Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour (12107 Views)

Apc Verse Pdp...fuel Subsidy War / COMMENCEMENT OF NUPENG-PENGASSAN INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM MONDAY 15TH DEC. 2014!!! / Fuel Or Fraud Subsidy War, Nigeria Loses N2trn In Six Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by eghost247(m): 1:09pm On Jan 14, 2012
thought this was the mother of all strikes anyway
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by ceejayluv(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2012
Interesting, FG should not budge yet untill NASS , State govs announce their cost-cutting measures. If they revert now and people relax, it will be back to sleaze as usual.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by babestella: 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2012
People should and must stop bringing the issue of cabal here, Nigerians have no business with cabals, by the way, who has the legal frame work to investigate and prosecute offenders? Let us face facts here, the 2012 budget proposal alone is enough for people to take to streets, how much more policies to further impoverish Nigerians, if we all gonna die for this now, so be it, if not, the govt must respect the people who put them there. Nigerians are not to be taken for granted any more, enough is enough, cabal or no cabal, sponsors or no sponsors.

Ordinarily, if this is a country where things work, there should be an impeachment notice on Jonathan now, but we have all allowed sentiments to over ride our sense of reasoning and we thinking we are living. We must learn to do things right and I think it is a good step Nigerians have taken for once in their life time we are asking for accountability from our government official and even the president himself. No man is bigger than the collective interest of at least 75% of Nigerians which is majority here.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by eherbal(m): 1:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
duality:

the majority are most times always wrong.

i don't envy the president at this time. because many nigerians do not really know what the president just did. for those who can see. it is the boldest confrontation on an evil statues quo. even if tunde bakary is the president of nigeria. believe me, he does not have what it takes to fight oil war. he may die mysteriously because of it. oil issues is not economics. its bigger than the country, its corruption, its evil. the man on the street just cant understand it. people just talk anyhow. coz they don't know any thing. those who know whats happening don't talk. can any of these guys speaking english on television and writing essay on the internet and news media confront the bad guys controlling the world oil? the answer is no. the presedent is in a big situation now that all the protest on the streets put together is nothing compared to it. he may have to make a huge sacrifice if this does not scale thru. what does the man on the street and the one behind the computer know, NOTHING. and its really unfortunate.
tis now obvious how depleted your brain has become.look @ yourself glorifying mortals.Are the so called canibals,sorry cabals more than us Nigerians?tis your daddy that knows nothing.Nigerians are exceptionally gifted and enlightened people.Because we've refused to keep quiet All this while,conclusively connote our ignorance.I.T I.S Y.O.U,who is blind,I.D.I.O.T!imagine,saying majority cannot be right.Robeast.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by MMJ(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
Nigerians are now protesting against corruption, not only subsidy. Dont you get it? Check budget 2012 and you will be amazed at what our so-called leaders budgeted for themselves while they clamour for subsidy removal. This is revolution in the making!!!
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Orikinla(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
Removing the fuel subsidy on petrol on a public holiday, even before the approval and implementation of 2012 Budget is an act of cowardice by President Goodluck Jonathan to distract the public from his woeful inability to tackle the spate of terrorist attacks by the Boko Haram Islamic sect and other lawless groups of the lunatic fringe threatening the unity of our sovereignty. Any dummy would have known this since he declared the state of emergency in some local governments instead of the entire states of Plateau, Niger and Borno on New Year's Eve and suddenly removed the fuel subsidy on petrol on New Year's Day. Only a fool would have done that, because the Boko Haram and other terrorists found enough loopholes in the chaos to even circulate and distribute their foot soldiers during the protests. As the security forces turned their attention to rampant protests all over the states, Boko Haram and the agents had the chance for more infiltrations and even went as far as the western states of Nigeria. Anyone commending President Goodluck Jonathan for having the balls to confront the cabal of the oil cartel by removing the subsidy on petrol is an IGNORANT FOOL and I-D-I-O-T! President Goodluck Jonathan and his political godfathers are the ones who licensed members of the so called cabal. Removing the fuel subsidy on petrol only makes them more powerful and richer since they can still continue with their round tripping and illegal oil bunkering and now sell petrol at inflated prices. The cabal in charge of the NNPC also sells the locally refined petrol at the same price as the imported petrol and the powerless consumers are too ignorant to ask questions. What is killing the Nigerian masses is not CORRUPTION, but IGNORANCE. The solution is to arrest President Goodluck Jonathan, former president, Chief. Olusegun Obasanjo, former head of state, retired General Ibrahim Badamasi Babaginda, and all the oil marketers who shared the billions of dollars spent on fuel subsidy since the regime of IBB to date and put them on trial for the gross misappropriation of public funds. Anyone found guilty should be jailed for 10 years without any PLEA BARGAIN. Anything else outside this is NONSENSE. If you want to get more facts, go and read my latest book "In The House of Dogs". The Kindle edition is published and distributed by Amazon.com. Until we have a leader who is brave enough to do this like Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana, corruption, hypocrisy and ignorance will continue to plague Nigeria. Only a total revolution can end corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by silibaba: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
count ibos out by Monday!!!! sad sad

let #occupyBOKHAM first. undecided undecided wink wink

hausas are there hunting on Ibo and Yoruba are keeping quite shey! undecided undecided

from money every Ibo must go back to their duty post. angry angry

Yoruba and Hausa leave our oil for us to manage.
angry angry angry angry
THE LATE IKEMBA OF NNEWI OJUKWU (R.I.P)FORESAW ALL THIS NONSENSE AND WENT INTO WAR. NOW IS ALL REPEATING ITSELF AGAIN. cry cry cry cry cry(MARSACRE)

AM NOT A NIGERIA ANYMORE. I BE BIAFRA ONWARD. cheesy cheesy cheesy

well, by 2015, when the dust finally settled we go know whether Nigeria go exist or not.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by gentleoyink: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2012
People should be thanking GEJ for stimulating Nigerians with the removal of subsidy, to come out en masse for a purpose (Sanusi tried it last year when he brought to our attention the huge cost of maintaining our NAS, una no gree get up strike, boko haram una still si don nai GEJ drop this one people dey vex dey curse only him). Remember he promised to fight corruption, and he cannot do it without all of us. If only we could channel this energy against the very ones milking us and dry. If I could control this strike, it will not be against GEJ himself, but mainly against State Governors and LG Chairmen, not also forgeting the National Assembly. It was easy for them to pass a resolution demanding the return to N65 per litre so that incase this strike turns to a full fledged revolution, they will be among the 'masses' favourites. They have remained deaf to the cry of how what they earn as salary and other allowances affects the nation negatively. Yes I said negatively. A pro 'masses' NAS would have offered to take a pay cut of about 60percent, knowing fully well that GEJ cannot touch their salary without thier approval (it is unconstitutional) and since Govt. Has said they was no money to carryout certain projects, that would have helped a little. I say all this not considering any political party. They were all present in the House when a motion was moved to investigate the fraud in the oil sector. The bill was killed on arrival, not even a seconder. And here is NLC president quoting and praising them. 'masses' because I am not part of the masses. The masses will always complain, so I have made up my mind to always be the other side instead of complaining.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by vanunu: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2012
NLC and TUC are only misleading uniformed Nigerians, You don't subsidies consumption, but production.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 2:39pm On Jan 14, 2012
vanunu:

NLC and TUC are only misleading uniformed Nigerians, You don't subsidies consumption, but production.

yes, UNIFORMED NIGERIANS are being misled. I sha hope you know that it's our armed forces you are talking about.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by vitality22(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

yes, [b][b][b]UNIFORMED NIGERIANS[/b][/b][/b] are being misled. I sha hope you know that it's our armed forces you are talking about.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by AjCityOne: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2012
@silibaba, since when did you start getting delusional to think that oil belongs to the Igbo people. No one is saying that killing of Igbo is a good but I hope you do not except the Yoruba's to go out there and protect the Igbo's. You guys are strong people and you can protect your self.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
silibaba:

count ibos out by Monday!!!! sad sad

let #occupyBOKHAM first. undecided undecided wink wink

hausas are there hunting on Ibo and Yoruba are keeping quite shey! undecided undecided

from money every Ibo must go back to their duty post. angry angry

Yoruba and Hausa leave our oil for us to manage.
angry angry angry angry
THE LATE IKEMBA OF NNEWI OJUKWU (R.I.P)FORESAW ALL THIS NONSENSE AND WENT INTO WAR. NOW IS ALL REPEATING ITSELF AGAIN. cry cry cry cry cry(MARSACRE)

AM NOT A NIGERIA ANYMORE. I BE BIAFRA ONWARD. cheesy cheesy cheesy

well, by 2015, when the dust finally settled we go know whether Nigeria go exist or not.

how may stick of jamaican vegetable do you take before comming here to post? angry
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by akyus(m): 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
vanunu:

I can see you're busy quoting Sanusi, the CBN governor. You did not even take your time to read the post. Anyway, I don't know which continent you writing from but as I respect your opinion concerning the issue on ground, I must tell you the Nigerians I see on the street are not uninformed.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Eltonluigi(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2012
Let's #OccupyAsoRock
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by us4naija: 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2012
If anyone takes time out to read the manifesto of the NLC, they should not be leading a strike against oil subsidy, If anything they can strike to demand an increase in minimum wage, or better worker rights, dealing with oil subsidy is out of their scope, Something just doesnt align correctly, Any organization (NLC) that was initially broken by its president (IBB) now there are agreement years down the line doesnt make sense, read your history people, All labor people who have the petrol price restored ur life is going back to status quo, This is great opportunity to ask for what you really want, tell me protestors, what do u really want? Is it N65 petrol or more opportunities for better paying jobs, is it N65 petrol or an end to corruption, is N65N or beeter road network grid, is 65N petrol or constant power supply, U guys are asking for peanuts NLC isny negotiating on ur behalf,
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by gbrandy: 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2012
@duality. Thank you for that comment. what a man does not know is bigger than him. The Issue we are facing @ the  moment in Nigeria is a very complex one. The president is up against forces and corrupt established strongholds. Oil matter is a serious matter any where in the world, democratic nations whose main revenue come from oil  have all had to battle against these cabals. some countries like some in the Arab world who succumb to supremacy of the elites (kings) e.g Dubai, Saudi etc. sort of have relative peace because the people have given up to the power that be.

Nigerian oil pricing, allocation and revenue sharing is a matter that all democratically elected presidents will have to contend with as long as oil remain the main source of income, except such president will have some residaul military influence like Obansanjo to suppress ( which is undemocratic) to achieve results such as that of the arabs, it is in reality a difficult issue to deal with. Goodluck is trying to be different, do what in the long term some few deep thinkers will say is bold move. My concern is the approach and the cohorts like the overzealous  Petroleum Minister Diezani.

The subsidy should not be there in the first place, it is only increasing avenue for NNPC bosses to steal public funds. We only have to read the KPMG forensic report on NNPC to have a little idea of what I call the 'stronghold'. why should we swap crude for refined PMS?, how do we account for the swapped crude and the returned refined products?, how can Ivory Coast maintain a refinery and refine for Nigeria and Nigeria cannot bring theirs up to scratch?, Who are these importers of refined PMS and how are they prequalified for the contract award? How do NNPC settle the federal account (remittance), what exchange rate do they use? NNPC keep record on excel spread sheet, and obtain exchange rate by telephone from CBN with which they remit money to Federation account. can you imagine!!

NNPC calculate and apply subsidy on behalf of the states and federal govt and remit what they deem fit irrespective of what is approved or projected. Jonathan will have to start some where to do the right thing. He has to close all these siphoning loop holes, now that is  serious war for him like we are experiecing now. In 2012 budget I learn no room for subsidy, that is good. next stage is to clean up NNPC and get our refineries working. In full capacity the three refineries and some proposed private refineries can meet domestic needs. we will buy fuel for even less than N65/litre if we allow this subsidy thing to go away for good, so that the atrocities and inefficiency of NNPC can be exposed and we will all know know who to blame. They use subsidy to gather billions of dollars and cover up their inefficiency. If we can apply 'public use' allocation of crude properly, refine it in Nigeria and sell to recover cost of production and refining, we will only have to pay N40/litre for petrol but fellow Nigerians that will not happen if we continue in subsidy.

There has to be disorder before order. I pray may that be Nigeria's case in this matter. Sorry I did not mean to be the devil's advocate.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by babeface3: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2012
They should leave leave us alone. I have an exam in Europe, cant pick ma passport, cant buy ticket, deadline almost here. school not listening to excuses via mail.

PLEASE, UMAR, GIVE US A BREATHING SPACE.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Favben(m): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2012
Do they know what they are saying? and does the average nigerian that is screaming mother of all strikes on monday know what's involved. If pengassan goes on strike, gas supply to our power stations will be gone i guess and OH,WHAT A BLACKOUT
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by kizito96(m): 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2012
Lets wait and see
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by hackney(m): 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
I hope that the next wave of strikes paralyses the govt totally.
I also hope that there will be vigilante groups monitoring politilootians who are trying to abscond and kill them.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Dynamite98: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2012
babeface3:

They should leave leave us alone. I have an exam in Europe, cant pick ma passport, cant buy ticket, deadline almost here. school not listening to excuses via mail.

PLEASE, UMAR, GIVE US A BREATHING SPACE.

Sorry sir, tell that to your leaders, and not the masses fighting for their right that has long being taken from them. Is it a curse to be born a Nigerian? You are going to Europe, what about those who can't afford it cos of CORRUPT govt? Leave Umar alone and face your Corrupt leaders.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Limaoscar: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2012
I begi, as if we don't know that is NLC IGG strategy.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by fbApps: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2012
Allocate 40-50 gallon per month direct to registered drivers per month,  meaning,  you pay the N145 per liter and goverment pay the balance of N80 to you each month.

Business drivers 80-100 gallons per month.

1 US gallon = 3.785411784 liters

If there is corruption perpetrated by International marketers, then just give the subsidy directly to registered drivers per month.

Average Price : N145/liter x40gallons per month= N21924 (3.78 liter x N145=N548/gallon x 40 gallon per month)
Driver will still pay N65 per liter x 3.78 x 40gallons= N9828 per month.
Goverment pay the rest in subsidy of N12096 per month as voucher cashable anywhere in Nigeria.

Corruption problem solved. If you are caught collecting subsidy without a registered car, then you go to jail. Maximum is 2 cars per household per address. Plus you must submit a fingerprint to qualify +your registered vehicle particulars.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2012
[img][/img]

Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by wamby(m): 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2012
NLC SHUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING IN THE COUNTRY ALL IN THE NAME OF STRIKE IS MADNESS, SHUTTING DOWN NEPA AND THE WHOLE COMMUNICATIONS IS BULLSHIT, HOW DO WE FOLLOW UP THE STRIKE, FRUSTRATE FGN WIA IT HURTS AND NOT NIGERIANS, COS DZ MIGHT TAKE ANOTHER DIMENSION COS THE COUNTRY IS ON THE VERGE OF DISINTEGRATING, ,
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Olumogun: 11:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
I read through this and I find out that some Nigerians are direct enemies of the nation, if we do not do this now, then our children will come to meet the mess and will have to either face or fight it all over.
Lets ask some questions,

1. WHY MUST NIGERIA BE EXPORTING CRUDE OIL ONLY TO BUY BACK THE REFINED PRODUCT  (AT A HIGHER PRICE)?
2. HOW MUCH CRUDE OIL DO THEY EXPORT FROM NIGER REPUBLIC, YET THEY BUILT A WORLD CLASS REFINERY ALREADY, I BELIEVE TO GET THEIR CRUDE FROM NIGERIA?
3. HOW COME N200 Mil DURING OBASANJO REGIME BECAME N500Mil DURING YA'DUA REGIME, AND NOW N1.2Tril IN JONATHAN'S REGIME?
4. THE PRESIDENT OF THE NATION IS SUPOSED TO BE THE C-in-C OF THE COUNTRY, HOW COME A CABAL IS TOO MUCH TO BE HANDLED BY THE PRESIDENT?
5. IF THE FEDERAL GOVT SAYS THEY CAN NOT BE PAYING THE CABAL THE SUBSIDY MONEY AGAIN, WHY MUST A SENSITIVE GOVT TRANSFER THAT BURDEN TO HER IMPOVERISH CITIZEN? OR WHO WILL BE COLLECTING THE EXTRA N75? THE GOVT OR THE CABAL?
6. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT(S) OF THE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY ON DIESEL AND KEROSENE SO FAR?
7. CAN'T ANYBODY SEE HOW MANY THINGS WE ARE LOOSING FOR GOING OUT TO REFINE OUR CRUDE-OIL? THERE ARE SEVERAL OTHER PETRO-CHEMICALS THAT ARE FAR MORE COSTLY THAN PETROL, DIESEL, OR KEROSENE THAT COMES AS BY PRODUCT OF CRUDE OIL.
8. WHEN WILL OUR SLAVERY STOP ON WHAT RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO US?

CORRUPTION MUST STOP
THE COST OF RUNNING THE GOVT MUST BE HALVED
THE CABAL MUST BE EXPOSED AND BROUGHT TO BOOK
OUR REFINERY MUST WORK
PETROL AND OTHER PETROL-CHEMICALS MUST COME OUT CHEAPER.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by siaco(m): 5:08am On Jan 15, 2012
Mother of all strike my foot, I c that Omar n Esele has n reputable job.
Re: Subsidy War: Expect Mother Of All Strikes From Monday –– Labour by Obalende: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
@everyone
Do you know if the strike has been called off?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Application For Trial In Nigeria / LASG Promises To Deliver Opebi-Ojota Link Bridge Project In June 2023 / Pdp Should Not Be Reduced To A Regional Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.