Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria (3403 Views)

. / Project Topics And Materials In Biochemistry / A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by ozor1: 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
hello niralanders i need your opinion/advise.I am faced with the choice of chosing a career in either computer science or biochemistry and i dont know which one to choose so pls i am counting on you. Thanks
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Henevaslips(m): 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
@poster;u've got seek clear directions 4rm God.
Also,it has to do with ur attitude/determination/phobia to either of d two.i.e engineering and health science.
Ask ur self dis quest?Hw gud am i at the two?in contrast be honest with ur self.
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by ozor1: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2012
@henevaslips thanks for your advise but the fact is i belive i can do well in both.So i need the one that is very flexible in terms of securing a job.I wouldnt want to take a course that i would regret later
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2012
Henevaslips:

@poster;u've got seek clear directions 4rm God.
Also,it has to do with ur attitude/determination/phobia to either of d two.i.e engineering and health science.
Ask ur self dis quest?Hw gud am i at the two?in contrast be honest with ur self.

He asked which is viable in Nigeria and you are referring him to god. That's the problem with Nigerians. They can't think for themselves.

If you want to stay in Nigeria, don't, I repeat don't, do computer science. Our government couldn't see the benefits of IT if it rides them unprotected.
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Logba: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2012
You are chosing based on the fact that you are good in Biology/chemistry/mathematics.

However the challenge ahead of you is more than your subject proficiency. It is important that you love what you want to do and be grounded in the requisite subjects so that you can have good academic performance.

Beyound that,life challenge is greater than what you are looking at. Please sit down and analysed what is you want to be in life and then trace that to the profession that can bring forth your dream

Your choice of course should be decided around

1 Dream accomplishment/satisfaction

2 Financial freedom

Look around for people who are established in the professions and check if you want to be like them

Also do not limit your analysis on the two subjects . research well before you chose because it is what will shape your life.

wish u the very best
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by drstan(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2012
Look nigeria today, is nt what u read that matars, bt wat ur certificate is bearing, 1st clas,2nd clas 3rd clas, , if i read biochem and come out wit 1st clas nd anoda wit engr wit 2nd or 3rd clas who wil they acept first,.so read a curs u no, u can come out with a best grade,.bt biochem wil be preferrable, note is nt what u read bt how gud u ar in dat field,
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Henevaslips(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2012
@simonAndal;d young man nids an advice nd i offered him.
I c no reason why G-factor shouldn't be involved.Moreover,the latter sentence should you had understood.
Bro Simon i percieve u r a christian pls always read btw the lines nxt tym before presin those comment pads.
No Offence!
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Henevaslips(m): 11:08pm On Jan 31, 2012
I c no reason why G-factor shouldn't be involved.Moreover,the latter sentence should you had understood.
Bro Simon i percieve u r a christian pls always read btw the lines nxt tym before presin those comment pads.
No Offence!
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Henevaslips(m): 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2012
No Offence!
Re: Computer Science Or Biochemistry Which Is More Viable In Nigeria by Henevaslips(m): 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2012
No Offence!

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Gabriel Oyibo: Controversial Mathematician / Study In Spain: Low Tuition Universities, Admission Process And Cost Of Living / 6 Tough But Underated Course To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.