Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,046 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? (9975 Views)

Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG / You Can’t Blackmail, Intimidate Us — PDP Tells Buhari / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2012
@ beaf see goat like u.you come to a yoruba website and insult yorubas.you feed your oga wrong info that results in death and financial loss and u stand on a hyprocital high ground to peddle lies and falsehood about people who have risked all to face a corrupt govt insultn our collective senses.you r everythn wrong in nigeria,a sycophant,tribalist,rumour monger,greed infested layabout.people like u were stoned in ancient greece or ostracised for the good of the society.you offer nothn.i wanted 2 call u a dog but that would be an insult to that breed,every animal is beneficial to the eco system,you are just manure,cancer ridden one for that matter you would only rot plants
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Amalaaba: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
Someone said we should allow them remove the entire thing and then hold them to ransom when they fail; sorry, i don't know of any method we can use in holding them to account.

There is no way to hold our leaders to account for poor leadership because 1. They would hit our heads together and rig to win election 2. They would bribe a few of us to say the opposite of what makes sense.

I am ready for a PMS price of N300/liter, no matter what we the people feel.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Nairaboi(m): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
sumtimes i wonder what some e diots come up on nairaland to say. 1: if Goodluck is a reasonable human being, he wud hav returned the price of pms to #65 naira till next year's budget. Democracy is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. So if Nigerians want pms at #65, why not give them what they want. U want us to sacrifice, yet u pop champagne and budget billions for food, when a common does not see common clean water to drink. 2: A president that talks of cabal, the c in c of nigeria. Yet, he cannot bring out the so called "cabal". 3: if he says opposition are trying to hijack the protest, i nw ask : will the opposition try to do anytin if the so called government are doing what is right? . . .many other issues abound. And if u can't reason before talking, just shu ut up.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by werepeLeri: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
oops - Yoruba website?
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by werepeLeri: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
Nairaboi:

sumtimes i wonder what some e diots come up on nairaland to say. 1: if Goodluck is a reasonable human being, he wud hav returned the price of pms to #65 naira till next year's budget. Democracy is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. So if Nigerians want pms at #65, why not give them what they want. U want us to sacrifice, yet u pop champagne and budget billions for food, when a common does not see common clean water to drink. 2: A president that talks of cabal, the c in c of nigeria. Yet, he cannot bring out the so called "cabal". 3: if he says opposition are trying to hijack the protest, i nw ask : will the opposition try to do anytin if the so called government are doing what is right? . . .many other issues abound. And if u can't reason before talking, just shu ut up.

Please do!
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2012
Already tired of the strike sef
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by jpphilips(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2012
@blacksta

you may be right to say SNG is credible but protest need people and efonomic loses to send a strong message if you want it to remain peafeful.

you need labor because they will pull workers from their jobs creating the desired economic loses while the jobless crowds makes up the population at the rally.

I forsee SNG working closely with unemployed Nigerians to pull crowds but work continues so a smart govt will just ignore them.

I dont see them achieving much without the workers.
serioisly if I were one of those guys paying labor rues I will cease immediately cos that toothless mutallab omar is not worth it, rightly put, I think the workers should protest this month should Nlc deduct monthly union dues from their salaries on the grounds that they need it to pay the increament they accepted from the govt.
person If I were in their shoes, I should take labor to court so that a competent judge will cease the opportunity to make it legally voluntary for one to either join nlc or not.
that way, nlc will die a natural death, imagine the good will of people they abused, celebrities were giving free shows and food to encourage the protest, unprecedented and ovewhelming turn out of Nigerians from all works of life.

omar and esele are lucky they are not pakistanis or libyans because they would be breathing their last by now.

Now, where is boko haram when we need you most? WHEN WILL YOU PUT A FATUA ON OMAR AND ESELE, THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE BLACK RACE.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by LEXYLOV: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2012
Pro GEJ online hired mercenaries like @Beaf, Pomo Turkey,Chicken and co. Should please vacate NL and take appointment benefit or contract from their apostate MUMU called Ebele.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by jmoore(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2012
occupy2day :

If An Okada Man Was Buying One Liter Of Fuel @ #97 And He Pays #100 Who would Give Him Change Of #3?

Must you buy just one liter? Add more liters to what you plan to buy so that you can at least leave I naira to them.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Ardedaryor(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2012
corruption still continues,
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Ardedaryor(m): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2012
corruption still continues, all effort just went down the drain
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by ocelot2006(m): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2012
From the very first day, I knew the strike was going to fail cos the focus was solely on removal of fuel subsidy rather than more pressing issues like corruption.

Btw, I must say that GEJ has definitely suprised me and has shown that he's no push over. I'm sure he has a copy of the ART OF WAR in his library. Anyway the lesson learnt from this whole saga is simple: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A QUIET MAN.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by ocelot2006(m): 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2012
Regarding the leadership of the NLC, I'm sure the FG dug up dirt against them, possibly payouts made to them by the cabal. I can only imagine how things were in Aso Rock, their sorry faces as the DG of the DSS/SSS presents evidence to them.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by M16: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2012
Never underestimate Stupidluck.lol. or you mean the greed of man(NLC&TUC). I thought stupidluck was posturing that he wouldn't shift his ground. One thing shaa his stupid jester hat became smaller after one week in the oven of strikes and warning from his head mistress(Hilary Clinton)
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by ollyruffy: 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
This question is better directed to our NLC/TUC leaders traitors to tell us if it was intimidation or their own business transaction (afterall the meetings with the cabal(FG) were held closed door) on the matter that made them betray nigerians.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by kaykaybaba(m): 5:58am On Jan 17, 2012
Ninapha:

Yea if we had understood the concept well we wd not hv wasted a whole week for no just cause. I REPEAT, SUBSIDY REMOVAL IS THE WAY OUT! [/b]when ppl accuse beaf of being paid to post on NL that is because we are opposed to the idea of subsidy removal and out protest against it, read my lips!, is a grave mistake which would give room for corruption and failure on the part of our government!

[b]Why not allow total removal of the subsidy so that we can hold them responsible if they fail to carry out their promises now.
what and where are u holding them Mr poster? when u quote me pls quote write better copy so u dont miss the contextual meaning!

#1 (bolded) Assumes there's a fuel subsidy in the first place. We've heard the same story since the days of IBB. Nothing has changed. Even if they jack it up to N200 per liter, they will still claim we're being subsidized. All they need to do is juggle the figures again. Simple question: Is the fuel that is locally refined also subsidized? If not, how does it reflect on the current prices?

#2 Exactly how will this be accomplished? From where I stand, there is NO WAY to call this government to order. They will do what they like, when they like, how they like.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Myself2(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2012
ehie:

@ beaf see goat like u.you come to a yoruba website and insult yorubas.

shocked shocked shocked
Wonders wonders
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by ocelot2006(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2012
I never knew Nairaland was a Yoruba site. Hmmm,
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Ninapha(f): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2012
kaykaybaba:

#1 (bolded) Assumes there's a fuel subsidy in the first place. We've heard the same story since the days of IBB. Nothing has changed. Even if they jack it up to N200 per liter, they will still claim we're being subsidized. All they need to do is juggle the figures again. Simple question: Is the fuel that is locally refined also subsidized? If not, how does it reflect on the current prices?

#2  Exactly how will this be accomplished? From where I stand, there is NO WAY to call this government to order. They will do what they like, when they like, how they like.

if u follow the trend in world oil market, u would understand where they are coming from.  I agree most times things are done without our consent or atleast putting us in the know, my dear that is where we can talk about revolution.  I agree revolution is necessary in such cases as corruption and insensitivity in this country.  What we are saying is we are fighting the wrong course. we should fight corruption, high and unreasonable allowances, unemployment, boko haram and all the problems not subsidy that would help lift our state.  

What the govt is saying is, the oil cabals should import and sell in other to stop:

-inflating of quantity imported

-paying for our consumption but rather

- To use the money to develop other sectors which would also create jobs for the unemployed
- To use the money to build good roads and hospitals etc
-  Encourage investors to build refineries which would make the market competitive in Nigeria.

Do u know these cabals would import  10 barrels and submit paper for 100 barrels besides the excess profit they make they also shortchange govt and there by shortchanging us. Its bad market for them so they are doing everything to stop the govt.

Look at what is happening in the communication and banking sectors today, its all because of  effective changes and policies like this one.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by oradee: 10:46am On Jan 17, 2012
actually, i feel the ''pro-subsidy'' crusaders should begin their protest to completely remove the subsidy because 5yrs down the road, they wld stil remind us how the nation is being run by ''subsidy'' and it then the new price wld be N300/lrt.
and btw, i heard the Boko Haram gun runner escaped  grin
ur GEJ visonaire is handling a wanted criminal with police boys and he deployed soldiers to lag to disrupt a peaceful protest.
#ur govt is truly working indeed Beaf  grin grin grin
i really wonder where the subsidy funds wld end up,
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by paragonpro: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2012
I do not blame the NLC/TUC for backing down. The GEJ had blackmailed them with the use of force (with military take over of Lagos before even the broadcast) and the charging of the protesters and their lead with treason, coupled with the fact that the protest had been polarized along ethnic and religious lines. The conflict would have been bloody and people would have held the NLC and TUC responsible.

Forget the international community, they can easily be bribed with free oil, afterall, IMF and worldbank fully supported subsidy removal.

So running away to fight another day was the best course of action available to labour/TUC
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2012
Yoruba owned site.sorry
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2012
Labour: we will shutdown oil production.

Asari Dolubo: You will what? Haa? Thank God o. Now, shut it down fast and vacate so we can take over. And when you leave, know that you are not coming back.

Labour: em, em, em, ,

Asari Dokudo: em, em, common speak out. What are you saying?

Labour: we will not shut it down again.

Asari Dokubo: now thats better. Smart boy!
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Obijulius: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
he issue of fuel subsidy has been adequately addressed and with the recent developments anyone who feels cheated shld do ryt tin: sue d govt or perform self-immolation(oh we won't see dat here!!! ).

Nigerians know better than 2 b deceived by faceless cowards typin away @ their keyboards and spewing all sorts of trash and hate.

D country is bigger than any of u. I'm so disgusted when seemingly mature pple attack d person and not d issue. U insult d President & all who r on d syde of sensibility.

This morning over 40m nigerians decided 2 giv their govt a chance & returned 2 work, we wouldn't let d misguided elements or astroturfs push our country back 2 d stone age. Nigerians av come of age. we will continue 2 engage ourselves in discussions dat will improve our lot & dat of generations 2 come.

And we shall do this via any media whether a "yoruba site" or hausa internet or igbo device.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by kaykaybaba(m): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ninapha I agree with the PRINCIPLE of fuel subsidy removal (as long as a subsidy exists in the first place). Notice that no one talks about existing refineries; even NNPC sells at unsubsidized price lipsrsealed
Also, the crux of the matter is simple: I don't trust the government 1 bit. Do you? They have consistently lied to us for more years than I've spent on this earth, so sorry, I'm just a bit too jaded to trust them.
@obijulius: 40m Nigerians didn't just decide to give the government a chance and return to work. They were intimidated and bullied. Make no mistakes about that. For what its worth, I sicerely hope I'm wrong and all the people who have decided to trust the government are not bitterly disappointed in the months to come.
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by Ninapha(f): 2:11pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ninapha I agree with the PRINCIPLE of fuel subsidy removal (as long as a subsidy exists in the first place). Notice that no one talks about existing refineries; even NNPC sells at unsubsidized price lipsrsealed
Also, the crux of the matter is simple: I don't trust the government 1 bit. Do you?
[quote][/quote]

Its good u agree with the principle. I sure believe there is subsidy if not the world oil market price for ethanol would be around 40cents(USA) but pls check comparative prices for ethanol and see if there is subsidy or not.

Yes Govt has betrayed us severally, I am not saying they wont again but we cant quit giving them the chance to prove otherwise untill we get there. And thanks for understanding with the most of us on the other side, we want to fight too but we are saying lets fight a right course: the implementation, lets fight their bogus expenditure, lets fight their insensitivity, Though i feel the course was wrong yet it maybe a led to the revolution we are asking for. I want to see a Nigeria that would pay unemployed graduates allowances, provide free medicals, i want to see a Nigeria where politicians are paid civil servants salaries and allowances, I want to see a Nigeria where the masses are respected and adored, I want to see a Nigeria where investors and entrepreneurs are at home to operate, I WANT TO SEE A NIGERIA WHERE BOKO HARAM IS AFRAID TO OPERATE BECAUSE OF TIGHT SECURITY NOT JUST IN ASO ROCK.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by smoothlips(m): 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2012
please does any one have a copy of the 2012 budget?
the one that was previously online has been removed
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by MAYOWAAK: 9:05pm On Jan 17, 2012
smoothlips:

please does any one have a copy of the 2012 budget?
the one that was previously online has been removed

http://el-rufai.org/2012/01/full-access-to-2012-budget-proposal/
Re: How Did Federal Government Intimidate Labour? by ak47mann(m): 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2012
noblezone:

Labour: we will shutdown oil production.

Asari Dolubo: You will what? Haa? Thank God o. Now, shut it down fast and vacate so we can take over. And when you leave, know that you are not coming back.

Labour: em, em, em, ,

Asari Dokudo: em, em, common speak out. What are you saying?

Labour: we will not shut it down again.

Asari Dokubo: now thats better. Smart boy!
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

You've Done Well, Osinbajo Tells Anambra Industrialists / Edo Election: Ize-iyamu, PDP Tenders Evidence At Tribunal / I call Ugwuanyi ‘Junior Jim’, says Jim Nwobodo’s wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.