Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

What Is Man's Greatest Invention? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Man's Greatest Invention? (11007 Views)

What Is The Greatest Invention Ever? / What Is Your Favourite Invention? / Religion Is The Greatest Invention Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by PHIPEX(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
This is a question that occured to me in the course of a discussion with someone today and truely, am not sure of my own answer. I argued that Man's greatest invention is MONEY cos to the best of my understanding, it has transformed the course of human existence infact the Bible described the love of it as the root of all evil.
Pls what do you think is man's greatest invention and why?
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by emiye(m): 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2012
fire
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Arosa(m): 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2012
computer!
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't consider money to be an invention in a real sense. Life would be arguably impossible without a means of exchange, and that's why some sort of money has always existed from the beginning.

Anyways, the INTERNET is one heck of an 'invention' if you think of it.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by jason123: 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2012
Religion.

Humanity and her wars are shaped by Religion.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by jmaine: 11:33pm On Jan 18, 2012
I would have gone for religion . . .but heck no, . . . it is . .

[size=28pt]     Technology[/size]

Cos our life revolves around this . .even Religion . . .

And this greatest invention is threatening man's existence on Earth  cry  . . . .
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Akwasi(m): 12:31am On Jan 19, 2012
It is the wheel
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by PHIPEX(m): 7:30am On Jan 19, 2012
emiye:

fire

Was it man that invented fire? I thought it's nature.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by HyeBits: 8:29am On Jan 19, 2012
PEN is the greatest invention of man.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2012
Religion
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by norrisman: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2012
Aeroplane. I still marvel at an A380 taking off and staying up there for up to 15hours. I know people will say its physics and all that but I think it is witchcraft (white)  grin
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by norrisman: 8:33am On Jan 19, 2012
@jmaine

Didnt you go to school or was it a case of u not listening? Technology is not an invention! Lokito
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Jan 19, 2012
Its between

Religion and Science (technology). . . .

Gun to the head choice and I will go with Religion. . . .  It would always find a way of controlling the people irrespective.

Control the mind, control the world. Religion wins!!  
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jan 19, 2012
For me, the greatest invention so far is electricity smiley. The enormous advancements that have occurred in the last 200 years would never had been if not for electricity.

1 Like

Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by eghost247(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2012
Technology
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by eprynce(m): 8:49am On Jan 19, 2012
For me, man's greatest invention is ELECTRICITY! It's what has driven our world to where we know it to be now and will continue to do so till the end of time.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by GideonG(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2012
[center]FOOD[/center]
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by bejo2k: 8:51am On Jan 19, 2012
Well i think a man's greatest invention is his kids, i don't really have any yet, but when i do they would be my best work ever
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Mobinga: 8:52am On Jan 19, 2012
jason123:

Religion.

Humanity and her wars are shaped by Religion.

WWI was shaped by religion?
WW2 was shaped by religion?
How many of them were caused by religion?
Stop blaming religion for mans stupidity.

Most of what you term "Religious Wars" are "Ethnic Wars".
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by emmydee(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2012
internet
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Godmann(m): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2012
Sorry, I honestly see organised Religion as Man's Greatest evil on earth. I hold it responsible for most of the wars, man has fought. I hold it responsible from holding millions of people back from realizing their full potentials. I admit that Religion is the foundation of morality. But pure religion and true morality is not in tune in any way from organised Religion. By Organised Religion I should count from Catholic church, which I am a member of, originating from the Western Church of Emperor Constantine and most of the major Religion on earth.

To me, the committed and will continue to commit the offence, Christ condemned in the Bible when he said: Woe to you Pharisees and Sadducees ,

I think man's Greatest invention is "Division of labour". By this I mean the principle that derives, not just our currency (money), not just our factories, but is at the very foundation of all technological inventions. Without division of labour and its inherent ability to tie individual pieces of invention to make a whole, man's great technological inventions would not have been.

Call it cars, Airplanes, Internet, robotics, etc . None will be possible without the ability to interconnect different pieces of inventions to make a whole; and most importantly, none would have been possible without the ability for different people to excel in little things, and some to excel in coupling into whole.

So to me, man's greatest invention is the ability to cooperate and integrate into whole, which derives from that of "Division of Labour".
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Pinnacle(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2012
NAIRALAND is man's greatest invention
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by emmydee(m): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2012
In fact,
Electricity
Internet
aeroplane
GSM
computer
419 etc
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by bright007(f): 9:06am On Jan 19, 2012
[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/custom/image/grey%5E_%5Earial%5E_%5E0%5E_%5E0%5E_%5ETHE ANSWER IS ME!%5E_%5E.gif[/img]
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by cajet81: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2012
Coruption! Because it has affected every being, even animals and environment also.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by freecocoa(f): 9:11am On Jan 19, 2012
GideonG:

[center]FOOD[/center]
HUH?

@Topic
ELECTRICITY, without it I don't think there would be so many other inventions.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by xanadu333: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2012
black magic from baba osha in ijebu-land cool
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by koolkamzzy(m): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2012
ELECTRICITY

COMPUTER

INTERNET
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Knight1(m): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2012
i think GUN.
To produce a missile moving at such speed is just marvelous which in turn gave birth to other weapons, rockets and satellites we use for internet and other communication services.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by norrisman: 9:21am On Jan 19, 2012
Technology is the making, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques,
crafts, systems or methods of organization in order to solve a problem.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by 27naira(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2012
The Atom bomb (nuclear bomb)

when the population of the earth has surpassed optimal, it will be used to "reboot" the earth.

True story! embarassed
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by daroz(m): 9:30am On Jan 19, 2012
Electricity & internet. Without these, d world would have still been a jungle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

---- / School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> / How To Download Youtube Videos In Any File Formats - Youtube Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.