Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,454 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10885 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2007
willy charlie, as d true son of igboland u claim 2 be, lets speak with igbo 4 sometime
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
There is a thread for that. grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
your case is the case of 'my papa say we be igbo'
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2007
lol
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by toksdam(m): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2007
welcome development i am proud of those who are behind this ,so when and where is the launching taking place,please just ignore those, ,,, / thank God the manufacturers didnt come to the forum to get encouragement,
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya i dey with you my brother.

FSU don broke, he no fit go cybercafe again, e remain willwilly
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by labiyemmy(m): 3:15pm On Oct 12, 2007
why igbo made - why not call is Nigerian made - racist @poster
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Mariory(m): 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2007
evergie:

grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya:

your case is the case of 'my papa say we be igbo'
hahahaaa, blindness na bad thing.
my papa/mama IBO, no bi there i dey.
my own bi sey.( I'm proud to see this Jeep and Bus roll out in the town). any block head who don't want to see it should stay endless blind.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2007
@labiyemmy:

I cant believe peeps are really stuck up with this Igbo made tag grin

Ok we will go one better, Aba made cars cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2007
evergie:

abi Ribadu don catch am 4 cybercrime?
oga i no follow ooo grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by WesleyanA(f): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2007
we yorubas will have to wait till a "yoruba made automobile" comes out before we can celebrate.
since i guess this one is a "igbo" success.

i hope that when that happens, civil war #2 won't break out over which "tribe"'s jeep is better than which. tongue
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by naijaking1: 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
WesleyanA:

we yorubas will have to wait till a "yoruba made automobile" comes out before we can celebrate.
since i guess this one is a "igbo" success.

i hope that when that happens, civil war #2 won't break out over which "tribe"'s jeep is better than which. tongue

You're allowed to celebrate with the Igbos for their 'jeep-success' No need to wait for a Yoruba jeep. The Yoruba can make airplane, ship, rockets; and they should try. Why should there be another civil war over jeeps?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2007
naijaking1:

You're allowed to celebrate with the Igbos for their 'jeep-success' No need to wait for a Yoruba jeep. The Yoruba can make airplane, ship, rockets; and they should try. Why should there be another civil war over jeeps?

Are you trying to SCARE THE LIVING DAY LIGHT OUT OF US ALL
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by naijaking1: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2007
No.
Everybody in naija should try to produce something. That's the best way to attract respect and appreciation for those who have succeeded. It's not an Igbo thing or a Yoruba thing.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by WesleyanA(f): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2007
naijaking1:

i was just being sarcastic.lol don't mind me. cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ochocinco1(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2007
There is actually a Yoruba jeep in production.

There are calling it FEYINGBOLE 2.0 EVOLUTION.

I think the name is quite apt, what do you think?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2007
I see nothing wrong in it being an Igbo thing or a Nigerian thing. Just as I see nothing wrong with it being a Chinese thing or an American thing. To me it is all the same and is not a problem at all. An Ibo made car will always be an ibo made car to the people in the country, now when you escape the borders of the country, then we get to it being a Nigerian made car and when you escape that, you might get the African made car tag on it.

Debating the rights of Ibos to claim this victory is absurd. They own it and it is theres and they should be able to put that tag on it. If the yoruba's make a car, they should also come up with a tag of their own and same with the hausas and the others. With that hopely we can generate some healthy competition that might help revolutionize the Nigerian car industry.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by presido1: 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2007
Na wahoooo.
Which way Nigeria? When OBJ banned the importation of cars more than 10 years in the country, i thought he was encouraging initiative for us to try and manufacture ours cos 99% of Nigerians cannot buy imported cars less that 10 years old. Now somebody has taken that initiative, instead of us all to give him support, empower the company to come out with something that can at least satisfy our need, some people are here condeming his brain child.

The issue of safety should not disturb us as SON will first satify it ok before he rolls them out into the market. If it is not tested ok then it will be illegal to bring it into the nigerian market or any market world over. DELL computers recalled some laptop battries cos of safety issue and Land Rover did same to http://www.newcar.com/2005/land-rover/freelander/recalls/index.html some freelander in 2005. We must start somewhere, My father use to tell me that when you try you dont succed try, try and try again.

China started with fake but today every electronic shop world over stocks chiness made products even must british companies are being taken over by the fake chiness manufacturers(Rover in Longbrigde Birmingham).

If you feel that the jeep is fake cos is made in igbo speaking state after the being certified by SON then dont buy as no body is forcing anybody to buy what he/she does not like. If you are a public transport user when you see the bus please dont enter,wait for moluwa,danfo or faka as variety is the spice of choice.

Almondjoy or whatever you have said bye bye to the thread for more than three occasion but you keep on coming back, i think you like igbos and their products. Enjoy!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2007
@labiyemmy:

Ah-Ah---labiyemmy?  No more beautifying Lagos? tongue  I agree with you 100%.  Igbo-made sounds negatively tribalistic.  Though some erudite sons of soil now swear it is a thing of pride to be tagged "igbo-made".  Once upon a time we would have been at war in Nigeria for using such terms.  Well let us congratulate "them" for being less sensitive.---Igbo Kwenu oh!

presido1:

Na wahoooo.
Which way Nigeria? When OBJ banned the importation of cars more than 10 years in the country, i thought he was encouraging initiative for us to try and manufacture ours because 99% of Nigerians cannot buy imported cars less that 10 years old. Now somebody has taken that initiative, instead of us all to give him support, empower the company to come out with something that can at least satisfy our need, some people are here condeming his brain child.

The issue of safety should not disturb us as SON will first satify it ok before he rolls them out into the market. If it is not tested ok then it will be illegal to bring it into the nigerian market or any market world over. DELL computers recalled some laptop battries because of safety issue and Land Rover did same to http://www.newcar.com/2005/land-rover/freelander/recalls/index.html some freelander in 2005. We must start somewhere, My father use to tell me that when you try you don't succed try, try and try again.

China started with fake but today every electronic shop world over stocks chiness made products even must british companies are being taken over by the fake chiness manufacturers(Rover in Longbrigde Birmingham).

If you feel that the jeep is fake because is made in igbo speaking state after the being certified by SON then don't buy as no body is forcing anybody to buy what he/she does not like. If you are a public transport user when you see the bus please don't enter,wait for moluwa,danfo or faka as variety is the spice of choice.

Almondjoy or whatever you have said bye bye to the thread for more than three occasion but you keep on coming back, i think you like igbos and their products. Enjoy!!

And why not if I see some people have common sense coming in here.  When we had all the "igbo made" Nairalanders like yourself, it got boring for a while.  So which one is your own if I come back or not?  Am I not a Nigerian? We  are never people of or words so why are you shocked?  I  can  change my mind 200 times in one thread if I want to.  Please go and win your own Nobel Prize for your observation! wink  Or are you afraid to miss "my companionship" for good if I leave? shocked  Just say the truth and let the devil be shamed!!!!

Please you are not saying anything new here so please move!

Gosh I really miss Laudate!!!! cry

naijaking1:

Because there is always a battle for 'tribal supremacy in amongst Nigerians given any topic.  Like some of us care about that--especially when you have nothing to show for it!!!!Empty porous vessels!!!!

Kobojunkie:

Are you trying to[b] SCARE THE LIVING DAY LIGHT OUT OF US ALL[/b]

Oh?  Aba can make jeeps but Ijebu cannot be trusted to make airplaines?   Why are you scared? tongue

This is really getting frightening, like Borishade did not cause enough havoc in the aviation sector sacrificing Nigerians to his "sky gods"?
shocked
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by WesleyanA(f): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2007
Debating the rights of Ibos to claim this victory is absurd

victory over who? tongue
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya:

abi Ribadu don catch am 4 cybercrime?
oga i no follow ooo grin

About time! What a noxious tribalist! angry

Uche2nna:

I can't believe peeps are really stuck up with this Igbo made tag grin

Ok we will go one better, Aba made cars cheesy

That is the true spirit.  Much better. wink

ocho cinco:

There is actually a Yoruba jeep in production.

There are calling it FEYINGBOLE 2.0 EVOLUTION.

I think the name is quite apt, what do you think?

And you say you are "igbo-made"? tongue  Don't worry, we know who you are---liar!  Please can we have a more traditional name in the native dialect.  Such as "ochanga romero"? cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ochocinco1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2007
@ALMONDJOY

Agaracha must come back. Na so we talk am grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2007
ocho cinco:

@ALMONDJOY

Agaracha must come back. Na so we talk am grin

I thought as much!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin--You are one heck of an "agaracha"!!!! Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. I could not miss that Nairaland "grin" any where in this world. It grins with a purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect whiteness!!!! I hope "all agarachas are here to stay" this time. Glad to have you back. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2007
Look some jobless KNAVES feeding fat on idleness. I got state-of-the-art meets to take care of than prattle with the likes of Almondsorrow and evergie AKA ogalanya whose lives are already ebbing out.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2007
FSU:

Look some jobless KNAVES feeding fat on idleness. I got state-of-the-art meets to take care of than prattle with the likes of Almondsorrow and evergie AKA ogalanya whose lives are already ebbing out.

Hope your deal falls through and you catch that "mugu" from your cyber cafe in Umudim!!!! cheesy We know about all your state of the art meets!!!! LOL- lot of love 419ner!!!
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:09pm On Oct 12, 2007
thresa8:

FSU is dimcod.

Like you know! grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2007
@ almondjoy

U used to be fun when u were babeelove, u know lipsrsealed
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2007
Uche2nna:

@ almondjoy

You used to be fun when u were babeelove, u know lipsrsealed

I see! Do you practice Igbo made "yoga"? wink
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2007
Anyway, it is not fair to start screaming racism. I don't even know what that word means in this context undecided

When other regions were busy referring to any inferior goods as Igbo made , everybody took it as a norm. Now reverse psychology is coming into play. The Igbos are now racist for using the same word  cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2007
Uche2nna:

Anyway, it is not fair to start screaming racism. I don't even know what that word means in this context undecided

When other regions were busy referring to any inferior goods as Igbo made , everybody took it as a norm. Now reverse psychology is coming into play. The Igbos are now racist for using the same word   cheesy

Like everything in Nigeria, we keep going around in circles!  Here we are trying to get away from negatives like "igbo made" to show more patriotism and some are clamouring for the "Igbo" attachment to goods and service when we all know that the terms are degoratory?  I just do not understand.

There is nothing flattering about the terms "igbo-made".  They connote inferiority and outright tawdriness.  So getting away from such nonsense is a start if these goods are to be patronized by Nigerians other than the "igbos"!  Someone like willy willy is just too much of an irritant to market any goods  made by any tribe he may belong to.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2007
Uche2nna,

Why waste time with that slut (she once confirmed it), Almondjoy(sorry sorrow)? She is a lost cause. Badly irredemable good. It is her like who hide drugs in their ''TOTO'' and get caught at MMA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies / Atiku Well In Kano-photos / Oby Ezekwesili: "Citizens Of Nigeria Are Not Ready For Good Governance"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.