Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan (6067 Views)

Taiye Taiwo Celebrates His 31st Birthday Today; Check Out His Birthday Cake / Taiye Taiwo And Son In Matching Outfits [photo] / Taiye Taiwo Turns 25 Today & His Brother Is 39 (Hoax) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by mukina2: 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
foine boi

Queens Park Rangers have reportedly agreed a deal to sign defender Taye Taiwo on loan from AC Milan.

Taiwo, a Nigeria international, joined Milan from Marseille in the summer but has failed to make his mark in Serie A and found first-team opportunities hard to come by at the San Siro this season.

Taiwo's agent Fabio Parisi recently claimed a number of English clubs were interested in the left-back, and with Arsenal's defence decimated by injuries, Taiwo had been linked with a move to Emirates Stadium.

However, according to reports in Italy, Parisi has been in West London to discuss a loan move for the defender, who was linked with a move to England last summer as well.

QPR are also chasing Chelsea defender Alex and Blackburn captain Chris Samba and Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha as new R's manager Mark Hughes looks to flex his muscles in the transfer market.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1010496/taiwo-set-to-join-qpr-on-loan-from-milan---report?cc=3888
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by stagger: 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2012
This is the best move for him.

The AC Milan move was ill-advised, not when the likes of Paolo Maldini openly said that Taiwo is not fit to be his successor! shocked
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by eghost247(m): 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2012
i knew he wouldn't last with Ac Milan
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2012
wetin he go do for Italy in the first place?
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by tirtimy: 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2012
Good move, wish him luck
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by chelseabmw(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2012
a positive move for him
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by vislabraye(m): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
Y QPR? Are there no better sides?
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by dipo1: 9:58pm On Jan 19, 2012
^^
How good a left-back is he?
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2012
chelseabmw:

a positive move for him

positive move indeed
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by aieromon(m): 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2012
He should learn how to be a proper left back.The EPL is not gonna give you more than one chance.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Wadosky(m): 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
nice move,will pick up d pieces from dia
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Ninilowo(m): 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2012
Nairalandeerrsss!!!! Chei! Na here all of us dey when he dey go ac milan dey pass cment say 'good move' dt time. Now things don sour we dey sing another one. Kai!! I fear o.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by OmoPastor(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
He should learn to be mobile as a left back, wish him the best. now we have reason to watch QPR play.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by ogbongzky(m): 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
How I wish he didn't leave Marseille,
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by dadicvila(m): 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Carry your bad Market go joh!

FORZA MILAN
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by seunlayi(m): 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2012
good move, wish him the best of luck (that is if he can make the best use of his opportunity on the pitch)

1 Like

Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by dadicvila(m): 10:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Immediately i heard Algerian Djamel Mesbah have already joined MILAN from Lecce i knew the end of the road have come for Taiwo, i pray he solves our left back problem,since Maldini or mayb Jankulovski retired we rily havnt goten a standard Left back, Taiwo welldone oO!!try your luck elsewhere sad sad
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Mobinga: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2012
Wow. Maldini is a bltch.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by phreakabit(m): 11:33pm On Jan 19, 2012
[size=18pt]RFLMAO!!!!! Oh boy see demotion sha?!!![/size]
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by kizito96(m): 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Good for his career
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Reference(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2012
The way the cookie crumbles. Sun setting on his career I'm afraid and the ghoulish shadows loom as long as those of a certain Obafemi Martins. Common sense dictates when you make a mistake do a u-turn, not a right turn or left turn but a return. Retrace your steps and flee to where your stronghold, where you came from. France is where he should be headed. Where he's known, where he's played the best part of his career. Familiar style of play, contacts, fans, everything he needs to get his career back up and running as quickly as possible. But of course he's caught in the classic trap between the rock of pride and the hard place of humiliation and as we know Nigerians hardly respond to these great temptations properly. Even if offers are readily not available, wait for them. QPR is certainly no promotion, the Premiership is harder than the Serie A and one questions the level of coaching he will receive particularly as his skills and style are set in concrete, the main reason he could not make it in the fashion capital of the world.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by LEXYLOV: 12:48am On Jan 20, 2012
I beg which club is QPR am hearing it for the first time. Anyway sha half of a bread still better than non. Wishing him Good luck.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by suedoh2006(m): 2:11am On Jan 20, 2012
good for him
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by logica(m): 2:20am On Jan 20, 2012
If he found it difficult getting back in Italy, I don't know how he'd cope with the pace of play in England.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:01am On Jan 20, 2012
Reference:

The way the cookie crumbles. Sun setting on his career I'm afraid and the ghoulish shadows loom as long as those of a certain Obafemi Martins. Common sense dictates when you make a mistake do a u-turn, not a right turn or left turn but a return. Retrace your steps and flee to where your stronghold, where you came from. France is where he should be headed. Where he's known, where he's played the best part of his career. Familiar style of play, contacts, fans, everything he needs to get his career back up and running as quickly as possible. But of course he's caught in the classic trap between the rock of pride and the hard place of humiliation and as we know Nigerians hardly respond to these great temptations properly. Even if offers are readily not available, wait for them. QPR is certainly no promotion, the Premiership is harder than the Serie A and one questions the level of coaching he will receive particularly as his skills and style are set in concrete, the main reason he could not make it in the fashion capital of the world.

premiership? harder than Serie A? You must be smoking cold pot
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by willyede(m): 3:18am On Jan 20, 2012
logica:

If he found it difficult getting back in Italy, I don't know how he'd cope with the pace of play in England.
gut premiership is harder any time any day than italian seria A they have amongst the deadliest wingers you can talk about if you think i am lying ask inter milan's right back maicon (inter vs spurs) and ask maldini( arsenal vs ac milan)
as the first basic training for most english wingers is to run as he will be meeting with players like young,ramirez,sturidge,routledge,lennon,theo,segsegno,bellamy,nani, etc all bunch of crazy runners as i wish well tough
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by dejust(m): 4:47am On Jan 20, 2012
As long as hw will not be warning the bench there, it is a good move. Though QPR is doing well in EPL.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by velo10: 6:03am On Jan 20, 2012
Taiwo just wasn't good enough for one of the best teams in the world
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 20, 2012
QPR is a big club, at least financially. They were the richest club in the championship last time out and i think they ranked among the best 10 in premiership in terms of financial backing. that is why they are spending so much on players and coaches.
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by snthesis(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2012
dipo+:

^^
How good a left-back is he?
GBAM!!!!!
Re: Taiye Taiwo Set To Join QPR On Loan From AC Milan by Ignatio(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2012
He's trending worldwide. More fame and more work for him to do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nominate Fifa's World Player Of The Year / Career Stats Between Eden Hazard Vs Alexis Sanchez. Eden Hazard / Enyeama - No Excuses Not To Beat Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.