Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Sin That Defeats Jesus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sin That Defeats Jesus (2957 Views)

The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / The Sin That God Cannot Forgive? (the Unpardonable Sin) / Why Fornication Is A Deadly Sin That Will Get You Almost Killed, If Not Killed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
How is the continuous better when the Jews reject it, yet still have the salvation according to the Bible by their sporadic condition?

Your continuous concept is useless and worthless at the same time since neither you can say all christians will be in paradise nor can you say that no jew will enter paradise.

Read you bibles before you respond, buzugee.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 5:11pm On Jan 22, 2012
Sweetnecta:

How is the continuous better when the Jews reject it, yet still have the salvation according to the Bible by their sporadic condition?

Your continuous concept is useless and worthless at the same time since neither you can say all christians will be in paradise nor can you say that no jew will enter paradise.

Read you bibles before you respond, buzugee.
yall some relentless rebellious stiff necked heathens grin grin grin grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Sweetnecta: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ you discovered the truth, you became abusive, name caller.

i would not say return to sender, because it does not affect me whatever you said.

I depend on Allah, Alone. And He is sufficient as my Protector.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
Sweetnecta:

i would not say return to sender, because it does not affect me whatever you said.

i wasnt abusive. that was a joke. and the only truth i discovered is that people are hard headed  grin keep on worshipping your allah and praying 5 times a day
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 5:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
i bet you waiting on your 40 virgins too huh ?
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by proo212(m): 7:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
What is the truth? Is it that you guys place your redemption in the hands of a stone? A stone that everyone knows has no life in it. A stone that was apparently turned from white to black because it supposed took and still takes away sins.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2012
proo212:

What is the truth? Is it that you guys place your redemption in the hands of a stone? A stone that everyone knows has no life in it. A stone that was apparently turned from white to black because it supposed took and still takes away sins.

you know "proo212",we muslims are the true followers of Jesus and the prophets mentioned in the bible.so dont blame us for "worshipping" a stone.we are only trying to obey your bible's "Jehovah" who made Jacob,the man who "overcame God" to "stone worship":

Genesis 28:18
"Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it".

Genesis 31:13
"I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred".
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
Of course you worship a stone, the black stone housed in the Kaaba. Even Muhammad's companion found it rather odd that an ordinary stone was venerated to divine significance.

you never hear of any prophet in the Bible kissing a stone or bowing in it's direction for thousands of years, yes pillars were erected as memorial land marks, but not objects of worship as is paganly practised in Islam.

shocking. a stone??
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2012
frosbel:

Of course you worship a stone, the black stone housed in the Kaaba. Even Muhammad's companion found it rather odd that an ordinary stone was venerated to divine significance.

you never hear of any prophet in the Bible kissing a stone or bowing in it's direction for thousands of years, yes pillars were erected as memorial land marks, but not objects of worship as is paganly practised in Islam.

shocking. a stone??

did you not read the two verses from genesis in my above post?

Daniel and Jonah faced the temple in Jerusalem but Jacob did more.

what Jacob did is even more than kissing.he ANNOITED the stone with oil.

as a christian you must know what it means to "annoit" someone or something with oil.please explain to us.you are too blind to see or too deceptive to admit.you want to carry others with your blindness and prevent them from seeing the reality.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 23, 2012
Lagosshia makes sense with the original post.
you just have to apply logic and reasoning.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by DeepSight(m): 5:04am On Jan 23, 2012
Blood for remission of sins?

Ah well, I have renounced such contentions.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Joagbaje(m): 6:55am On Jan 23, 2012
“And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that blasphemes against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.” (Luke 12:10)

Every sin that a man repent of iis forgivable but Blaspheming against the holy spirit is apostasy , such a person cannot even repent ,to start with. But if he repents ,he will be forgiven.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by ramalot(m): 7:58am On Jan 23, 2012
smiley
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
Deep Sight:

Blood for remission of sins?

Ah well, I have renounced such contentions.
blood contains life. blood is life. without blood all things die. blood is what is needed to make peace with me LEVITICUS 17 VS 11-12.
With this knowledge of how the most high views blood, it starts to make sense why he gave us the ultimate prize. BLOOD for LIFE. albeit the blood of his only begotten son. Jesus was conceived in the physical flesh for that purpose. so his blood will cleanse our sins and hence create peace between us and the almighty Yahawah. thanks and praises to Yahawahshi for allowing himself to be the sacrificial lamb.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2012
ANALOGY-i am fortunate and blessed enough to be able to send my son to study in oxford. he is my son. i want to give him this gift of a bright future by paying the exorbitant fees it will take to get him the education he will need for this. this is my gift to my son. if he refuses it and says he wants to be a rapper instead. then goes off into this life of drugs, debauchery, hedonism. then his rap career never even picks up and he has turned into a full blown junkie. should i not be mad at him for REFUSING MY GIFT of a brilliant education in one of the prestigious institutions in the world ? yes it was a gift but i will still be pissed at him that he shunned it and instead chose a path of destruction. same with the lord if you do not accept his gift of salvation.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
buzugee:

ANALOGY-i am fortunate and blessed enough to be able to send my son to study in oxford. he is my son. i want to give him this gift of a bright future by paying the exorbitant fees it will take to get him the education he will need for this. this is my gift to my son. if he refuses it and says he wants to be a rapper instead. then goes off into this life of drugs, debauchery, hedonism. then his rap career never even picks up and he has turned into a full blown junkie. should i not be mad at him for REFUSING MY GIFT of a brilliant education in one of the prestigious institutions in the world ? yes it was a gift but i will still be pissed at him that he shunned it and instead chose a path of destruction. same with the lord if you do not accept his gift of salvation.

your son is at the age of education.

have you died and being offered to enter paradise and refused? why should you believe in a gift that has not being handed to you? believing in a gift is one thing and accepting it is another thing.

now let me expand on your analogy.if the father promise to gift his child with education at oxford or harvard.will the father ask the child to believe that the gift is his,or else he would be punished for not believing the gift is his before he was givien the gift? is that a gift or a trap to punish his son?

so you can see that christianity is wayo (fraud).
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Sweetnecta: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2012
@buzugee; « #67 on: Yesterday at 05:20:28 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 05:15:43 PM

i wasnt abusive. that was a joke. and the only truth i discovered is that people are hard headed Grin keep on worshipping your allah and praying 5 times a day[/Quote]the 5 daily prayers are so into my soul that my body is in tune with it. see. its easy on me. at least i do not make a man or something else that is not the Creator my God.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@buzugee; « #67 on: Yesterday at 05:20:28 PM »the 5 daily prayers are so into my soul that my body is in tune with it. see. its easy on me. at least i do not make a man or something else that is not the Creator my God.
neither do i
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
buzugee:

neither do i

thats good to hear.

you just admitted in another thread the bible is tampered text:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-852801.0.html#msg10028719

now you have rejected man-worship.

that is encouraging to hear.our preaching is not in vain.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by buzugee(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

thats good to hear.

you just admitted in another thread the bible is tampered text:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-852801.0.html#msg10028719

now you have rejected man-worship.

that is encouraging to hear.our preaching is not in vain.
check for update https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-852801.0.html#msg10028719 cheesy
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2012
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Joagbaje(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
ramalot:

What kind of major contradiction did you just state?

Mutually exclusive statements:

1- Sin against the holy spirit CAN NOT be forgiven.
2- A sinner against the holy spirit CAN NOT repent.
3- A REPENTANT sinner against the holy spirit WILL BE FORGIVEN.

It is either or, my friend. These 3 statements can not function at the same time.

Firstly I must admit it can be challenging for a natural man to understand fully spiritual truth. But I will try my best. There's no contradiction.

The sin against the holy spirit is a sin of fallen out of christ. To be blunt ,it refers to someone who has left the christian faith. Lost his salvation. Such person would not even have conscience of repentance just like Satan.

Ask yourself this question , why Cant God forgive Satan? The answer is simple. Satan can not repent! . That's the same situation such a man is in. It is called "sin unto death"

1 John 5:16-17
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

Firstly I must admit it can be challenging for a natural man to understand fully spiritual truth. But I will try my best. There's no contradiction.

The sin against the holy spirit is a sin of fallen out of christ. To be blunt ,it refers to someone who has left the christian faith. Lost his salvation. Such person would not even have conscience of repentance just like Satan.

Ask yourself this question , why Cant God forgive Satan? The answer is simple. Satan can not repent! . That's the same situation such a man is in. It is called "sin unto death"

1 John 5:16-17
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

but didn't Jesus "die" for the sins of mankind to be forgiven?

so afterall it is not all sins that would be forgiven,right?
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

but didn't Jesus "die" for the sins of mankind to be forgiven?

so afterall it is not all sins that would be forgiven,right?

Prerequisites to understanding the bible otherwise , you are simply wasting your time , and will keep orbiting the nairaland religious forum , without coming to a satisfying conclusion.

Regeneration

The first condition is indispensable and fundamental; indeed it is not so much a condition as a prerequisite, and that is regeneration. You must
be born again before you can understand the Bible. It is absolutely necessary.(Matt. 13:11.) What Daniel says of prophecy is true of all Scriptures
"The wise shall understand, the wicked shall not." He means that character rather than culture is the condition of understanding prophecy. If you would understand the prophecies of God's Word correctly, it is not necessary to graduate at a University or Seminary, and read Greek and Hebrew, but it is necessary to be good, to be pure, to be holy. The heart makes the theologian.

The heart is the organ of spiritual vision, and character rather than culture becomes the key to unlock the mysteries of prophecy. That is true of all Scripture. (1 Cor. 2:14.) Suppose a man is sitting beside you on yonder mountain top, and you are describing to him the glories of a sunset. The west is brilliant with prismatic hues of iridescent rainbow beauty. The man is indifferent, and unconcerned. You grow indignant until you discover that the man is blind. What cares he about the sunset? What knows he about your words? You do not scold him, you do not blame him, you pity him. No unregenerated man can know anything about the mysteries of God and the meaning of the Bible.

A man must be a Christian before he can open the Bible with any possibility of arriving at its meaning. It is spiritually discerned.Suppose I say to you that on the back of your hand there are scales like those of a fish, and you look at your white hand and laugh in scorn, and say that is nonsense. Suppose I take you out in yonder street and look up into the sky and say there are four moons revolving around the planet Jupiter, and you look up at that great white planet in the evening sky, and you say the man is crazy, it is no such thing. Suppose I take your razor and say it has a corrugated edge like cross cut saw, and you hold the razor up to the light, and you say it is not so. Put your hand under a microscope; it looks like the back of an alligator. Put the sharpest razor you ever saw under a microscopic lens; it looks like a circular saw. Put the telescope on Jupiter, and you see the four satellites in their appointed order.

That former statement was foolishness to your natural eye, because it was miscroscopically discerned. That latter statement was foolishness to your natural eye, because it was telescopically discerned. The axioms of the Bible are foolishness to the natural mind because they are spiritually discerned.

A man must be born of the Spirit beforehe knows what the Bible teaches.

Filled With the Holy Spirit

Second: A man must be baptized with the Holy Spirit as well as bornof the Spirit to study the Bible successfully. Every Christian has the HolySpirit. "If any man have not the spirit of Christ, he is none of His," and "by oneSpirit we are all baptized into one body." But there is something beyond.
There is a reception and an appropriation of the Holy Spirit as a teacher anda guide and a helper that confers a marvelous benefit upon the believer.

Excerpt from the Book Complete Summary of the New Testament by KEITH L. BROOKS
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2012
"frosbel" stop spamming the forum.we know you believe in "mysteries".yet the bible says:"God is not the author of confusion".

and please stop talking about being "filled with the holy spirit".

truly speaking if you are filled with the holy spirit,i will ask for the devil to fill me up!!!

and if i see you in paradise,i will ask God to take me to the hell-fire!!!

sincerely.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2012
LagosShia:

"frosbel" stop spamming the forum.we know you believe in "mysteries".yet the bible says:"God is not the author of confusion".

and please stop talking about being "filled with the holy spirit".

truly speaking if you are filled with the holy spirit,i will ask for the devil to fill me up!!!

and if i see you in paradise,i will ask God to take me to the hell-fire!!!

sincerely.

Okay , I trust you will behave from henceforth and stick to your ISLAM section.

But we are pals, right undecided , at least for the sake of Lagos, no ?

Chow !!!!   grin
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 6:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
frosbel:

Okay , I trust you will behave from henceforth and stick to your ISLAM section.

But we are pals, right undecided , at least for the sake of Lagos, no ?

Chow !!!! grin

please stay in the UK!

dont come to Lagos.we dont need christian boko haram in Lagos.

all boko harams should stay in the north.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Joagbaje(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2012
LagosShia:

but didn't Jesus "die" for the sins of mankind to be forgiven? so afterall it is not all sins that would be forgiven,right?

You're right. But a man has to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven. If such a person will repent he would be forgiven. But a man who has reached that state has no conscience for repentance. So the problem is not on God side to force a mans heart to change . A man has power of his own will . If he repents ,theres forgiveness . But will he? Why has Satan and the demons nit repented?
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Sweetnecta: 8:59am On Jan 24, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^ You have demonstrated the usefulness of "the death of christ" to be 0% because man still must repent to God. But that was always the case; Adam and Eve repented.
Satan and the demons shall not offer repentance.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by LagosShia: 9:51am On Jan 24, 2012
Joagbaje:

You're right. But a man has to ask for forgiveness to be forgiven. If such a person will repent he would be forgiven. But a man who has reached that state has no conscience for repentance. So the problem is not on God side to force a mans heart to change . A man has power of his own will . If he repents ,theres forgiveness . But will he? Why has Satan and the demons nit repented?

truly i hate repeating myself all over again.so id kindly ask you to review the past few posts especially my exchange with "buzugee".

the "blood" is meant to be a "gift" as you people want us to believe.so that "gift" should be given to all,if it is a "gift" and not a trap,burden or curse.reading my exchange with "buzugee" should let you see what im saying.
Re: The Sin That Defeats Jesus by Joagbaje(m): 10:17am On Jan 24, 2012
There are two sides to a gift. The giver and the receiver. If I give a hungry man food and he throws it away or trample down on it , is the food the problem? If a man turns down the blood of Jesus does Jesus need to come and die the second time?. He has fin usher his work ,it's left to infpdividuals to work their salvation out.

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lord Says America Is The Home Of Every Unclean Spirit In The World / Why POPE Resign? Is He A Muslim Now? / VIDEO - A Pastor Caught In The Act – Pants Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.