Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Christianity Is Paganism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Paganism (1315 Views)

i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Paganism by LagosShia: 11:45am On Jan 13, 2012
As much as some Christians would like to claim, that Christianity is a pure monotheistic faith, the fact of the matter is that when one studies what Christianity is, and what it teaches, one will see that Christianity is in fact a form of paganism. One only has to study several of the former major pagan religions from ancient Egypt to the Romans and the Greeks and one will find many similarities in the core beliefs between all of these pagans beliefs and Christianity.

Now when one studies the pagan religions of ancient Egypt, and that of the Greeks and Romans and all other pagan religions one will find that all of them are polytheists, believers in polytheism. None of them were monotheists nor did they believe in monotheism, this is why prophets were always sent throughout mankind's history, to teach the people about monotheism, as the Quran tells us:

YUSUFALI: We sent Noah to his people. He said: "O my people! worship Allah! ye have no other god but Him. I fear for you the punishment of a dreadful day!

YUSUFALI: To the 'Ad people, (We sent) Hud, one of their (own) brethren: He said: O my people! worship Allah! ye have no other god but Him will ye not fear (Allah)?"

YUSUFALI: To the Thamud people (We sent) Salih, one of their own brethren: He said: "O my people! worship Allah: ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (Sign) from your Lord! This she-camel of Allah is a Sign unto you: So leave her to graze in Allah's earth, and let her come to no harm, or ye shall be seized with a grievous punishment.

YUSUFALI: To the Madyan people We sent Shu'aib, one of their own brethren: he said: "O my people! worship Allah; Ye have no other god but Him. Now hath come unto you a clear (Sign) from your Lord! Give just measure and weight, nor withhold from the people the things that are their due; and do no mischief on the earth after it has been set in order: that will be best for you, if ye have Faith.

So prophets were sent throughout history to pagan societies to teach them about monotheism.

Ancient Egyptians had several God's, they included:

Horus

Isis

Mont

Sobek

The ancient pagan Greeks had several God's as well, they included:

Apollo

Ares

Hebe

Zeus

The Romans had several God's as well which included:

Flora

Hora

Cupid

Juno

So each pagan religion has a whole set of different gods, and each god has a specific role. Now when one looks at Christianity one will find the identical belief, which is that of the Trinity, where you have 3 gods:

The Father

The Son Jesus

The Holy Spirit

Notice the similarity with this and the other pagan religions which I was just quoting? Now off course Trinitarians will deny the Trinity it is three God's, but everyone knows trinity is in fact the worship of three gods no matter how you try to look at it, in fact several Christians even refuse the trinity and they themselves admit trinity is the worship of three gods! So you even have Christians who say the trinity is 3 gods!

And let us easily prove the trinity is three gods, the Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is also God, each of these deities is different than the other, the Father is not Jesus, and Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father and Jesus, and each one of these deities is God hence you have three gods! Easy!

Now it doesn't matter if Trinitarians view trinity as monotheism and not polytheism, we must look at trinity in a proper context, and when we do we see that it is 100% similar to the pagan religions of the past. Pagan religions had several gods and each god had a different specific role, the trinity has three persons, and each is divine, and each has a specific role, notice the similarity? So simply based on these very identical similarities one can easily say the concept of the trinity was borrowed and derived from the older and present pagan religions in the time of Paul and his followers.

I mean the fact that millions of Christians don't believe in the trinity and believe its polytheistic is the best testimony we could have to prove our information is correct!

Now another thing that is prevalent in pagan religions is that many of their gods were in fact human beings, basically the idea of a man-god. Many of the pagan beliefs also believed that certain of these humans who also happened to be god came down from the heavens. Examples include:

Krishna

Pharos of Egypt (mentioned in the Quran and the Old Testament)

Julius Caesar

Dido

We find this exact thing in Christianity with Jesus! The man-God, God coming in the form of a man, in the flesh, all of this is identical to pagan beliefs which came before Christianity!

So again we can confidently state that the Christian concept of Jesus being God in the flesh is a borrowed form of paganism.

There is more connections between the Christian beliefs and paganism, but that I shall keep for another article. So to summarize what we have:

1-Pagans believed in several gods each having different functions

2-Christians believe in 3 deities who each perform different function, and each deity is god leaving us with three Gods

3-Even millions of Christians reject the trinity and affirm it is paganism and polytheism

4-Several pagan gods were in fact humans, who were elevated to the status of divine

5-Christians believe in a human god as well

A lot of coincidences? You decide but I think you know the truth.

And Allah Knows Best!

http://muslim-responses.com/Paganism_and_Christianity/Paganism_and_Christianity_
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by Jenwitemi(m): 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2012
So is islam. Next! cool

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Paganism by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2012
WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO BE US embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I appreciate it but it would be better if you took a more[i] direct [/i] approach. . .
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by LagosShia: 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2012
Jenwitemi:

So is islam. Next! cool
keep wishing.

PAGAN 9JA:

WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO BE US embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I appreciate it but it would be better if you took a more[i] direct [/i] approach. . .
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by mopedfile: 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
Islam is as pagan as Christianity. Go through the article to expose the lies of islam...Monotheism is not a new idea muhammad the narcissist brought. He used it as a tool to satisfy his lust for power, women and wealth.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Pagan_Origins_of_Islam

Veneration of the Black-stone

The pagan gods of pre-Islamic Arabia were worshipped in the form of rectangular stones or rocks. For example, the pagan deity 'Al-Lat', mentioned in Qur'an 53:19, and believed by pre-Islamic pagans to be one of the daughters of Allah, was once venerated as a cubic rock at Ta'if in Saudi Arabia. An edifice was built over the rock to mark it apart as a house of worship.

Al-lat stood in al-Ta'if, and was more recent than Manah. She was a cubic rock beside which a certain Jew used to prepare his barley porridge (sawiq). Her custody was in the hands of the banu-'Attab ibn-Malik of the Thayif, who had built an edifice over her. [...]She is the idol which God mentioned when He said, "Have you seen Al-lat and al-'Uzza (Surah 53:19)?[2]
Kitab Al-Asnam (The Book of Idols), p 14

Praying 5 Times Towards Mecca

Pagans prior to Islam would pray five times per day towards Mecca.[4] Muhammad retained for Islam, this pre-Islamic practice, sanctioning it with a story of a night trip to heaven on a mythical beast called al-Buraq. In heaven, the Hadith tells us that Allah demanded 50 prayers per day per Muslim. Upon advice from Moses, Muhammed bargains with Allah and successfully reduces it to five prayers per day.

Zoroastrians are also expected to recite their (kusti) prayers at least five times a day having first cleansed themselves by washing (ablution). So even today, this is not a practice unique to Islam.[5] But, contrary to the Muslims, they pray in the direction of the Sun (at each time of the day) and/or of the Holy Fire (if they are in a Fire Temple).

Fasting on the 10th of Muharram

Muhammad's pagan tribe, the Quraish, fasted on the 10th of Muharram. Though optional, Muhammad retained this pagan practice too.
Narrated 'Aisha: 'Ashura' (i.e. the tenth of Muharram) was a day on which the tribe of Quraish used to fast in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance. The Prophet also used to fast on this day. So when he migrated to Medina, he fasted on it and ordered (the Muslims) to fast on it. When the fasting of Ramadan was enjoined, it became optional for the people to fast or not to fast on the day of Ashura.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:172

Tawaf between Safa and Marwa

Doing Tawaf between Safa and Marwa is an Islamic ritual associated with the pilgrimage to Mecca. Safa and Marwa are two mounts, located at Mecca. This ritual entails Muslims walking frantically between the two mounts, seven times. This was originally a pagan pre-Islamic practice. Muhammad retained it for Islam, sanctioning it with yet another Qur'anic revelation.[7]
Narrated 'Asim: I asked Anas bin Malik: "Did you use to dislike to perform Tawaf between Safa and Marwa?" He said, "Yes, as it was of the ceremonies of the days of the Pre-lslamic period of ignorance, till Allah revealed: 'Verily! (The two mountains) As-Safa and Al-Marwa are among the symbols of Allah. It is therefore no sin for him who performs the pilgrimage to the Ka'ba, or performs 'Umra, to perform Tawaf between them.' " (2.158)
Sahih Bukhari 2:26:710

5 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Paganism by mopedfile: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
LagosShia: in fact several Christians even refuse the trinity and they themselves admit trinity is the worship of three gods! So you even have Christians who say the trinity is 3 gods!

And let us easily prove the trinity is three gods, the Father is God, Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is also God, each of these deities is different than the other, the Father is not Jesus, and Jesus is not the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father and Jesus, and each one of these deities is God hence you have three gods! Easy!

SO this muslim agrees that christian trinity consists of "father, son and holy ghost".

Now the question is whether in quran anywhere there is mention of trinity? Answer is obvious yes...This is very clear from the quran verses 4:17 and the verse quoted below.

[Shakir 5:73] Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one Allah, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve.
[Pickthal 5:73] They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no Allah save the One Allah. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.
[Yusufali 5:73] They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.

Now does quran mention the other two members as per christian belief....answer is yes again...

[Shakir 5:75] The Messiah, son of Marium is but a messenger; messengers before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away.
[Pickthal 5:75] The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away!
[Yusufali 5:75] Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

[Shakir 5:116] And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.
[Pickthal 5:116] And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden?
[Yusufali 5:116] And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

The quoted verse 5:116 clearly mentions not to take mary and jesus as two gods besides allah. In verse 5:73 it clearly says that do not take allah as one-third of the three. In 5:75 it clearly says that jesus and mary ate Earthly food to imply that mary and jesus are earthly created beings. I rest the case.

So much for allah and his prophet who could not even identify the third member of trinity according to christian belief correctly as s holy spirit. Even a 3rd grade student knows better than ignoramuses allah and his prophet.

This is clear proof that islam is a big arabic lies which muhammad used as a tool to spread and satisfy his lust for women, wealth and power. No wonder there are so many rape*s and sex slaves all over quran. Islam is a filthy third grade religion fit for rapists, genocidal maniacs and thieves. More is yet to come.

I challenge muslims to produce one verse where it says holy spirit is a third member of trinity besides allah from quran. I will eat my own words.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Paganism by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
Christianity as instituted by the church of Rome aka catholic church and many of her daughters is pagan, but the truth is Islam is just as pagan , if not more so.

End of the day , there is only one way and that is through Jesus the Christi , who is the WAY, TRUTH and LIFE to the FATHER Yahweh.

All other ways have been initiated by thieves and robbers.

Stop this pot kettle calling pot black business. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Paganism by mopedfile: 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
frosbel: Christianity as instituted by the church of Rome aka catholic church and many of her daughters is pagan, but the truth is Islam is just as pagan , if not more so.

agreed... grin

frosbel: End of the day , there is only one way and that is through Jesus the Christi , who is the WAY, TRUTH and LIFE to the FATHER Yahweh.

cheesy very funny indeed....This mad triune god gives birth to himself through a "virgin underaged unmarried girl (for some unknown reason)" and gets himself tortured to death in order to convince himself (being the sole judge) to forgive his own creation. Bwahahaha...I am so convinced about this "only way" religions... grin

frosbel: All other ways have been initiated by thieves and robbers.

shocked I did not know Buddha or Mahavir were thieves, unless Christianity has some weird definition for these terms... cool

frosbel: Stop this pot kettle calling pot black business. cheesy

shocked Do you see the irony in this? grin
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
mopedfile:

cheesy very funny indeed....This mad triune god gives birth to himself through a "virgin underaged unmarried girl (for some unknown reason)" and gets himself tortured to death in order to convince himself (being the sole judge) to forgive his own creation. Bwahahaha...I am so convinced about this "only way" religions... grin

Well, I do not believe in a mad triune god, he must be a figment of your imagination ! smiley

shocked I did not know Buddha or Mahavir were thieves, unless Christianity has some weird definition for these terms... cool

Is that your assumption !

shocked Do you see the irony in this? grin

depends !
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by plappville(f): 4:49am On Jun 04, 2013
[Shakir 5:75] The Messiah, son of Marium is but a messenger; messengers before him have indeed passed away; and his mother was a truthful woman; they both used to eat food. See how We make the communications clear to them, then behold, how they are turned away. [Pickthal 5:75] The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away! [Yusufali 5:75] Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

[Shakir 5:116] And when Allah will say: O Isa son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things. [Pickthal 5:116] And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden? [Yusufali 5:116] And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thin

@lagoShian, how come you kept blind eyes to these? Allah and his prophet were confused?
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by plappville(f): 4:57am On Jun 04, 2013
The bible is clear enough, hence there is no mention of three Gods in the bible,, every interpretation that creats triume god is a false teaching/doctrine. Jesus said. No one can see God, except through him. Jesus himself told us he has a God. He didn't say he was God. So I believe Trinitarians and Islam are the Paganism in this picture.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Paganism by mopedfile: 7:22am On Jun 04, 2013
frosbel: Well, I do not believe in a mad triune god, he must be a figment of your imagination ! smiley

I stand corrected grin

you must be one of those funny "variety" christians who believe in a flying zombie jesus returning to create more zombies on judgment day by the power of four lettered father gawd grin

Now this must be very real and not an imagination cheesy

frosbel: Is that your assumption !
shocked
as·sump·tion /əˈsəm(p)SHən/ Noun

A thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof:

Does resurrection ring a bell? grin

frosbel: depends !

Exactly ain't this ironical? cheesy

Some funny babble quotes..

“If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces shocked grin, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.” (Malachi 2:2-3)

gawd gives example of the Satanic threats of curses He seems to enjoy. What should one think of a God that would smear feces upon the faces of his creations? Such vulgarity cheesy
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by peterphd(m): 7:36am On Jun 04, 2013
I don't know why y'all religious folks keep deceiving yourselves.If there's a God, he isn't Muslim,Christian,Hindu,Buddhist or whatever.The only way we can move forward is not by praying to all these gods but by being united but alas,it can't happen as we are blinded by books authored by goat herders and oh did I forget that these books prohibit the forming of a "one government world"?
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2013
Welcome Mopedfile. I think this is one atheist (I am assuming u are) who is gonna give these theists a run for their money. Logicboy03, Muskeeto , ooman and co are gonna love having u around. And this deist is just gonna sit back and watch everything unfold.
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2013
peterphd: I don't know why y'all religious folks keep deceiving yourselves.If there's a God, he isn't Muslim,Christian,Hindu,Buddhist or whatever.The only way we can move forward is not by praying to all these gods but by being united but alas,it can't happen as we are blinded by books authored by goat herders and oh did I forget that these books prohibit the forming of a "one government world"?

You dont get it do you? undecided

its not about what religion the Gods belong to, its about the concept of viewing the Gods and their characteristics.
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by peterphd(m): 7:35pm On Jun 04, 2013
@pagan

I know I'm derailing the thread...sort of.I'm just trying to say that they'll just keep going on and on with the argument
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2013
peterphd: @pagan

I know I'm derailing the thread...sort of.I'm just trying to say that they'll just keep going on and on with the argument

yeah true. but dont worry. these arguments are not for their benifit. it is for our silent viewers benifit. wink
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2013
My friend how u dey? Immediately i saw this post, i knew it was u. Take care and JESUS Loves you :-). You seem to have followers and like minds by the way :-)
Re: Christianity Is Paganism by willsmike1: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
If you dont stop saying rubis about your maker, you will live to regret life after now in hell.thank God you are refering to christians and not believes else you would have seen the real power of the gospel of christ Jesus. Be ware heaven and hell are real

(1) (Reply)

Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? / Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus! / 1500 Years Old Bible Claims Jesus Was Never Crucified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.