Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,186 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful (860 Views)

Pictures: Pitiful Condition Of Amaraku, Owerri, Imo State / LOL !!! APC Supporters are most Debased and Pitiful Creatures - FFK / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Alleged Pitiful Theft And Corruption Revealed-Shameful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful by Abeem(m): 4:38am On Jan 13, 2012
I found this assessment of Mr. Jonathan on vanguard online and I thought I should share it with folks here. Here you go:

THE SLUGGISH PRESIDENT LOOKS EVEN MORE PITIFUL by Darlington Ehondor

In President Goodluck Jonathan’s DNA, incompetence finds its definition. In his presidential work, it exhibits its definitive expression. Managerial impotence is codified into his general physiological and psychological composition. Indolence stalks him like a stealth predator. It is the only perceptible reason why he is such a drag, such a patently indecisive, intellectually inadequate president. Essentially, his managerial DNA is fatally flawed, substantially defective. He has consistently provided numerous vindications for his most acerbic critics, who zero him down to a negative T: they think he is a president who merely wields a huge doctoral certificate but is stymied by his own basement-level intelligence. Does he not look pitiful?

Given his feeble attempt to explain away – that is, rationalize – his deficiency, he does. He cuts the picture of a sexual predator caught in the act. When you import into the pathetic equation his essential capitulation to the marauding, rampaging Boko Haram terrorist cell, against which he is now groveling to find his bearing, Jonathan appears even more pitiful. But it is his defense of his indefensible slothfulness that elicits the greatest pity: “When I’m challenged I think more, I don’t rush to take decisions, I listen more to people. That is why at times it looks as if I’m slow.”

Hold it right there, Mr. President! You do not look slow – actually, you are slow. There is constantly multiplying evidence that you do not think at all. You lack the split-second ability that a president needs to think on his feet. The mind of a president works like clockwork, constantly prepared for action in unpredictable situations. Evidently, Jonathan's mind is stunted, devoid of sharpness and confidence. The most successful presidents in history achieved success because they were both prescient and anticipatory. They could anticipate events that had the potential to affect society negatively, or even positively, and, consequently, they could take precipitate, pre-emptive, action. Jonathan’s approach to his presidency is drained of any such quality thinking. Imagine the quadruple horror Americans might have been forced to endure today, had George W. Bush not thought on his feet after the al Qaeda terrorist outrage of September 11, 2001.

Or contemplate the apocalyptic consequences, had John F. Kennedy not taken a decisive stance against the Soviets during the Cuban missile crisis in 1962. The macabre outcome of a nuclear exchange would have been to grotesque to even contemplate. Or, can anyone comprehend the repercussions of the Allied Powers allowing Hitler to perpetrate his hideous, hegemonic ideology. All of these situations were managed by a combination of effective anticipatory and corrective thinking. Yet, although Jonathan claims that his sluggishness is inspired by a need to avoid making “a lot of mistakes,” none of his allegedly thought-out decisions have the capacity to inspire the kind of “success” and ecstatic celebrations he says are his motivations. For one, Boko Haram has made mincemeat of his messianic pretensions. He is not the “decidedly transformative” president he claims to be.

So, anyone who deludes himself into the fantastic idea that Jonathan is adequately equipped – mentally and behaviorally – to meet the “challenges” of his parlous presidency should think again. Worse, the suggestion that the current president possesses messianic qualities is refuted by the many failures his presidency has acquired in such a short stretch of time – and by his own admission of sluggishness. The self-indictment is a confession of indolence
Re: The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful by igbonla(m): 5:16am On Jan 13, 2012
That should be the writer's opinion. As much as I believe things could be done differently, I also know that presiding over a complex and dangerous country like Nigeria is not a tea party. One man is attempting to build and even his numerous close associates will be working against him!
Re: The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful by CyberG: 7:42am On Jan 13, 2012
This was a VERY FUNNY read and the write is spot on! Until the Goddamnluck Shitsideen became president, I never knew it was possible to determine a hopelessly stupid president just by looking at his ass like face! Yaradua as bad and slow as he was have exceeded Jonathan even while dead! While he probably didn't have good health for 6 months straight, he still beat the foolish deadluck Jonagoat! Only if the army will just help him put him out of his misery! tongue tongue
Re: The Sluggish President Looks Even More Pitiful by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2012
people dey vex oooooo grin

(1) (Reply)

A People In Terminal Decline / Hell, What Is Snc? / Ibori International Playboy Lifestyle With £50million Fraud:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.