Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (24365 Views)

How Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano Today / Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. / Boko Haram Bombed Kano Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by bilaya(m): 4:32pm On Jan 15, 2012
Wow, this is great.I hope they will keep this up.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by 27naira(m): 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
freecocoa:

Biko si searchia kwa fa ofuma maka na ifea nile bu amansi, ndi iberibe nwuru anwu. tongue

grin grin grin nawa for you oh. were ya nwayo, n'ife nile bu politiks.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by worm(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
ismhab:

it is totally haram/forbidden for a good muslim to enter into church, i hope they are aware.

^^
Nonsense!
If imams can go to the Maguzawas, enter their shrines and preach to them?
silibaba:

i don't trust this people cool cool. they maybe nothing but spies. angry angry

let's be careful with them. tongue tongue tongue

you are an id!ot
what is there to spy in a 4 walled church?

You and others criticising this move are hypocrites!

maybe they came for feasibility study on how to carry out another attack. embarassed embarassed

Christians beware!!!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by dejust(m): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
This is a right thing in a right direction. Much is still to be done since BH has its ruth in the north. I believe they know them and should make an indept effort to solve BH problems.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Eric192400: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2012
islam is evil and i think all muslims should killed
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by OtunbaGm: 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
Weldone guys
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Eric192400: 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
islam is evil and i think all muslims should be killed for us all to live in peace
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by agabaI23(m): 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
hbabe:

Visiting churches it fine BUT not good enough. They should speak to those killing christians and make them to stop their wickedness.

Hi
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by SILAKABUWA: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
Muslim islamic republican guards now and forever will be protecting churches in Northern Nigeria,
http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9036%3Ahisbah-men-guard-christian-worshipers-in-kano&catid=41%3Alatest-news&Itemid=26
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by naijaking1: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
This should be seen for what it is; a very small , but symbolic first step.
When the camera, flashlights, and pagentry are over, I hope someone remembers that there're real human victims of this saga: children made orphans, women rendered widows, and men whose whole family had been wiped out. I hope the attention would focus on them in some individual and personal ways.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by freecocoa(f): 4:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
ismhab:

it is totally haram/forbidden for a good muslim to enter into church, i hope they are aware.
Osara oku
Ngwanu umu nne'm unu anu go nu ife ogbu nmadu a na ekwu. Onye obula gbado anya.

With statements like the above, how can christians relax and believe they didn't visit those churches with ulterior motives? Caution should be applied when dealing with these people abeg.

27naira:

grin grin grin nawa for you oh. were ya nwayo, n'ife nile bu politiks.
Nna biko rapu kwa oku.ndia adiro nma e meko ife with. grin
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by bright007(f): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
quote]
ocelot2006:

OK, I've had it! What the hell is wrong with me $ my muslim brothers here that claim to be peaceful?! Rather than commend the initiative of our christian brothers, I am here spewing rubbish on this thread! A major part of the christian community, if not the entire community, have been very vocal in condemning the actions against muslims, yet it's still not enough for we idiots. with the way my muslim brothers do things, we are not better than fools without inquiry that kill the innocent. We should grow up.

To my Muslim brothers and sisters, you must stop this barbaric act be sensible for once . With moves like this, there's definitely hope for Nigeria. Kudos.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2012
Any Christians or Southerners who have lived in Kano know that core northern states (Kano, Sokoto, Katsina) are very progressive and tolerable of Christians and southerners. Please don't try to argue this with me because I am speaking anecdotally. Some of us might have different experiences but I pretty sure majority will agree with me. However, when I lived in Adamawa, Kaduna and Borno, my experience was  totally different, there is always some tension between Christians and muslims, why? Because both religions group make up about half each of the state population. You have muslims in these states(Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno) fearing christian minority take over of the states but those in the core northern states(Kano, Katsina and Sokoto) don't have that fear because they the muslims are 90% or if not more of the population. You can check for your self, core northern states have far more less religious violence than other northern states.  Majority of the core northerners are the real northerners and descendants of most of the notable kingdoms in the north, but if you read Nigeria history,  a chunk of the muslim northerners in Borno and Adamawa  are actually not Nigerians, they are originally  from Chad, Niger and Northern Cameroon.  These Northerners are the ones causing most of these mischiefs. Just ask a northerner this.

Just an example, study or goggle one of the richest Northern Nigerians, the late Alhaji  Ali Kotoko. This was actually a family friend and I still frequent to Borno to see his children. Guess what, he was from Northern Cameroon. He spoke and his family speaks Hausa fluently and all look like a typical northerner.  Today, the family is seen as who is who in Borno state but the irony is, he was not a Nigerian in the first place. That's the point I am trying to make.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by guonno: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
This question goes to u muslim that said it is haram for a muslim to enter a church. Between a CHRISTIAN and a muslim, who is meant to forbid who, is it we christians that descended from a blessed man (Isaac) or muslims that descended from a cursed and desert banished (no wonder most of u stay in the desert) child (ishmael). No wonder ur religion smells violence, still angry abraham did not blessed your father (ishmael) ? Is that y u kill Christians? Ohh that wrong. I dey joke O! Ndi aragbanko. May Odin sink ur fake ship when ever u sail on our shores without our oder to sailon like true captains on red and black attire. Muslims, keep monopolizing killings until we here go to war from our peace loving leaders, then u will know that u know nothing about handling metals. Amature claiming double 07.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by nwabobo: 5:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
I hope they were screened for explosives before being allowed into those churches.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by executinal(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2012
who cares? to hell with their visit
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by gendebs(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2012
wat an insolence. Wat gave dem the guts 2 go to a church? Wit all the astrocity commited by thier islamic brodas. So they want us to jump up and applaude dis move, God 4bid. Why did they nt come 2 my church, i'll personally kill atleast 10 of them witout owin them apology. Bunch of wicked, heartless and unsensible set of people killin in name of arab god
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Afexlove: 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
Only your stupidity wil make u say what u just uttered. Am a muslim and you may be a xtian. Can't you think. I dnd't nid to argue with you because am a good ambassador of nigerian youth am here for peace and not for religion argument. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT WIT BOKO HARAM. Idiot
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2012
ezeagu:

I guess it's now safe for all the Christians to move back north. That was easy.

I get your sarcasm. The full relocation of women and children have already started. We the men will stay behind and see how things go cheesy,   At least, we are like more than a million strong and will join hands with the Real Kano natives to defeat Boko Haram if they venture. We are not afraid of them cool. They are men, we are men.

If Kano go so goes the North and possibly Nigeria embarassed.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by freecocoa(f): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
@BRIGHT007, Welldone bro ,you too much.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by hauwabd(f): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
Eric192400:

islam is evil and i think all muslims should be killed for us all to live in peace

What's the difference between you and Boko Haram?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by aljharem(m): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
cool cool cool this is nice
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Eric192400: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
why can,t you nigerians weak up and ask the so called muslims or the people from the north to have there own country so you guys can live in peace
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by marcus1234: 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2012
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2012
I'm sorry i didnt see any MUSLIM there. You know what we mean by MUSLIM, the one with the turban and osama bin laden like bears and robes.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Ufeolorun(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
Some of  you can't just stomach this situation cos it challenges your deeply ingrained,default prejudice and hate,I am very impressed.It's to marginalize hateful fellows like you people at the other side of the divide (BH).
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
These Ibos are just paranoid about everything these days. From subsidy removal protests to Muslims solidarity visits to churches! Are you people still suffering from Post War Traumatic Syndrome (PWTS)? But many you were born after war. Or may be PWTS had been encoded in your ancestral genes.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
guonno:

This question goes to u muslim that said it is haram for a muslim to enter a church. Between a CHRISTIAN and a muslim, who is meant to forbid who, is it we christians that descended from a blessed man (Isaac) or muslims that descended from a cursed and desert banished (no wonder most of u stay in the desert) child (ishmael). No wonder your religion smells violence, still angry abraham did not blessed your father (ishmael) ? Is that y u kill Christians? Ohh that wrong. I dey joke O! Ndi aragbanko. May Odin sink your fake ship when ever u sail on our shores without our oder to sailon like true captains on red and black attire. Muslims, keep monopolizing killings until we here go to war from our peace loving leaders, then u will know that u know nothing about handling metals. Amature claiming double 07.

This is the type of ill-informed and abysmally ignorant comments that cause riots and tension amongst ourselves. Because someone(pastor, priest) interpreted these verses in the bible in the manner you are quoting it doesn't make them true or a fact.  The bible doesn't say so if you actually read the book of Genesis. This is the problem with our people in Africa, we don't even know who wrote the bible and what their intent were. I can speak quite confidently on this because I have the read, and understand it far more than you do.  

Have you asked yourself, what religion our forefathers were worshiping prior to the missionary invasion of Africa? Were they silly to be worshiping those gods? This is a question you ought to ask your self and it will make you cringe and begin to search for knowledge and the truth.  These gods they were worshiping supposedly kept them going as a society for thousands of years, and guess what Christianity is only 2000 yrs old and only made it to Africa in 17th and 18th centuries.  Did you know that most of the commandments in the bible were written thousands of years in African Literatures and African canonical books.  Have you listened to most of african proverbs, you think its just a proverb? These were commandments that governed the way of life of the people then when there was no bible or Christianity. And you will find most of these commandments (Thou shall not kill, Thou shall not steal, Thou shall not commit adultery, e.t.c.,) if not all of them today in the bible.  

So, we have to be really careful when you just say things we don't know. We need to read insatiably to understand the world. The white people have indoctrinated us Africans with deception.  I will advise you, go and study: who wrote the bible?
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Sweetnecta: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
@Ismhab; « #26 on: Today at 04:20:51 PM »
[Quote]it is totally haram/forbidden for a good muslim to enter into church, i hope they are aware.[/Quote]Quote the verse from the Quran and or the Hadith tat forbids muslims from entering the church and or protecting it and then show me a verse from the Quran and or  the Hadith that forbids Christians from entering Mosque.

If you can't, then know that you need to not say what is not part of Islam so that evil continues to grow.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2012
Danka7777:

Any Christians or Southerners who have lived in Kano know that core northern states (Kano, Sokoto, Katsina) are very progressive and tolerable of Christians and southerners. Please don't try to argue this with me because I am speaking anecdotally. Some of us might have different experiences but I pretty sure majority will agree with me. However, when I lived in Adamawa, Kaduna and Borno, my experience was  totally different, there is always some tension between Christians and muslims, why? Because both religions group make up about half each of the state population. You have muslims in these states(Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno) fearing christian minority take over of the states but those in the core northern states(Kano, Katsina and Sokoto) don't have that fear because they the muslims are 90% or if not more of the population. You can check for your self, core northern states have far more less religious violence than other northern states.  Majority of the core northerners are the real northerners and descendants of most of the notable kingdoms in the north, but if you read Nigeria history,  a chunk of the muslim northerners in Borno and Adamawa  are actually not Nigerians, they are originally  from Chad, Niger and Northern Cameroon.  These Northerners are the ones causing most of these mischiefs. Just ask a northerner this,

You are on point. Many Nigerians do not know their demographics well.  Real Northerners seem to have typical African features. While non real northerners have Arab features to them. It is sad that real northerners allowed these foreigners( chadians, nigeriens and others like them) to occupy their land and indoctrinate them. It started with the Arab conquest and Islamitization of Africa.  

We are still following the situation though cool.
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
nice move guys
peace equals prosperity
if we kill ourselves because of one thing or the other the whites who r circling us like vultures will descend n enslave d remaining alive.
We shouldnt make d mistakes our fathers made
its a new world n we need to let go of this attitudes.xtians visit dubai n dont show this hate
Re: Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! by Raxxye(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
I am, indeed, touched by this move. It is a very significant step towards restoring peace and brotherhood. Let other northern states and muslim leaders follow suit if they are sincerely not in support of the killings!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander Eye Account Of Jos Bombing. / Orji Uzor-Kalu Launches OUK Entertainment International Limited / Sani Abacha's 74th Posthumous Birthday (Cuts His Birthday Cake In Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.