Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! (11784 Views)

Poll: Do you think the Sowore Approach is the correct one ?

Yes: 92% (106 votes)
No: 7% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Saraki Bribed Facebook - Omoyele Sowore / Dino Melaye Dares Saharareporters, Says Sowore Will Go To Jail / Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by abacus(m): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
3 ministers?

http://www.mfa.gov.ng/leadership.php

Beaf make I ask, is anything wrong having 3 ministers in just 1 ministry?
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by lynkyinka(m): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2012
JAH bless these guys, KUDOS
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by friedrice1: 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2012
Only 3 Sowores in the diaspora could change this country.

To all those thieving politicians and corrupt public officers
traveling to US and Uk , I wish you a Soworoful experience,

Good Job Sowore, your fights wouldn't go unrewarded, Well Done!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by Kilode1: 3:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
Not my style, but they needed that. Bunch of looters.

Sowore was staring down military dictators as Student Union president before he left Nigeria. Those questioning his ability to do this in Nigeria should do a little research.

1. They should find their hotels and make every trip a big headache for these looters.

2. They should have a big poster of Ademola Aderinto's bloodied lifeless body ready at the airport to meet these govt. murderers.

3. They should have poured a bucket of red paint or cow blood on that hideous minister.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by Kilode1: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
bayooooooo:

Sowore has made my day!

How could a Minister come late at all not to talk of being late for more than 90minutes? It's unthinkable. You just don't go late to events and start giving useless excuses about flight delays or whatever.

The approach was not just effective, it sent a message, and a very powerful one at that, that these meaningless, wasteful and utterly useless town hall meetings in US while, ignoring the real epicenter of our trouble which is  right in Nigeria, would no longer be accepted.

A minister flying first class over all over the world organizing town hall meetings! Of what use is that town hall meeting? who do they want to convince, persuade,  re orientate, on a policy which finality of Jonathan's position is not in question? Three ministers in foreign ministry alone when there is no pax Nigeriana anywhere! We are not a world power, not an african power, weak military except to harass peaceful protesters, we are not even an economic powerhouse, we are not fighting war and we have three ministers in a ministry. What manner of expensive diplomacy is Jonathan running?  Jonathan is wasteful!

Can one see how civilized police treat people? I leave it to your imagination to fathom what would have happened had the event been staged in Nigeria. The useless, corrupt and incompetent police boss would have threaten them with treason!

I couldn't have put it better. Especially the bit about 3 ministers. Still they can't see it, yet they want to cut subsidy waste?

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by aljharem(m): 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
abacus:

3 ministers?

http://www.mfa.gov.ng/leadership.php

Beaf make I ask, is anything wrong having 3 ministers in just 1 ministry?

LOL, we have 3 foreign affires miniters

2 FCT ministers

2 Niger-delta ministry apart from NDDC. What is the job of the 2 minister and what is the job of NDDC

Minister of water resources shocked when we have a miniter of Natural resources and minister of environment

Minister of petroleum resources when we have 2 ministers of Natural resources which crude oil falls under

also miniter of steel and mine can fall under minster of science and technology and vice versa

Minster of transport etc can fall under minster of national planning commission.

I can go on and on and on

Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources

Alhaji Bukar Tijani Borno Minister of State - Agriculture and Natural Resources

Mrs. Hadiza Ibrahim Mailafa Minister of Environment

Mrs. Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi Federal Ministry of Aviation

Senator Bala Abdulkadir Muhammed Federal Ministry of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide Minister of State - Federal Ministry of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

Mr. Olusegun� Aganga Ministry of Trade & Investment

Dr. Samuel Ioraer Ortom Minister of State - Ministry of Trade & Investment

Dr. Bello H. Mohammed Federal Ministry of Defense

Erelu Olusola Obada Minister of State, Defence

Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi Federal Ministry of Youth Development

Chief Edem Duke Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism and National Orientation

Prof. (Mrs) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa'i Federal Ministry of Education

Mr. Nyesom Wike Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Education

Arc. Mike Onolememen Federal Ministry of Works

Ambassador Bashir Yugudu Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Works

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Federal Ministry of Finance

Dr. Yerima Lawal Ngama Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Finance

Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Professor (Mrs) Viola Onwuliri Minister of State 1 - Foreign Affairs

Dr. Nuruddeen Mohammed Minister of State II - Foreign Affairs Maputo Street

Mr. Bart Nnaji Minister of State for Power

Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe Federal Ministry of Water Resources

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu Federal Ministry of Health

Dr. Mohammed Pate Minister of State - Ministry of Health

Prof. Taoheed Adedoja Minister of Special Duties

Labaran Maku Federal Minister of Information and Communication

Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN Federal Ministry of Justice

Navy Captain Caleb Olubolade Federal Ministry of Police Affairs

Mrs. Deizani Alison-Madueke Ministry of Petroleum Resources

Arc. Mohammed Musa Sada Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development

Prof. Ita Okon Bassey Ewa Federal Ministry of Science and Technology

Alhaji Yusuf Suleman Federal Ministry of Sports

Senator Idris A.Umar Federal Ministry of Transport

Hajia Zainab Maina Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development

Dr. Shamsudeen Usman National Planning Commission

Hajia Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi Minister of State, Niger Delta Affairs -

Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by fiesty(f): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2012
What  Sowore did was beautiful.

If you want to send a message to someone, you do it where it hurts.

In the UK, a strike works beacuse the government is responsible for the economy. Recently westminster Council Chairman was planning on introducing parking charges in the evening and weekends.There was an uproar and he relented once he was shown the negative impact it will have on the economy. He did the honourable thing , he resigned.

In Nigeria, our governments only respect private wealth for self grandiosity, hero worship, respect and power. Then lets deprive them of that. Disrespect them at every opportuniy, disgrace them. No more Honorary degrees, chieftancy titles, refering to them as excellency call them by their first names. No more inviting them to events or attendiing theirs.

At every event and occassion we meet them, call a thief a thief. Let us show them that money without a good name is nothing.

They can steal our money but they can't steal our hearts and conscience.

Please lets replicate Sowore's behaviour in Nigeria. At your wedding, if they come tell the musician not to sing their praises after all you paid him and not them. Start events on time and let them join in anytime they stroll in, dont reserve sits for them.

Let us treat them like what they are scum.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by friedrice1: 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^ Bless you sister!

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by seenoevil1: 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina   Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources  

[s]Alhaji Bukar Tijani Borno   Minister of State - Agriculture and Natural Resources   [/s] scrap one

Mrs. Hadiza Ibrahim Mailafa   Minister of Environment  

[s]Mrs. Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi   Federal Ministry of Aviation   [/s] under transport

Senator Bala Abdulkadir Muhammed   Federal Ministry of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

[s]Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide   Minister of State - Federal Ministry of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)[/s] scrap one

[s]Mr. Olusegun� Aganga   Ministry of Trade & Investment[/s] under ministry of finance

[s]Dr. Samuel Ioraer Ortom Minister of State - Ministry of Trade & Investment[/s] same as above

Dr. Bello H. Mohammed Federal Ministry of Defense  

Erelu Olusola Obada Minister of State, Defence  

Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi   Federal Ministry of Youth Development   = what is your job and why are you invisible?

Chief Edem Duke   Federal Ministry of Culture and Tourism and National Orientation

Prof. (Mrs) Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa'i   Federal Ministry of Education  

[s]Mr. Nyesom Wike   Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Education   [/s] scrap one

Arc. Mike Onolememen   Federal Ministry of Works  

[s]Ambassador Bashir Yugudu   Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Works[/s] scrap one

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala   Federal Ministry of Finance  

Dr. Yerima Lawal Ngama   Minister of State - Federal Ministry of Finance

Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru   Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs

[s]Professor (Mrs) Viola Onwuliri   Minister of State 1 - Foreign Affairs  

Dr. Nuruddeen Mohammed   Minister of State II - Foreign Affairs   Maputo Street[/s] pick one , scrap two

Mr. Bart Nnaji   Minister of State for Power  

Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe   Federal Ministry of Water Resources

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu   Federal Ministry of Health  

[s]Dr. Mohammed Pate Minister of State - Ministry of Health   [/s] scrap one

Prof. Taoheed Adedoja   Minister of Special Duties = what on earth is your job and why are you invisible ?  

Labaran Maku   Federal Minister of Information and Communication  

Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN Federal Ministry of Justice

Navy Captain Caleb Olubolade   Federal Ministry of Police Affairs  

Mrs. Deizani Alison-Madueke   Ministry of Petroleum Resources  

[s]Arc. Mohammed Musa Sada   Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development[/s]   = Under natural resources

Prof. Ita Okon Bassey Ewa Federal Ministry of Science and Technology  

Alhaji Yusuf Suleman   Federal Ministry of Sports

Senator Idris A.Umar Federal Ministry of Transport  

Hajia Zainab Maina   Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development

Dr. Shamsudeen Usman   National Planning Commission  

[s]Hajia Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi   Minister of State, Niger Delta Affairs    -[/s]

[s]Elder Peter Godsday Orubebe   Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs [/s]   [/s] what's the difference between NDDC and these guys ?

Ministry of aviation should be under MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT. after all aeroplanes are for transportation .

Ministry of trade and investment should be under MINISTRY OF FINANCE , trade and investment all belong in the financial sector .

According to wikipedia the Ministry of Interior conducts international relations and duties relating to Nigerians abroad . IS THIS NOT THE SAME AS MINISTRY OF FOREGIN AFFAIRS

Ministry of Mines and steel and petroleum should ALL be under NATURAL RESOURCES because steel and petroleum are natural resources .

Why did the FG have to break the ministry of lands and urban development away from the ministry of works when according to wikipedia they DO THE EXACT SAME THING ?

What on earth is the job of the Minister of special duties (what is that ??) and the minister of youth development lol .

We already have NDDC why should we have Ministry of Niger delta affairs , not 1 but 2 !! and what EXACTLY is their job

We need only one ministry each for health , foreign affairs , education

I believe under 5minutes i have been able to reduce the amount of ministries in Nigeria thereby cutting the expenditure of the Government . Enough of this long list of ministers crap , its stupid and embarrassing.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by olafolarin(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2012
SOWORE IS A LEGEND!!!!!!

Thats a UNILAG product.
One of the best UNILAG SUG President.

5 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by aljharem(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
see*noevil:

Ministry of aviation should be under MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT. after all aeroplanes are for transportation .

Ministry of trade and investment should be under MINISTRY OF FINANCE , trade and investment all belong in the financial sector .

According to wikipedia the Ministry of Interior conducts international relations and duties relating to Nigerians abroad . IS THIS NOT THE SAME AS MINISTRY OF FOREGIN AFFAIRS

Ministry of Mines and steel and petroleum should ALL be under NATURAL RESOURCES because steel and petroleum are natural resources .

Why did the FG have to break the ministry of lands and urban development away from the ministry of works when according to wikipedia they DO THE EXACT SAME THING ?

What on earth is the job of the Minister of special duties (what is that ??) and the minister of youth development lol .

We already have NDDC why should we have Ministry of Niger delta affairs , not 1 but 2 !! and what EXACTLY is their job

I believe under 5minutes i have been able to reduce the amount of ministries in Nigeria thereby cutting the expenditure of the Government . Enough of this long list of ministers crap , its silly and embarrassing.

+ 10000 you see what I mean that Nigeria is a funny country

Remember we still have NDDC as well as those ministers you mentioned

LOL
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by tboy30: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
@Beaf.u r 1 piece of shit.shebi Jonah wud leave n u be dumped.we would b waiting for u.don't think u can run oo cos outside naija would b hotter for u.I cover d european axis waiting for u.common thief like u.Piece of advice for u.folo Jona when he leaves to his house cos u go see hell.mi no send u

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by jumobi1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 20, 2012
Nigeria is full of waste no doubt but there is only one ministry of Health and Foreign Affairs. What there is is a Senior Minister and two junior ministers in foreign Affairs. Two ministers in not unheard of although we can assume we have two for the wrong reasons. (two satisfy the need for a minister from every state. (Waste!)
The foreign Ministry is very different from the Interior Ministry. Interior deals with inside Nigeria.

see*noevil:

I believe under 5minutes i have been able to reduce the amount of ministries in Nigeria thereby cutting the expenditure of the Government . Enough of this long list of ministers crap , its silly and embarrassing.

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by Toronto123: 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
I thought mr president says no more international travel for govt officials shocked ?  ENough is enough oh

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
Kilode?!:

Not my style, but they needed that. Bunch of looters.

Sowore was staring down military dictators as Student Union president before he left Nigeria. Those questioning his ability to do this in Nigeria should do a little research.

1. They should find their hotels and make every trip a big headache for these looters.

2. They should have a big poster of Ademola Aderinto's bloodied lifeless body ready at the airport to meet these govt. murderers.

3. They should have poured a bucket of red paint or cow blood on that hideous minister.

the only language the fuckers understand

“It was when I was in a police cell at the C.I.D. (Central Intelligence Division) headquarters in Lagos; the cell I was in named "The Kalakuta Republic" by the prisoners. I found out when I went to East Africa that "Kalakuta" is a Swahili word that means "rascal." So if rascality is going to get us what we want, we will use it; because we are dealing with corrupt people, we have to be rascally with them.”
― Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by FutureDon(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2012
This piece made my day. God's protection for Sowore and other Comrades. God will keep you away from those 'blood-thirsty' Politicians.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by dumodust(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2012
the simple truth is that i watched that video with happiness cheesy grin, that sowore guy just made my day!!!! lol!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by megastu(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
What pissed me most: Guys, did you notice those officials,including the so called minister did not stand up for the National Anthem? Mehn this country sef.

A minister is not even patroitic. NA WAH OH!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by ziga: 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
megastu:

What pissed me most: Guys, did you notice those officials,including the so called minister did not stand up for the National Anthem? Mehn this country sef.

A minister is not even patroitic. NA WAH OH!

Imagine. . . But dem fit stand up to chop all our money!!!

Chei! Subsidy!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by sultaan(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
I'm sorry to say that was not a smart move by Sowore You can chew the minister for being late, but lets have a grown up talk of how to fix things.

Victory is not through making Aluta noise, that was for those days in Unilag.

Let the minister make her point then pick out big holes in the plan(if any exist) and suggest realistic alternatives.

He showed no respect for the speaker nor the audience in the hall, the person claiming this is America land of freedom is the one getting thrown out by

American police. Where is the victory in that?

If he had used his position as part of the audience with a different view, the police cannot throw him out, like he said he's free to express his opinion in a proper manner, but not become a menace which he did by his action.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by emmatok(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2012
sultaan:

I'm sorry to say that was not a smart move by Sowore You can chew the minister for being late, but lets have a grown up talk of how to fix things.

Victory is not through making Aluta noise, that was for those days in Unilag.

Let the minister make her point then pick out big holes in the plan(if any exist) and suggest realistic alternatives.

He showed no respect for the speaker nor the audience in the hall, the person claiming this is America land of freedom is the one getting thrown out by

American police. Where is the victory in that?

If he had used his position as part of the audience with a different view, the police cannot throw him out, like he said he's free to express his opinion in a proper manner, but not become a menace which he did by his action.

What respect are you talking about.

The same minister that disrespect Nigeria and sat down during the National Anthem.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by megastu(m): 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
@SULTAN,

I dont get what you are saying. You didnt notice that he had the microphone and was addressing issues when the mic was grabbed by those over paid Nigerian Consular officers who do nothing.

By the way, that Minister does not even deserve respect from even kids. She was sitting down all through when the National Anthem was played.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by sultaan(m): 1:23am On Jan 23, 2012
Because the person in front monkeys around does not mean there is a zoo following behind.

Getting throw out by police is not victory, getting applauded by the audience should be the goal.

In this case, painting his face white with a red nose would have gotten the same result, basically same as worst result of failed protest.

Those in government are far gone, can't change. But as individuals we should all thrive for the higher path.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by josite: 3:57pm On May 10, 2013
this sowore guy gives me hope and I can assure him when he needs support most he will get it in jesus name.i don't know any Nigeria at this point in time who has done this much except GANI.we must all strengthen the likes of sowore.

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 10, 2013
omoyele soleye, omo akin, ku ise na!
Whether in diaspora or homeland, igba wo la o to jaiye oba?

We shall kill them all.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by WhiteJacket: 10:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen. Many many years before the presidential ambition, this fearless leader has been fighting for the freedom of his people.

Friends, this here is a man of CONSISTENT INTEGRITY. Bold and outspoken. I don't know about you, but I care about the future of my country and this here is the person I want to take on the leadership of this great country.

Who do you want?
Who do we need?
Who does our nation cry and yearn for all night!!

OMOYELE SOWORE FOR PRESIDENT 2019

TAKE IT BACK! AAC
TAKE IT BACK! AAC
AAC AAC AAC AAC

3 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by WhiteJacket: 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
olafolarin:
SOWORE IS A LEGEND!!!!!!

Thats a UNILAG product.
One of the best UNILAG SUG President.
Now he needs our vote to take our great nation to the next level.
Greatest Akokites !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by WhiteJacket: 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
josite:
this sowore guy gives me hope and I can assure him when he needs support most he will get it in jesus name.i don't know any Nigeria at this point in time who has done this much except GANI.we must all strengthen the likes of sowore.
Now he actually needs our support. Let us all rally round him

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Disgraces Nigerian Politician! by earnvest: 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
He's been on the side of the ordinary man from tey tey. No be today something.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: APC NEC Did Not Hold Meeting At FEC Chamber / 52 Northern Groups Convene Security Meeting In Kaduna / Governor El-Rufai Celebrates Kaduna At 100 With Gala Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.