Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

ASUU Will Call-off Strike On Monday-fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Will Call-off Strike On Monday-fg (887 Views)

Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Will Call-off Strike On Monday-fg by mashnino(m): 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
The Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqquayatu Ahmed Rufa’i has assured that the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU) will call off its protracted strike on Monday, following the passage of the bill on the retirement age of professors of University at 70 years.
Prof. Rufa’I disclosed who stated this yesterday in Abuja at a crucial meeting with Vice-Chancellors of Federal Universities assured that the bill which was passed last Wednesday will soon be singed into law by President Goodluck Jonathan.
Noting that ASUU has exhausted all issues that will disallow the resolution of the crises, Prof. Rufa’I said that the Federal Government will hold another meeting with the Union on Monday to finally resolve the lingering problems with the Academic Union to allow students resume their academic programs.
“The Federal Government is concerned and I am sure you are aware that series of meetings have taken place even with the President Goodluck Jonathan. We have been talking and discussing with members of ASUU. Today after our meeting with the Vice Chancellors we are going to hold a meeting again with ASUU on Monday and it is our hope that after that meeting we expect that ASUU should call off that strike. Government is working and definitely we are meeting most of their demands.” She stated

Source http://nairation.com/discussion/22/ASUU-will-call-off-strike-on-monday-fg

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Rejects Gej Negotiation Deal; Threatens More Attacks / Cabalocrazy: Hon Patrick Obiaghagbon's Microscopic Vocals (video) / Launching Of Hannah-may Foundation - By Chief Mrs. Mercy Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.