Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working (2110 Views)

Help! My Bluetooth Suddenly Stopped Working . / My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me / My Sound Device Isn't Working. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by mikkyjay(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2007
pls someone should help me my desktop audio suddenly stopped working i mean my speakers although i wouldnt know if it from the system or from the desktop speakers, it just stopped working suddenly and i tried restarting the system but still no sound and i cant play any audio or video again, pls anyone with an idea of what could be the problem should post here thanx
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by netotse(m): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
thats happened to me a no. of times a quick lazy way is to use system restore to go back to u're last checkpoint(if as u sed it jst stopped working)
dunno wot the proper way to do it is, am usu to lazy to start troubleshooting my laptop when it happens just chill sha maybe the big boys'll soon arrive nd take ova
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by koseepaaro(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2007
Guy, can you locate speaker icon beside the "date and time" at the lower right side of your system. And again, did you connect external speaker to that your laptop? If so, let's know.
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 16, 2007
this file 'sndvol32.exe' or 'sndrec 32.exe' may have been accidentally deleted from your system 32 folder.

use the search feature. if neither of the files shows up, you can

1 google and download the files
2 copy them from another systems system 32 folder (assuming the system is running xp-i'm assuming you're running xp)

this is the typical path C:\Windows\System32\
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Maleeq(m): 4:15pm On Oct 16, 2007
@oyb

Those are system files. Windows file protection ensures the are ALWAYS there in the system directory. If you "mistakenly" delete them, windows would auto-replace it within seconds. Try it out yourself, delete it and then scroll to the bottom of the \system32 folder and you'll find them right there again + you get a copy in the recycle bin grin). So, it cant be the problem the poster is facing here.

@poster

Try using Media Player to play any audio/video file, If it gives you a message of this sort [b]"No audio device detected" ([/b]or post whatever message you get when you make an attempt to play a file here), then you have a problem with the audio card driver. Check the status of the sound device under the "Device Manager" console. If you have the driver installation disk, I would suggest you uninstall the sound card and then re-install it. Hopefully, this should fix it for you.

Cheers
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by netotse(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2007
@maleeq
ders something u're forgetting this is naija, three quarters of us have never seen the cd's for our computers grin

@poster
give us updater now,
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Maleeq(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2007
@netotse

Dat one dey sha!

Even cloned systems come with driver cds. OEM products may not have the CDs but they surely have the driver files on the HDD of the system itself or on hidden recovery partitions.
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by sniperwolf(m): 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2007
@ Poster

Try remove the sound card and slot them again maybe if you have multiple port try the next available one
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2007
@maleeq,

it happened to me once.the sound control icon on my laptop's taskbar disappeared. i googled the problem .i was linked to a download site for the sndvol file. was scared of trojans, so i copied from some other guys system 32 folder.

when u messing with the system anything can happen what what say what anything can happen. . .
what do you mean , why this blue screen . . .cause anything can happen. . .
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Seun(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2007
what happens when you try to run sndvol32.
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Maleeq(m): 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2007
oyb:

when u messing with the system anything can happen what what say what anything can happen. . .
what do you mean , why this blue screen . . .cause anything can happen. . .
grin

Well, I find it very unlikely for this files to be deleted and not replace.

Seun:

what happens when you try to run sndvol32.
It opens up the "Master Volume" control panel.
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2007
Shakes head in disbelief at advise coming from Techys

anyway kindly hold down ur windows button and press the break button
Click on hardware, then select device manager

Look along the list for any yellow exclamation mark which if you see the it means ur drivers may have been tampered with.

Let me know if that helps cool
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by mikkyjay(m): 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2007
thanx everyone 4 ur contributions i have corrected the problem, and my speakers are now ok
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by mikkyjay(m): 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
thanx everyone 4 ur contributions i have corrected the problem, and my speakers are now ok
Re: My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working by netotse(m): 12:30am On Oct 24, 2007
wot did u do to resolve it?

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Used Laptop Of 10k / I Want To Buy A Good Laptop With A 55k Budget / Very Clean Speed Star Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.