Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. (16062 Views)

Bomb Blasts And Gunfire In Kano (Airtel Office & Mallam Kato Square) / Boko Haram Bombed Kano Today / Nigerian Muslims Visit Churches In Kano Today In Show Of Solidarity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by edoyad(m): 6:48am On Jan 24, 2012
Fresh blasts, gunfire heard in Nigerian city
By: MJ Smith and Aminu Abubakar
6 minutes ago
Kano - Fresh explosions and gunfire early on Tuesday rocked an area near a police station in the Nigerian city of Kano, where co-ordinated attacks claimed by Islamists and shootouts left at least 185 dead last week.

Some 15 blasts and gunshots were heard coming from the vicinity of a mobile police headquarters. Details were not immediately clear, and police were not available for comment.

"I was awoken from sleep by explosions and gunshots coming from the mobile barracks and police station opposite," one resident said, adding that they had stopped after several minutes.

"It's terrifying ,  It's too dangerous to go out, besides there is curfew."

Sporadic gunfire could still be heard after the explosions halted.

A night-time curfew is in effect in the wake of Friday's attacks in Kano claimed by Islamist group Boko Haram.

The signs of fresh violence came after Nigerian police foiled attacks in the northern city of Kano Monday, discovering 10 bomb-laden cars and hundreds of other unexploded devices from the wave of deadly violence last week.

Clerics said prayers for peace after the attacks on Friday that killed at least 185 people in the country's second-largest city and stoked fresh fears of an all-out civil war in Africa's most populous nation and top oil producer.

President Goodluck Jonathan vowed to beef up security as he grapples with the worst crises of his nine-month tenure - a surge in violence by the Islamist sect Boko Haram blamed for the attacks and mounting social discontent.

Emergency rule

Kano, a mainly Muslim city of 4.2 million, was left reeling after bombs were set off and gun battles raged in coordinated strikes after Friday prayers that targeted mainly police buildings, including the police headquarters.

Details began to emerge of the mode of the attacks, with police announcing the discovery of large numbers of explosive devices and that at five of the assailants were suicide bombers.

At least two dozen of the dead were police officers, police commissioner Ibrahim Idris said in a statement, while witness testimony said some of the assailants wore police uniforms.

Idris said police found 10 cars loaded with improvised explosive devices (IEDs) at various sites in Kano, along with about 300 drinks cans, eight powdered milk tins and eight 350-kilogramme drums -- all loaded with explosives.

According to the latest toll, he said 150 civilians, 29 policemen, three intelligence officers, two immigration officers and a customs officer were killed in Friday's attacks.

Jonathan imposed emergency rule in parts of Nigeria's north on December 31 after a wave of violence blamed on Boko Haram. But Kano, which had escaped the worst of the violence in recent months, was not among the areas covered.

"I will pray to God that we should never re-live the catastrophe that resulted in the deaths and maiming in our city," Kano State governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso said as about 200 Muslim clerics and political leaders offered peace prayers in Kano.

Nobel literature laureate Wole Soyinka, who has previously warned of the risk of civil war, appealed to fellow Nigerians not to exact revenge.

http://m.news24.com/news24/Africa/News/Fresh-blasts-gunfire-heard-in-Nigerian-city-20120124
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2012
oh i thought that man of fraud, oyedepo, sent some spiritual missiles into boko haram. the more these men of fraud open their stinking mouths the more bombings
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by hillsate: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

oh i thought that man of fraud, oyedepo, sent some spiritual missiles into boko haram. the more these men of fraud open their stinking mouths the more bombings

If you do not respect elders or your parents, don't disrespect other people's.
I hope you are married because am sorry for the man who would marry you.
Get some manners!
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by CarlosVent(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2012
diluminati:

let God judge him but i advice you stop using the word fraud because you can endanger your life. he might be good or bad but every one have their mistakes but that doesn't mean you can touch the Lords anointed if he is. so be careful when saying some things.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by JUO(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2012
sorry dear God will have mercy on u
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by slyopez(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2012
We have to learn to live with it (bombing). I smell disintegration soonest.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Agbenyiess(m): 9:57am On Jan 24, 2012

I am Sure she is another loosed one on the net! How old is she sef? I hope you attain the age that he is now in your life time and be able to affect the people around you in a way and don't leave only your grave behind as the only pointer to your existence.

I pity you!
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by resourceng(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2012
i dont know if you have heard the phrase, repspect your elder
be mindful of what you say
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by tissot84: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2012
Hmmmm u peeps said u pity her. hmmm it goes a long way. not only it will affect her but her family like GOD PROMISED ABRAHAM. i pity ur husband or husband to be (if u are not married), unborn children of yours.
U beta go ask God for forgiveness.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Ninapha(f): 10:10am On Jan 24, 2012
Is this how bad it has got? Insults, calling of names and derailing threads now make people popular. Such a pity.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Tsun(f): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2012
oh i thought that man of fraud, oyedepo, sent some spiritual missiles into boko haram. the more these men of fraud open their stinking mouths the more bombings.

You are such a mannerless goat. go get a life.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Yeske2(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2012
You guys back to topic, what is the latest in Kano right now?
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by scorpidmo(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2012
hillsate:

If you do not respect elders or your parents, don't disrespect other people's.  
I hope you are married because am sorry for the man who would marry you.
Get some manners!

what she said isn't far fetched. He is a man preying on people's fear by giving them false hope.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2012
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by worm(f): 10:35am On Jan 24, 2012
Will you guys stop derailing the thread please?

What is happening in Kano?
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by PointB: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2012
Lets leave that girl a beg. What is the situation in Kano now. who were doing the exploding and shooting? Did the security agents make any arrest?
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by worm(f): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2012
Bereal247:

@Jerusalemecca, if i were you i wouldn't use such foul language on a man of God. You really don't have the right or authority to judge him.

^^
If they are men of God. What are you people? children of satan?
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by jaso1(m): 10:45am On Jan 24, 2012
To those condemning deluminati - you better wake up from dead so that little left for you to recognize God would be enough for you to iddentify fake pastors.
Why are some Nigerians so dull and lack ability to make use of their God gift brain to judge right? Who is man of God and who is man of devil? if you admit someone is man of God are you man of devil? can’t you make use of your sense so that your common sense can still serve you better? it tired me for this people o!
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Sleekjd(f): 10:47am On Jan 24, 2012
Haba, u all shud ignore her cos she has a right to say anytin she likes. The post says there is fresh shootin in Kano. 'Touch not my anointed' refered to d ppl of Israel in d Bible. I ve realised on dis site ll curse n insult any1 who says anytin contrary abt a pastor. Abegii, channel all ur curses n prayers towards dis BH animal n dia sponsors who keep bombin churches n killin christians. Do u knw hw many pastors dat hv bin killed in dis carnage n dia wives? Guess its okay as long as it is not ur "Bishop". Mtweeew, pastor worshippin xtians. Don't bother hurlin curses or "goin to d tabernacle to confess hence u die bullshit" cos ur types arnd me can even carry arms on "His" behalf.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by stepo707: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2012
Can a resident of Kano confirm this?
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Sleekjd(f): 11:00am On Jan 24, 2012
Back to d topic jare, Kano is really hot as @ today. A neighbours brother resides dere n she bin cryin all day. Yea, gunshots is still bin heard. D prob I think is distinguishin d BH boys cos accordin to source, sm r wearin military uniforms. Our security force has bin stretched thin n I pray for d UN intervention. Dis guys mean business. embarassed
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by doctokwus: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2012
Just as his hard core worshippers bliv Oyedepo is d annointed messiah,so does illuminati bliv he is a fraud;she may av proof for all u people care.U all causing or condemning her are even d hypocrites here.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Funkymallam(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2012
The report is true, happened in d early hrs of today but no statement yet.

The issue with @diluminati is that she is too foul tongued for a woman and such might cause trouble for herself n ppl without knwing it. I really pity ppl around her. Smh
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by kay2000(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2012
@@ "Dull"uminati,as your name implies, you r really dull. You have no light in your life to illuminate. I pity you cos you have just invited a plague into you life. You better start begging for forgiveness. It is people like you that insult and blame God for you misfortunes. Get a life you lazy ass pagan.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by WinkWrld: 11:05am On Jan 24, 2012
A MUST SEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE&t=11s

KINDLY TXT 525 TO 33680 AFTER VIEWING. THX

Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by ab1x: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2012
She must have noticed something about the man before posting her comment so I expect everybody to behave in a mature manner by expressing their own views instead of passing insult or cursing the lady. @ diluminati, please allow God to judge. You can't claim you are a christian and be cursing or raining abuse on another person. Back to the topic, please someone should let us know the situation of things in Kano. Thanks,
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by LagosBoi2(m): 11:09am On Jan 24, 2012
Sleekjd:

Haba, u all shud ignore her cos she has a right to say anytin she likes. The post says there is fresh shootin in Kano. 'Touch not my anointed' refered to d ppl of Israel in d Bible. I ve realised on dis site ll curse n insult any1 who says anytin contrary abt a pastor. Abegii, channel all ur curses n prayers towards dis BH animal n dia sponsors who keep bombin churches n killin christians. Do u knw hw many pastors dat hv bin killed in dis carnage n dia wives? Guess its okay as long as it is not ur "Bishop". Mtweeew, pastor worshippin xtians. Don't bother hurlin curses or "goin to d tabernacle to confess hence u die bullshit" cos ur types arnd me can even carry arms on "His" behalf.

GBAM !!! Xtian Xtremists, Pastor Worshippers. muther4kers, Focus on the Issue before BH gets to your area
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by MemeInc(m): 11:24am On Jan 24, 2012
no problem guys.
i'm in Kano right now, and the whole state is on a 24 hour curfew.
the soldiers are working really hard but the police are scared.
All we need is your prayers cry cry cry cry
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by 1Emmy: 11:48am On Jan 24, 2012
Meme Inc.:

no problem guys.
i'm in Kano right now, and the whole state is on a 24 hour curfew.
the soldiers are working really hard but the police are scared.
All we need is your prayers cry cry cry cry
Am also in Kano sabo ngeri mkt to be precise.
There is no such 24 hours curfew in Kano right now, the existing curfew is 7-7.
Business is on except banks that have remain closed since Friday attack.
But there's a enough tension due to the fear of the unknown.
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by stepo707: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2012
I gat an ex in shagari quarters area.i just hope she is alright
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by stepo707: 11:51am On Jan 24, 2012
1Emmy:

Am also in Kano sabo ngeri mkt to be precise.
There is no such 24 hours curfew in Kano right now, the existing curfew is 7-7.
Business is on except banks that have remain closed since Friday attack.
But there's a enough tension due to the fear of the unknown.
How can be business be going on smoothly when there is restriction of movement(curfew)
Re: Fresh Blasts And Gunfire Heard In Kano Today, Tuesday 24th Jan. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2012
Boko haram dey bomb,ASUU on strike wat is wrong with niaja.pls any news abt ASUU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Killed Over 300 Boko Haram Fighters, Says Niger Defence Minister / AirForce To Deploy Surveillance Helicopters To The North. PICS / S’court Justices Under Probe Withdraw From Sittings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.