Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Fireworks Vs Photoshop - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fireworks Vs Photoshop (6700 Views)

How Possible:generating HTML From Adobe Fireworks To Dreamweaver? / Become A Web Developer By Learning Html, Css, Php/mysql Fireworks, Wordpress Dev / Can Someone Help Me With Macromedia Fireworks-8 Activation Key (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fireworks Vs Photoshop by deco2come: 4:37am On Jan 23, 2012
In order to reduce cost, I want to spend some time learning one of the programs (FW or PS), I would like to know which one is the best for web designing. I have seen a wonderful images with great picture quality but I don't know which program is best for it.

So guys which of the programs are you using. I would also be great if you can show me some of the works you have done with the programs.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 23, 2012
I use the two. But i believe photoshop is better.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2012
Let the interface developers talk na, i am just a programmer really. But i started using Firefox first, then later on switched to photoshop. Fireworks is very simple and easy to learn, but photoshop is much more sophisticated and complete especially for advanced graphics work.

To do simple graphics, i find fireworks faster. And i have both the Fireworks 8 and CS4, the 8 loads faster - but of course the CS4 is more sophisticated, and it seems to more like photoshop.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 23, 2012
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by DualCore1: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2012
Photoshop was built for major graphics editing.
Fireworks was built for web graphics.

I find FW very easy to use for web graphics. PS na long thing. If you want to invest time learning, could try Photoshop. You cannot master FW and walk into PS and expect to use your FW mastery. You can however master PS and enter into FW with your PS mastery.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by deco2come: 8:09am On Jan 23, 2012
Thank guys, actually what I want is doing a few designing which is mainly on web. I will say that I have a limited time. People say that FW is easy and it can do almost 98% web designing work that PS can do and it can do it faster. But the fact that for every one FW tutorial, there are 100 PS drives me crazy. Is it because PS are also used by photographers, catalog/magazine designers and all aspect of designers made it so famous?

Dual Core:

Photoshop was built for major graphics editing.
Fireworks was built for web graphics.

I find FW very easy to use for web graphics. PS na long thing. If you want to invest time learning, could try Photoshop. You cannot master FW and walk into PS and expect to use your FW mastery. You can however master PS and enter into FW with your PS mastery.

My brother I must confess that anytime I opened PS video tutorials/books, I lost spirit of learning it but the moment I close it, I have the urge to learn it for the fear of unknown.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 23, 2012
Dual Core has said it more clearly again.

The fastest one is Fireworks 8. Sharp sharp you have done your stuff and out of there. But if you want to be a real professional, use photoshop.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Koolwilly(m): 2:05pm On Jan 23, 2012
*dhtml:

Dual Core has said it more clearly again.

The fastest one is Fireworks 8. Sharp sharp you have done your stuff and out of there. But if you want to be a real professional, use photoshop.
GBAM!!!
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by otentic19: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2012
The scope of photoshop is too wide maybe because of its general purpose.What about corel draw?what are its capability in designing graphics for the web?Anybody who have enough experience in web design should suggest the easiest and the best for web design purpose.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2012
otentic19:

The scope of photoshop is too wide maybe because of its general purpose.What about corel draw?what are its capability in designing graphics for the web?Anybody who have enough experience in web design should suggest the easiest and the best for web design purpose.
Macromedia Fireworks 8 / CS 4/5
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Slyr0x: 10:50am On Jan 24, 2012
I prefer photoshop. . .
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Augustinaz(m): 11:16am On Jan 24, 2012
I use Corel Draw, Corel Photopaint for my web graphics.

Photoshop is also good.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by timmy(m): 11:39am On Jan 24, 2012
Pls don't compare, Learn FW its easier, But i used PS and its the best Photo Editing tool ever known to mankind cheesy
But seriously, i still wonder why i have FW on my system, never used it, Never opened it. PS does it all for me, Web, Graphics, Video and 3D editing.

1 Like

Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Thatdave(m): 11:51am On Jan 24, 2012
i use the two comfortably.
I can only tell you
fireworks is NaetoC
photoshop is JayZ
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Thatdave(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2012
Augustinaz:

I use Corel Draw, Corel Photopaint for my web graphics.

Photoshop is also good.
corel draw?
You designing a site for a town hall in central congo?
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by litusista(f): 11:55am On Jan 24, 2012
i spent months trying to understand photoshop, but i am still 80% a novice. . i have been using fireworks for 2 good years now and i only learnt how to use it in a week. nobody taught me how to use fireworks. i have done a lot with it and its seriously, fireworks is cool.

I particularly advise anyone involved in designing web-based graphics to use fireworks. its cool, lighter and very easy to understand.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by ilogbe(m): 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2012
Pls yall should follow me on twitter @gabriel_isei, thankz,ijust hala and I will follow back.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by kensandrea: 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2012
[photoshop is better and the application is user frndly the i tink photoshop is 70% beta dan fire works guy go for photoshop [b]
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by bros12345: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
what is photoshop.

Ok you get it. I use FW and coreldraw. Fireworks is really fast. But I really want to learn PS
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Moraq: 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2012
Hi everyone. Am just a fresh graduate awaiting NYSC but am highly interested in learning web design and photo editing pls hw can i go abt it. I reside in ibadan. PLS HELP. Is urgent and important
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by dsurrogat: 12:40pm On Jan 24, 2012
U cant compare fireworks to photoshop, fireworks is for novice while designing in photoshop is for professionals especially if u knw ow to use slice tool n CSS, if u want to learn more u kan holla me
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by DualCore1: 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2012
d_surrogat:

U cant compare fireworks to photoshop, fireworks is for novice while designing in photoshop is for professionals especially if u knw ow to use slice tool n CSS, if u want to learn more u kan holla me

You couldn't have been more off base with your thinking.

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2010/08/7-reasons-why-i-choose-fireworks-over-photoshop/
http://boagworld.com/design/fireworks-vs-photoshop/
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by DualCore1: 12:47pm On Jan 24, 2012
Let's go back to the manual and see what these applications were built for:

Fireworks was made to build and export web graphics in an elegant way. Following the popularity of mobile devices like the Apple iPhone it is now often used to mock up and design user interfaces for apps.

You can guess what Photoshop was made for. Correct, [b]Photo[/b]shop was primarily built to correct and manipulate photography. While Photoshop offers many ways to manipulate photos, it has a lot of built in features that can be used for web/interface design. You can use Photoshop to produce screen graphics but also for advanced print stuff.

http://ivomynttinen.com/blog/the-endless-fireworks-vs-photoshop-battle/
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by smarthome: 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
@ d_surrogat

How can i lean from you.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by gbigbega: 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2012
PS and FW ? it depends on what you really want to do. FW was designed for building web graphics.

PS can do what FW do and more. Ps is used for photo editing and design, you can build the whole of your website in photoshop and export it as HTML. Sincerely, if you want to learn an image editing software, PS is the way to go.

Adobe bought the micromedia suite of web designing tool which includes dreamweaver and fireworks among others. Fireworks was micromedia's image editing software before Adobe purchased them. This explains why the two are still in use till date.

PS is not complex but has many functionalities. you start with tutorials that deals specifically with web desiginig if thats what you need it for and then proceed to the other function. I will advice you not to waste your time on FW.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by velo10: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2012
Photoshop is the Industry's Gold Standard. Take it or leave it.

I once started with fireworks and felt too lazy to learn photoshop. Learning photoshop opened me to endless possibilities in graphics manipulations and effects. I advice you learn both but give priorities to the most popular and effective.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2012
Obviously some people on this threa don't seem to know what web graphics is about,
Hence they wil never understand the differences between FW and PS.

For a pure graphic artist, PS only is fine.
Web interface developer - both, but FW is sufficient to do most of your web graphics.

Dual core has pointed the way, you guys should just do some research if you are not sure.

It is just like some of you wil say joomla is better than drupal. None is better, it depends on what u re using it for.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
i havent seen what can't be done with photoshop.
i really dont see anything complex about it as insinuated here

somehow, i find it hard to use Fireworks.
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Thatdave(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 24, 2012
Interesting. . .
Re: Fireworks Vs Photoshop by boogie2: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
As a software developer, I dont stress myself mastering all the functionality of a multipurpose software like photoshop. I only use them to achieve specific purposes. For instance if I want to prepare a picture for printing i prefer to use photoshop. If I want to quickly prepare web graphics I use fireworks, if i want to design a flier I use corel draw . I have a logo builder for designing logos. But I believe that photoshop is the best graphics editing software because truth is you can do everything with photoshop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things To Consider Before You Hire A Web Design Company In Nigeria In 2018 / 20+ Geek Office Design Inspiration / 4 Things Any Blogger Who Want To Be The Next rated Should Aim - Techinfo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.