Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,149 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme (21918 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Yabatech Admission,post Utme And Screening Processes / What Are The Text Books That You Can Make Use For Jamb Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2012
I am starting this thread to enable those who had passed (and those going to write) JAMB examination to share the text-book that they found interesting and valuable and in what subject.For me, I did JAMB six years ago and here is my list:
English- Tomzan English Grammar in full swing
Biology- Modern Biology and Essentials of Biology by S. Odunfa
Physics- The Science Physics by Afolabi J.R and
Chemistry- Exam Time Chemistry Companion by Oluseyi Thomas and New School Chemistry by Ababio

But in recent time, I can recommend this book for JAMB (UTME) and POST-UTME because I teach biology.

The monograph “Explicit Biology: A Revision Course” for UTME, POST-UTME and other related examinations written by Mr. O.J. Olaoye is a complementary text to the various textbooks that have been written in the subject area. The book has five sections and twenty seven chapters on all the biology topics.
This book has become timely in view of the poor results that are being witnessed in the UTME exam, ination especially in the sciences and mathematics, biology inclusive. These majorly are due to poor or inadequate access to good study materials.
Each chapter has annotated topics followed by copious specimen questions on some past UTME and POST –UTME examination, for practice and emphasis. The topics in each chapter are adequately treated and with clarity. The illustrations are simple but effective.
The author has done a lot of work and put in efforts to come out with a very readable and useful text. It is highly recommended to all the students aspiring to undertake the UTME and POST-UTME examination, in order to improve highly their chances of success.
Prof. O.A. Sofola
B.Sc, M.Sc, M.B.B.S (Lagos), Ph.D (Leeds), FAS (Nig.)
Professor of physiology,
College of Medicine, University of Lagos
Former Vice Chancellor, OOU, Ago- Iwoye. Ogun State.

JAMB (UTME) and POST-UTME BIOLOGY just got simplified with EXPLICIT BIOLOGY. call 08069451567, 08024761905 (Lagos); 08036871967 (Benin). Follow on facebook: Explicit Biology

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Alpet(m): 11:08am On Jan 20, 2012
Invisible Teacher 4 english by Dele Ashade
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2012
A-Z Jamb Use of English by Dele Ashade

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Oxman(m): 1:47am On Jan 21, 2012
A-Z by dele Ashade. grin
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^Dat book make sense.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by destineguy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2012
Buy lamlad all subjects 4 both jamb and pjamb exams

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by godstino(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2012
@destiny is it all subject in one in the lamlad? and whats the cost,

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by owolabi101: 8:09am On Jan 22, 2012
is there any interesting textbook for general knowledge?
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Emmaesty(f): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2012
Economics made easy-D.O Eyiyere,Comprehensive Government,Essential oral english & of course, Invinsible teacher-Dele Ashade.Can anyone recommend any lit-in-eng text book for jamb?
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by TimiLewis(f): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2012
mastery literature 4 jamb or exam focus 4 wace.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Emmaesty(f): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^thanks but i already have it(mastery of literature), can u pls recommend any oda book cos i don't really like d book(not explanatory enough), exam focus syllabus is different from d jamb syllabus.THANKS
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ godstino, Lamlad is a series in all the subjects. But I can only recommend Lamlad Physics and Lamlad Mathematics. Lamlad Biology CANNOT stand Explicit Biology. Explict Biology is written strictly for JAMB (UTME) and POST-UTME. It covers JAMB syllabus sufficiently. It cost #500.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 11:03am On Aug 08, 2012
Here is the new edition of Explicit Biology. It's a must read for prospective 'JAMBITES'!!!

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Horlammy9: 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2013
Which chemistry text book is essential 4 Jamb?
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
I already mentioned Exam Time Chemistry Companion by A. Oluseyi Thomas. But I just saw Lamlad Chemistry, a year ago. It buttressed each topic with plethora of model questions just like Explicit Biology. You may go for it.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 6:16pm On Jan 07, 2013
I understand that some people have challenges in getting Explicit Biology. Here are some places you can get it.
Lagos (or call 08069451567, 08024761905 for nearest location):
1. M. Adefila Bookshop- Ojuelegba Road 2. Rarebooks.com- 13 Onikoyi Street, Aguda, Surulere.
3. Adams College, Afariogun, Oshodi.
4. Adams College, Boladale, Oshodi.

Ile-Ife:
1. OAU Bookshop, Ile-Ife and Moro campus.
2. Apex Tutors, Ibadan Road.
3. Ayo Success Tutors, Ibadan Road.
4. Damico Tutors, Ede Road.

Benin City:
1. Aideyan Bookshop, Mission Road.
2. Solid Lectures, Iheya.
3. Mega Lectures, Ugbowo.
4. Pedagogue Lectures, Ugbowo.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by awodman: 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
How about checking out 'one time success I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ jamb' series of past questions and answers...d book explains τ̅☺ the letter and doesn't leave U̶̲̥̅̊ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ doubt about their answers τ̅☺ a given question..goodluck ya all
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by toniatt(f): 11:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
for biology use college biology it d best
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE BOOK EXPLICIT BIOLOGY- A Revision Course (2nd edition):
1. The book covers every topic in biology syllabus for UTME & POST-UTME; and can be covered within few days.
2. It is an ideal companion to the standard textbooks written on the subject.
3. There are objective questions on every topic mostly from JAMB (UME 1978-Date; PCE 1991-2009) and essay questions mostly from WAEC
(SSCE 1990-Date).
4. Analytical explanations to all the objective questions with simple language and student-friendly presentation.
5. Mock tests (2 sets of 50 questions each) for final assessment before the exam.
6. POST-UTME questions of some universities.
7. Mnemonics have been included to make difficult topics easier to memorize.
8. A section for diagrams, cycles, tables, and charts for better comprehension and easy learning.
9. Even a below average student can crack the exam after reading this book.
10. Glossary has also been included to master basic terms in biology.
11. It contains over 2,000 objective questions in all of which at least 80% of the exam questions will come from.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Explicit Biology is in Ibadan. Check OAJ Bookshop @ Railway Shopping Plaza opposite Post-office, Dugbe. Ibadan.
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Odunharry(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2013
a to z in english is good..
Get jamb past questions and answers compiled by jamb and the bridge concept
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by peterspp(m): 4:35am On Sep 05, 2014
Watchout foR psquaresearch government and psquarebooks they ar d best

1 Share

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by peterspp(m): 4:40am On Sep 05, 2014
This is the best government textbook so far with a current update. Call on 08105613717. Other of our powerful high score still on the pipe line... Just call
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 12:49am On Jan 02, 2015
This video beautifully summarizes Explicit Biology and Explicit Chemistry. Watch, like and share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AV9VjFayKE

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
plz how much is v6 lamlard txt book?
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by ajayi2016(m): 8:38am On Dec 15, 2016
Try "one time success series". For all subjects. One time success is a series which consists of Chemistry, physics, mathematics, English Language, Biology, e.t.c. All the questions are solved and explained. To obtain your subject series of one time success call MR. Samson Akomire on 080552838444, 07063474749
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Dunsin89(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2016
For Chemistry-JAMB, I will strongly recommend "Understanding Chemistry" by Dr Godwin Ojokuku. it is very very good and it makes chemistry as simple as ABC.
BIO- College Biology by Idodo Umeh and Explicit biology
PHY-New School Physics by Prof MW Anyakoha
ENG-Invisible teacher and A-Z JAMB Use of English by Dr Ashade
I teach Biology and Chemistry in a private secondary school in Ondo city, Ondo state. So a student who knows his/her onions should do the needful without delay.
Mr Dunsin (Rush) B.sc-Biochemistry. OAU, Ile-ife.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2018
DelePhd:
@ godstino, Lamlad is a series in all the subjects. But I can only recommend Lamlad Physics and Lamlad Mathematics. Lamlad Biology CANNOT stand Explicit Biology. Explict Biology is written strictly for JAMB (UTME) and POST-UTME. It covers JAMB syllabus sufficiently. It cost #500.
still available ?
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by DelePhd: 6:25am On Mar 05, 2018
Yes, but now for #1,500 each (Explicit Biology, Explicit Chemistry); #1,000 only (Explicit Use of English).
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by Bishops10(m): 7:58am On Mar 05, 2018
For your legit jamb runz Contact me on 08176255344 (whatsapp /call) 5k for Four papers You get your questions and answers few hours before the exam
Re: Share Your Valuable Text-books For Jamb (utme) And Post-utme by freshlaw: 8:05am On Mar 05, 2018
Great thread. Is there any for WAEC/NECO textbooks? Pls post the link.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rituals: Ondo Police Arrest Teachers For Taking Pupils' Blood & Fingernails / Kano Demands Apology From American University Over Fake Professorship To Ganduje / LAUTECH Suspends Certificate Of Graduate Who Claimed A Lecturer Victimised Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.