Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? (1711 Views)

Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2012
Maybe it's the dearth of threads or the pollution of the religion section with so many muslin threads that's making the section look so boring to me. Anyways to fresh or neglected issues to talk about.
I don't regard T.B Josh as a true prophet of God, i think he's an hypocrite. But why does he seem to accurate fit Jesus' description of an hypocrite in the passage below? Please, maybe those his fans here can correct him, thanks.

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. " (Matthew 6:1,2).
Does he not want a reward from God, or is God not truly his Father?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Joagbaje(m): 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2012
God is not against public giving , he is only against wrong motive and intention of giving. Givings in the bible were not done in secret.

If you give and you use he testimony as an example to inspire others ,it's very okay. But if you give o as to receive praise of men, then, the praise you get is ll the toward you will ever get, there will be no spiritual blessing. That was what Jesus was talking about.

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 8:17pm On Jan 14, 2012
^
The clause is 'to be seen of them'. Don't do your alms 'to be seen of them'. It seems T.B Does his alms to be seen of them. The camera has to be there, it has to get to T.V
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by bridget36: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2013
1 like discoment about tb joshua
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by knightride: 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
@ OP. Please have you ever seen TBJ giving out things and being shown on NTA, AIT, CHANNELS and any other media you can think of? I'm sure your answer is NO!
So, what about the pastors that do their giving and invite the press so as to be seen on public media?
Moreover, giving on Emmanuel TV is not a function of TBJ alone, but also of Emmanuel TV partners all over the world, and I think that is just one way of being accountable and getting others motivated towards giving. There are many missionaries that do the same all over the world, yet you don't see anything wrong with them. But you are quick to judge TBJ.
I also want you to know that there are rules guiding charity works. and I'm afraid charity today may not be as secretive as you think, as authorities would like to know the giver of items like food (in case of mishaps like food poisoning).
Anyway, Emmanuel TV is optional. You may decide to delete it from your decoder if you think his acts are "unscriptural". Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by akaazua(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
Prophet T. B. Joshua, is helping a lot of people and it is good; It is biblical to do good. He should however stop telling the whole world of the good he is doing; otherwise he will continue to receive the glory he has been receiving all these years from men.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by akaazua(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Joagbaje: God is not against public giving , he is only against wrong motive and intention of giving. Givings in the bible were not done in secret.

If you give and you use he testimony as an example to inspire others ,it's very okay. But if you give o as to receive praise of men, then, the praise you get is ll the toward you will ever get, there will be no spiritual blessing. That was what Jesus was talking about.

God may not be against public giving, but when it becomes so public that it is televised to the whole world is it still good? What is the motive for this my brother. I hear people giving him his glory every time. It is good to do good but not seeking the praise of man.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
knightride: @ OP. Please have you ever seen TBJ giving out things and being shown on NTA, AIT, CHANNELS and any other media you can think of? I'm sure your answer is NO!
So, what about the pastors that do their giving and invite the press so as to be seen on public media?
Moreover, giving on Emmanuel TV is not a function of TBJ alone, but also of Emmanuel TV partners all over the world, and I think that is just one way of being accountable and getting others motivated towards giving. There are many missionaries that do the same all over the world, yet you don't see anything wrong with them. But you are quick to judge TBJ.
I also want you to know that there are rules guiding charity works. and I'm afraid charity today may not be as secretive as you think, as authorities would like to know the giver of items like food (in case of mishaps like food poisoning).
Anyway, Emmanuel TV is optional. You may decide to delete it from your decoder if you think his acts are "unscriptural". Thank you.
Its not about his TV station. i don't watch his TV station. I've seen him on TV doing this before, that was before the government stopped the different churches from airing most of their programmes. The point is not about the station he shows it i never mentioned any station, i mentioned the words of Jesus Christ. Is the front of synagogue or wherever he gives out his gifts not in front of men? Is emmanuelTV not men? He should take to simple and clear correction except of course Jesus is not his Lord.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Joagbaje(m): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
Like somebody said earlier, it's about accountability and to inspire . The money he use are from partners all around the world . It's biblical

Romans 12:17
. . .Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
Joagbaje: Like somebody said earlier, it's about accountability and to inspire . The money he use are from partners all around the world . It's biblical

. . .Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Indeed. Why is he not declaring his account and telling us how he spends all so that he can provide honesty in sight of all men? Why was he going on national television to tell all of us that he helps the poor? Is that the way to provide things honest? Is that what you do or are you disobeying that interpretation? Is your church disobeying?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Joagbaje(m): 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2013
Image123:
Indeed. Why is he not declaring his account and telling us how he spends all so that he can provide honesty in sight of all men? Why was he going on national television to tell all of us that he helps the poor? Is that the way to provide things honest?

What other explanation do u need here. The videos shows what he does .period . Is he supposed to publish bank transaction on tv?

Is that what you do or are you disobeying that interpretation? Is your church disobeying?

Stop getting personal .we have our station and we publish to our partners what we do around the world
Besides There are several christian ministries who do charity works all over the world and publish them . Such as MERCY SHIP. why dwelling on tb Joshua case
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
Joagbaje:

What other explanation do u need here. The videos shows what he does .period . Is he supposed to publish bank transaction on tv?

Stop getting personal .we have our station and we publish to our partners what we do around the world
Besides There are several christian ministries who do charity works all over the world and publish them . Such as MERCY SHIP. why dwelling on tb Joshua case
He can publish it in the dailies or on the internet. Is he not the one who wants to provide things honest in sight of all men according to you? He is our case study and closer to home. He is the one being hailed on NL as the charity man. Answer my simple questions joor, which one be personal, don't you practice what you preach?
. . .Provide things honest in the sight of all men. ANSWER OH
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Joagbaje(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2013
Telling others what you do is not wrong . It can only be wrong if it's done for the praise of men. And it's only God who can see or judge that

What do you say about paul announcing his labour in the lord!?
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Yeahmee: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2013
The motive of showing his "giving" on TV is glaring for the sincere man. If u really want to be accountable, let ur accountant and auditors publish your statement of account. Its so vague, trying to measure the donations by Emmanuel TV partner with the bags of rice, let things be done properly and in order.
As we have many preachers who believe accountability is show-off on TV, we have many more Christians who donate anonymously.
Besides, who pays the piper dictates the tune, love world TV to pastor chris and Emmanuel TV to tb.Joshua.
And besides, giving such large amount of cash is illegal in developed countries, or what is money laundering
Re: Prophet T.b Joshua Versus Matthew 6v1,2? Really? by Image123(m): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
Joagbaje: Telling others what you do is not wrong . It can only be wrong if it's done for the praise of men. And it's only God who can see or judge that

What do you say about paul announcing his labour in the lord!?
seems you have forgotten the OP, kindly re read.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus The Only Way To Heaven / STOP RE-BRANDING MASTURBATION It's A Sin & Displeases God / Coven: Come In, If You Have Been There.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.