Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye (1940 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by chosen04(f): 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

While I was still a lecturer at the University of Lagos, I wrote a private letter and wanted to insert it into an official envelop but my heart stopped me. Even when I asked, “How much does an envelope cost anyway?” the voice asked me rather to go and buy my own. How alive or sensitive is your heart? When you arrive at your office at 9:00am but record 7:30am, does your heart prick you? When you take your spouse’s money with the intention of not informing him or her, does your heart prick you? When you ask or receive gratification (bribe) for official duties you perform, does your heart prick you? Father, circumcise my heart and make it yielded to the voice of your Spirit.

Source:: Facebook Page.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by chosen04(f): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2012
Pastor

So your heart does not prick you while your pray for corrupt Politicians and present them as saints before your sheep?

^^^^^^^^^And your heart did not prick you to speak out when the shoeless fellow you prayed and presented as a saint held the country hostage with the so called fuel subsidy removal?

I WEEP . . . . . . . .
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by NicolasN: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2012
In fact, rather than bringing a blessing to our leader, it appears to have brought curses upon him.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 19, 2012
chosen04:

Pastor

So your heart does not prick you while your pray for corrupt Politicians and present them as saints before your sheep?

^^^^^^^^^And your heart did not prick you to speak out when the shoeless fellow you prayed and presented as a saint held the country hostage with the so called fuel subsidy removal?

I WEEP  . . . . . . . .
you are getting it all wrong, pls.
Pst. Adeboye is a pastor and leader to all.
Inasmuch as the physical church is open to everyone including sinners, politicians, pros.titutes, Christians, backsliders, etc. Then, we cannot say that the pastor has compromised God's standard when he prays for such people. Or when has it become a crime to pray for our political leaders? Jesus dined with sinners, his disciples etc.

Maybe, we should stop this criticism and pray more for our leaders, lifting up holy hands. They need our prayers, too.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by TeeJay6(m): 9:32am On Jan 19, 2012
chosen04:

Pastor

I WEEP . . . . . . . .
Madam, your post shows just how ignorant and bitter you are! Praying for leaders is part of the work of a pastor, 1Tim. 2:1-4; or what about Jesus visiting the corrupt Zacchaeus in Luke 19:1-10? It is not the fact that he prays for them that is the issue but whether his association with these people makes him compromise his stand with God.
To say he "presents them as saints before your sheep" shows just how ignorant you are, you show me just one occassion where he portrayed these people as saints,
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by dare2think: 11:07am On Jan 19, 2012
OlowoTee:

Maybe, we should stop this criticism and pray more for our leaders, lifting up holy hands. They need our prayers, too.

Indeed they need our prayers, to swindle our monies and budget 1billion naira for food.

We pray for them whilst their children fly about in private jets.

They really need our prayers.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Kx: 11:09am On Jan 19, 2012
May be its time we started praying MFM prayer, all the die die prayer for the enemies of Nigeria whether they be leaders or followers.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
Does Adeboye's heart not prick him when he twists scripture and manipulate his congregation into believing tithing is mandatory for all christians?
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by TeeJay6(m): 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Does Adeboye's heart not prick him when he twists scripture and [b]manipulate his congregation i[/b]nto believing tithing is mandatory for all christians?
Wrong sir!
He does not need to twist scriptures at all, all he does is to tell them what the bible says, what he practices and leave the people to decide whether or not they want to comply. Believe it or not it is the pastor's duty to emphasise the scriptures and as such I'd expect his heart to prick him if he decides to backdown on what he wholly believes to be mandatory just because people like you are offended by the truth.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^^
How won't he believe it when he is a chief beneficiary of the tithing scam? It still remains a fact that tithing has no place in the gospel of christ and any preacher that preaches it as such is preaching a false gospel.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
Tee_Jay:

Wrong sir!
He does not need to twist scriptures at all, all he does is to[b] tell them what the bible says[/b], what he practices and leave the people to decide whether or not they want to comply. Believe it or not it is the pastor's duty to emphasise the scriptures and as such I'd expect his heart to prick him if he decides to backdown on what he wholly believes to be mandatory just because people like you are offended by the truth.

But nowhere does the bible ask us to Tithe in the New Testament.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by TeeJay6(m): 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
frosbel:

But nowhere does the bible ask us to Tithe in the New Testament.

Pastor Kun:

^^^
How won't he believe it when he is a chief beneficiary of the tithing scam? It still remains a fact that tithing has no place in the gospel of christ and any preacher that preaches it as such is preaching a false gospel.
That you hold this belief does not make it a fact!! People like the aforementioned strongly believes that tithing is a biblical doctrine and not only practices it but also teaches and admonish people to do so, now this is his personal conviction.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
Let's even assume that tithing is applicable to christians, why doesn't he preach it as it is taught in the bible? As in tithes based on harvest and animals to be given to the widow, orphan, stranger and levite? Why must he twist it to suit himself and tell us it is based on monetary income strictly to be given to the 'church'. Is that not twisting of scriptures? Does his heart not prick him when he subverts the word of God?
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by TeeJay6(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Let's even assume that tithing is applicable to christians, why doesn't he preach it as it is taught in the bible? As in tithes based on harvest and animals to be given to the widow, orphan, stranger and levite? Why must he twist it to suit himself and tell us it is based on monetary income strictly to be given to the 'church'. Is that not twisting of scriptures? Does his heart not prick him when he subverts the word of God?
Before I respond to this^^^, provide me with an excerpt/DVD/CD of any of his teachings on Tithing, Especially the ones where the highlighted part above can be substantiated.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2012
AS A CHRISTIAN AND BECAUSE OF MANY FALSE/ MAN-MADE TEACHINGS AND DOCTRINES, I DECIDED TO DISCIPLE MYSELF AND DIG DEEP INTO THE WORD OF GOD. I USED TO PAY TITHE IN THE PAST BUT I FOUND OUT IN GOD'S WORD THAT TITHING DOESN'T BLESS THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH BUT FREE WILL GIVING DOES. PEOPLE OF GOD, MANY CHRISTIANS TODAY ARE NOT BLESSED B'COS THEY ARE TITHING AS RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES THAT ARE YOKED ON THEM BY RELIGIOUS LEADERS. FREE WILL GIVING BLESSES NOT TITHE. MANY CHRISTIANS WOULD BELIEVE AND FOLLOW THEIR PASTOR/RELIGIOUS LEADERS RATHER THAN FOLLOW GOD AND HIS WORD. JUST BECAUSE A PASTOR LEADS YOU OR IS FAMOUS DOESN'T MEAN HE IS 100% RIGHT IN WHAT HE TEACHES. PLEASE STUDY THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF, IT MIGHT TAKE YOU SOME TIME TO GET THE TRUTH BUT SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH IN GOD'S WORD. I DID THIS INTENSIVE STUDY HERE:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-848459.0.html
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by TeeJay6(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
goshen360:

AS A CHRISTIAN AND BECAUSE OF MANY FALSE/ MAN-MADE TEACHINGS AND DOCTRINES, I DECIDED TO DISCIPLE MYSELF AND DIG DEEP INTO THE WORD OF GOD. I USED TO PAY TITHE IN THE PAST BUT I FOUND OUT IN GOD'S WORD THAT TITHING DOESN'T BLESS THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH BUT FREE WILL GIVING DOES. . PLEASE STUDY THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF, IT MIGHT TAKE YOU SOME TIME TO GET THE TRUTH BUT SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH IN GOD'S WORD. I DID THIS INTENSIVE STUDY HERE:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-848459.0.html
Good for you, I have also done an extensive research into the bible/God's precepts and have come to the conclusion that
1) God is the same yesterday, today & forever
2) Tithing was not initiated by Pastor E A Adeboye or any other minister for that matter; and as such I don't need anyone to coax me into complying, I do it willingly and joyfully
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
Tee_Jay:

Before I respond to this^^^, provide me with an excerpt/DVD/CD of any of his teachings on Tithing,  Especially the ones where the highlighted part above can be substantiated. 

Stop trying to be smart by half we all know how tithes is preached and practised in rccg and other penterascal churches. And it is based on monetary income strictly given to the 'church' promoting the false doctrine. We both know that there is no biblical basis for this as such preachers like Adeboye twist the scriptures, panel beat it here and there and give false excuses for twisting scripture just to achieve their greedy objectives. The Question remains, doesn't his conscience prick him when he  twists scripture justify monetary tithes.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by muyoto: 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2012
na wao ! just the mention of 'tithe', and some people's blood pressure starts shooting up. . . grin
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by PastorKun(m): 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
muyoto:

na wao ! just the mention of 'tithe', and some people's blood pressure starts shooting up. . . grin

The fact remains that tithes as it is preached today, remains the biggest institutionalised fraud in the history of mankind and it constitutes a big embarrassment and contradiction to true believers of the gospel of our lord Jesus christ hence the need to fight it and expose it for the fraud it is.
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
How many articles will we open on tithing , almost a million or so if you ask me grin grin
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Goshen360(m): 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The fact remains that tithes as it is preached today, remains the biggest institutionalised fraud in the history of mankind and it constitutes a big embarrassment and contradiction to true believers of the gospel of our lord Jesus christ hence the need to fight it and expose it for the fraud it is.

You are in the spirit. Tithing as far as the new testament believers are concerned is Old testament segregation, where preachers take some part and leave some things. Doesn't it surprise us that it doesn't take Jesus to teach tithe if Jesus wanted us to practice it. Jesus didn't came for the "good" most today's preacher came for "food".
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 20, 2012
dare2think:

Indeed they need our prayers, to swindle our monies and budget 1billion naira for food.

We pray for them whilst their children fly about in private jets.

They really need our prayers.

Lol at your ironic reply. smiley but, really that is the best thing you can offer them. Prayers could make them do the right thing and forsake their wrong ways. It's no gainsaying that some leaders, pastors have compromised their stand for God, however, It is not of me nor any man to JUDGE them, in so doing we might do it the wrong way and suffer greater damnation. I believe that same God who called them to the task should be allowed sole responsibility of inquiring into their works, holding them accountable for their every act.

This reminds me of the story of David and King Saul that despite the many errors of Saul, David never look down, castigate nor talk ill of SAUL. He respected God's anointing on Saul till the very end. Likewise, Christians shouldn't 
be perturbed by the ill ways of some contemporary leaders. we should play our part by obeying God's injunctions and leave God to deal with the rest.  cool
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by ogajim(m): 1:28am On Jan 20, 2012
I worship at an RCCG parish currently, "worker" too if you want to know but I don't pay tithe no matter who preaches it because it is UN-BIBLICAL doctrine that's man-made. I don't have to be in the "club" or anything like that so I do what comes naturally to me in terms of helping folks with anything I can, anyone looking for VALIDATION or AFFIRMATION from their "Pastor" or is into titles like "Deacon" might want to follow their doctrine so they can benefit from that. I only have to PLEASE God not man.

They will soon start quoting Malachi, lol, Bearean Christianity is what we need not follow follow one.

Shalom!
Re: Does Your Heart Prick You? . . . . . . . . . . .pastor E. A. Adeboye by Nobody: 1:33am On Jan 20, 2012
money matter has always been a serious issue, maybe that is why "tithing" is :/

(1) (Reply)

Evangelist Helen Ukpabio Attack Prophet T.B JOSHUA / Christians..... .your God Is An Idol Of The Hills / SERMON Jotters:mystery Of Divine Interruption{revival Service} -dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.