Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Your Top 10 Video Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Your Top 10 Video Games (7264 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Top 10 Video Games Of 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Top 10 Video Games by kodewrita(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2005
I guess since this section is about games, we should talk about console and pc games. y top 10 games(not necessarily in that order) of all time are:
1. Mortal Kombat series
2.Tekken Series
3. streetfighter series
4. SOCOM I and II (US Navy Seals)
5. Onimusha 1,2,3
6. The Scorpion king
7. Age OF Empires Series
8. Hitman 1,2, Contract
9. Commandos (BEL)
10. Shenmue (Microsoft Xbox version)

almost all are on Playstation 2.  well those are mine. lets read yours
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Seun(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2005
I assume you haven't used an X-Box before. 'Halo' is definitely the best video game of all time! The only video game better than 'Halo' is 'Halo 2', but I've not played that one yet. I have a 'Halo 2' trailer that is just too sweet. I'll post some screenshots when I have the chance.

For ladies, the best Video game is probably 'Sims 2'. Most of us guys will rather be blasting away at aliens than babysitting computer characters, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 19, 2005
for me winning eleven soccer on play station or play station 1 is my top pick. it's the computer game i play 99% of the time.

there was a time though when i used to play mortal kombat and street fighter. now i own a playstation 1 but i'm non chalant about playing any game if it ain't soccer.
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by kodewrita(m): 3:35pm On Apr 21, 2005
Seun, you are talking to a reformed game addict. The only console I haven't touched is the nintendo console ("dolphin" or whatever they call it.). Halo? Well, I admit it's real good. But try 'Deus Ex: Invisible War' on PS2 and compare, or 'Devil May Cry' on Xbox.
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Hunter(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2005
System Shock 2
Battlefield 1942
Civilization 3
Doom 1 and 2 (3 was a let down, I have it on both PC and Xbox)
Commander Keen 4
Half-Life 2
Call of duty
No-one lives forever 2

And some more I can't remember tongue

If anyone is interested in playing some xbox live with me, let me know smiley
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Seun(m): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2005
Related to the Internet-speed-in-Nigeria issue:

I would love to fry you in a game of Halo 2 or Half-Life on Xbox live(cheesy), but I doubt that is is possible to enjoy real-time gameplay over a VSAT link. Almost every Iternet connection in Nigeria eventually goes through VSAT. VSAT ping times fall between 0.55s and 1.2s! I don't think it's likely that anyone in Nigeria uses Xbox Live
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Hunter(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2005
That is a shame, though if you can put up with poor latency I beleive it's possible to use a router or pc running a distro of linux to share an internet connection to the xbox so it thinks it has broadband and lets you play (this would probably be suitable for the slower paced games)
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by c0dec(m): 7:34pm On May 03, 2005
i dont believe nobody included "Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 or even X" among their top ten. damn!

my top ten in no particular order:

SF2 turbo
Unreal Tournament 2k3
Final Fantasy 7
Zelda 3: A link to the past
Crash Team Racing
Sypthon Filter 2
Winning Eleven (series)
Star Fox

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by c0dec(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2005
I forgot to add 'Super Mario Bros 3' and 'Burnout 3'.

Has anybody here got a copy of 'World of Warcraft'?
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Seun(m): 1:51pm On May 13, 2005
Member precious wrote:
"I LOVE PLAY STATION 2 ALSO"
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Hunter(m): 2:02pm On May 14, 2005
yeah i have world of warcraft but i think my account has lapsed (or is about to)
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by jogego(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2005
emm, how come nobody mentione Half Life1 & 2? shocked
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Hunter(m): 11:27am On Jun 01, 2005
because they're not people's all time favourites tongue
System Shock 2 came out around the same time and I enjoyed it far more than HL1 and HL2 was a dissapoint and with all that messing around with steam cry

Final Fantasy 7 was the best in the series as well I though, and I just thought of another game I really like No-One-lives-forever 1 and 2.

i'll think up some more later smiley
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by yomidipset4eva(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2005
What's really good ,I just registered today ,seems like fun. Anyway someone wrote that Devil may cry is on XBOX ,that dude needs to get his gaming mind in check cos' Devil may cry is strictly for Playstation ,at least for now . Halo 2 is tight so y'all need to get that. XBOX is about to change the world with 360 ,saw the E3 convention on G4 network and Doom is gonna look mad nice .
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Vieira(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2005
Halo rules!!!

Halo 2 rules as well but did not like the ending of Halo 2 compared to the ending of Halo.

I also like Fight for NY on the XBox!
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by IAH(f): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2005
GTA: San Andreas
Mortal Kombat Series
Tomb Raider Series
Prince of Persia
and the all-time classic Mario Brothers
and Tetris, yes tetris, leave me alone!

1 Like

Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by c0dec(m): 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2005
Hidden Hunter. where u able to actually play WOW efficiently? or are you out of the country? i only just started playing warcraft and i'm hooked. i need WOW.

http://c0dec.150m.com/rants/warcraft.html
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Red(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2005
Call Of Duty
Desert Combat
Ghost Recon
Socom 1&2
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by legs(f): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2005
Brick Game! grin

ROTFWL
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by kemmy(f): 1:07pm On Jun 20, 2005
Yes o! Good old Brick Game has always done it for me, enh! I like Nintendo and Mario too, and of course, tetris. I don't care what you think. Outdated or not, it's my own top ... e no even reach five sef!

IAH, you try o! You have dared to thread the path many wouldn't think of. Have you noticed the jargons the guys are naming? How una dey do other things sef?
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by c0dec(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2005
girls can't play games. smiley
BTW, it's not called brick game, it's called Tetris. Also Nintendo is not a game, it's a machine.
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Seun(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2005
c0dec, if a lady says it's "brick game" then it's brick game. This is called encouragement wink.
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by IAH(f): 6:37pm On Jun 20, 2005
kemmy:

IAH, you try o!you have dared to thread the path many wouldn't think of.Have you noticed the jargons the guys are naming?How una dey do other things sef?

I was infected by the people around me. rolleyes
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by kemmy(f): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2005
IAH,thank God I had immunisation!I'm always passionate about things I do,if to say I know am.....I for don dey write programs for games.....true to God!good for you though.

cOdec,well done o!So that we go know say you know game names,ehn?O.k.,I no go talk pass this one.

Seun thank you o jare,.......idea l'oju!
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by legs(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2005
abeg abeg wats this BTW c0dec is calling me
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by mamba(m): 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2005
BTW is short for By The Way
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by shockreaction(m): 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2005
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
Unreal Tournament 2004
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Age of Empires games
Starcraft
Half-Life

Note: I am not a violent person in real life tongue
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Chxta(m): 12:07am On Aug 12, 2005
I know I am late to post here (sorry I just noticed this thread)!

How can you guys be gushing on about consoles when there are PC games? Just love-vendor up your PC well, and you have the ultimate console with you...

As for my favourite game, I used to be hooked on MK, Tekken, FIFA 99 (the best FIFA game of all time IMO), KI Gold, Road Rash, Need for Speed, Age of Empires (never saw a better network game) and Civilization. But ever since I first touched the Championship Manager Series (now FM 2005), http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/champmanager0304/review.html, I have pretty much ignored everything else, except as a spectator.

As a spectator, some really good games making the rounds now include:
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Deus EX
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Spiderman: The Vampire Armand
Unreal Tournament
Half Life
(all this knowledge comes from hanging out with Texazzpete (seulement un)

but the best head and shoulders above any remains Football Manager 2005!
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Seun(m): 1:15am On Aug 12, 2005
Trust me, console games are much better than PC games!
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by hotangel2(f): 3:39am On Aug 12, 2005
Sims 2 All The Way baby. I like sims 2. And even sims 1. grin
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Latoya(f): 5:38am On Aug 12, 2005
1. Halo 1 & 2
2. Tekken
3. Mortal combat
4. Desperado
5. Fable
6. tennis
7. Sims 1& 2
8. Tomb raider
9. FIFA 2005/2004
10. Base ball

what i play r console games on Xbox,ps2,game boy and Nitendo.No computer games!
Re: Your Top 10 Video Games by Chxta(m): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2005
Seun:

Trust me, console games are much better than PC games!

Young man, I HAVE TRIED BOTH. Now let us look at the physics: for console games (take XBox as an example (not the new generation XBox), has system specs of 700MHz, 128Mb RAM, 5 Gb HDD, 64 Mb VGA, and all of this computing power is geared towards just running games, unlike in your normal PC where first and foremost a lot of the RAM is already allocated to running the OS.

Now to really enjoy a PC game, my advice is this: love-vendor up your system (2.8GHz, 512Mb RAM, 64Mb VGA as an example), then install GameGain for example. Then let's see what happens...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Game Development Courses & Certification Online / Android Fifa 14 2016/2017 Latest Transfers / Top 9 Epic Boss Battles In Video Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.