Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW (2926 Views)

So There Was A Fight @ The National Assembly And No News Network Carried It. / APC Challenges Senator Ekweremadu To Enumerate What He Achieved For SE And SS / Nairalander Now Commissioner In Sw. (2) (3) (4)

SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
Determined not to bow to the popular wishes of Nigerians who are protesting against his government’s hike in fuel prices, President Goodluck Jonathan has resorted to hiring Niger Delta militants to threaten labor union activists who are currently leading their workers in a nation-wide strike. Our sources within the government revealed that Asari Dokubo, an ex-Niger Delta militant turned government lackey, had been recruited to coordinate the intimidation of critical sectors of the protesters.

In interviews earlier today, two officials of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) told SaharaReporters that Asari Dokubo had made several threatening phone calls to Folorunso Oginni, the chairman of the Lagos zone of PENGASSAN, as well as Comrade Babatunde Ogun, the group’s national president.

“Asari Dokubo told our leaders that oil platforms will be occupied by Niger Delta militants if PENGASSAN decides to shut down production in solidarity with the ongoing labor strike,” said one source.

One source in the Presidency disclosed that President Jonathan had funneled funds to Asari Dokubo and a few Niger Delta militants in a bid to use them to harass striking unions.

“Nigerians and the world need to know that President Jonathan is personally authorizing and funding militants with a history of violence to intimidate labor leaders whose only offense is that they are pursuing legitimate demands through time-honored means,” said a lawyer who said he had been made aware of the threats.

Asari Dokubo's threats to PENGASSAN officials come on the heels of a secession threat made by Ankio Briggs, a prominent female member of President Jonathan’s inner circles.  In a communiqué issued last night under the auspices of “Niger Delta Occupy Niger Delta Resources,” Ms. Briggs stated that, “If Jonathan, a Niger Delta son is not good enough to govern Nigeria, the oil in his Niger Delta is not good enough for Nigeria.

“If the Niger Delta people are not good enough to be part of good governance in Nigeria, then our oil and gas of the Niger Delta people is not good enough for Nigeria.”

A source in Aso Rock told SaharaReporters that Ms. Briggs’ hardly veiled secessionist threats and declarations were directly encouraged and funded by President Jonathan in a bid to intimidate Nigerians who have flooded streets to protest his administration’s callous raising of the price of fuel.

Shortly after the threats were made, Thisday newspaper wrote a report claiming that some Niger Delta militants had surrounded oil platforms in the Niger Delta region. The reports were quickly dismissed by PENGASSAN officials who said they had received no confirmation of such developments from their members in the region.

A reliable source in the Presidency told SaharaReporters that President Jonathan seriously believes his administration could ride out the current massive protests by using bribery to various interests, including several media owners. The source disclosed that Mr. Jonathan was sending emissaries to traditional rulers as well as publishers and editors considered susceptible to material inducement.
The source added that President Jonathan’s funding of Asari Dokubo and other Niger Delta militants was part of a broader scheme by the president to use ethnicity to divide the country. The source pointed to a recent noticeable change in Mr. Jonathan’s wardrobe, stating that it was a deliberate ploy by the president to give the impression that he is aligned with the people of the south east.
“Anyim Pius Anyim has been coordinating support for Jonathan among Ndigbo,” said the source, adding that Mr. Anyim and a few southeast governors have promoted the view that the agitation against Jonathan arose because of the president’s decision to hand over to an Igbo president in 2015.

But an Igbo civil society activist described such divisive tactics as regrettable, adding that he was aware that President Jonathan “is already planning to run for another term. Besides, it is childish for Jonathan to promise Igbos or anybody that he will hand over to them.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-hires-asari-dokubo-other-niger-delta-militants-threaten-labor-union-leaders
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2012
Even the silly saharareporters can twist the news just to favor their Yoruba baboons.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by aljharem(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

Even the silly saharareporters can twist the news just to favor their Yoruba baboons.

be SR owner is Ijaw or is he not ?
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
^

Shattap if you don't know what to say.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by aljharem(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

^

Shattap if you don't know what to say.

when you said Yoruba baboons, i likened it to be an insult on the yorubas like you usually call them that is why I spoke. Moreover the last time I checked Delta calabar there were protest so why blame it on yorubas alone ?

hmmm cause and effect
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2012
Since when did 'Yoruba' entered Nigerian English lexicon? Or is it now conventional that 'Yoruba' is now synonymous with Yoruba nomenclature?
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by aljharem(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

Since when did 'Yoruba' entered Nigerian English lexicon? Or is it now conventional that 'Yoruba' is now synonymous with Yoruba nomenclature?

anyway forget that. I want to know why you support the subsidy without things in place.

ps. don't tell me about cabals etc because I also want subsidy to go as well but not now.

so I want to know the reason for ur support smiley
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
The question is why are those baboonic i.d.i.o.ts crying more than the bereaved?

The SS and SE that owns the oil are not complaining. If they don't like the new government policy they have the right and are free as air to secede, GEJ will not even raise any finger to stop them because they are of no use to the country.

SE was and is still useful and resourceful to the nation that was why Nigeria from all walks of life fought hard to bring them back to the fold.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by NegroNtns(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
Chino,

Grapevine told me you wanted to see me. Here I am. Whats eating you this time? Speak up! angry
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by aljharem(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

The question is why are those baboonic i.d.i.o.ts crying more than the bereaved?

because they are affected as well .
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by edogirl2: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
this your ss/se unity, when and where was it agreed? you jump from thread to thread insulting yoruba people and blaming them for all your personal problems. people by & large ignore you, yet you persist.  thousands of young people all over the country are visiting nairaland for the first time to garner information following the subsidy saga, yet you, a grown man, polute the forum with this nonsense. pls argue for or against the subsidy and keep the ethnic thing to yourself.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by tunnytox(m): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2012
the OP is jobless
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by chino11(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
edo.girl:

this your ss/se unity, when and where was it agreed? you jump from thread to thread insulting yoruba people and blaming them for all your personal problems. people by & large ignore you, yet you persist.  thousands of young people all over the country are visiting nairaland for the first time to garner information following the subsidy saga, yet you, a grown man, polute the forum with this nonsense. pls argue for or against the subsidy and keep the ethnic thing to yourself.

Is it not better you go back to Italo where they deported una from, b.i.t.c.h
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by sheyguy: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
edo.girl:

God bless u edo.girl.
The yorubas are the problem with everything bad in Nigeria. They drove the ibos from their land. They even masterminded 9/11. They are the one behind the protest that nearly claimed the life of Remi Tinubu and 3 other senators. They even voted Gej on behalf of the ibos, they are the cabals. They are jealous of Gej. They are everything bad in Nigeria.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by aljharem(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

Is it not better you go back to Italo where they deported una from, b.i.t.c.h

u are not making sense. did you create the thread to incite hate for the yorubas or you created it to talk intelligently ?
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by DanKan0: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
chino11:

The SS and SE that owns the oil are not complaining. If they don't like the new government policy they have the right and are free as air to secede, GEJ will not even raise any finger to stop them because they are of no use to the country.

SE was and is still useful and resourceful to the nation that was why Nigeria from all walks of life fought hard to bring them back to the fold.

Declare Independence please. We wont stop you o.

[img]http://eof737.files./2011/11/biafra_map.png?w=500[/img]

If not we got the right to complain. And Majority of Nigerians are against this dumb move by GEJ.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by CyberG: 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
SR's reportage is so brutally frank! It goes without saying that Jonze-a-thon is merely pandering to ethnic sentiments which is unprecedented in Nigeria. A sitting president ignores the people's legitimate protests and uses the services of militants to perpetuate illegality. I know most other people from Nigeria will not forget. There are lots of peoples from different parts of Nigeria who have fought for the rights of the NDeltans when the military clamped down on them, and I was one of those people. Jonagoat became president by the struggle of parts of Nigeria that are now being demonized. Most of the northerners in Yaradua led by Turai did not want the mumu-looking Jonzer as president and the SNG was led largely by people from the SW. It's a shame on ungrateful, narrow minded, and tribalistic people.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Yeske2(m): 9:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
I really dont seem to understand the ethnic dimension this protest is taking now
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by oduasolja: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
hahaha

igbo people up to their old tricks again.

trying to portray the yoruba as the enemy .

we are too old for ur games and propaganda .

we all know you are a whole bunch of self serving ingrates who are looking out for urselfs.

u want to convert eastern region to biafra abi. thats why u dey talk south south.

i laff ohhh,

ok now

i wish una well. i would like to see how ur union would work.

we yorubas are confident in our resources.

make una just pack ur bags sha.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by tunnytox(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2012
the reason why some of these retar.ded tribalists are talking about oil, our oil etc is because successive govt neglected other sectors of the economy. If countries like Qatar and UAE are now looking beyond oil and moving into financial and real estate it means only primitive thinking minds will think that oil will solve all their problems. If the Ibos have their Biafra today they will still be governed by the same corrupt leaders which means it will be business as usual.

Most florishing and big economies like Germany, Japan,France, Australia and even China have no oil so what is the big deal about oil?
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by sbeezy8: 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2012
edo.girl:

Good talk its pretty much common sense.

the Protest- was All over Nigeria muslim christian North South West, middle belt and South South, Warri, Benin city and Sapele  are those yoruba areas?Who's fooling who?

Are yoruba the ONLY tribe in naija or something. Kind of annoying yorubas generally ignore these type of tribalist.

They need to get a life.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Onlytruth(m): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2012
Since I saw this map, my eyes opened BIG TIME.

There are more onshore oil in Igboland than any other place in Nigeria. FACT.

Let the conversion continue.

Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by tunnytox(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2012
Soak your gari in oil and make you dey drink am now grin
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Onlytruth(m): 12:25am On Jan 16, 2012
Most of Nigeria's oil is in the Eastern region and Igboland.
That is why I don't buy the geopolitical zones because it is a way to divide and conquer the East.
Why is the North still there, but the East is butchered balkanized for no reason?

We will get to the stage of claiming back our political sanity one day.
Yes we can! and we will!

Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Onlytruth(m): 12:27am On Jan 16, 2012
Suddenly, somebody from Edo state is now calling me oil thief! undecided
I'm laughing seriously! angry angry angry
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by NegroNtns(m): 12:44am On Jan 16, 2012
Onlytruth,

Let me give you a truth to take with you to bed tonight.  In the days of Cocoa export as Nigerian cash crop, the whole country subsisted on the income.  Same with groundnut.  Today, it is oil.  As long as Nigeria remains one, as long as your SS and SE continue to ooze oil. . . . West and North are happy to co-own Nigeria with you.  Now, if that is too bitter for you to swallow, then this new coalition of SS/SE need to appeal to your son, Gej and direct him to create corridors between you and the rest of Nigeria, pending when Biafra is soon actualized and you can stop sharing your oil with West and North. 

Failing this separation, you and your SS cohorts need to take a chill pill and be content with what we hand to you as your share of the oil revenue.  You have more people in Lagos than any other ethnic group.  Right?  Well, guess what?  That means Lagos gets more share of Oil revenue than any other state.  You have billions of Igbo indigenes in Kano, right?  Then Kano should follow behind Lagos in revenue allotment.
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Onlytruth(m): 12:49am On Jan 16, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Onlytruth,

Let me give you a truth to take with you to bed tonight.  In the days of Cocoa export as Nigerian cash crop, the whole country subsisted on the income.  Same with groundnut.  Today, it is oil.  As long as Nigeria remains one, as long as your SS and SE continue to ooze oil. . . . West and North are happy to co-own Nigeria with you.  Now, if that is too bitter for you to swallow, then this new coalition of SS/SE need to appeal to your son, Gej and direct him to create corridors between you and the rest of Nigeria, pending when Biafra is soon actualized and you can stop sharing your oil with West and North. 

Failing this separation, you and your SS cohorts need to take a chill pill and be content with what we hand to you as your share of the oil revenue.  You have more people in Lagos than any other ethnic group.  Right?  Well, guess what?  That means Lagos gets more share of Oil revenue than any other state.  You have billions of Igbo indigenes in Kano, right?  Then Kano should follow behind Lagos in revenue allotment. 

I dey laff.

Well, lets wait till we the owners can do something about the situation.
Thanks for your thoughts. cool
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Nchara: 12:51am On Jan 16, 2012
Yes, the SS needs SE help to checkmate the SW and the North
What is good for Obasanjo is good for GEJ
As for the North, they have used intimidation ever since Nigeria came into  being.

Faseun Canvasses Support for Obasanjo
By Tokunbo Adedoja
Traffic was yesterday brought to a stand-still for about three hours on the old toll-gate/ 7up axis in Ikeja following a rally organised in support of President Olusegun Obasanjo by the founder leader of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC), Dr. Fredrick Faseun.

The rally, which kicked off at about 11am was attended by hundreds of members of the Yoruba militia group from various parts of Lagos and neigbouring states in the Southwest.

The large turn-out of the members of the group who came in about 100 buses hindered the free flow of traffic along Oworonsoki/Third Mainland bridge, Ojota, and Maryland.

The rally, which was the second Faseun would organised for Obasanjo, was however peaceful without any interference or molestation from the police.

Addressing the rally, Faseun who spoke in Yoruba scored Obasanjo's administration high on all fronts, maintaining that the regime has brought the country out of the woods.

He specifically stated that Obasanjo's leadership qualities have brought peace to the country and praised the President for "removing thieves, robbers, fraudsters and deadwoods from our public service".

The OPC leader, who spoke occassionally in proverbs to buttress some of his points maintained that, the president has successfully launched the nation back into the comity of nations through his virile foreign policies since it assumed power.

He added that an example of the dividends of the foreign policy of the government is the forthcoming Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting(CHOGM) and the State Visit of Queen Elizabeth of England.

According to him, this is significant because the same Commonwealth suspended Nigeria in the days of Abacha and consequently made Nigeria a pariah nation.

He also cited as example the recently held All African Games(COJA) saying that all these show that Nigeria has been fully re-integrated into the world socio-political environment.

The OPC leader chided the president's critics, describing them as pessimists and adding that Rome was not built in a day.

He consequently called on them to give Obasanjo a chance to develop the country and complete what he called the good work the administration has started.

He urged Yorubas to rally round Obasanjo, their kinsman adding that should he be disgraced out of office, it will take the Southwest up to 2047 to produce another Nigerian president going by the four years, two-term formula.

He threatened those that may be planning to remove the present admnistration from power, adding that OPC is solidly behind the president.

"They think because he does not enjoy Yoruba support, they want to upset him. If they should force Obasanjo out of office, we will tell them what OPC stands for", he said.

He, however, dispelled rumour that he was sponsored by the government to stage the rally saying "all of you know me, I can't be bribed, but no one's child can be so bad that the parents will throw him out for wild animals to consume him".
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Nchara: 12:53am On Jan 16, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Onlytruth,

Liar. At that same time the East had palm oil and coal. Why do you guys lie with so much gusto?
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by Onlytruth(m): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2012
Nchara:

Liar. At that same time the East had palm oil and coal. Why do you guys lie with so much gusto?

Meanwhile he told me to accept it as "truth to take with you to bed tonight". undecided
That is why I said I dey laff. lol
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by nduchucks: 1:00am On Jan 16, 2012
@Negro_Ntns" +1000

I say, where was the South-South in 1914? And where was the South-South in 1945, 1960? Where were the eggs being laid and hatched? It is in the record that, it was the farmers in the North that produced the groundnuts and resources that supplemented the various budgets of the West and East up till 1970.

Recently, Adamu Fika put down the figures, year by year in terms of federal budgets and regional budgets and how much resources had to be wired from the northern area to other parts of the country to run their governments. Simply because some new ducks are laying eggs now, the chickens of previous years are no more important. The notion that the area of the country that produces the most resources each time should produce the leadership of the country is very nonsensical.

Reference Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519780.0.html"
Re: SE And SS Unity Is The Key To Fight The Sponsored Yoruba Protest In SW by NegroNtns(m): 1:02am On Jan 16, 2012
Well, lets wait till we the owners can do something about the situation

The ownership has changed hands . . . . you no longer own the resource.  You only have stewardship of the land.

Final Result Of Todays' Election (osun) / Senate Race: Suswam, Chime, Imoke, Other Govs May Lose Out / Emergence Of Frank Nweke.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77