Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Ovulation And Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ovulation And Pregnancy (10856 Views)

Women And Pregnancy This Days. What Is The Way Forward. / Knowing Your Ovulation Day...... Safe And Fertile Period / Working, Studying and Pregnancy- How to Cope- Plssss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ovulation And Pregnancy by Thebabe1: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi everyone,

I hope i can really get some help in this forum. The thing is i am married, and i want a baby. I have heard so much abt the ovulation thingy and knowing your cycle and stuff like that, but in the past 2 months my cycle that is normally a 28 or 29 day cycle, is now like either 26 or 30/31 days, so its kinda hard to know when ovulation is taking place.

I have heard a lot abt homonal imbalance n stuffs like that n then i also heard abt pregnacare and some fertility drugs. Please doctors in the house, can u help?

thx.
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by franktolk(m): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi dear ! check this link
http://www.ovulation-calculator.org/
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by mutter(f): 10:02pm On Jan 19, 2012
try the health section it is more helpful. You also need to calm down because when you get too desperate it affects your circle and could make it irregular. How long have you been trying to get pregnant?
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 20, 2012
Ovulation occurs 14 days before the menses starts. Therefore if your menses starts today, it means you ovulated 14 days ago. You can guess when you will ovulate by looking at the length of your cycles over time. You are menstruating fairly regularly so for you with 26-31 day intervals, you likely ovulate between days 12-17 (counting from the FIRST day of your menses). You basically should have unprotected sex daily from day 10-18/19 to increase your chances of conceiving. Once you ovulate, the egg lasts about 3 days so the sperm needs to get to it within that time for fertilization to occur. There are ovulation predictor test strips which can be purchased. They are urine test strips you can do yourself at home and it detects when you ovulate so you know exactly when to have sex. I used these for both my babies and conceived each time. Once the test was positive, we just had sex daily for about 3-4 days after and that was that. Good luck.

About hormonal imbalances; they may cause women persistently not to ovulate even though they are menstruating. In this case, pregnancy will not be possible without professional help.

Please do not take fertility drugs without the direct supervision of a fertility doctor. They can be dangerous.

All the best to you and may God bless you with the fruit of the womb in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Thebabe1: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2012
thank you dear friends for ur comments n advice. please can this ovulation predictor test strips be found in nigeria? i stay in lagosn thanks.
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2012
GGG
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 20, 2012
The_babe:

thank you dear friends for ur comments n advice. please can this ovulation predictor test strips be found in nigeria? i stay in lagosn thanks.

Yeah, and relatively cheap too.

You can check and good pharmacy shop around.
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by blank(f): 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
You can use http://www.fertilityfriend.com/.

It allows you to chart your daily temperature and use other signs to more or less predict your ovulation.
Then you can also use an OPK. The chart above will give u an idea when to use the OPK.
It is what i use.

Goodluck.
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Thebabe1: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
chaircover:

Hi Babe, I stock them in my shops

Okay, please where is ur shop situated?
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by blank(f): 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2012
If her shop is too far, u can go to any pharmacy and ask for the ovulation prediction kit (OPK). MOst pharmacies have it.
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by waistbead: 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2012
@the-babe check the health section.there's a TTC forum(trying to conceive)u get to know more.ovulation kit is about 2,400.baby dust to u!!cheers!
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by Wokeyim(f): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
Please who knows where I can purchase the test strips for clear blue ovulation kit from in Lagos?
Re: Ovulation And Pregnancy by pamijlove(f): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2017

(1) (Reply)

On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? / How Do I Handle A Toxic Bullying Adult Child? / Have You Written Your Will?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.