Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke (11678 Views)

Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair / You Can’t Succeed Without Ndigbo, Senator Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2012
Senator Gbenga Obadara yesterday called on the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke to resign or be redeployed to another ministry to allow the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) free hand to investigate the payments of N1.3trillion subsidy on petrol and kerosene last year.

The call is sequel to the letter by Mrs. Alison-Madueke inviting the anti-graft body to probe all imports subsidy payments on fuel and kerosene.

Obadara, who represents Ogun Central Senatorial District on the platform of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the Red Chambers spoke in Abuja in an exclusive interview with The Nation.

According to the Senator, Mrs. Alison-Madueke ought to step aside to allow for “decency”, “probity” and “transparency”.

Obadara said: “The way forward is what they have just started and I can tell you, the Minister of Petroleum cannot approbate and reprobate.

“She is not supposed to be on that seat while that investigation is being done by the EFCC.

“Morally, she is supposed to be removed to another Ministry if the President still wants her to be a part of his government.

“In that, there would be probity. In that, Nigeria will see that for the first time we have taken the bull by the horn. We must take the bull by the horn.

“Let a fresh blood be injected into that Ministry. Believe me, if you have character, even elected and appointed people, we should have character to say no when we are being confronted on things that bothers on national issues.

“It means the President must have done much. It is like who comes to equity, goes with clean hands. If this has been there for these very good months and nothing was done until when this issue of subsidy removal came up and you are writing on the 12th of January to EFCC as if she just resumed that office last week.

“And mind you, it was during her tenure N1.3trillion was spent as subsidy. No! She should be able to have decency to step aside and let a clean job be done.”

Earlier, Senator Obadara bemoaned the huge economic loses that attended the one week labour strike and street protests saying they could have been avoided through wise counsel.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33685-resign-now-senator-tells-alison-madueke.html
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Akwasi(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
Good advise
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Muttex(m): 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
Well said jor, my senator let us impeach her nowwwwwwww,
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Fhemmmy: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
Why advise someone to quit if you know the person has done wrong . . .  Why not just arrest and try in the court of law?
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by DrKnow1(m): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
deleted
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
expect threatening phone calls from asari dokubo and more noise from ms briggs
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by olaezebala: 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
Thy shall no not be a judge in thy case. Best advice is for her to resign and not to be redeployed.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2012
Resign for where mba nunu? When it is obvious that all her nefarious activities were carried in collabo with her boss. Nigerian leaders lack dignity to resign when a situation warrants instead they will look for cover up from Presidency.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Atigba: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
That Woman should resign?or Risk been  sacked because she is one of the carbal that loot Subsidy money, After the Investgation Nigerians shall feel what am talking aboutoften all she was my formal landlady, ?
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by keemness(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
@oyb, noise from ms briggs indeed. Very annoying,
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by McMichael: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dezeani Allison Madueke`s Double Standard: Pics of sons private jet lifestyle http:///wDhzXL
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Why advise someone to quit if you know the person has done wrong . . .  Why not just arrest and try in the court of law?

Where is EFCC abi she get immunity ni ?
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by McMichael: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
Dezeani Allison Madueke`s Double Standard: Pics of sons private jet lifestyle http:///wDhzXL
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by obowunmi(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2012
She should be arrested and put in KIRIKIRI prison.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Baawaa(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
dem say GEJ dey bang her!!no be me talk am oo
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Pukkah: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2012
The honourable thing for her to do is either to resign or be redeployed to another Ministry but is she honourable? Are they honourable?
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by adeyak83(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2012
Resign ke, if  truely dis govt. are ready to fight corruption, she shld also be prosecuted and sentence if guilty.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by maki(f): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2012
keemness:

@oyb, noise from ms briggs indeed. Very annoying,

oyb:

expect threatening phone calls from asari dokubo and more noise from ms briggs

pardon me please what did Mrs Annkio Briggs say that was annoying, just curious to knw if u dont mind,
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by kokoA(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
I can bet with anybody here that she will not resign and GEJ will not say anything. embarassed This whole probe thing sef will soon die a natural death.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Ninapha(f): 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2012
I support she resigns but wait  ooo  if she is not guilty what happens? she becomes the next president and Obadara look, we are not stopping at Mrs. Madueke, Even you, we need your records, your allowances, ur constituency quota management, and all ur unnamed ojoro. Its time to know who is who.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by kaysy(m): 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2012
Hope the House will listen to his comment and do something about that, it's very good he made this point and i love it
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by 989900: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2012
In a good country both the finance and petroleum minister, MD NNPC and co. and Governor of CBN would be answering very good questions related to financial misappropriation in some state intelligence service
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by dustydee: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2012
I agree too.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by laidol(f): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2012
In serious nations, she would have resigned but am sure, the whole thing would die a natural death, na today?

People should have known by now that GEJ is incapable of fighting corruption and boko. He can only fight d unarmed masses with soldiers.

i dint vote pdp, i voted gej tongue
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by dplordx(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2012
You berra watch it. Very soon, some Niger Deltans group sponsored by our Reno Omopkri and GEJ will soon have placards saying: Leave our Oil Daughter Alone.

The same poor and lazy argument tendered by every loser American black ive ever met. They claim they are a victim of their society. Beaf has been selling the same pattern.
Claim the victim when you are losing. LOL. How, the oil belongs to just them ALONE. Duh. I thought the oil in brasil was found is in their eastern region called Guamare, while Kish is another minority region in Iran with their biggest reserve. And the Northern part of Iraq where you find the Kurds, another minority holds all the oil, while same goes with Libya and Venezuela and Saudi Arabia.
Its only in Nigeria you see a mad president who believes his repelled policies was a result of stereotyping and racism. As if the lil pryck and his loud mouthed hypocrites tribes were the reason he got into power. If it wasnt for Obasanjo's strong support and rallying, as well as the backing of the Ibos; Atiku would have crushed GEJ like the little cockroach he was then.
All the same, losers are never short of argument. Im still waiting for BEAF to come earn him living, Lets see how you spin this.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Kx: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2012
Kx:

Should nt Allison Madueke "step aside" for this investigation to be all inclusive if it is to achieve anything meaningful at all.

I said the same thing yesterday.
How can we have a clean probe while she is still there for crying out loud?
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Rich4god(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
Why haven't they called for the resignation of security personel/police officers that have failed to protect the nation. SMH.
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by sylve11: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
Kx:

I said the same thing yesterday.
How can we have a clean probe while she is still there for crying out loud?

i feel u cool
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by uss25dec: 4:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
people dnt resign in Nigeria, especially, going by d lucrative post she is occupying. and dats anoda corruption on its own.
in a civilised world, wen such issues r up in public, d minister or anyone who is in charge wud honourably resign or suspend himself/herself, pending on d determination of d case by an indipendent body.
shame to her, shame to Nigeria embarassed
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by solihu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
grin My presido chikala!
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by Chookym(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2012
Gbam!
Re: Resign Now, Senator Tells Alison-madueke by codedguy1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Why advise someone to quit if you know the person has done wrong . . . Why not just arrest and try in the court of law?

The advise is based on the fact that she ought not to be there while the investigations are being done. It would be premature to arrest her now. Hard facts need to be revealed so that she would have no hiding place.

She will not resighn, presidency go wan take style cover up, but this time they will not succeed. it looks like the presidency is in the know sef.

GEJ might just be feeling that he should have been business as usual instead of bringing this subsidy thing up, a whole lotta other issues will be unearthed. Na God go catch all of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Group Drums Support For El-rufai On Anti-godfatherism / Reps Minority Caucus Passes Vote-of -Confidence On Ndudi Elumelu & Others / 2023: Atiku To Formally Declare Presidential Aspiration On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.