Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me (2054 Views)

Pls Help: My Sound Driver Stop Workinq / My Sound Has Suddenly Stopped Working / My Sound Device Isn't Working. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
I want to know exactly what to download, because my sound was gone after formatting my system.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Weymola(m): 7:47pm On Feb 23, 2009
Afam4eva,

You probably need to download the drivers for your soundcard, as they were lost when you formatted the drive, and i suppose reinstalled your OS. So go to the soundcards manufactures website and load te appropriate one. Problem should then be solved.

Hope this helps.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2009
How do i know the manufacturer of my drivers.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2009
@poster, please tell us the specs of your system. Laptop/desktop. Model. OS: XP/Vista and other relevant details.

Well, to be vague, what you need to do is to download your sound driver from the provider website online and install it.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2009
It's a desktop and i'm using windows XP.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Weymola(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2009
Afam4eva, haba!

dhtml did as for more than just the OS on the machine. The manufacture, and model are key bits of information you have ommited from your reply.
To get the right drivers fro your hardware you will need to indentify the manufacturer of machine, and possible its sound card.

Best of luck

Weymola
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2009
My machine was produced by IBM.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by netotse(m): 9:59pm On Feb 24, 2009
ders a program called unknown devices that used to come with hirens bootcd 9.0 it tells u the maker of ur unknown device(as the name implies) if u can download it that would help
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Nobody: 3:13am On Feb 25, 2009
netotse:

ders a program called unknown devices that used to come with hirens bootcd 9.0 it tells u the maker of ur unknown device(as the name implies) if u can download it that would help
I do not know that particular software. But i do know there are softwares that fall in that category like "drivers detective" for instance.
@Afam, hope you are reading all this.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 9:55am On Feb 25, 2009
dhtml:

I do not know that particular software. But i do know there are softwares that fall in that category like "drivers detective" for instance.
@Afam, hope you are reading all this.

I'm reading.

So, what i'm i downloading, "Driver detective"?
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by ABDULJELIL1(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2009
in my own case,i am using hp system (p4).I'm using onboard sound plug outlet.After installing the sound softwear the system successfully,i try to plug the speaker but couldn't make sound.pls i need an urgent reply from anybody plssssssss!!!
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2009
Try "drivers detective" and also what @ netotse suggested. The guy is a guru too and i alwayz respect his opinions.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2009
Thanks, guys
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2009
I use Hp 530, OS XP Professinal, Please where can I get my sound driver downloaded, The one I donwloaded from hP tells me cannot find chipset, I dont know what that is, Any 1 with idea?
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
chipset too is part of the drivers accessories - check the same hp download site, you should find the chipset too listed there.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by basking4me: 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2009
If your system is branded then its easy for you to search for the driver online especially if you know the model of the brand. However if you are using an IBM compartible system otherwise known as unbranded systems ( or no name according to otigba boys), all you need to do if you dont have the board driver, is to open up your system and search on the mother board,  you will see the make and driver series of the sound if it is an onboard sound.

If it is a card, then you will find the driver name on the PCI or ISA (  grin  ) card. 

Simple and straight. If you dont get it,  then get me and i will see what to do for you!.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by chukslee2(m): 2:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
Your system motherboard comes with a Cd, run that cd, the sound driver is usually found in the motherboard disk.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Smartsboy(m): 10:32am On Mar 12, 2009
My notebook is OMATEK. i formated once and i had the same problem. I searched online for omatek drivers, the name could not be found. It now occur to me to use my driver utility that came with my pc to install sound. It works. The real name of my pc is CHINA TW7, EAA-89. Intel core 2 duo
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by basking4me: 10:44am On Mar 12, 2009
grin you are a smart boy indeed.

This discovery is another ''open fowl yansh'' you just exposed. Does Omatek have servers running online24/7 hosting their utility softwares.

Will someone who bought their laptop and relocated to the UK have to return back to their lagos office in Nigeria just to have the drivers reinstalled should anything happen to his utility CD.

I expect Omatek to have the utility rebranded to their name just the same way  they have rebranded the name of the hardware from china,    to omatek.

When People search for omatek utilities online, they will type 'Omatek sound', or 'omatek wireless card' and so on,

I hope Zinox understands this as it will be too bad for our Nigerian brands, the likes of Omatek and Zinox not to measure up in this regard.
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by Mustay(m): 10:48am On Mar 12, 2009
Smart you were indeed! Made in China. Proudly Nigerian!
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by uzor64(m): 4:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
as for me my laptop is HPand i have the same sound problem what do i do?
Re: My Sound Is Gone, Pls Help Me by basking4me: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2009
Hello Uzor,

what you need is simple.

Just send me your laptop details and your email address. better still, you can go to the HP website and try download it from there but if you cant, then I will help you do it.

(1) (Reply)

Zinox Laptops ;good Or Bad / Neat Uk Used Lenovo T430 - 4gb Ram, Core i5 / Buy A Used Laptop HP G62, Very Very Neat!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.