Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today (6415 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Ministerial List: DSS Screens Odimegwu, Falana, Utomi, Others From Punchng.com / INEC Manipulating PVCs To Favour Buhari, Says Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by kay2000(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2012
What's this whole ethnic bigotry for? This has been the bane of progress and development in this country. Its a shame its still been practice amongst the new generation Nigerians especially on this forum. What a shame!
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by sugardaddy1(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2012
ajogbemi:

pls ,just be very careful.The soldiers may temporarily be taken over by an unconfirmed,nameless and faceless demon may pull the trigger leading to casualties.This is not needed at all. Pls be very careful.
[img]http:// [/img]
You can tell that to NLC & TUC members
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by sugardaddy1(m): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2012
FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS FROM SOUTH SOUTH AND THEIR ALLIES IN SOUTH EAST.

Questions for Annkio Briggs, Muhajid Dokubo Asari and other aspiring ethnicist dilettantes: (1) where were you when Gani Fawehinmi and Femi Falana defended Ken Saro-Wiwa at the tribunal? (2) where were you when Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana, Yinka Odumakin, Biodun Sowunmi, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Joe Okei-Odumakin, Tolu Ogunlesi, Chxta Bee, Okey Ndibe, and thousands of Nigerians across the ethnic divide at home and abroad, fought to rescue Goodluck Jonathan from Yar'Adua's cabal and Hurricane Turai? (3) where were you when Femi Falana took on the defense of Henry Okah? Occupy Nigeria is bigger than Goodluck Jonathan. Occupy Nigeria is bigger than your ethnicist reductionism. Goodluck Jonathan is the President of Nigeria, not the President of the Ijaw or the Niger Delta and Nigerians have the right to hold his feet to the fire, especially if we are not satisfied with his performance. You have no right to insult the legitimate and patriotic desire of the Nigerian people for structural and systemic change with your ethnicist caterwauling.

- By Prof. Pius Adesanmi
----------------------------

Where were they when GANI FAWEHINMI fought another Yoruba man OBJ to rescue me in 2002\2003 from OBJ's detention facility? Where were they when OBJ's 3rd term ambition got d greatest bashing from d South West? They are BUT a bunch of shameless jingoists and clannish Activists.

– By Chris Nwaokobia Jnr VI.

---------------------------

"We have to tell ourselves the truth and stop blaming the North for the problems of the Niger Delta. The west doesnt do that. They told OBJ the truth.

I support resource control too, but we must realise what exactly is our bane in developement.

Our states collect almost 35% of resources accruing to this nation. We have NDDC a federal government commission saddled with the developement of the o, il producing areas. We have Ministry of Niger Delta wholly dedicated to the affairs of our region. We have had a President of the federal republic of Nigeria who is our son, for almost 2 years now. I will also mention the Amnesty programme because my people have said it is a development worth mentioning. With all of these,HOW FAR HAVE WE PROGRESSED?

Our Governors are not Northerners. Our council chairmen are not Northerners. Our Legislators are not Northerners. Our contractor brothers who take money for contracts and never do the jobs are not Northerners. Our chiefs who liase with the oil companies to cheat our communities are not Northerners. WE ARE OUR OWN BIGGEST PROBLEMS.

Our brothers and sisters in positions of relevance have encapsulated themselves in GREED AND SHAMELESS CORRUPTION. And we the ordinary people have refused to see through this decietful jamboree.

Look here Brothers, if we cannot account for our 13% derivatives, there is certainly no way we can account for 50%.

There is dirt in our eyes too, we must remove it before attempting to remove that in others.

God bless Nigeria!"
-By Eze Basil Chinwendu Oluo #2015votewisely#
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by kkkossy(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2012
Gone are those days when I use to be proud of my country nigeria. Where everything seemly looks simple but complex enough to apprehend. A country of great wealth and resources only robs itself.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 19, 2012
Utomi lost my respect a long time ago. He is now very sentimental.  Soldiers are not hurting anyone, they are there for security and I support the presence of those soldiers. Its better to have soldiers than to have violence.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by java002: 10:16am On Jan 19, 2012
I'm loving this!! The clueless GEJ probably cannot recollect that some of this people fought the military regime to a stand still and it will not be too much problem for them to put his govt in total disarray if he continues to foolishly recruit more enemies from amongst the rank and file of the nigerian population. Sooner than later he will realise that he cannot use the threat of soldiers to resolve civil disquiet.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by LEXYLOV: 10:28am On Jan 19, 2012
@Nchara

Not that some igbos didn't among the subsidy protest in Lagos or somewhere else. But at the SE and SS the home of ndigbo this protest was completely abandon while the igbos Governors and leaders systematically turn the issue into ethnic issue in favor of GEJ administration. And you know that majority carried the vote. If igboland against something who are the few igbos outside? That was the reason many people says that igbos against the subsidy protest.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by java002: 10:30am On Jan 19, 2012
LeoMax:

Soldiers are not hurting anyone, they are there for security and I support the presence of those soldiers. Its better to have soldiers than to have violence. I lost a side mirror to miscreants before

And you think soldiers were brought in so that you dont lose the second side mirror. The man who sent in soldiers is both unaware of you nor does he have your interest at heart when he decided to send in soldiers; they are meant to shore up his fears and protect his interest. It is the police that is meant to ensure that you dont get harm or lose your side mirror again and not soldiers. The police is for civil rule and not soldiers but they are out in the streets to fill up the emptiness of our clueless president.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by lekanolas: 10:47am On Jan 19, 2012
Pls, update us as the protest progresses.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by AOE123: 10:51am On Jan 19, 2012
Good move. There is no cogent reason for the deployment of soldiers to some streets in Lagos.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Kolababa: 10:54am On Jan 19, 2012
RELATE THE STORY BELOW TO NIGERIAN DEMOCRACY AND THE DEPLOYMENT OF TROOPS TO STOP PROTESTS:
Once upon a time, fox used to fear cockerel. One day, cockerel asked fox why it didn't want to come near cockerel. Fox replied;"I have phobia for the red fire on your head". Then the cockerel laughed and said; "that thing you called red fire was not a fire. It is my COMB, the most delicious part of my body". Immediately the fox  confirmed that the cockerel's comb was not a fire, it descended on the cockerel and killed it.
This implies that Jonathan is indirectly telling the military that Nigerians are helpless if they overthrow the government.
NOTHING CAN HAPPEN!
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by solihu(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2012
grin walahi if to say whisky no too much for Jona, all he needs to do here is provide them with refreshment tongue

Well, I hope all these drama will serve as an eye opener for the electrates, who think good governance is tied to chance, sentiment or clasping of their palms with few nairas as against track records
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by solihu(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2012
grin walahi if to say whisky no too much for Jona, all he needs to do here is provide them with refreshment tongue

Well, I hope all these drama will serve as an eye opener for the electrates, who think good governance is tied to chance, sentiment or clasping of their palms with few nairas as against track records
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by lekanolas: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2012
"Defy the Dictator" rally is on. The deputy speaker of the Lagos state house of assembly has just addressed the crowd. They are now heading to Ojota with the A list of activists in Lagos

Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by lekanolas: 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
Soldiers fired teargas at "Defy the dictator" protesters but the protesters stoodd their grounds.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by lekanolas: 12:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
Defy the dictator protesters form a human chain marching towards the soldiers despite the teargas
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by solihu(m): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
shocked shocked shocked are you for real @ lekanolas
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by member479760: 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
$ugardaddy:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR OUR BROTHERS & SISTERS FROM SOUTH SOUTH AND THEIR ALLIES IN SOUTH EAST.

Questions for Annkio Briggs, Muhajid Dokubo Asari and other aspiring ethnicist dilettantes: (1) where were you when Gani Fawehinmi and Femi Falana defended Ken Saro-Wiwa at the tribunal? (2) where were you when Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana, Yinka Odumakin, Biodun Sowunmi, Pastor Tunde Bakare, Joe Okei-Odumakin, Tolu Ogunlesi, Chxta Bee, Okey Ndibe, and thousands of Nigerians across the ethnic divide at home and abroad, fought to rescue Goodluck Jonathan from Yar'Adua's cabal and Hurricane Turai? (3) where were you when Femi Falana took on the defense of Henry Okah? Occupy Nigeria is bigger than Goodluck Jonathan. Occupy Nigeria is bigger than your ethnicist reductionism. Goodluck Jonathan is the President of Nigeria, not the President of the Ijaw or the Niger Delta and Nigerians have the right to hold his feet to the fire, especially if we are not satisfied with his performance. You have no right to insult the legitimate and patriotic desire of the Nigerian people for structural and systemic change with your ethnicist caterwauling.

- By Prof. Pius Adesanmi
----------------------------

Where were they when GANI FAWEHINMI fought another Yoruba man OBJ to rescue me in 2002\2003 from OBJ's detention facility? Where were they when OBJ's 3rd term ambition got d greatest bashing from d South West? They are BUT a bunch of shameless jingoists and clannish Activists.

– By Chris Nwaokobia Jnr VI.

---------------------------

"We have to tell ourselves the truth and stop blaming the North for the problems of the Niger Delta. The west doesnt do that. They told OBJ the truth.

I support resource control too, but we must realise what exactly is our bane in developement.

Our states collect almost 35% of resources accruing to this nation. We have NDDC a federal government commission saddled with the developement of the o, il producing areas. We have Ministry of Niger Delta wholly dedicated to the affairs of our region. We have had a President of the federal republic of Nigeria who is our son, for almost 2 years now. I will also mention the Amnesty programme because my people have said it is a development worth mentioning. With all of these,HOW FAR HAVE WE PROGRESSED?

Our Governors are not Northerners. Our council chairmen are not Northerners. Our Legislators are not Northerners. Our contractor brothers who take money for contracts and never do the jobs are not Northerners. Our chiefs who liase with the oil companies to cheat our communities are not Northerners. WE ARE OUR OWN BIGGEST PROBLEMS.

Our brothers and sisters in positions of relevance have encapsulated themselves in GREED AND SHAMELESS CORRUPTION. And we the ordinary people have refused to see through this decietful jamboree.

Look here Brothers, if we cannot account for our 13% derivatives, there is certainly no way we can account for 50%.

There is dirt in our eyes too, we must remove it before attempting to remove that in others.

God bless Nigeria!"
-By Eze Basil Chinwendu Oluo #2015votewisely#

For and To the BEAF and GEJ
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by OpsE1: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2012
GEJ's case is gradually going too far
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Dede1(m): 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
@OP

I can not believe some self-arrogated constitutional experts and so-called leaders are lining up to protest against the deployment of troops in some parts of the country by the president. The president has constitutional right to deploy paramilitary troops in any part of the country on the moments notice. These popularity seekers should give better reason for this protest than deployment of troops in Lagos by the president.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
Dede1:

@OP

I can not believe some self-arrogated constitutional experts and so-called leaders are lining up to protest against the deployment of troops in some parts of the country by the president. The president has constitutional right to deploy paramilitary troops in any part of the country on the moments notice. These popularity seekers should give better reason for this protest than deployment of troops in Lagos by the president.

Jonathan deployed soldiers not paramilitary against peaceful protesters.Wetin happen,na biafra war ?
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Dede1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Jonathan deployed soldiers not paramilitary against peaceful protesters.Wetin happen,na biafra war ?

Only marooned ninny would term any protest in cesspit called Nigeria as peaceful. People who chose to dissent were reportedly man-handled by the useless and dumbass protesters in Lagos. Whether GEJ ordered the deployment of paramilitary, riot police or soldiers to stop the misguided public disturbance, he has the constitutional mandate to do so.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
Dede1:

Only marooned ninny would term any protest in cesspit called Nigeria as peaceful. People who chose to dissent were reportedly man-handled by the useless and dumbass protesters in Lagos. Whether GEJ ordered the deployment of paramilitary, riot police or soldiers to stop the misguided public disturbance, he has the constitutional mandate to do so.

When did Nigeria become a banana republic that the president does not respect the fundamental rights of citizens to peaceful assembly and association ? If he considers otherwise,then it is duty to ensure the security of lives and properties while the protes lasts.Why did he send sss to raid cnn and bbc if he felt deploying well-armed soldiers is a right thing to do ?
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by kizito96(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
Can these eminent people come out to vie for elective post? or to be known for protesting only?
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2012
@kizito
Nigerians rejected some of them through the ballot boxes.
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pat utomi&co protest-The classic of Robert greene '48 laws of power' comes to mind. The law of TIming! Ibb an intelligence officer knew this and was the first to draw jonathan's attention to the timing of fuel subsidy removal as so wrong. With these prominent guys coming up against his govt, boko haram, corruption in oil industry it's just a matter of TIME before the cookie crumbles! I can only wish the president GOODLUCK!
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2012
Pat utomi&co protest-The classic of Robert greene '48 laws of power' comes to mind. The law of TIming! Ibb an intelligence officer knew this and was the first to draw jonathan's attention to the timing of fuel subsidy removal as so wrong. With these prominent guys coming up against his govt, boko haram, corruption in oil industry it's just a matter of TIME before the cookie crumbles! I can only wish the president GOODLUCK!
Re: Balarabe, Utomi, Others To Protest Against Soldiers In Lagos Today by nsiadi: 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
Some one is asking after Tinubu----
The guy has learnt how  to talk since his last court case
He must have signed an undertaking-to be a good boy (who wants to be exposed?)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! / Stay Courageous And Defend Nigeria’s Democracy, Dr Jennifer Abubakar Task Women / Before The Biafrian Struggle. Struggle Of An Unsung Hero.(PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.