Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Spam On Nairaland? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Spam On Nairaland? (848 Views)

Www.spamstuff.cc >> Sell All Spam Stuff, Shell Cpanel, Shell Cpanel / What Is Wrong With The Anti-spam Bot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spam On Nairaland? by xanadu: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2007
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by mutiu78(m): 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2007
Thats the works of spammers.
It happens in any forum
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by Etin(f): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2007
mutiu78:

Thats the works of spammers.
It happens in any forum

True but it can be removed can't it?

kachi123 (m)
senegal

Re: Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad
« #52 on: October 08, 2007, 11:20 PM »

Hi Dear,
Hopefully this mail will find you in a perfect state of mind and good healthy condition. While going through the dating sites today,(www.nairaland.com) I came accross your profile which I personally find interesting and charming and decided to drop you few lines just to say hi,I am looking for a friend in a man or woman of your kind who unerderstands the need to love and be loved. I have taken time to see the age difference b/w us but this is really within my choice of age range and I have no problems with that.
I sincerely find you and will be very happy if you can send me an email here (mami_mby@yahoo.co.uk) so that i will send you mail as soon as porsible for you to know me very well.
Regards.
Miss mami

The above user seems to major in spam check out the recent postings all junk!
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by niyyie(m): 1:20am On Oct 11, 2007
Spam is a major issue for public forum admins. Seun spends valuable time deleting such spam threads. The threads are auto-generated by spambots [spam robots] and unscrupulous individuals who cant find anything valuable to do with their idle time.
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by xanadu: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2007
Spam is a major issue for public forum admins. Seun spends valuable time deleting such spam threads. The threads are auto-generated by spambots [spam robots] and unscrupulous individuals who can't find anything valuable to do with their idle time.

Really. Well, quite a few, even after this thread, still appear on first pages of many threads, like the one below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-84995.0.html

Hey, why not just start a good old fan club going, @niyyie?
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by niyyie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2007
Are you implying that I am a fan of Seun? I used Seun as an example here. He is not the only forum admin who has to tackle spam.
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by mellow(m): 2:07pm On Oct 11, 2007
SParm guys abound in every forum. [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by Etin(f): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2007
I have used other forums where spam is not an issue. As a matter of fact it is in the interest of the forum to sort out spam as most site host would gladly kick out your site on that grounds. - No one wants there Server clogged up with scam and eventually Virus.
Re: Spam On Nairaland? by niyyie(m): 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2007
A 100% spam-free forum is not possible. Remember there are humans paid to post spam on forums.

(1) (Reply)

Some Help Me With My Website / Google Adsense / Free Web Design Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.