Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam (960 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Myth Of 72 Virgins In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Maisuya1: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2012
Well I Was just thinking about what I enjoy doing most as a MUSLIM and decided to start this topic so that other Muslims could share their ideas and inspirations too. Here we go;

For me my proudest aspect of islam is the SALAT/prayer! The beauty in it for me is the fact that everywhere on this earth is considered as a masjid by Muslims. Let me share a personal story of praying on top of a mountain HUASHAN china.

I used to stay in china, and I must confess it is the most naturally beautiful place on earth.(don't take that to the bank). One me and my friends went site seeing in xi'an home of the terracotta worriors, (it's one of the seven wonders of the world - u need to see them). We decided to go mountain climbing on the breath-taking HUASHAN (one of the five sacred montains in china). The east peak was over 2000meters high it took us 9 hours to get to the peak (half way I regreted starting the climb coz I was so tired and too scared to go back alone). So almost to the top, I had already missed ZUHR and ASR PRAYERS and it was almost sunset. The higher we went the more narrow and rugged the mountain got.
At this point I was tired, hungry, scared to death ( I had just finish crying inside that I might fall off and die sad ). At this point we I was LITERARILY in the clouds and small particles of snow were stoping. So I decided IF I DIE TODAY I MIGHT AS WELL DIE AFTER PRAYING ZUHR AND ASR smiley
So after making dry ablution as there was no water and my friends were far ahead, I SAT AND PRAYED SITTING ON THE CLOUDS AND WITH THE SNOW COVERING AS MY MANTLE smiley

IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND PEACEFUL PRAYER I HAVE EVER HAD AS IF I WAS IN HEAVEN AS THE CLOUDS PASSED UNDERNEATH ME.
I must confess I couldn't pray standing coz I was scared I will start feeling dizzy and fall from 2000 meters above sea level - not at all an appealing thought wink

So that's me praying on HUASHAN precipitous mountains. LETS HERE YOURS, ANYTHING!
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by LagosShia: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
i think i can cite two:

when i recite the shahada in prayer or outside prayer.

when i drink water and i say:"May Allah's curse be upon the one who oppressed you O Imam Hussain".Imam Hussain (as) was martyred in a state of thirst and deprived of water.

these sentences make me feel relieved and proud to be Muslim!
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
Mai-suya:

Well I Was just thinking about what I enjoy doing most as a MUSLIM and decided to start this topic so that other Muslims could share their ideas and inspirations too. Here we go;

For me my proudest aspect of islam is the SALAT/prayer! The beauty in it for me is the fact that everywhere on this earth is considered as a masjid by Muslims. Let me share a personal story of praying on top of a mountain HUASHAN china.

I used to stay in china, and I must confess it is the most naturally beautiful place on earth.(don't take that to the bank). One me and my friends went site seeing in xi'an home of the terracotta worriors, (it's one of the seven wonders of the world - u need to see them). We decided to go mountain climbing on the breath-taking HUASHAN (one of the five sacred montains in china). The east peak was over 2000meters high it took us 9 hours to get to the peak (half way I regreted starting the climb coz I was so tired and too scared to go back alone). So almost to the top, I had already missed ZUHR and ASR PRAYERS and it was almost sunset. The higher we went the more narrow and rugged the mountain got.
At this point I was tired, hungry, scared to death ( I had just finish crying inside that I might fall off and die sad ). At this point we I was LITERARILY in the clouds and small particles of snow were stoping. So I decided IF I DIE TODAY I MIGHT AS WELL DIE AFTER PRAYING ZUHR AND ASR smiley
So after making dry ablution as there was no water and my friends were far ahead, I SAT AND PRAYED SITTING ON THE CLOUDS AND WITH THE SNOW COVERING AS MY MANTLE smiley

IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND PEACEFUL PRAYER I HAVE EVER HAD AS IF I WAS IN HEAVEN AS THE CLOUDS PASSED UNDERNEATH ME.
I must confess I couldn't pray standing coz I was scared I will start feeling dizzy and fall from 2000 meters above sea level - not at all an appealing thought wink

So that's me praying on HUASHAN precipitous mountains. LETS HERE YOURS, ANYTHING!

wow! mashaAllah. what a beautiful story.

I sure love being a muslim and am proud of being a muslimah. alhamdulillah. when I started reading your post, i wasnt sure what my own proudest moment is, but you gave me a hint to it. there's more though.

my story

during eid al fitr, i went out with my friends(live away from home so eid had to be with friends). on getting back, it was late and the others had gone to where they live. i looked into my purse, trying to bring out my keys only to find out they were not there. i could not enter the house and it was late. I called my landlord, and she was not in the house.i could have been scared but i wasnt. and i ddnt have d phone numbers of the other pple living in the house.i stayed @ d gate knocking,hoping someone would hear. then, I remembered i had not prayed ishai.

By this time,I was very tired and angry. I knew ishai could be delayed and I had enough excuses not to pray it then But what came to my mind is the hadith i av known that every position of prayer would stand for us on the day of judgement and I didnt want to lose the opportunity. I stood up and prayed at the gate and just as i was saying my taslim, like a miracle, someone walked by, a neighbour and opened the gate, and before u know it,i was in.

@ that moment, i felt very very happy.
What could av ended as a bad day ended as a happy one for me. I was happy that i ddnt start making such silly remarks as, God, y me?? and i ddnt allow the anger, the tiredness keep me away from the worship. i was further reassured of my faith in God, as every situation is a trial and the way we work it out goes a long way!!
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Maisuya1: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Lagosshia, I luvd that one on the shahada, it shows how much conviction you have, not like some who say it daily without really knowing the essence of it. I pray Allah makes our imaan complete and our conviction truthful.

@deols, that's a beautiful ordeal, the first thing that came to my mind when reading it was the verse "indeed with every hardship comes ease"

Good to be reading from peeps, this is my first time in here, keep it up
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by tpia5: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
I think my own proudest moment of Islam would be when there's some technological advancement attributed to a muslim scientist, and which makes life better for everybody. And that doesnt come with religious overtones of course.

For example, if someone could resolve the constant lack of power supply in nigeria.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by LagosShia: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
Mai-suya:

@Lagosshia, I luvd that one on the shahada, it shows how much conviction you have, not like some who say it daily without really knowing the essence of it. I pray Allah makes our imaan complete and our conviction truthful.

ameen!
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
tpia@:

I think my own proudest moment of Islam would be when there's some technological advancement attributed to a muslim scientist, and which makes life better for everybody. And that doesnt come with religious overtones of course.

For example, if someone could resolve the constant lack of power supply in nigeria.

all u needed was google madam.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by namfav(m): 4:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
definitely prayer their is a masjid not far from were i stayed over 2 weeks, it was in a man from bangladesh house, and i had found the directions online, i went their and it was all south asians, i think it was one of my best experiences, it seemed like i was the first west african or non asian to be there, everyone shared there numbers, i got invites to visit homes (especially when i said i was not american), they asked me about all kinds of things, i learnt alot as well from them, when i left the man (i will never forget his name) threw a small farewell party with everyone that prayed their (about 9 people), some of them had left work, it opened my eyes on alot of things on the ummah and i still have some of their contacts and we speak atleast once a year
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
namfav:

definitely prayer their is a masjid not far from were i stayed over 2 weeks, it was in a man from bangladesh house, and i had found the directions online, i went their and it was all south asians, i think it was one of my best experiences, it seemed like i was the first west african or non asian to be there, everyone shared there numbers, i got invites to visit homes (especially when i said i was not american), they asked me about all kinds of things, i learnt alot as well from them, when i left the man (i will never forget his name) threw a small farewell party with everyone that prayed their (about 9 people), some of them had left work, it opened my eyes on alot of things on the ummah and i still have some of their contacts and we speak atleast once a year

islamic brotherhood is one without a match. I feel like shedding tears too when i see Muslims of different nations doing the same thing at the same time. My last i'tikaaf was great. I was overwhelmed with emotions.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by tpia5: 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
deols:

all u needed was google madam.

help me out ma'am.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by namfav(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
it is one of those things   that you tell your children too, to grow up with, putting smiles on strangers even at a masjid or just street is pricesless with many rewards, last year we invited a guy that reverted for dinner, there is no better satisfaction than making someone happy in any way because you know they will pass it on, i agree with you sis

deols:

islamic brotherhood is one without a match. I feel like shedding tears too when i see Muslims of different nations doing the same thing at the same time. My last i'tikaaf was great. I was overwhelmed with emotions.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Judek2(m): 6:01pm On Jan 19, 2012
What I enjoyed most and still enjoying is JIHAD cool

Once I shout Allah akbar, every body trembles,and all legs take to their heels grin cheesy
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 6:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
Judek2:

What I enjoyed most and still enjoying is JIHAD cool

Once I shout Allah akbar, every body trembles,and all legs take to their heels grin cheesy

aww! dats pretty cool. u probably never knew that the day u decided to go into a tertiary institution, u were embarking on a jihad.

And sometime ago, when during an exam, u did not remember the answer to the question asked and rather than cheat or ask someone else, u fought the desire to and just wrote what you could remember.you didnt realise too that, that actually is the best of jihad. the one in which you fight your nafs(human desires).
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Judek2(m): 7:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
deols:

aww! dats pretty cool. u probably never knew that the day u decided to go into a tertiary institution, u were embarking on a jihad.

And sometime ago, when during an exam, u did not remember the answer to the question asked and rather than cheat or ask someone else, u fought the desire to and just wrote what you could remember.you didnt realise too that, that actually is the best of jihad. the one in which you fight your nafs(human desires).

Actually,my type of Jihad is the type Mohammad taught us. The one we shout Allah akbar grin grin

I never knew there is one practiced in the exam hall, maybe thats your own inventinn.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
Judek2:

Actually,my type of Jihad is the type Mohammad taught us. The one we shout Allah akbar grin grin
[b]
I never knew [/b]there is one practiced in the exam hall, maybe thats your own inventinn.

hmmn! I knew your posts are out of ignorance. u sure dont know what jihad means just like u dont know what many of the Islamic things u speak about mean. get some education on islam, or simply ask questions here rather than just rambling over unconfirmed(from Muslims of course) gists that you hear of Islam and Muslims. if you cant do the above, I'd advise u keep mute. That way, you would not sound dumb(am not saying u are) next time.

now, learn the true meaning of jihad here-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-776347.0.html
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Judek2(m): 9:27pm On Jan 19, 2012
As you just marked my "I NEVER KNEW" and based on it for comments also shows how dumb you are.

Now i say, I NEVER KNEW you are so dumb.
I expect On your next comment,you may say that I didnt know because I am so dumb.You may even provide links to prove my ignorance. grin

Hohohoho,thats exactly how Mohammadians reasons. Anyway, any paintings to nicely portray to Jihad is a fallacy, so quit it.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2012
^^ehya, pele. ddnt know it would be so hard on you. at least you now know what jihad is.

@op, my favorite day(so am proud of it) is always  the one I start with tahajjud and then the whole day  filled with one activity or the other that at the end of the day, I feel great, having spent it well.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by BIGERBOY1: 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
Pls ignore the guy Jude. I was enjoying reading from others until he tried derailing the thread. Let's move on jor.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by zayhal(f): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
Great inputs. Well done deols.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by Judek2(m): 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Pls ignore the guy Jude. I was enjoying reading from others until he tried derailing the thread. Let's move on jor.

Whatever tongue tongue

I was so suprised nobody mentioned Jihad,afterall its the bedrock of a true muslim.

@Deols, Please tell me more about Jihad. cheesy Any other apart from the Allah akber enchantation and the one practiced in the exam hall. grin grin
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by vedaxcool(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
BIGER BOY:

Seconded, this Jude guy has a logical problem syndrome

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=272767.msg9941379#msg9941379
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by tbaba1234: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
The best moment is probably when i go for fajr at the masjid:

Americans, Arabs, Europeans, Africans, Asians stand up to pray to their lord before the sun rises,

It shows the beauty of the deen. Masha Allah. smiley
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by IbroSaunks(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2012
I'm not sure I know what to say, I guess every time I do something that's in accordance with Islamic teachings, I feel proud to be a Muslim.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by tpia5: 10:42am On Jan 22, 2012
^^most honest answer so far.

i believe every muslim feels proud when they do something that's in accordance with their personal understanding of Islam.
Re: Your Proudest Moments Or Aspect In Islam by deols(f): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2012
zayhal:

Great inputs. Well done deols.
kiss kiss kiss
tpia@:

^^most honest answer so far.

i believe every muslim feels proud when they do something that's in accordance with their personal understanding of Islam.
a shrink in d house

@op, am always proud when I c young Muslim children perform acts of worship.

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Double Life Of A Hijabi / Is Drug, Perfume And Other Materials That Contains Alcohol Usable For Muslims? / Fatwa On Blowjobs. Is It Permitted For My Wives To Give Me blowj0b As A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.