Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,510 members, 7,861,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment (869 Views)

FAAC Faults Okonjo Iweala, Denies Approving $2bn Withdrawal / FAAC Faults Okonjo-iweala. They Never Approved Withdrawals From ECA. / Http://premiumtimesng.com/news/3554-cbn-faults-okonjo-iweala-alison-maduekes-sub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by edatika(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2007
i don't seem to understand what this people mean by this comment
http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200710102533420
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by osereka(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2007
that woman deserves that post.
habba can you compare her with this other theif
in the national assembly?
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by Seun(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2007
His argument is that she will use what she knows about Nigeria against us in the interest of the world bank.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by FSU: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2007
What a warped and ''Okponu'' argument.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by denex: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
Well, Nigeria should be very wary of this appointment. It is good they made the woman MD, but I hope this will not be used to lure Nigeria into more debt.

Nigeria should avoid taking any more loans from the World Bank. I've just read the history of the World Bank some days ago and it is boldly written there that the purpose of the world bank is the continued enrichment of Europe post World War 2.

PRONACO that is even talking should rest sef. Abi is it not PRONACO whose Headquarters is in Magodo G.R.A Lagos? They should be more concerned about their Public Relations Officer, Barrister Bisi Adegbuyi who slaps his workers for the slightest oversights such as typographical errors on documents. Very ironic for a human rights organization.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by chidichris(m): 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2007
pls tell that obj brother to explain to nigerians where he was when obj was re-elected in 1999 and 2003 respectively.
he shld be telling us about marwa, ahmadu ali, and obj in his present position all round door policy from one position to the other.
the truth of the matter is that nigerians who hate good things were behind her inability to get the position of assistant secretary general of Un and today to their greatest dismay, she is an MD.
my dear Adam and Eve, concentrate on your business in the usa as you have nothing positive to offer us back here in nigeria.
from all indications, u are a paid labourer.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by Afam(m): 12:44am On Oct 11, 2007
denex:

Well, Nigeria should be very wary of this appointment. It is good they made the woman MD, but I hope this will not be used to lure Nigeria into more debt.

Nigeria should avoid taking any more loans from the World Bank. I've just read the history of the World Bank some days ago and it is boldly written there that the purpose of the world bank is the continued enrichment of Europe post World War 2.

PRONACO that is even talking should rest sef. Abi is it not PRONACO whose Headquarters is in Magodo G.R.A Lagos? They should be more concerned about their Public Relations Officer, Barrister Bisi Adegbuyi who slaps his workers for the slightest oversights such as typographical errors on documents. Very ironic for a human rights organization.

Her allegiance must lie somewhere and Nigeria is now not where it lies at the moment and considering what she knows about Nigeria based on her previous appointments it will help if Nigeria takes a decision not to take any loan during her tenure at the World Bank.

In reality do we even need to take loans at all? In my opinion, NO.

One person cannot be loyal to both a country and World Bank unless that country by design is programmed to benefit from the ultimate goal of the World Bank and we all know Nigeria don't belong to that class.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by Seun(m): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2007
Hmm, considering the way she was kicked out of office, how can "her allegiance lie" with Nigeria ?
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by Afam(m): 8:51am On Oct 11, 2007
Seun:

Hmm, considering the way she was kicked out of office, how can "her allegiance lie" with Nigeria ?

I meant her allegiance does not lie with Nigeria. The NOW was a mistake, meant to write NOT. Will effect the change asap.
Re: PRONACO Official Faults Okonjo Iweala's World Bank Appointment by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2007
Even if she hates Nigeria now, which her doubt, her appointment cannot be "faulted" on that basis.
It is not the world bank's duty to appoint its officials based on the interests of Nigeria. wink

(1) (Reply)

Plateau State Wants $100bn Compensation From Uk And Eu / Was I A Fool For Condenming Mpele? / Deregulation: Oil Workers Prepare For Strike 21 Day Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.