Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief (866 Views)

Bukola Saraki’s Assets Form Not Verified By EFCC , Says Witness / N35bn Pension Scam Uncovered At HOSF / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by sheyguy: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2012
N151b pension scam uncovered through EFCC, says task force chief

The Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Force Team, Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, yesterday said N151billion fraud was uncovered in the pension offices across the country through the assistance and intervention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He said houses worth about N15billion have been seized from corrupt officials in the Pension Office of the Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.

About 71,133 fake pensioners have been detected by the team.

Maina, who spoke in Abuja when he visited the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, added that about N24billion cash was recovered.

He said: “The task force team, in conjunction with the EFCC, traced and recovered about N24billion and N15billion worth of property from some corrupt government officials in the Office of the Head of the Civil Service Pension Department. Sixty-six illegal bank accounts with N180million were also discovered.

“We are grateful to the EFCC for its assistance in this regard.”

A statement by the Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Wilson Uwujaren, said the task force chairman noted that pensioners have been suffering due to paucity of funds.

He said the team, since its inauguration in June 2010, has realised that mismanagement and graft had brought misery to pensioners.

“They have been suffering due to large-scale corruption through diversion and mismanagement of pension fund, manipulation and falsification of data, non-improvement in the pension administrative structure, bureaucracy with poor, unreliable and inefficient accounting system,” the statement said.

To check such anomalies, he said his team had successfully conducted nationwide biometric verification of pensioners and detected 71,133 fake pensioners.

He sought the EFCC’s assistance in personnel and security for his team.

Maina added: “We are increasingly getting threats to our lives from some faceless members of the public.”

The task force chief urged the EFCC to watch pension offices to find out if any scam or shadiness is being perpetrated.

Lamorde hailed the cordial relationship between the two organisations, saying this should be emulated by other agencies.

He said: “We must all join hands to fight this cankerworm called corruption. The scam associated with pension administration was callous and avoidable. Forty-two people are standing trial over offences relating to pension scam and more people will be prosecuted as investigation continues.

“We hope the prosecution will serve as a deterrent to those who may wish to get into this callous and inhuman venture.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/33925-n151b-pension-scam-uncovered-through-efcc-says-task-force-chief.html
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by JUO(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2012
naija
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2012
I tire o. . . .corruption everywhere but what can i say even when the PRESIDENT himself is CORRUPT.
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by kelz88(f): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
Naija, I just weep for you. Always bad news! Tuffiiiaaaaa!!

Meanwhile so many pensioners that could really do with the money.

God, you can't still be asleep, surely?!
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by GeneralGEJ: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2012
phocking country . I can only fight corruption if kill all of u
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by kelz88(f): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2012
So what's with the username? You gonna kill yourself too?
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by ak47mann(m): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
GeneralGEJ:

phocking country . I can only fight corruption if kill all of u
cool
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by GeneralGEJ: 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2012
kelz88:

So what's with the username? You gonna kill yourself too?

I am not corrupt -
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by kelz88(f): 2:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
LOL! If you're not, Jona is sha.
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by sheyguy: 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2012
kelz88:

Naija, I just weep for you.[b] Always bad news! [/b]Tuffiiiaaaaa!!

Meanwhile so many pensioners that could really do with the money.

God, you can't still be asleep, surely?!
This is actually a gøod news considering that corruption which is widespread has gone undetected many times.
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by kelz88(f): 2:18pm On Jan 20, 2012
Ye. . . depending on how you see it.

But we need need this info to know what has been happening since. Always bad news!
Money money money!!

Even the EFFC is corrupt. How many arrests have they actually made, and how many have gone to court and prison?!

Everyday for the thief sha.
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by EkoIle1: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
Every corner of this administration is nothing but corruption and looting and stealing.
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by GeneralGEJ: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
Eko Ile:

Every corner of this administration is nothing but corruption and looting and stealing.

Ode

I dont understand - My boys discover corruption - yet you are blaming my admistration for being corrupt
Re: N151b Pension Scam Uncovered Through Efcc, Says Task Force Chief by sheyguy: 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
@kelz88 and Eko Ile, dön't forget Efcc now has a new head, Ibrahim Lamorde. Lets hope they keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Was That Patience Jonathan At The Afcon Finals? / Two Feared Dead As Bomb Blast Rocks P-harcourt -vanguard Newspaper / Kaduna Again, Nasarawa Christians Was Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.