Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? (1500 Views)

5 top ways to Reduce Your Website Bounce Rate / How Can I Reduce My Data Usage While Browsing? / Ebook: A Client's Guide To Web Design/development Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 20, 2012
This is something that keeps recurring. Now, someone negotiated a job with me, i agreed to do it and have done it.
Now, the client requires another job like the first with few modifications, and i am saying that i am not reducing the price.

Am i right or wrong or both? Your give and take please. This 2012, na real wa.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by yawatide(f): 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2012
No "real wa" at all. I have been in similar situations before. You are doing the same thing (as in, you may be building the same car). Then you add "slight modifications". As a courtesy, I might charge the same but, if the "slight modifications" get as e b, you charge "slightly". The good thing is that since you have already worked with this client, then they have gained your trust so the telling them the price shouldn't be as painful.

No b 2012 talk. Na capitalism talk cool
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^^This year, i am a money-maker, not just a programmer or a web-developer. Subsidy don catch up with us na. Eyes dey chook. Petrol don cost, programming for 6 hours on petrol with generator na big deal now.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by greenmouse(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2012
My friend, just reduce small money for the guy.

Say 5k-10k

After all he is a good client to return back.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by yawatide(f): 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
greenmouse, riddle me this please:

I assume you have your favorite eating joint that you go to, at least once every 2 weeks. If this is so (and I know it is so, so don't deny cool), each time you go to get your favorite dish, does the owner of the joint reduce the price of the food for you, on account of you being a return customer? If no, why are you applying the same concept to websites? Or are you saying that they are not on the same level, concept-wise?

Folks,

We really need to learn how to give our line of work the respect it deserves. Charity begins at home. If we don't love and respect what we do, who will? angry
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^^^ lovely comparism, and its quite true, the second time is usually lots more stressful cuz they assume its all part of support.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by teemy(m): 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
Every client has the right to renegotiate and so do you. If(Selling price == Buying price) {trade_takes_place();}
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
And there is subsidy. . . .
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by teemy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 21, 2012
*dhtml:

And there is subsidy. . . .
good point.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
Even pure water has doubled from 5 to 10 naira. So my price don skyrocket too now, abeg.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Skulboy(m): 1:28am On Jan 29, 2012
*dhtml:

^^^This year, i am a money-maker, not just a programmer or a web-developer. Subsidy don catch up with us na. Eyes dey chook. Petrol don cost, programming for 6 hours on petrol with generator na big deal now.

Lolz. Your price isn't supposed to go downward o. Since the guy return give you another job, it means he likes your creativity. Just explain better to him why the price should go up and stuff like that.

Money dey hard to part with but your persuasion skills will do best to get it out.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by JessicaJ: 3:24am On Mar 06, 2012
I agree with this " Since the guy return give you another job, it means he likes your creativity. "

When I quote for a job, I don't base my rate on whom I will be working with, but on the job itself. Assess the materials, time and effort you'd exert for the modification and just do the math. Charge the job accordingly and present it with confidence. Good luck!

Jessica

1 Like

Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2012
^^^Spammer
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by JessicaJ: 1:30am On Mar 07, 2012
o.0
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by DualCore1: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2012
*dhtml:

^^^Spammer

No, the user isn't a bot. Bots are not this intelligent to automatically quote a part of a post and post a very fitting answer. It will look like a spam seeing as the post has a bot-like hyperlink. . . but it isn't a spam/bot.

I looked at the other post of this same user on a totally unrelated thread. Bots don't go to unrelated threads.

JessicaJ:

Okay,  imagine,  At her workplace,  You got roses and  notes (telling her what you feel) on the hallway which would lead her to the roof top, where you prepared a nice and well decorated dinner celebration for her. and bam! It would be awesome if you have a choir/ someone singing your theme song as she got on the roof top too. wink 

Jessica
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by AbidemiA: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2012
No I do not reduce price, 95% of times, I charge more, because my work gets better everyday and there will always be something new to add to make the client appreciate my work more.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 07, 2012
@DC, I meant a human spammer and not a spam bot.

Abidemi_A:

No I do not reduce price, 95% of times, I charge more, because my work gets better everyday and there will always be something new to add to make the client appreciate my work more.
Hmmn, that is also true for me - i am constantly improving. . .
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by JessicaJ: 2:08am On Mar 08, 2012
^ That post deserves to be deleted and reported. 

And I am not spamming. I'm just trying to help. Thanks for the nice welcome *dhtml.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by limitbreka: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2012
If you must charge more in ur work. It is the returning customers because the have that confidence that you will deliver it to their test.
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
JessicaJ:

^ That post deserves to be deleted and reported. 

And I am not spamming. I'm just trying to help. Thanks for the nice welcome *dhtml.

thunder fire your head grin
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by JessicaJ: 1:56am On Mar 15, 2012
*dhtml:

thunder fire your head grin

grin grin grin
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 15, 2012
Now this is a spammer with a sense of humour. . . .
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by JessicaJ: 6:33am On Mar 16, 2012
First of all, I would like to say that you amused me for some reason, and I'm not easily amused. Second, please know the facts and think before you speak. I want to believe you aren't a dog who randomly barks on every "stranger" they see and that you are gifted with a brain much more superior than them. And I suggest that you use it. One more thing, hyperlinks can be used by users (not necessarily spammers) to share related informations that can help the readers. And thats what I did. I don't see a logical reason to be treated like an outcast for using it. That's all, thank you and have a nice day. grin
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by DualCore1: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2012
*dhtml, use your head before you pursue this babe commot this section. You know we don't have babes here angry . Yea yea, we have yawa. . . I'm talking of chykable babes. undecided

Ehen, Jessica dearie don't mind *dhtml he was just giving you a geek's welcome. Please have a seat smiley. What will you like to code. . . sorry to drink?
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2012
Aye, thank you very much babe. I was just testing if you was a spam bot or a REAL BABE. All that nonsense i was doing was some form of catcha - and you have passed.
Please can i have your YIM senorita jesica, and i am sorry if i offended you (i don prostrate for hia o),

Thanks dual core for the power-up
Re: If You Do The Same Job Twice For The Same Client, Do You Reduce Price? by PatKing(f): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
Once the word MODIFICATION is used, it means ----- INCREASE. I always charge more on return, though fairly.

(1) (Reply)

Business Owners Now Prefer To Hire Wordpress Website Designers.learn Why. / See How To Create Unlimited Facebook Account Using One Email / Featured Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.