Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! (6390 Views)

Fayemi; #2.5 Billion Ekiti Goverment House Is The Least In Nigeria / Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 / Video Justified N3 Billion Ekiti Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
Inside pics of the ₦3.3 Billion Naira Ekiti State House. Just to put this into perspective ₦3.3 Billion is equivalent to $20 Million. Nigerian Politicians shocked

Source

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169945-photo-news-the-n3-3billion-ekiti-state-government-mansion-see-the-opulence-on-display.html

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
More pics

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
More.

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
More

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
More.

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Kingsimmer(m): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
chai!fAyemi

8 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
All I see is a tastefully furnished house. should the Governor live in a shabby house? #confused

6 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
bestestgirl:
All I see is a tastefully furnished house. should the Governor live in a shabby house? #confused

Your point obviously being that it's okay for a state governor to lavish ₦3.3 Billion of tax payers money on one building while a sizeable portion of the working populace are still clamouring for ₦18,000 per month minimum wage! That's sad my dear I implore you to think again!

25 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Krucifax:

Your point obviously being that it's okay for a state governor to lavish ₦3.3 Billion of tax payers money on one building while a sizeable portion of the working populace are still clamouring for ₦18,000 per month minimum wage! That's sad my dear I implore you to think again!

That house is not worth 3.3 billion joor!! If that is what was quoted, he is a talented thief

11 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by MymothersKeeper(f): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
do you know what 3.3bn is? you are hopeless there is no hope for you. Is it because the bed was painted gold and theyve used best of the best cotton quilt? thats not up to 4 millionaira that whole room. Orietiburu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by mandarin: 6:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
I know Ekiti may be a comparatively poor state and what the governor spent may be relatively high considering the economic status of the state. But to be honest, Fayemi is no longer in that place and its for Fayose to use. Beside, its not long that that those were completed and its a state property not Fayemi's. Taken that the amount is on the high side but the noise about it is out of proportion too.
Ok will Fayose and other incoming governors not use the place and sleep on those beds? All I see are insincere minds as if he was not the same man that had a fake poultry that OBJ commissioned. All these propaganda is to further gain cheap popularity and discredit his predecessor who also made reasonable contributions to the state.
I like Fayose for his popularity and grass root approach but he must understand that he also has skeletons in his cupboard just like all the politicians out there. i think that edifice is decent enough as a government place and the state cannot be planning of spending money on such project in another decade.
However, he should focus on helping that state with job creation and ensuring children attend schools. I pray for him to succeed and will only hope he wont allow 2015 election distract him cos all eyes are on him to succeed and alot of Ekiti have put their hope in him.

8 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
This crib fit make a girl čum

4 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Ngwakwe: 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Had this been Abia or Anambra State Governor that spent this ridiculous amount for one residential building, heavens would've fallen.

Most Nairalanders have suddenly become dumb while some are now diplomatic with their choice of words.

Posterity will judge these double standards.

18 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Krucifax(m): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
mandarin:
I know Ekiti may be a comparatively poor state and what the governor spent may be relatively high considering the economic status of the state. But to be honest, Fayemi is no longer in that place and its for Fayose to use. Beside, its not long that that those were completed and its a state property not Fayemi's. Taken that the amount is on the high side but the noise about it is out of proportion too.
Ok will Fayose and other incoming governors not use the place and sleep on those beds? All I see are insincere minds as if he was not the same man that had a fake poultry that OBJ commissioned. All these propaganda is to further gain cheap popularity and discredit his predecessor who also made reasonable contributions to the state.
I like Fayose for his popularity and grass root approach but he must understand that he also has skeletons in his cupboard just like all the politicians out there. i think that edifice is decent enough as a government place and the state cannot be planning of spending money on such project in another decade.
However, he should focus on helping that state with job creation and ensuring children attend schools. I pray for him to succeed and will only hope he wont allow 2015 election distract him cos all eyes are on him to succeed and alot of Ekiti have put their hope in him.

You've made some good points. However the underlining issue is abuse of position, disproportionate use of "PUBLIC" funds and very poor sense of judgement. Regardless of who built it and who now occupies it, this is just another one of many examples of elected officials gross and improper use of office and it's attendant power. If we simply wave things like this away as "e don already happen joor" then what hope do we really have as a nation to combat the many ills that bedevil us in Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by itstpia1: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
looks quite ordinary, i saw a picture of a rich politician's house some time ago, and it was too posh to be believed.

the picture has been removed from the internet sef, couldnt find it again.
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by itstpia1: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2014
Krucifax:

Your point obviously being that it's okay for a state governor to lavish ₦3.3 Billion of tax payers money

when did the price turn to N3 billion.

wasnt it N100 million before?
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
bestestgirl:
I am sure the AmiablÉ General Buhari won't endorse such wastage. Haba!!!!
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by egift(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014

Kudos to Fayemi for leaving a befitting legacy for Ekiti State. Fayose is just angry that when he was governor, he could not even build leave a mud house.

Now that the structure is in place, the thug in power can concentrate on other things. Or he can useless the place and loot the state treasury - his choice.
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by vicadex07(m): 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:
Had this been Abia or Anambra State Governor that spent this ridiculous amount for one residential building, heavens would've fallen.

Most Nairalanders have suddenly become dumb while some are now diplomatic with their choice of words.

Yes because your people are notorious for such

3 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Desric(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Since those state governors do not like good things maybe they're sleeping in 3million naira bungalow then where have the funds gone to because as much as I know, they're still owing debt and salaries especially Abia State?

2 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by fluteman: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by qleap2all(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Krucifax:

The Former gov.built for 3.3bn? I suggest that Gov.Fayose investigate the deal,a reputable property valuation. Firn should be engaged please.
This property should not cost more than N600m,haba!!
Ha Ekiti people have taste o,I wish my state has one
Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by egift(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Bayelsa To Spend Whopping N33 Billion To Build Governor's Office
https://www.nairaland.com/1941699/bayelsa-spend-whopping-n33-billion

7 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Fluteman I have taken it off. One love

2 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by omenka(m): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2014
This is downright inappropriate if you ask me. Haba, the progressives must not be seen doing what the Cankerworms are adept at doing; burning cash on frivolity that hardly adds value to the life of the ordinary citizen.

This just ain't right.

1 Like

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
egift:

Bayelsa To Spend Whopping N33 Billion To Build Governor's Office
https://www.nairaland.com/1941699/bayelsa-spend-whopping-n33-billion
bros that bayelsa state Ðid worse doesn't justify Fayemi. The APC should live by example and Fayemi need scolding not praise with respect to this issue.
omenka:
This is downright inappropriate if you ask me. Haba, the progressives must not be seen doing what the Cankerworms are adept at doing; burning cash on frivolity that hardly adds value to the life of the ordinary citizen.
This just ain't right.
100% endorsÉment

3 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2014
The house shouldnt cost more than 50 million to construct, and I can say roughly 20 million for the furnishing. By and large its not worth more than 1 milion dollars for everything.

1 Like

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Abbott(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tasteless!!!

1 Like

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
This house 3 billion naira? Well am not surprised because he is a progressive

3 Likes

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2014
We have folks who have never sweated for money in their entire life in government....
Go meet an importer and he'll tell you how many Ship Load of goods N3.3B can purchase... ....
I have nothing against the furnishing of this House, but saying its 3.3B is not fair now ....
If we put this house on the property market, Can it fetch N500M? Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inside Pics of ₦3.3 Billion Ekiti State Government House! by frankyychiji(f): 12:31am On Oct 24, 2014
itstpia1:

when did the price turn to N3 billion.

wasnt it N100 million before?
My brother, 100m was just the cost of oga and madam bed ooooo....hmmmm! lipsrsealed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Olusola Saraki Curse Responsible For His Son's Trial..... / All Progressives Congress (APC) To Hold Kogi, Bayelsa Primaries August 29 / Osinbajo: Why Leaders Must Remain Calm In Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.