Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. (8428 Views)

Please Help Me, My Brain Is Confused / Doctors..please Help, My Brain Doesnt Sleep When I Do / Is My Brain Malfunctioning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by lifestyle1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2012
Sir, I have a solution to your problem, I was suffering from this problem too but I thank God I was delivered. grin
I went to a doctor to get some sleeping drugs but he advised me not to get addicted to sleeping drugs.  sad  And warned me on the implication and side effect of sleeping drugs.

Although he gave me a pack to satisfy my drive but surprisingly I used just two tablet out of the the whole pack and ever since then I have gotten over the problem  smiley. Please Note: It wasn't the sleeping drugs that delivered/cured me but my mind and my method. I decided to stop thinking and started acting.

When I told the doctor that i think a lot  while on bed, that sometimes it takes me 3 hours before i fall asleep the first question he asked me was that if I was heart broken by a girl, he emphasized that a girl came to him with similar problem crying that she couldn't stop thinking about the guy who dump her. sad

He jokingly offered to match both of us together but he was surprised when i told him i don't have a girl friend that all i think of  every night is Money, i think of how to make millions, i think about new ideas and how to become successful in life. Then he asked me of my age and i told him 26 then he advised me to take things easy that i still have time to be whatever i wanna be. smiley That where i am today some of my mates are wishing to be there,

Time was my fear, i was scared that time was not on my side, I gave my self a target to make some amount of millions within 10 years and ever since then, I wont stop thinking on how to meet this target and it got out of hand. Your dreams are your imaginations, you think about many things and you dream about them all night.

Quitting browsing won't cure your problem, It will worsen the situation because you will start thinking and dreaming about browsing  as a matter of fact i browse for like 10 hours almost every day for <blink>FREE</blink>  grin and soon as i lye on my bed i fall asleep within 20 minutes. wink my target is 5 minutes  cheesy

Finally Sir, i was able to overcome this problem by closing my eyes and looking at my noise  grin This method works for me like charm, most importantly stop thinking while you are on bed! Good-luck. The method sound folish but it worked for me.

I hope this is helpful ? Note, this is a true life story that happened to me and not a theory from any book.
you can mail me for any question on life_style32@yahoo.com
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2012
*dhtml:

morderforker, is that what you should be telling the poor guy?

[s]@op, try pouring cold water on your head every night. . .and putting your feet in warm water at the same time.[/s]

I'm only trying to help the poor guy.igbo is the only thing that can solve his 3-in-1 problem.
Finland:

would u give the same advise to your younger brother? humpty dumpty  grin

Brother doesnt have sleepless night but if he does,i will advice him to smoke it. grin
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Petersideman(m): 7:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
i recommend u bn born again first nd chck for any winners chapel church arnd u nd i knw dat ur story wud nt be d same afta dat visitation,here is my no if u nd help 08164207312 am peterside
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by tEsLim(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
Your brain shouldn't shut down at night. THis is a very dangeorus situation I've seen on Discovery channel. Anbody that his brain shuts down at night will die in minutes. It doesn't shut down it goes into a state that I can call 'screensaver' mode or safe mode. If it shuts down na pai be that
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by naijajive(f): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2012
Do you drink?
A bottle of Alomo topped with a smoke of weed,
Trust me you will have the best sleep in a long time, You will forget when u fall asleep and you may wake up two days later. It's a nice way to unwind!
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by felifeli: 8:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is a bigger problem than most of you making replies seem to understand and it could seriously lead to psychiatric condition. I used to have this years ago and it was caused by drinks with high caffeine and smoking. Stop drinking coke, energy drinks and coffee . If you are smoking this is time to stop. Create habit of drinking a lot of water and milk.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Bencochris: 8:31pm On Jan 17, 2012
Go for medical check up, to knw if u have typhoid fever
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by SisiKill1: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2012
D sage:

@sisi kill,tanxs for d info,i'm haven sleepness nit since 5days ago,d cause is dat i was always fear abt d condition of my health.Actually,i had,swoolen joint&pains in d knee,ankle&foot as well as lower back pain since few month ago wch i ve been using drugs but sti not relif me completly.D worst part of it's dat,i went for HIV test dis morning,although i didnt had unprotected sex or share sharp object wit pple but i did so out of fear of my condition.I was told to come and collect d result on fride but since moning fear has grip my mind to d extent dat i loss appetite,cant concentrate,high BP, heart beat etc.Dnt kno how to cool my sef down/sleep,pls help abt wat to do.

Oh my freaking God!!! (errr. . . Okay, I probably shouldn't have exclaimed like that considering the cause of your insomnia is fear and anxiety. .  cheesy)

Dude, why you have insomnia is not a mystery at all at all. . . You are STRESSED OUT!! Seriously, read your posts again and you will see why your mind can't shut off. . .

Pain + Fear + Anxiety =  Sleep Killers.  

You need to calm down. . .I'm a bit rusty with my bible quotes but I do recall a verse in the Bible asking if worrying over something ever changed it? (Someone help me out here  tongue ).

You've caught yourself in vicious circle. . .

First Phase - Started because of your pains. Your anxiety over the pains . . you stay awake wondering if the pain is a symptoms of a serious illness, then you think What if it can't be cured. What will you do? If it can be cure, will you be able to afford it? What if this. . ? What if that. . .? and on and on the thoughts spin, with each one graver than the last.(Hey, have you noticed how larger than life our problems seems at night)

Anyway, the next morning, you are very tired and your braining is racing with nervous thoughts about the serious illness your mind has convinced you you have and the many terrible things that can happen. Now in addition to the pains, you have added anxiety.

After a few nights of that first phase and you start dreading night time. So the anxiety for that one sets in, now you have Pain, anxiety over pain which has led to not sleeping, which has now given birth to anxiety over not being able to sleep and this leads to lack of sleep.

Each passing night you don't sleep, your anxiety increases and on and on it goes. . .it is now officially a vicious circle.

The first step to breaking this loop to first understand what is happening to you. . .nothing kills fear quicker than knowledge!

In addition to understanding what is happening to you, you also need to understand that this is not something that is unique to you (Shoo, you ain't that special  tongue) Somewhere out there, there are millions tossing and turning with their thoughts running marathons every night just like you.

Once those two things have sunk in, your anxiety decreases and things don't seem so larger than life anymore and before you know it, you are falling asleep.

Here's an article I hope helps you understand what happening to you and how common it is. It's kinda long oh but no one ever said knowledge was an easy thing to acquire.

Chronic Pain and Insomnia: Breaking the Cycle

Patients suffering from chronic pain often find that their problems are compounded by the additional difficulties that come with insomnia and sleeping disorders. Of those who report experiencing chronic pain (about 15% of the general U.S. population and 50% of the elderly), approximately 65% report having sleep disorders, such as disrupted or non-restorative sleep.

Back pain is the most common type of chronic pain problem, and is the most prevalent medical disorder in industrialized societies. Not surprisingly, individuals with chronic back pain problems frequently report significant interference with sleep.

In a recent study, it was found that approximately two-thirds of patients with chronic back pain suffered from sleep disorders. Research has demonstrated that disrupted sleep will, in turn, exacerbate the chronic back pain problem. Thus, a vicious cycle develops in which the back pain disrupts one’s sleep, and difficulty sleeping makes the pain worse, which in turn makes sleeping more difficult, etc.

Pain Diminishes both Sleep Quantity and Quality
The term “insomnia” includes all types of sleeping problems, such as difficulty falling asleep, difficulty staying asleep, and awakening earlier than desired. Of all medical conditions, pain is the number one cause of insomnia. With chronic pain problems, difficulty falling asleep is one of the most prevalent types of sleep disruption.

However, awakening during the night and awakening earlier than desired are also frequent problems. Research surveys of those with chronic pain problems have found that 65% report that they are awakened during the night due to pain and 62% report waking too early due to pain. In addition, many patients with chronic back pain problems do not feel “refreshed” in the morning when they awaken, a sleeping problem termed “non-restorative sleep.”

Difficulty falling asleep
Chronic pain can impact sleep in a number of ways. To understand how a pain problem can make it difficult to fall asleep, it is helpful to think about the process associated with going to sleep for the night. In getting ready for bed, it is common to try and eliminate all distractions or other influences in an effort to “relax” and begin to fall asleep. This may include quieting the room, turning off the lights, eliminating any other noises, trying to get comfortable, and beginning to try to fall asleep.

However, this “quieting” of one’s environment can cause problems for the chronic back pain sufferer since the only thing left for the brain to focus on is the experience of the pain. Patients will often report that one of their primary pain management tools during the day is being able to distract themselves from the chronic back pain problem by staying busy with other tasks (e.g., reading, watching television, engaging in hobbies or crafts, working, interacting with others, etc.).

However, when trying to fall asleep there are no other distractions available to focus on except for the pain. In many cases, one’s perception of the pain actually increases when attempting to fall asleep. The longer falling asleep is delayed, the more stressful the situation becomes.

Difficulty sleeping through the night
In addition to difficulty falling asleep, chronic pain patients also report awakening frequently during the night. Research has demonstrated that individuals experiencing chronic lower back pain may experience several intense “micro-arousals” (a change in sleep state to a lighter stage of sleep) per hour of sleep, which lead to awakenings. Thus, the chronic pain problem can be a significant intrusion into a night’s sleep and disruptive to the normal stages of sleep.

This problem is often the cause of “non-restorative sleep.” Individuals with chronic pain often experience less deep sleep, more arousals and awakenings during the night, as well as less efficient sleep. Thus, the quality of the sleep is often light and unrefreshing. This non-restorative sleep pattern can then cause diminished energy, depressed mood, fatigue, and worse pain during the day

Treating a sleep disorder involves attacking the situation from a number of different standpoints, including:

Pain and other physical symptoms. Addressing the source of the pain.

Sleep hygiene. Practicing behavioral techniques that can help improve an individual’s sleep.

Psychological approaches. These may include techniques such as relaxation training, hypnosis, and deep breathing.

Sleep medications. Appropriate medications specifically designed to help with sleep

Click Here for more
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by tlops(m): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2012
*dhtml:

@op, try pouring cold water on your head every night. . .and putting your feet in warm water at the same time.

Na wa oh! na electrode the Op be? you'll explode.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Koikoi(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
This is just a simple case of recalcitrant malaria fever. trust me, take malaria med and you are healed. Used to have it sometime. I was even dreaming while wide awake
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by gulfer: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2012
Øops, i did not say my dream is fritnin oo,  All my dreams are cool and funy, but d only tin am saying is it run all nite,  And dat make it tirering,.at least 30 min dream is ok
You must be watching too many seasons film. Stop watchingthese and you'll return to normal.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by hbrednic: 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
*dhtml:

Finland:

would u give the same advise to your younger brother? humpty dumpty  grin
On serious note,a little puff after an evening meal will make him sleep better.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by indoorlove(m): 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2012
@op, have u click the shutdown icon?- Lol      i just cant understand why some ppls treat God as the police treats a man when he is arrested- whatever he does will be used against him.                                                      Bros, follow sis kil advice, he has raised some valid points.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Ekiti1: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2012
tlops:

Na wa oh! na electrode the Op be? you'll explode.
^^ this got me into uncontrollable laughter. Electrode? Chei!
76Naira:

have a good sex . . .

The above advice should Work like magic.
No, e work pass magic self.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
Get a vvery viggorous Bleep partner. . .you will surely sleep.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by ADEBYTE: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
@drstan.just wondering if anyone has profer a possible and lasting solution to ur promblem. I respect ur courage.I have actually been having a similar problem for yrs now and I don't just allow it to bother
Me anymore and the only thing I do is just to take each day as it comes. Sometime I don't even want to sleep because I know what is going to happen already as soon as lay down to sleep.it sometimes gets me worried.
Just as I lay down to sleep and as soon as my eyes are close,my brain starts it job and it is very funny at time that while in bed that my brain works continuously,it may be that I am with my frieds,at the university,u know all sort
That could happen while u r awake. I keep saying that I am not dreaming because if it is a dream,I should be able to remember when I am awake but unfortunately,I often find it difficult to remember what transpire while my brain is working continuously
While sleeping. I don't agree with some of the respondent who have akined the problem to smoking,drinking or thinking. I don't smoke,drink or engross myself thinking.I am comtemplating seeing a doctor to see if electodes could be attached to my head and be monitored overnight in the hospital.pls as soon as u find anything that works for
U,pls do share it
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by surgecom(m): 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2012
Get a system engineer, let him/her check for a software or hardware failure. Either you repair/reinstall your system or you format everything. Do not bother to backup as you may still be getting those dreams. If software is ok and u still get this. Ask for a change in processor or memory. Better still change ur motherboard(Head).

Candid Advise.

Do not connect to the network while doing all this.

Hope this help.
Don't bother paying for this advise. "Oju lon roju saanu"
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2012
First of all, the brain does not shut down; once that happens the person is dead. Secondly dreaming is not a function of your brain but your spiritual sensitivity. Dreams are there to show us what our status is in the spiritual realm. Like it or not your physical life is a function of your what our spiritual life is. Dreams can come from God, satan or you the dreamer (if you place your thoughts on something all day long there is a probability that you'll dream about it). I'll advice you to read more books and listen to more messages on dreams from renowed men of God. If problem still resists then go for prayers and councelling. Above all, you need a personal and cordial relationship with God on the basis of loving him and wanting to know him not because you are having one problem or the other: once this is done your journey in life becomes as easy as anything. Peace
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2012
Bros you were not thinking but worrying and it wouldn't add anything to you but take from you. The major reason why we worry is because we want to secure our future (no matter your reasons) but we forget that we have no control over time except God. So the best way to secure your future is being a friend of God and surrendering all to him. Anybody can die at any moment then what happens to their efforts for against the next day. Today has enough troubles of its own; tomorrow will take care of itself. Let Him that controls times and seasons worry about tomorrow for us. Please read Matthew 6:16 to 18 and verse 25 to 34
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Jay5000(m): 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2012
Get a terminator Zapper by don croft if you can afford it. strap it on and you'll sleep like a baby.Its a 9v battery operated device you strap on your arm or any part of your body. Got this particular zapper cos it Contains Orgonite (google 4 more info) which relaxes the body, gives you a positive aura (dats wat u're lookin 4), eliminates depression and migraine, cures insomnia,  balances your ying and yang and also kills parasites, bacteria, fungi and a lot of other funky stuff in your body.  Colloidal silver mainly boosts your immune system to fight diseases. I don't think it helps with insomnia. These are all suppressed medical discoveries that are very good for you. Unfortunately, they are "bad market" for the powers that be (big pharma, ),  so you'll never see them advertised anywhere on mainstream media. My terminator zapper cost me approx 100pds on ebay (incl. shipping from US to UK). Been in 9ja 4 10wks and counting and had many mosquito bites. Still waiting 4 d malaria. You've go to act fast cos the more you lose sleep the less melatonin hormone your body secretes and the worse your insomnia gets. You must sleep in the dark also (lights off), because your body secretes far less melatonin in light (dat's y it's called the dark hormone) and you really dont want that cos you'll age faster, might experience hair loss, depression and all,  Also for added knowledge, google other suppressed medical cures e.g Bob Becks Protocol, Blood electrification, Blood oxygenation, Essential Minerals, and vitamins, Essential fatty acids, THC (the active  chemical in Marijuana). You'll be glad you did.  Goodluck
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by dallyemmy: 12:56am On Jan 18, 2012
There are different angles to this
1) Physical - Having active mind maybe by worrying over something: Just think something wonderful, relax your body while sleeping and shower could help
2) Medical - Insomnia (People with high levels of stress hormones or shifts in the levels of cytokines) - adequate medical attension will be needed but drugs with Zinc will help even milk.
3) Spiritual - In this case, it will equally require a spiritual attension by fasting and prayering to God.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by nikky5(m): 1:14am On Jan 18, 2012
Let him format his head with black native soap before going bed.Maybe there is someone he is owing or duped or done evil to, let him go and apologise and make amend.A computer virus could also be responsible.Am if you are a yahoo yahoo guy then ur brain may neva shut down until u stop that evil.A word is enof for the wise.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Outstrip(f): 2:08am On Jan 18, 2012
If it starts affecting the quality of your life and you have tried everything here then maybe you should discuss with your doctor about a sleep aid. I really don't like anything that someone could get addicted to but I have used excedrine PM (not a sleep aid) for my migraines and it helped me gently fall asleep. It does not knock you out but it helps it make it easier to sleep. Goodluck
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by base11(f): 4:29am On Jan 18, 2012
OP, i understand what you are going through because i have gone through it, i look tired, aged, with dark eye circles and still have to go to work. My brain is thinking all the time. Try this: Before going to bed, take a glass of warm milk and put your phones on silent. Shikena. You would thank me.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2012
surgecom:

Get a system engineer, let him/her check for a software or hardware failure. Either you repair/reinstall your system or you format everything. Do not bother to backup as you may still be getting those dreams. If software is ok and u still get this. Ask for a change in processor or memory. Better still[b] change your motherboard(Head).[/b]

Candid Advise.

Do not connect to the network while doing all this.

Hope this help.
Don't bother paying for this advise. "Oju lon roju saanu"
nikky5:

[b]Let him format his head with black native soap before going bed.[/b]Maybe there is someone he is owing or duped or done evil to, let him go and apologise and make amend.A computer virus could also be responsible.Am if you are a yahoo yahoo guy then your brain may neva shut down until u stop that evil.A word is enof for the wise.

Lmao

Aswerigad. . . .you guys are crazy. grin grin grin
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by horny4u(f): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2012
Meditation try japanesse music and visualise what you want to happen : it will help correct worry and since imagination is stronger than will then you mind will think situation is resolved and quieten your brain.

The other solution is mas-tu-bation : your muscles tighten and short down, of cos your brain is also a muscle .lol grin grin grin works for me
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by tlops(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2012
works wonder!
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by bejo2k: 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
@horny4u, you need to teach me this Japanese meditation technique, as for the other one, i think i have mastered the art already, lol
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by femtop2(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2012
Bluetooth! Are you sure your brain is shorting down? Your recommendation will simply keep
his brain alive forever an possibly throw him to the street.
God gives His beloved sweet dreams/sleep. Simply learn the art of mind renewal
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by jonnex: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
Seeing ur old friends in d dream or attending ur old school is a bad dream, it is a sign of retrogression, i pray this will not happen to you in Jesus name, so move closer to God.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by tundecaled: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2012
Pls go for prayer of deliverance. What you need at this time is God's intervention for total healing. The enemy of your soul is around the corner to terminate your precious soul. You need Jesus the Christ in your life.God loves you.
Re: My Brain Is Not Shoting Down At Night Pls Help. by Outstrip(f): 4:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
tundecaled:

Pls go for prayer of deliverance. What you need at this time is God's intervention for total healing. The enemy of your soul is around the corner to terminate your precious soul. You need Jesus the Christ in your life.God loves you.

Nobody is terminating his soul. Prophet of doom. He just needs to get some sleep not have demons cast out of him. rollseyes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Little Boy Died Because Surgeons Found Ants In His Brain! / Ebonyi Records First COVID-19 Death, Umahi Shuts Courts / How Safe Is It For A Pregnant Woman To Be Taking Packaged Fruit Juice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.