Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Jumah Service At Ojota Protest Ground - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jumah Service At Ojota Protest Ground (877 Views)

Pro-biafra Protest Ground Aba - The Nation / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque / Tension In Ibadan As UI Students Protest, Ground Activities Over Colleague's Dea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jumah Service At Ojota Protest Ground by Lagosboy: 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi-7bmWo16I

If anyone can embed this, please do.

Watch the interview of Imam the at the end.
Re: Jumah Service At Ojota Protest Ground by mastaiwo: 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
@lagosboy.ON 'AQEEQAH.
Much as I support your views expressed in the response,however,the following had to be corrected.
It is to be known that the issue of Seventh Day naming is not a recent thinking,it is a sunnah that had hitherto been neglected by people and its gradually coming back to reckoning due to recent widespread of knowledge and awakening of people to sunnah.As for your humble opinion,it is contrary to the fiqh of the Imams you quoted.Contrary to what you arrogated to them,all the Imams,Abu Haneefah,Shaafi' and Hanbalee,except Imam Maalik are of the opinion that when a child is given birth to on Monday,the Aqeeqah(slaughtering of the animal)will be on Sunday.That is,the counting starts the day of its birth,and the next day is the second day and it continues like that until its seventh day.And this is the preponderant or more correct of the opinion.It was only Imam Maalik that said the counting starts the next day of the birth except if the baby is born in the night.Check BIDAAYATUL MUJTAHID OF IBN RUSHDEE.
Thus,if the child is born on Monday,the counting starts that day because,the Prophet said(its seventh day:meaning the baby's seventh day.)So,the day of birth is inclusive and it is the day 1 and not day 0,while day 2 is the second day,day 3 the third day until day 7 the seventh day.Chek UMDATUL FIQH EXPLANATION BY SHINQEETEE.This is quite different from the days of the week or month of the year counting that you mentioned i.e Jumu'ah,fifth day of the week,Ramadan,9th month of the year etc.
And Allaah knows best.
Re: Jumah Service At Ojota Protest Ground by mastaiwo: 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
@lagosboy.ON 'AQEEQAH.
Much as I support your views expressed in the response,however,the following had to be corrected.
It is to be known that the issue of Seventh Day naming is not a recent thinking,it is a sunnah that had hitherto been neglected by people and its gradually coming back to reckoning due to recent widespread of knowledge and awakening of people to sunnah.As for your humble opinion,it is contrary to the fiqh of the Imams you quoted.Contrary to what you arrogated to them,all the Imams,Abu Haneefah,Shaafi' and Hanbalee,except Imam Maalik are of the opinion that when a child is given birth to on Monday,the Aqeeqah(slaughtering of the animal)will be on Sunday.That is,the counting starts the day of its birth,and the next day is the second day and it continues like that until its seventh day.And this is the preponderant or more correct of the opinion.It was only Imam Maalik that said the counting starts the next day of the birth except if the baby is born in the night.Check BIDAAYATUL MUJTAHID OF IBN RUSHDEE.
Thus,if the child is born on Monday,the counting starts that day because,the Prophet said(its seventh day:meaning the baby's seventh day.)So,the day of birth is inclusive and it is the day 1 and not day 0,while day 2 is the second day,day 3 the third day until day 7 the seventh day.Chek UMDATUL FIQH EXPLANATION BY SHINQEETEE.This is quite different from the days of the week or month of the year counting that you mentioned i.e Jumu'ah,fifth day of the week,Ramadan,9th month of the year etc.
And Allaah knows best.

(1) (Reply)

Maduekes Anti-corruption Jokes, An Order From Above / Who Can Help Me Get The Number Of The Principal Of G.s.s Jos / Omg Abdul Mutallab's Father,the Famous Kid Bomber Is The Head Of Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.