Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,023 members, 7,953,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:09 AM

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (13599 Views)

Over 90 Killed Many Injured As Suspected Fulani Insurgents Sack Benue Village / Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / Fulani Herdsmen Strike Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mukina2: 7:21am On Aug 09, 2012
A commercial motorcyclist, popularly called okada rider was on Monday stabbed in the stomach by two hoodlums suspected to be Fulani herdsmen on the long bridge end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

It was learnt that the victim, Mr. Owolabi Habib, had picked his assailants at Berger, Lagos, who posed as passengers.

The hoodlums had told him they were going to New Kara, Ogun State, located around the long bridge.

A source within Habib’s family said, “As soon as they got near their destination and Owolabi(Habib) slowed down, one of the men pulled out a long knife and stabbed him in the stomach.

“Habib told us that he abandoned his okada and fled to save himself. But the stab was so deep that his intestine came out.”

It was learnt that a motorist later rescued Habib and rushed him to the Lagos State Accident and Trauma Centre at Tollgate.

Findings on Wednesday showed that Habib had been referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital.

A doctor at the centre, who declined to give his name, said, “The wound he sustained needs intensive care. That is why he was moved to LASUTH.”

The Ogun State Police Command spokesman, Mr. Muyiwa Adejobi, said the incident had not been reported to the police in the state.

He said, “We don’t have that report yet. But we are interested in getting the victim’s account so that we can work together to rid that area of criminal elements. Please if you can get across to him; advise him to report to the nearest police station.”

On July 7, 2012, a retired Brigadier-General, Sylvester Iruh, was killed on the bridge by suspected Fulani herdsmen as he was changing the tyre of his car.

http://www.punchng.com/news/suspected-fulani-herdsmen-strike-again-on-lagos-ibadan-expressway/
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kandiikane(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2012
So, how did these so called 'fulani herdsmen' manage to travel all the way from the north with their cattles and stab someone?

Na wa.

Big fat propaganda!

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 09, 2012
One thing about the Fulanis in Nigeria id that they're great travelers (nomads) and traders. You find them in the North, West, South and East of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kandiikane(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2012
Yes, and they were just hanging out on the bridge(no suspicions, at all)with their cattles waiting for someone to stab.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2012
kandiikane: Yes, and they were just hanging out on the bridge(no suspicions, at all)with their cattles waiting for someone to stab.

It happens. It has happened many times, esp in my state.

The thing about Nigerian Fulani Herdsmen is that they don't respect the citizens of the state that hosts them. Any simple disagreement causes chaos, and most times can be fatal. But ofcourse, they aren't always the one to start the problem.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Acidosis(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2012
will these killings ever end?
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by StarrMatthieu: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2012
Good point
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2012
A friend of mine was almost killed on that same long bridge by fulani men bout 2years ago.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
try it anywhere near igbo land and we go show una wats up
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Afam4eva(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
kandiikane: So, how did these so called 'fulani herdsmen' manage to travel all the way from the north with their cattles and stab someone?

Na wa.

Big fat propaganda!
There are Fulanis everywhere. Not just in the north.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by amosy007: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
Small time now sum people will come and tell us that those killers (fulani people) didnt deserve to be deported to their cave or shot in d head wherever u find one

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by JimmyBoy1: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
So the Police spokesman expects the man who is currently in Intensive Care Unit to go and report in a police station first, before the police can read Long bridge of criminals? O ma she oooo

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mikeapollo: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nigeria is just a useless funny country! The security authorities are watching these Fulani idiots killing amd maiming people without doing anything. Untill when these Fulanis become foot-soldiers and operatives for Boko Haram in the Lagos/South West region.

I dont know why it is difficult/impossible for our govt to dislodge these miscreants

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by sdiq: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
FULANI AGAIN MAKE THEM DEPLOY SOLDIER GO THERE JARE IF THEM NO SE WHERE TO CARRY THEM PIKIN GO CHOP AGAIN THERE MEDULA GO CORRECT
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
gboss4sure: try it anywhere near igbo land and we go show una wats up

Sweetheart, I went to Ama etiti in Enugu state and I saw dem.. Harrasing and robbing the villagers. Said its been happening for sometime and the state govt is doing nothing about it. So......

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ebamma(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2012
as clueless as goodluck jonathan,as illiterate as patience jonathan,as crooked as farouk lawan,as dangerous as bokoharam,as foolish as fulani men

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by victorD3: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
Their brains are half Ram half Cow
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by passionate88: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
Why can't the police go to the hospital to take his (the victim) report?.. Why wait for him to come to u..

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by fixmykey(m): 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
It is painful to know that shocking things happened within our environment and no drastic measure is taken. This is not the first time suspected Fulani-heards men attached innocent people. Last week my uncle in PH also told me about similar attached in EDO state where Fulani men were attacking people.

Well, I have always known Fulani to be very dangerous people. A town Fulani man is different from nomadic Fulani. An average nomadic Fulani person is a wild-dog. They are very hostile and dangerous. They move around with knifes and cutlass. Back in the days when we were still living in the far north, you will see them come crazing with their cattle’s in your farmland and when you challenge them, they will use their weapons even in the noth central NIGER STATE. Fulani’s lives in what they call RUGA. I don’t know what is bringing them to this part of the country. And again, people shouldn’t be allowed to carry weapons such as cutlass, knifes, daga or any form of sharp abject. They should be license. They government should do something about this and let us be careful because this was how the today dreaded BOKO HARAM STARTED.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ifyalways(f): 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
How did the victim, reporter and everyone else "know" that it was fulani herdsmen?
Is there another memo somewhere Cos from what is posted here, I fail to see the fulani link

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Ninilowo(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
Jimmy Boy: So the Police spokesman expects the man who is currently in Intensive Care Unit to go and report in a police station first, before the police can read Long bridge of criminals? O ma she oooo
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
kandiikane: So, how did these so called 'fulani herdsmen' manage to travel all the way from the north with their cattles and stab someone?

Na wa.

Big fat propaganda!
So along dat road u dont see falani men rearin cattles? Dats where dey stay on d road,so if u wnt to test urself stop along dat road lets see if it'll b dsame story. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lacasa: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nairaland don turn media speculators.. undecided

Every crime along any Highway in nigeria be it east west north south is committed by fulani.

Tђere are no criminals on lagos/ibadan expressway from any-other tribe but it must be a Fulani man undecided

The truth is, wat most nigerians obviously dnt кησω is †ђat . Fulannis only move with their herd, they only fight wen they are provoked, anϑ they move with a maximum of 3 herdsmen ϯo a herd anϑ not in a community, which are the rearers being all male.

But, the stories i read with the title - "Suspected Fulani Herdsmen" wld make one think they are a militia group †ђat randomly attack travellers fσr the fun of it.

Its misleading n Amazing ϯo see. But, i guess †ђat 's nigerian media fσr Ɣou (anything goes ϯo make headline news, even unconfirmed news)undecided.

Nairaland we hail oo grin grin
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by madjune(m): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2012
And my maiguard is a fulani boy...so anytime now, i'd expect him to draw a knife when i ask him to wash my car?
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by logica(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
OPC should do something about this if the police don't want to.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Sunbellar: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
tchidi:

Sweetheart, I went to Ama etiti in Enugu state and I saw dem.. Harrasing and robbing the villagers. Said its been happening for sometime and the state govt is doing nothing about it. So......
sweethrt tchidi, u re perfectly right. They re terrorizing d igboland too
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by awalgonga: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
I didn't believe it, it is a lie, so in nigeria now even crime has been ethnicticise, if a local man stab him or rob him u will hear armyrobber attack him, if it herdsmen u will hear they were called by their tribe what a pity, what ever name we called them without these dirty & uncivilise herdsmen we will not see meat in nigeria except we import,courtesy of them thousand are employed from animal trader to meatseller to suya seller without these fulani herdsmen they will all be redundant, they are saving nigeria billions of dollars foreign exchange & govt is not doing anything to them in return.
Re: Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Strike On Lagos-ibadan Expressway by sunkoye: 2:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
okada on long bridge? i pray the man should get well asap for rounds of court proceeding. jeez! thats a suicide attempt!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Don't Need To Die For Any Politician / Video Footage From The Nigerian Airforce Hand Launched Ichoku Class UAV. / Ifelodun Local Government Area Of Kwara State Is Larger Than The Whole Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.