, its a great game, and when you start youll regret not playing it earlier, thanks

@birdman, there is every reason to play golf, just dont criticise , ask question and ill tell you, you have my email, i can teach and tell you where you can be a member forever, you can even meet your president and tell him you are an organizer of occupy nigeria and he wont kill you, he will listen to you as a nigerian, get real man

@cardoso111, thank you very much, you hit it right ,

@eghost247, have you tried playing or just watching, have you seen some football fans talk about football as if thier family was born into it?? take them to the field of football and after 5 mins youllls see guys breathing like godzilla, golf is not that way, you can trek miles without knowing it and after 18 holes you have a place called the 19th hole, find out what it is, a fun place to be with

@felibaby, depends on golf courses, different courses different subscription rates, our golf course is the fastest growing course in the world yet its in Nigeria, so we need members and they are coming, its just few cash but by mid year we will be increasing it, once you are a member here all you need is your handicap card to play anywhere in the world, youll be suprise to give ruling to the american president cos you are a seniour in it, there is respect in golf, Please when you get to any gold club, drink with a glass cup, ask questions gently and take some practise swings to release tensions if you have any

@chi-baby, golf is a great game, for real

@Klas, Abuja and IBB is not the only place you play golf, stop discouraging people, my course takes 30,000 and sometyms installmental, so dont say what you dont know, be good

@Freepeople, Nigerian men play golf, have you ever been to any crazy golf of any golf club, its a tournament for non golfers, we just did ours and non golfers played and won fantastic prizes, youll never imagine,

@

@
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Felibaby(f): 10:42am On Jan 17, 2012
Korrection:

@safarigirl, play golf and trim your weight, yeah it might be a boring game but i hate it as hell, i can bet my whole world, you cant hit 1 out of 5 balls with what you call stick instead of clubs, if you are a cheat it will show in a golf tourney, you cant deny it but it will catch up with you infront, i hate golf until one was built at my backyard, just took a stroll to have a bottle of beer and nkwobi when someone told me i cant hit a ball, i doubted cos i thought its all about gra gra and energy, by the the time i tried it 4 times i was already sweating and couldnt continue, it was challenging, i came back the next day and got registered with just 20,000 which i paid installmentally and that was it, today im a seniour handicapper of the club and play good golf, finds it difficult to lie, its a great game, and when you start youll regret not playing it earlier, thanks

@birdman, there is every reason to play golf, just dont criticise , ask question and ill tell you, you have my email, i can teach and tell you where you can be a member forever, you can even meet your president and tell him you are an organizer of occupy nigeria and he wont kill you, he will listen to you as a nigerian, get real man

@cardoso111, thank you very much, you hit it right ,

@eghost247, have you tried playing or just watching, have you seen some football fans talk about football as if thier family was born into it?? take them to the field of football and after 5 mins youllls see guys breathing like godzilla, golf is not that way, you can trek miles without knowing it and after 18 holes you have a place called the 19th hole, find out what it is, a fun place to be with

@felibaby, depends on golf courses, different courses different subscription rates, our golf course is the fastest growing course in the world yet its in Nigeria, so we need members and they are coming, its just few cash but by mid year we will be increasing it, once you are a member here all you need is your handicap card to play anywhere in the world, youll be suprise to give ruling to the american president cos you are a seniour in it, there is respect in golf, Please when you get to any gold club, drink with a glass cup, ask questions gently and take some practise swings to release tensions if you have any
@chi-baby, golf is a great game, for real

@Klas, Abuja and IBB is not the only place you play golf, stop discouraging people, my course takes 30,000 and sometyms installmental, so dont say what you dont know, be good

@Freepeople, Nigerian men play golf, have you ever been to any crazy golf of any golf club, its a tournament for non golfers, we just did ours and non golfers played and won fantastic prizes, youll never imagine,

@

@

Korrection,

You have not answered my questions o. Ok, how much does it take to join ur golf club, is it in lagos, and how can i join? You can email me at oolateju@gmail.com

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by MrsXXX: 2:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
I just wanted to add this. A new indoor golf facility just opened @ Hotel Bon Voyage, off Ajose Adeogun in Lagos. It is particularly useful for golfers and non golfers can take lessons.
The golfers can practice there swings and the 3D technology analysis your swing e.t.c. with amazing technology.

Go check it out. I was there yesterday and I was very impressed .

1 Like

Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Horus(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2013

IBB Golf Course, Abuja

1 Like

Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by birdman(m): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
True to your name abi? Resurrecting dead threads
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Horus(m): 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by mrinsurer: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2013
Please I need the name and address of the golf course where I can register with N30,000.plz send to fyncorp.info@gmail.com
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by Horus(m): 3:18pm On Nov 25, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw60cpsGE6w

I Tried Playing Golf For The First Time In Lagos Nigeria
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by slam7000(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
martyns303:
am the only one of my friends that dont like football, i'd prefer Gulf, Snooker or Table Tennis.

Never heard of any sport or game callled gulf.
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by DeirdreGill: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2021
Interesting question. In fact, we will probably never know the truth, only from the words of the men themselves. Of course, I can assume several possibilities. I think golf is one of the fairest games. The rules are the same for everyone and have been handed down from generation to generation. The second reason is no injuries. Golf is a great warm-up for the joints in the arms and legs through the movement of the club. The third reason is that golf is a beautiful game. The gloves, the club, the shoes, the clothes themselves, the chic golf trolleys, and all this combined with the emerald grass and planted flowerbeds. What could be better?
Re: Why Arent Nigerian men Interested In Golf? by AlphaTaikun: 8:37am On Apr 12, 2022
Orikinla:
Poster, I can see that you are ignorant of the facts and those who are well informed replied you accordingly. There are over 1000 active members of golf clubs in Nigeria. I started playing golf as a caddie until I switched to tennis and finally ended up in Karate. I love golf. But Nigerians elites make it a big deal. You have to join any of the clubs before you can have access to play golf. I still report golf on my Nigerian Times and The Guardian newspaper is the number news media reporting golf in Nigeria.
Word.

You have to be recommended by
an existing due-paying member
in order to join a golf club and gain access to a golf course.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Venus Beats Serena In Lagos Exhibition Match / NPFL: Sunshine Stars Vs Shooting Stars (2 - 0) On 10th May 2015 / Super Eagles To Face Portugal In Friendly September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.