Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December (10889 Views)

Saraki Rocks Made In Aba Attire, Cruises Nigerian Made Jeep (PHOTOS) / LASTMA Officials And Bus Driver Battle It Out In Lagos Traffic. Photos / Niger Delta Amnesty Due To End In December- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 11:07pm On Oct 11, 2007
@ denex

Maybe lol does not mean laff out loud? At least that is wat FSU is trying to make us understand

@ almond
Which mango tree? shocked shocked

Tell me U have never patronized any "Igbo made" good and I will shut my trap grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2007
:d :d ;d :d ;d ;d :d ;d :d :d ;d :d
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 11:34pm On Oct 11, 2007
Uche2nna:

@ denex

Maybe lol does not mean laff out loud? At least that is what FSU is trying to make us understand

@ almond
Which mango tree? shocked shocked

Tell me You have never patronized any "Igbo made" good and I will shut my trap grin

Ask "nwando de nwando" about the mango tree! wink

Yes I have patronized Nigerian made goods--I do not like the words "igbo-made".  See the mischievous poster used the derogatory terms "Igbo-Made Jeeps"?  cheesy   We  are not talking of "Idaho Potatoes", "Florida Oranges" or "Georgia Peaces" here.  Nothing to do with sectionalism BTW.  Just where the factories happen to be located.  Aba made jeeps even sounds better.  I am more concerned about the credibility of these manufacturing  plants like the cases we have coming up from China now.  From which factory in Aba? shocked  Located where?  Since when? What type of standards do they adhere to?

Having patronized the Nigerian goods, I aways regretted it because they ended up causing me more grief only because the manufacturers did not put in the slightest efforts into making those goods.  Emphasis on quantity not quality.  A car that will transport people all over Nigeria is not what I will fool with just to please a certain tribe's ego.

Have you ever slept on the Nigerian made "mattress"?  --- Teju foams or Mouka foams or whatever they are called now? shocked  You can never, ever find "YOUR SLEEP NUMBER"  on those mattresses!

Bottom line--let us take our time and get things right.  You do not wake up one day and decide to jump into manufacturing cars.  My problems is that they whole idea has too many safety concerns not which part of Nigeria makes it! kiss  When we have a service excellence committment culture, then I can take such things seriously.  At least over her, vehicles are re-called yearly and manufacturers take responsibility for their actions.  If you lose your life accidentally due to some manufacturing defect or the other--you will be taken care of somehow.  In Nigeria?--You and your God!

Kobojunkie:

:d :d ;d :d ;d ;d :d ;d :d :d ;d :d

wink
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2007
I like using made in Nigeria stuff when they are up to standard. For instance, I don't eat imported noodles, I don't smoke foreign cigarettes and I don't drink foreign made beer. I don't eat imported meat and that includes corned beef and minced meat. I wear mostly Nigerian made clothes except for my jeans and T-shirts.

However, where Nigerians manufacture things that are obviously substandard, I reject them and warn against them.

I'm still infuriated at the "LOL" used by the original poster. Then the way in which "Igbo-made" was used, it came with a singular aim which was derogatory.

There was a time our locally made gin was tagged as "illicit gin" just because it was reducing the market share of the imported London Dry Gin.

Abeg, if these cars start rolling off the factory, I may just buy one. That's if it's any good. People, keep me informed.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 2:36am On Oct 12, 2007
@ almondjoy

I understand ur concerns about safety issues and they are absolutely genuine concerns. That is where the Government must come in. They are the ones responsible for regulating stuff like this. If somebody comes up with a good concept , it is the government's role to evaluate that concept, make sure it attains some certain standard. The Govt can also make thier own recommendation to ensure that the concept sees the lite of the day. To me this concept is commendable. Of course there would be room for improvement which is ok.Remenber, the idea was dat the engine would be imported and the other body parts would be locally produced. I dont think that is overly ambitious.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 2:41am On Oct 12, 2007
Thank God for aba made. grin grin grin
How on earth can the average man afford "Gucci" and "prada"
They have their purposes,fullstop!
almondjoy mind yourself.

aba made has it's place
even America get aba made.

haven't you seen those perfumes that say

"If you like chanel no 5 you'll like fantastica"

or "if you like giorgo ,you'll like googoo"

what are they ?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by NINETOFIVE(m): 4:56am On Oct 12, 2007
Una see me trouble oh! how fast things changes, now Igbo made is a word people don’t want to hear, how ironic? now Igbo made is a word that could derive so much envy and antagonism, I could remember when I was little, in our family business, Yoruba folks used to come around and mock us that they don’t want[b] GBARUFF [/b]or IGBO MADE [i.e inferior products], Taiwan products comes to mind at this juncture, apparently every great nation started from some where, all the Igbo liberals that blindly want to skulk or get on with the Nigeria program or try’s to agree with imbeciles just to belong should think again, we don't need Nigeria, we need to reach out to other African countries, once the project becomes a hit in continental Africa chikena. I 've always been a realist. this highly voluble thread with all the candidates that are ever ready to flout the Igbo race is very explanatory, we can all work together as African's, but nation? Nah, I cant really see where all the patch patch relationship would get us all.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2007
Aba-made is Igbo-made. I am proud of that.

For all you brain-lazy folks who do not know of other meanings of lol and yet will not learn, take a look at:

http://www.cryer.co.uk/glossary/l/index.htm

lol=lots of love (which I have for Igbo-made goods).

How can I derogate Igbo (my own) products and yet argue for them so trenchantly, as can be attested to in the foregoing?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Uche2nna(m): 6:47am On Oct 12, 2007
Thanks for sharing that information.
U dont have to be insultive U know.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Kanto: 6:49am On Oct 12, 2007
Almond joy or whatever he calls himself is a typical African slave full of tribal jealousy, the same phenomenom that has kept Africa and the blackman down.

Instead of encouraging initiatives by fellow Africans, all he sees is the negative side,yet even as i write ZINOX computers and other products are being highly patronised in Nigeria and beyond without any complaints.

Almondjoy does not want to take any initiatives, yet he wants quality products.
How can you improve if you dont begin?

I wonder what would have become of Taiwan,Singapore etc if they had abandoned all their manufacturing initiatives because of negative doomsday mentally inferior slaves like Almondjoy?

Today they are having the last laugh.

Because Almondjoy comes from a moronic tribe that has tomato for brains such that they cannot conceive the production of chicken shit, he wants to keep others at the same level.

But he would be shocked  to know that 90% of everything he wore from sunglasses to shoes, to belts etc while he was in Nigeria was Aba made.

For the avoidance of doubt, a slave is not only someone physically shackled but also those of them so mentally shackled that they beleive  only the whiteman can produce everything. Almondjoy falls into that category.He deserves all our sympathy.

In conclusion, any goods produced by Igbos will continue to be proudly known as Igbo made because Igbos are not in the least Nigerians.

The fact that Igbos can even  dare to create and produce in an environment where most other tribes are saddled with tomato for brains capable of only slaughtering  fellow human beings up-North at the slightest pretext is a testimony to the superiority of the Igbo race.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by FSU: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2007
@Uche2nna

My apologies. I only got pissed that people will not read before they jump up to accuse.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2007
As for those that find made in Nigeria goods ridiculous, especially designer clothing, well, funny enough, there's a clothing company from Holland that comes to my aunt's tailoring enterprise in Ikeja.

They select all the best tailored shirts in large quantities, buy them at about $10 each, then take them down to Holland where they brand them and sell them for about $60.

Some people will see these clothes in the Netherlands today and praise their quality. But in Nigeria, they will call the same products Igbo-made (even though we're Edos), or Aba-made (even though her factory is in Lagos).

Abeg, some made in Nigeria goods are far better. Though some too, I won't advice.

When is this car coming out? Make I go check am out? December abi? I hope it's good. I'm looking to buy a truck next year. Though I fancy the new Toyota Hilux, I'm looking forward to what NTM, ANAMMCO and this new company.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2007
almondjoy:

That one?  willy willy?  The type no one should invite to a family get together. I do not even know how to describe that one---666 on the forhead of tribalism!
Uncle TOM, Good morning.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2007
according to claude ake 'we cannot develop by catching up with d west', whatevever developmental strategy dat we employ must be home grown, lets develop an entirely new approach not by importing finished engines & u call it igbo made, lets focus more on human development, reorientation & security, by so doing, our intellectual exiles -- the emeagwalis will find it worthwhile to come home, then you can talk of sustainable development. this igbo made stuff is an attempt by some greedy capitalists to futher develop undevelopment. FSU before u reply, go and study marxism to understand d meaning of development
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2007
We, the igbos lost the civil war because of people like FSU who only fights before and after d war, only 2 run away during d war grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya:

We, the igbos lost the civil war because of people like FSU who only fights before and after d war, only 2 run away during d war grin
Hahahaha @ogalanya you too much jare.

@FSU
you talk from the two sides of your mouth.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2007
may the souls of  FSU, willy willy, nwando plus others that will use this igbo made cars and the souls of d faithfuls departed, through d mercy of God, rest in peace
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya:

may the souls of FSU, willy willy, nwando plus others that will this igbo made cars and the souls of d faihfuls departed, through d mercy of God, rest in peace

Amen
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2007
At least nairaland will miss them
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by denex: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2007
@evergie

are you sure FSU's mouth only has two sides?
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by almondjoy(f): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2007
nwando:

Thank God for aba made. grin grin grin
How on earth can the average man afford "Gucci" and "prada"
They have their purposes,fullstop!
almondjoy mind yourself.

aba made has it's place
even America get aba made.

haven't you seen those perfumes that say

"If you like chanel no 5 you'll like fantastica"

or "if you like giorgo ,you'll like googoo"

what are they ?

I see. Hmmmm! nwando--Aba companies are hiring, don't you want to go and help out? What do you think? tongue

ogalanya:

may the souls of  FSU, willy willy, nwando plus others that will this igbo made cars and the souls of d faithfuls departed, through d mercy of God, rest in peace

I wish the thread will R.I.P. too!

Uche2nna:

@ almondjoy

I understand your concerns about safety issues and they are absolutely genuine concerns. That is where the Government must come in. They are the ones responsible for regulating stuff like this. If somebody comes up with a good concept , it is the government's role to evaluate that concept, make sure it attains some certain standard. The Govt can also make their own recommendation to ensure that the concept sees the lite of the day. To me this concept is commendable. Of course there would be room for improvement which is ok.Remenber, the idea was that the engine would be imported and the other body parts would be locally produced. I don't think that is overly ambitious.

That is my main concern.  The government cannot regulate itself in Nigeria not to talk of other aspects of society.  Well I have said all there is to say.  When you guys buy your cars--just keep me posted on how you are doing, hopefully not from the morgue.  I do not handle "ghosts" too well. cheesy
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2007
denex:

@evergie

are you sure FSU's mouth only has two sides?

It seems he even talk through his nose. This we will find out from his next post.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2007
@Ogalanya, evergie, & uncle Tom(almondj). Men of Darkness, Children of JUDAS, as you guys had chosen that way, good Luck!.
See how foolish you people are, IBO'S are trying all their best to cure your Blindness and Blockhead, but Idiots want to remain blind.
Come! Was that a curse to you people, that you can never advance or see light?. na wah o!!.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2007
willy willy abi charlie charlie, are u more igbo than me? i guess u are a half caste --- half igbo & half kalabari. you are an igbo and uwazuruike is still in detention? Agwo tugbuokwa gi, onye ara nwuru anwu.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2007
@Willywilly
Anu ohia di ka gi, im a proud son of igbo extraction. If this was yestayears your father would have sold you out to slavery. you're worthless to the igbos, what have you contributed to the total development of the igbos? Been an igbo im fighting this idea for those innocent igbos that will be deceived into buying a moving coffin.
You never can tell, if the idea happens to see the day light the victims might be my uncles, friends, siblings, etc

you are such a fool
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2007
infact willy willy, declare your assets lets know your stake in igboland
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2007
evergie:

@Willywilly
Anu ohia di ka gi, im a proud son of igbo extraction. If this was yestayears your father would have sold you out to slavery. you're worthless to the igbos, what have you contributed to the total development of the igbos? Been an igbo im fighting this idea for those innocent igbos that will be deceived into buying a moving coffin.
You never can tell, if the idea happens to see the day light the victims might be my uncles, friends, siblings, etc

you are such a fool

Idiot keep on deceiving yourself, as you said blindness is the way good for you. Ok! but soon you will fall inside a pit. Ode.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2007
ogalanya:

infact willy willy, declare your assets lets know your stake in igboland
We already know that of Googluck and yar'adua, willywilly over to you assets time, grading time.
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ochocinco1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2007
willywilly:

Idiot keep on deceiving yourself, as you said blindness is the way good for you. Ok! but soon you will fall inside a pit. Ode.

LOL

Perhaps you have got Naija in your psyche more than you care to admit. No be Yoruba you dey talk so. grin
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2007
evergie:

We already know that of Googluck and yar'adua, willywilly over to you assets time, grading time.
My asset is a Stupid, Foolish Son called Evergie, Ode
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by evergie(m): 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2007
Stupidity has a name-willywilly-
you are on ur own lil' mama lol
Re: Lol: Igbo-made Jeep And Bus To Be Launched In December by ogalanya(m): 2:29pm On Oct 12, 2007
evergie, fire on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Acn/gov Fashola In The Lead In Lagos, As Results Trickle In. / Man Tattoos Coat Of Arms On His Back / PDP Meeting Was Futile - Anti-Jonathan Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.