Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Is Man's Greatest Invention? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Man's Greatest Invention? (11010 Views)

What Is The Greatest Invention Ever? / What Is Your Favourite Invention? / Religion Is The Greatest Invention Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Koolking(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
Unarguably, Religion has been man's greatest invention. Religion predates electricity. People then believed life was fab (without electricity) and no other life would be better than theirs. Electricity and other technological inventions are offshoots of religious influence.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by speeddater: 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
All of una dont make me vex go reset my password so i can post.

Electricity was discovered and harnessed. It was NOT INVENTED. Analogy - Tomatoes were discovered but tomato soup was invented

If you mentioned something that does not exist in nature like internet, mobile phones, aircraft you are right. If you mentioned something in nature (visible or not) you  are mentioning a discovery

in·vent

verb (used with object)
to originate or create as a product of one's own ingenuity, experimentation, or contrivance: to invent the telegraph.
to produce or create with the imagination: to invent a story.
to make up or fabricate (something fictitious or false): to invent excuses.
Archaic . to come upon; find.

Whether or not religion is an invention is discussion for another day
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by na2day(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
ZIPPER!
It's as simple as that!
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by chikend(m): 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
SUBSIDY.   Period!
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Sirniyeh(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
Invention! Well, you have all spoken well. But I will give you all %50 pass mark. This because all the answers given are secondary. If there is no human being there will be no all inventions mentioned.
The greatest God's invention is MAN. Therefore the greatest Man's invention is discovering of sex-act to produce his likeness. That's the greatest primary invention of man!
In a nut shell, SEX is the answer. How did man discover that woman has a hole that can, ? Did you read where God ever instruct them on how to fulfill the purpose of creation? God only ordered them to be replenish and fruitful but Man invented the mean,
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by 1stknight(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
Olodo full NL, Who invented electricity? To all those shouting electricity
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=13pt]THE CELL PHONE IS THE GREATEST THING MAN EVERY INVENTED. BECAUSE U CAN TALK LONG DISTANCES WITHOUT TRAVELING grin[/size]
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Calamama: 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
For a long time many Nigerians would say, ball-bearings. And they were not far wrong.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by emmerks(m): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Gun is the greatest invention, man has been able to shape the world with it. Religion is only a way of life like culture, guns were used by the colonialist who later introduced religion as a means of suppression.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by jidesiko: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
2 me i wil like 2 go 4 education.d amouth of knowlege u have wil determin how great u wil be
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
grin grin grin

1stknight:

Olodo full NL, Who invented electricity? To all those shouting electricity
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Samunosuke(m): 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
For me it all comes down to the basics.The ©TOILET™ is mans greatest invention ever.Imagine living in a city where you had to drive 50 miles just to take a dump.That's a terrifying proposition.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Basics007: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
I'll go with Fire. Men would still be gathering fruits by now if not for Fire. Moreover nearly every other invention has been moulded in one way or other by Fire
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by pcicero(m): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Lie
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by MissyB3(f): 1:59pm On Jan 19, 2012
Basics007:

I'll go with Fire. Men would still be gathering fruits by now if not for Fire. Moreover nearly every other invention has been moulded in one way or other by Fire
Fire was discovered, not invented by man.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by seguun(m): 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
@everyone think about it, the PEN Is the greatest man's invention.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by LordReed(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
Some people can be really silly; SEX is an invention? Soon dumbass will come and tell us pooing is an invention. SMH

For me I'd say man's hands down greatest invention is the TRANSISTOR. It is the basis for all Electronics, Microchips, Integrated Circuits and in progression computers and the internet.

If man had not invented the Transistor there'd be no information age.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
@1stknight "Olodo full NL, Who invented electricity? To all those shouting electricity"

I accept that electricity exists in nature but at least you should have a clue about what we meant when we mentioned it as one. Apart from the invention of writing and letters, Man's ability to Harness and generate electricity should inarguably be the greatest invention of all times. Even phones and the internet will be a big joke without such a great invention. cheesy I am a to-be electrical engineer, so I know what I am talking about. smiley
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by afm4ever(m): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
Electricity
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by eghost247(m): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=20pt]Olodos Breeze Don Blow Wedon See Fowl Yansh[/size]
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by 1stknight(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2012
ekwah:

@1stknight "Olodo full NL, Who invented electricity? To all those shouting electricity"

I accept that electricity exists in nature but at least you should have a clue about what we meant when we mentioned it as one. Apart from the invention of writing and letters, Man's ability to Harness and generate electricity should inarguably be the greatest invention of all times. Even phones and the internet will be a big joke without such a great invention. cheesy I am a to-be electrical engineer, so I know what I am talking about. smiley
Bros i understand you, but it should have been "the greatest invention is electric motor invented by faraday" apart from lightning which is  a natural phenomena of electricity.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by humblebee: 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2012
SAME SE.X MARRIAGE,
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
condom
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by Arosa(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
Computer is everything. think about it guys. cool
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by OKbobo: 2:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
The wheel.
it is even used as a proverb - trying to reinvent the wheel.
other inventions have been reinvented, but not the wheel.
Fire, electricity etc were not inventions of man. Man simply sicovered them.
Fire is one of the natural elements of earth.
the natural elements are: wood, fire, metal, water and earth.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by speeddater: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2012
humblebee:

SAME SE.X MARRIAGE,  

grin lwkmd

True talk
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by iukpe: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Man has excelled in many ways through technology. Sitting back to consider. I would say the biological valve used for assisting the heart is the greatest.

Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by speeddater: 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Some people can be really silly; SEX is an invention? Soon dumbass will come and tell us pooing is an invention. SMH

For me I'd say man's hands down greatest invention is the TRANSISTOR. It is the basis for all Electronics, Microchips, Integrated Circuits and in progression computers and the internet.

If man had not invented the Transistor there'd be no information age.

You may just be right, almost everything else mentioned needs a transistor or similar deceive to run. One the other hand it seems man needs religion to run, religion will give you a run for ur money.

Na between transistor and religion o. Who go settle am?
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by MIDAS43: 2:57pm On Jan 19, 2012
Man greatest invention is "LIES". A Liar is the greatest Inventor because he needs to invent thousands of lies to defend one.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by pinnochio(m): 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
walahi the greatest invention of man is the NIGERIAN FUEL SUBSIDY. Imagine how many people go don buy yatch inside!!!

Invented by who you say? We shall soon find out.
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by reloboy(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Man greatest invention is Electricity cause there is nothing of technology dat doesn't require electric current
Re: What Is Man's Greatest Invention? by BigMeat2: 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
RICE
SEX
INTERNET
ELECTRICITY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos In Any File Formats - Youtube Secrets / School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> / How Will You Spend Your Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.