Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. (9400 Views)

SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! / SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo / OPC's Gani Adams, others, Comment On Money For Abiola's Death For SW Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Kolababa: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2012
When OBJ was in power, most of his ctitisms came from the southwest. We rejected him in 1999 as a political pariah.
YOURUBAS DONT CELEBRATE MEDIOCRISY.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2012
OK2NV:

rubish and big mistake. the SS should never go into alliance with any yoruba group or man. The yoruba pple are betrayals.

Someone is angry that after they delivered 95% votes to Retardeen they are still sidelined in the grand scheme of things, Well everyone in Nigeria knows Igbos are the slaves of Nigeria , they are the political pawns used by everyone

They were used by Balewa, Shagari, Tofa, OBJ and now Retardeen
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Dede1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2012
Kolababa:

When OBJ was in power, most of his ctitisms came from the southwest. We rejected him in 1999 as a political pariah.
YOURUBAS DONT CELEBRATE MEDIOCRISY.

What the hell do you take us for, mo.rons? OBJ was held to crossfire of media pens from Yoruba land just about first two mouths of his presidency before shells of reality fell from their eyes.

By the time OBJ was in the fourth month of his presidency, many AD political stalwarts from Yoruba land, including sitting governors under AD party platform, have switched party and sewed Buba dresses with Hollandis cloths decorated with PDP party emblem of umbrella.

In fact by the dawn of second term of OBJ’s presidency, AD has died a natural dead as a political party in Nigeria.

I guess this is Yoruba you were trying to force feed us.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by vanstanzy(m): 3:59pm On Jan 22, 2012
@akigbemaru
What an awkward username! I feel sooo irritated right now answering ur childish post. Next time u have nothing nice to say, then dont say nothing. We r seeking for ways to move this country forward& not talking TRIBALISM, neither is this an avenue for ABGERO's OWO LOAD. So go lie down& sleep before u hurt urself!
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2012
Dede1:

What the hell do you take us for, mo.rons? OBJ was held to crossfire of media pens from Yoruba land just about first two mouths of his presidency before shells of reality fell from their eyes.

By the time OBJ was in the fourth month of his presidency, many AD political stalwarts from Yoruba land, including sitting governors under AD party platform, have switched party and sewed Buba dresses with Hollandis cloths decorated with PDP party emblem of umbrella.

In fact by the dawn of second term of OBJ’s presidency, AD has died a natural dead as a political party in Nigeria.  

I guess this is Yoruba you were trying to force feed us.                

Like the degenerate lying scumbag that you are typical of your ethic group you want to spin history again?

You see why you are the worst thing to happen to your tribe

Lagos lawyer supports plan to impeach Obasanjo

Lagos- Nigeria (PANA) -- Popular Lagos lawyer [size=18pt]Gani Fawehinmi[/size] has offered his services free to the lower legislative chamber, House of Representatives, in its bid to impeach Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo for alleged misrule.
Fawehinmi made the offer during a visit to House Speaker Ghali Umar Na'Abba in Abuja Wednesday, further fuelling a move that is already threatening to overheat the polity.

WHat tribe was that lawyer who offered his services from
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by juman(m): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2012
chino11:

A disaster waiting to happen.

Are you joking?

The disaster has started.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by nduchucks: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
Dede1:

@POST

I love the composition of individuals alleged to have attended the so-called SW and SS joint consultation meeting. I hope it is an eye opener to those naïve Igbo persons who still call for the formation of one nation that include all the stiffs in southern Nigeria.

The composition of this so called SW and SS meeting has reiterated my resolve that we either have Republic of Igbo land or[b] Biafra which will consist of Igbo, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) and certain people in Benue State (Idoma). [/b]

Believe me, I love this development and wish it bears some fruits.

The bolded is wishful thinking on your part. What moves have been made by the SE leaders to indicate that the Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) and certain people in Benue State (Idoma) will buy into this arrangement?  I for one do not see any political activity by the SE leaders which could lead to the alliance.  The current crop of leaders in the SE seem to be incapable of actually leading. I miss Ikemba.

Dede1:

I have known for sure that those stiffs(Itsekiri,EDO,Ilaje and co) have no space in Biafra. Please check your history and you would realize the characters listed in the post formed the major bulk of 3MCDO.  

Your are not being very kind to our Edo brothers. BTW, who are the members of 3MCDO in the list? I didn't see the name of the Black Scorpion therein.   grin
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by juman(m): 4:11pm On Jan 22, 2012
Some of the participants are part of those that push us to our present sad situation.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Jan 22, 2012
Why Igbos are the scums and slaves of Nigeria

[size=18pt]Senator Arthur Nzeribe[/size], in the forefront of those who supported Abacha's bid to continue in office, has lent his voice to the growing numbers of people calling on President Obasanjo to seek another term when his eight years in office expire in 2007

[size=18pt]Former military governor of Western region and a leader of the Yoruba council of Elders (YCE), retired Major General Adeyinka Adebayo said despite being close to President Obasanjo, he has not told him he would seek for a third term in office.[/size]

''I would advise the people not to promote this third term aspiration. When he announces his intention for a third term, the people would be at liberty to criticise the plan the way they want,'' Adebayo said and advised ministers and other personal aides of the president promoting the third term bid to make Nigeria a better society.

''If Obasanjo's ministers and other political appointees use the same zeal with which they are promoting third term to find solutions to the nation's problem, most Nigerians would be contented and it is the Nigerian people who would urge him to have third term of office not that it would be forced down their throats,'' he said.

[size=18pt]Afenefere, a Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural and economic group also from the Southwest has restated its opposition to the alleged third term agenda[/size], stressing that the Yoruba ethnic group will reject any attempt to extend the tenure of any political office holder. Obasanjo is of the Yoruba ethnic bloc from the Southwest.

A communique at the end of their meeting this week in Lagos and signed by the publicity secretary of the organsiation, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, stated that the group stands for fairness, equity and justice in its involvement in the political issues in the country.

''The Yoruba people are known for fairness, equity and justice as epitomised by Chief Obafemi Awolowo's struggle for libertarian values in all his years of political involvement in Nigeria. Following that tradition and our long struggle against dictatorship and subversion of the rule of law, the Yoruba nation rejects any attempt to elongate, extend or perpetuate the tenure of President Obasanjo, the state governors and other elected officials,'' the communique said.

http://www.newsfromafrica.org/newsfromafrica/articles/art_10550.html

[size=18pt]President-General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Prof Joe Irukwu[/size] at the recently concluded Public hearing on the review of the constitution that the Igbos [size=18pt]supported the extension of tenure of office for the president[/size] and the governors.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200603030254.html
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by SamIkenna: 4:30pm On Jan 22, 2012
The word "Igbo" keeps a lot of people up at night.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by bashr8: 4:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
I never knew we igbos give other Nigerians heart attack like this, wow, maybe when they deal with the poverty in yorubaland then we will start taking them seriously for now they are just scum bags. The soon called ss leaders also have igbos composition guess they didn't see mike okiro and ayakene name there, illiterates
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by chino11(m): 4:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ the ranter how will you react to the fact that Yoruba rascal leaders took bribe to sacrifice Abioala to the ordinary almajiris: grin grin grin grin

Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, who is standing trial for alleged murder of late Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, wife of Chief M.KO Abiola, yesterday at a Lagos High Court, made further startling revelations in continuation of his assertions that some South West leaders were given money by the General Abdulsalami Abubakar administration to appease them on the death of Chief Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election.

Following Mustapha’s evidence before the court last Monday where he alleged that some Yoruba leaders were compromised over Abiola’s death, Yoruba elders immediately took him up, challenging him to disclose the names of the beneficiaries.

Taking up the challenge yesterday while continuing his evidence, Major Al-Mustapha mentioned the names of late Attorney- General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige and late Yoruba leader, Senator Abraham Adesanya, both of whom are dead. He even tendered a video tape in court which he urged the court to play to prove his allegations.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/abiola-abacha-the-big-bribe-al-mustapha-indicts-ige-adesanya/
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by chino11(m): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2012
Abioala, Kudirat were slaughtered by ordinary almajiris, but Yoruba leaders were bribed in different currencies totaling 37B Naira. Yoruba are the only worst monsters ever to thread the face of Africa, check out man inhumanity to man:

THE camp of Yoruba elders has been thrown into disarray following allegations by former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the late head of state, Gen. Sani Abacha, Maj. Hamza Al-Mustapha, that they were bribed by the Federal Government to the tune of N37 billion to douse tension in the South-West over the death of Chief MKO Abiola in 1998.

While some notable personalities in the South West have accused Al-Mustapha of blackmailing the leaders of the Yoruba and asked him to mention names, others said the allegations should be investigated.

They also did not rule out the possibility of some of them having benefitted from what they called "blood money."

Al-Mustapha alleged, on Monday, August 1, in his defence in the murder charge preferred against him over the June 4, 1996 assassination of Abiola's wife, Kudirat Abiola, at the Lagos High Court, Igbosere, that $200 million, £75 million and N200 million (totalling N37 billion as at 1998) were withdrawn from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) at the instance of the Federal Government, to appease South West leaders and douse the tension that arose following the death of Abiola in detention.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201108030856.html
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Makengo(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2012
@ chino11, wonder what will happen to all the Igbo business along the coastal region of West Africa!!!
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by chino11(m): 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
^ At least they will retreat to their home land, but you Yorubas wouldn't have a place to call home. Even such homes as this that is presently exist in the Yoruba land will be no more: grin grin grin grin

Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by bashr8: 5:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Makengo:

@ chino11, wonder what will happen to all the Igbo business along the coastal region of West Africa!!!

NA u own coastal regions of west Africa? Why are so concerened
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by EkoIle1: 5:44pm On Jan 22, 2012
These low self esteem AGIPA clowns and their tantrums sef. Den no include you inside meeting because as usual, you are worthless and unimportant,

Not that I give a damn about the fools meeting all over the place anyways,

lol

Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by success4(m): 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2012
at those exchanging words, save us your nasty option on tribal issue. Face boko-haram and
we will see you as a good Nigerian! grin
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by NegroNtns(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2012
NA u own coastal regions of west Africa? Why are so concerened

oh yeah!. . . .all the way to Togo and then some more further up.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by houvest: 7:19pm On Jan 22, 2012
Haha. All the people who used to call these SW leaders useless and elevate king Tinubu as Lord and denigrate mama as HIV are falling over themselves here to get in a punch to the SE. They conveniently forget that the SS and SE met before this one and also issued a joint communique. I just dey laugh.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Dede1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The bolded is wishful thinking on your part. What moves have been made by the SE leaders to indicate that the Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) and certain people in Benue State (Idoma) will buy into this arrangement? I for one do not see any political activity by the SE leaders which could lead to the alliance. The current crop of leaders in the SE seem to be incapable of actually leading. I miss Ikemba.

Your are not being very kind to our Edo brothers. BTW, who are the members of 3MCDO in the list? I didn't see the name of the Black Scorpion therein. grin

Nwanne, it is said once beaten shy twice. We have decided to do our collective things quietly and secretively. Ndigbo and their good friends know what it takes to sustain waves of ethno-religious induced madness. Have you publicly heard anything from the Ndigbo, Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni, Ijo (Okirika and Kalabari) or Igbo and Idoma in Benue State?

As for 3MCDO members from the list, you really do not want me to name names. Benjamin Adekunle is a bundle of loudmouth.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by ochukoccna: 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2012
Bunch of PDP vampires!
Do they think meeting in Ikenne confers them a seal of approval as Yoruba leaders?
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Dede1(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2012
dayokanu:

Like the degenerate lying scumbag that you are typical of your ethic group you want to spin history again?

You see why you are the worst thing to happen to your tribe

WHat tribe was that lawyer who offered his services from

I know you suffer from comprehension deficiency. Please reread my post in order to comprehend. Deluded douche bags such as you would read essay many times before they get the drift.

Gani Fawehinmi was neither political stalwart, governor nor political leader out  of AD's political platform. At best, he was another road-trodden hungry lawyer out of Yoruba land who sought political relevance at the national level by organizing ill-formed and short-lived political sit-tight. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by manchy7531: 9:32pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lets see if a similar communiqué is issued jointly by SS and SE leaders - I wouldn't hold my breadth. Lips sealed

I thought NCHARA,BEAF and co were making mouth about SS-SE AMALGAMATION.

Now that the SS are officially coming to the SW we are watching what SE is gonna do.

Am surprised to see that some of you SW idiots are make things seem like the SE and the SW is competing on who to the SS will align themselves with.

first of all I will keep on telling you.the SE does not need and i say it again does not need the SW and SS.if the SS want to join us,fine.they are welcome we will agree on how to live with them after all we have being living with them for centuries, as for the SW it is obvious that you guys are opportunist like your leaders have always been, lazy and always looking for cheap alliance that you will contribute nothing order than noise making and back biting, for you information all these may be going on for now but am very sure the SS hate you like hell,all these joint communique are just political but the SS man on the street knows better.hungry fools like you.you better go find you strength and where you have a comparative advantage economically to develop than looking for cheap oil that will consume you.oil is not life for the SE.our values matters more to us that cheap oil.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by manchy7531: 9:33pm On Jan 22, 2012
Lets see if a similar communiqué is issued jointly by SS and SE leaders - I wouldn't hold my breadth.  Lips sealed

I thought NCHARA,BEAF and co were making mouth about SS-SE AMALGAMATION.

Now that the SS are officially coming to the SW we are watching what SE is gonna do.

Am surprised to see that some of you SW idiots are make things seem like the SE and the SW is competing on who to the SS will align themselves with.

first of all I will keep on telling you.the SE does not need and i say it again does not need the SW and SS.if the SS want to join us,fine.they are welcome we will agree on how to live with them after all we have being living with them for centuries, as for the SW it is obvious that you guys are opportunist like your leaders have always been, lazy and always looking for cheap alliance  that you will contribute nothing order than noise making and back biting, for you information all these may be going on for now but am very sure the SS hate you like hell,all these joint communique are just political but the SS man on the street knows better.hungry fools like you.you better go find you strength and where you have a comparative advantage economically to develop than looking for cheap oil that will consume you.oil is not life for the SE.our values matters more to us that cheap oil.you guys should get a life
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by adewale197: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2012
Small time nw we go hear say boko haram don bomb ikenne again say na dia meeting den go do 4 dia moreso which friend dog dey folow lion do (ore ki ni aja n ba ekun se)
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by phreakabit(m): 12:44am On Jan 23, 2012
NO Alliance necessary. Igbos will do just fine on their own. IMO Biafra should consist of Only Igbos. Maybe Efik, Ibibio, Annang and Oron it will make things a lot easier.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by dayokanu(m): 1:04am On Jan 23, 2012
Dede1:

I know you suffer from comprehension deficiency. Please reread my post in order to comprehend. Deluded douche bags such as you would read essay many times before they get the drift.

Gani Fawehinmi was neither political stalwart, governor nor political leader out of AD's political platform. At best, he was another road-trodden hungry lawyer out of Yoruba land who sought political relevance at the national level by organizing ill-formed and short-lived political sit-tight. smiley smiley smiley

Former military governor of Western region and a leader of the Yoruba council of Elders (YCE), retired Major General Adeyinka Adebayo said despite being close to President Obasanjo, he has not told him he would seek for a third term in office.

[size=14pt]Afenefere, a Pan-Yoruba socio-cultural and economic group also from the Southwest has restated its opposition to the alleged third term agenda[/size], stressing that the Yoruba ethnic group will reject any attempt to extend the tenure of any political office holder. Obasanjo is of the Yoruba ethnic bloc from the Southwest.

While the despicable Igbo people are doing the below

Senator Arthur Nzeribe, in the forefront of those who supported Abacha's bid to continue in office, has lent his voice to the growing numbers of people calling on President Obasanjo to seek another term when his eight years in office expire in 2007

[b]President-General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Prof Joe Irukwu [/b]at the recently concluded Public hearing on the review of the constitution that the Igbos supported the extension of tenure of office for the president and the governors.

Thats why Igbos are the worst thing to ever live in the world. Cowards, Ingrates and slaves.

I guess thats where the leprechaun called Dede got his genes from
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Nchara: 1:08am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^^^
Let me spoil your fun a little.

PC Mounts Pro-Obasanjo Procession in Lagos

Chuks Okocha

2 October 2002

http://allafrica.com/stories/200210020488.html

Its not all black and white after all
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Nchara: 1:10am On Jan 23, 2012
YCE, Align for Obasanjo's Re-Election

Iyabo Sotunde And Kola Alade

13 August 2001

Ibadan — Barely a week after the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere barred its members and all governors of Alliance for Democracy (AD) from further campaigning for President Olusegun Obasanjo's re-election, another group, the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), at the weekend declared it support for efforts to ensure his return to Aso Rock in 2003.

Already, the YCE has set up a committee to fine-tune strategies that would aid Obasanjo's re-election.
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Nchara: 1:11am On Jan 23, 2012
Third term: Yoruba Council of Elders took N17.5m bribe

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/asaba/message/8706
Re: Ss & Sw Leaders Issue A Joint Communiqué To Gej – Grow Some Balls, They Urged. by Nchara: 1:12am On Jan 23, 2012
August 03, 2005
Third term bid divides YCE

A storm seems to have taken over the Yoruba Council ofElders (YCE), which is divided on the support for the alleged third term bid byPresident Olusegun Obasanjo.

By Segun Fatuase,
Tunde Abatan (Lagos)
and Chuks Ehirim (Abuja)

A faction led by Dejo Raimi is out to support the plan,particularly the extension of the President’s tenure by two years, butthe main body – comprising the Working Committee – is opposed toit.

Earlier in the week, Raimi, incumbent Chancellor of theLadoke Akintola University Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso reportedly said theYCE has agreed to support Obasanjo if he chooses to elongate his term.

Raimi was apparently reacting to the position of Afenifere, which is opposed to the bid.

He stressed that the YCE would back an extension of thePresident’s tenure by two years to allow him to complete the reform inthe economy.

“A Yoruba man is doing a good job of reformingNigeria. If he demands more years, he is our man, we prefer him. If he requiresextension, we support him”, he stated.

“If we are to amend the Constitution to grant him twomore years, why not? The international community doesn’t trust anybodyexcept him. It expects him to complete the reform and enthrone transparency anddue process in Nigeria”.

However, YCE President, Adeyinka Adebayo, scoffed at thereport and described Raimi’s statement as “a greatembarrassment” which has put the Yoruba in a confused and awkward statebecause it contradicts Afenifere’s take.

Adebayo said he has received numerous calls to clarify theYCE’s position, but that “the Yoruba Elders Working Committee orthe entire Council of Elders have never discussed anything of this nature, letalone take a decision on this sensitive issue.

“It is a great embarrassment to me as the President ofthe Yoruba Council of Elders. This is a serious issue which should not beplayed with as it affects the entire country”.

He stressed that the YCE would prefer to be seen as“elders of the entire nation” rather than political leaders.

Adebayo recalled that Raimi had not shown any “devianttendencies” to the YCE agenda before the recent development and expressedthe hope that things would be sorted out at a meeting scheduled for nextTuesday.

YCE National Vice President, Tunji Otegbeye, also insistedthat the group has not discussed the idea and that Obasanjo did not broach itat any meeting with the YCE.

In his view, those advocating a third term are doing so tostoke the President’s interest for their own gain.

He said the meeting on Tuesday would take a final decisionon the issue.

But Afenifere National Publicity Secretary, Yinka Odumakin, said the groupis not surprised by the division in the YCE since most of its leaders“supported Sani Abacha till he died in office.

“Prominent members of the group backed Abacha and thereckless statement of Dejo Raimi did not come to us as a surprise. They mayeven choose to swim and sink with Obasanjo, it does not matter to us”.

Odumakin alleged that “it is common knowledge”that the YCE was founded because of Obasanjo and that the role being played byit is no surprise, even as “the Yoruba are not a people who like to forcethemselves on others but rather respect justice, fairplay, equity and the ruleof law. It is not in the interest and character of the Yoruba to do that; weare not in support of Obasanjo’s third term bid because our son isinvolved.

“Afenifere takes exception to Raimi’s utterances. He should notabuse Afenifere becausehe has no sense of history”.

Also on Tuesday, leaders from the South East and Middle Beltmet in Abuja to fashion out plans on how to corner political power in 2007.

The Conveners were Chukwufu Oputa and Theophilus YakubuDanjuma.

There were also Governors Joshua Dariye (Plateau), ChrisNgige (Anambra) and Sam Egwu (Ebonyi) as well as Chekwas Okorie, ChukwuemekaEzeife, Jim Nwobodo, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, Salihu Ibrahim, Jerry Gana, ElizabethPam.

Others present included Kema Chikwe, Josephine Anenih, JoeNwodo, Anyim Pius Anyim, Isaac Shaahu, Rochas Okorocha, Jona Jang, S. Wampanaand Joe Irukwu.

The focus was how to raise “credible and incorruptiblepersons with sound leadership credentials” for elective offices,especially the top jobs.

Speaker after speaker dwelt on this theme. Danjuma began itall by saying: “Let me draw the distinguished attention of this dialoguesession to the fundamental issue of leadership succession come 2007. Delegatesfrom the Middle Belt will be more than delighted to have a frank discussion onthis matter during the interactive session”.

He spoke of the support of the zone for the creation of anadditional state in the South East to bring it at par with other regions.

And he touched on the urgent desire by Nigerians toconsolidate democracy and ensure “free and fair elections throughoutNigeria and the sanctity of constitutional provisions on tenure of office forelected officials”.

Danjuma added that there is need to find urgent solutions tothe demands for power rotation through peaceful and democratic mechanisms.

The communiqué issued after the meeting, read by A.B.C. Nwosu, said the two groupsresolved “to identify and pursue areas of common political interests andin that connection, cooperate maximally in ensuring that come the 2007 generalelections, credible and incorruptible persons with sound leadership credentialsare elected to occupy high political offices in Nigeria, especially the officesof the President, vice president, governors, members of the National Assembly,etc”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Agents Uncover Plot By Boko Haram To Bomb Bauchi / Selfish Politicians Have Hijacked Nigeria — Balarabe Musa / Edo 2024: Obaseki, Igbinedion, Danjuma, Ikimi To Lead PDP Advisory Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.