Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips (6711 Views)

10 SEO Tips To Increase Website Traffic / 5 Tips For Search Engine Optimization / Search Engine Optimization (seo) Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by greenmouse(m): 1:04pm On May 22, 2012
Share your SEO optimization techniques here for others to learn. I think it will help a lot.

I know there are many techniques. I tried using content keyword repeating and it works for me in a particular keyword.
What techniques do you guys use ?
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by yawatide(f): 3:35pm On May 22, 2012
I blv there r tons of tutorials/debate on here already. All we need do is search and we shall find wink

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by paulhamak(m): 2:29pm On May 24, 2012
Search engine optimization could be on-page or off page. All the aim of doing this is to make it very easy for the search engines to easily craw your site for a desired keyword or phrase. This implies that you'll need to first know the keyword u are targeting. It is this keywords or phrases that you'll b used as tags in your onpage seo strategy as well as in off page ones too. On optimizing your webpage get to the source (i.e html) of the page and put your main key word on the tittle tag. For example if ur keyword is dating find the tag <title>keyword</title> becomes <title>dating</title>.
There are others like the meta tag, adding an image with the keyword as the title to the image tag....
Then you get to off page strategies like backlinkin using the keyword as anchor text for hyperlink to your site. Using yahoo answer best answer, and others that i will not b able to mention now

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by mavtrevor(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2012
I am blogging on a wordpress platform, there are quite a lot of plugins that can optimize your blog and posts for better Google ranking. I use WordPress SEO by Yoast though and i can tell you Google is in love with my blog.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by green10119(m): 1:23am On May 28, 2012
Very good info from you too, I have been using article submission, press release and more for my off page SEO and to build quality back links too, the latest one I did two days ago after much study and discovery was submitting my article to 1500 directories and close to 400 was proved at once and they are now live, giving my site great traffic and backlinks, plus am pinging all links after approval with premium ping service which means I can get more than 500 indexed backlinks at once, you can check my signature link for proof or see the news page of my site Www.greenlandng.com the same article is still getting tons of readers to my site plus my traffic went sky high smiley ask me for proof of submission or copy the malware news article from my site and search it on google to see for yourself it worked like mad.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by oloyedejamiu: 4:48am On May 28, 2012
@green, are u using article submitter or what.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by jamessmit(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2012
For seo optimization, you can use lots of other seo off page and on page strategy like forum posting, blog commenting, article submission, social bookmarking, directory submission, ads posting, social networking, sitemap creation and submission, proper internal navigation within a site, proper url structure, relevant title tag, description tag, and keywords etc. which brings you lots of huge traffic and helps in indexing your site pages.

2 Likes

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by zangiff(m): 7:57am On May 28, 2012
seo is a wide concept
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by green10119(m): 9:21am On May 28, 2012
oloyede jamiu :
@green, are u using article submitter or what.

Well bro sure i use a software but not article submitter, you can get your article to over 1500 article directories plus i'll make sure i ping all of them so you get sure backlinks from them.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by mavtrevor(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2012
This is your alexa ranking....i cant see the backlinks bro....

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by green10119(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2012
mavtrevor: This is your alexa ranking....i cant see the backlinks bro....

Yeah read the info i pasted again indexing don't just happen in one day all posting was done two days ago and will be pinged with premium service to get faster indexing k smiley
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by oloyedejamiu: 12:45pm On May 28, 2012
@green,
whats the name of the software you are using?
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 28, 2012
My main trick is d use of d '+' sign..
I put d key words separated by a '+' sign..
E.g to search and download a song for free... I use..
Celine dion + power of love + mp3 + download + free
It lists out very specific websites/links..

My 2cents.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 28, 2012
i pity you using article submissions, creating your own back links. i think you havnt read the latest google update about things like that. in summary, google wants quality contents, and would prefer your backlinks to grow naturally. If you keep building backlinks yourseld, you will see how ur ranks will fall. my site, the only seo i did was posting unique quality contents and within 3 months my google pr from zero was increase to 2. i have over 300 natural backlinks. my alexa ran, which was initiall 29million came up to like 5 million. and i know, with time, i will be top on the 10000 because of the quality natural links i get. go read extensively on google panda on seo and google penguin

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by kaiter: 2:50pm On May 28, 2012
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by flashit(f): 2:58pm On May 28, 2012
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 28, 2012
flash_it: instead of exchanging links with other websites I will advice you use the following techniques and tricks to get your own ranking.
1. Your website title should contain the keyword you targeting.
2. In the body of your website always make bold the keywords. Like if word 'Lagos Ibadan' is the keyword you are targeting you should make that work bold and start each word with a Capital letter.
3. Don't overuse the keywords. Search engines see that as Spamming .
4. The juicy part :p !
Now this will get your ranking up in 48 hours max. Get the facebook like button or google + button and place it on your website. The trick is instead of putting your own url you put like http://www.google.com/
http://twitter.com/
http://myspace.com/
Google crawls your site as though its crawling those websites and since those websites have high traffic and search engines crawl them first your website will be ranked high.

Have used the 4th trick myself and it works wella. Its cheating but who notices smiley

Good luck!
by d time the search engines notice, e go pass boko haram 4 ur site. stop cheating the engines
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by willycrown: 4:10pm On May 28, 2012
I am delighted that people are interested in SEO. However, from the comments I have read so far, it is obvious that their is dearth of accurate information on SEO in Nigeria. Following some of the advice I have read so far can only get your website penalized by search engines. Below is an excerpt of a blog post I wrote about a year ago. I think it will give you an overview of SEO:

SEO means Search Engine Optimization: the process of taking a page built by humans and making it easily consumable for both other humans and for search engine robots. Simply put, SEO aims at boosting your search engine ranking; making your website appear on top result whenever people search for keywords that are relevant to your business. It is borne out of the realization that it is not enough to have a website, your customers and prospects must be able to find your website among the millions of websites that exist online.

Here are some simple SEO techniques any Nigerian business can use to boost its search engine ranking and drive quality traffic to its site:

Build a search engine friendly website

The foundation to having a successful web presence starts with the design of your website. Most Nigerian website designers are more concerned about the graphic layout of their site. This invariably makes them develop sites that are heavy on Flash files, Images, Java applets, and other non-text content. The problem is that, though your website might be visually appealing, it would be virtually invisible to search engines. For your website contents to be visible to search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo, they must be in HTML format.

If your site is heavy on Flash and Java applets, the simple solution will be to redesign it and if you are just contemplating building your site, I will suggest you build it on a CMS platform. This is because most of these platforms are designed with SEO in mind

Rank for relevant keywords

People search for information on the internet by typing keywords (search queries) into search engines. Search engines then rank sites that are related to these keywords based on their perceived relevance and authority. Keyword research is the foundation of an effective web marketing presence. In fact, the entire science of online information retrieval is based on keywords. Thus, you must come up with a list of keywords you want to rank for.

So, how do you come up with the appropriate keywords? For a start, get a sheet of paper, jot down the five queries you‘d search for on Google if you were seeking websites in your industry. For example, if I am considering which school to register my child in Lagos, I might search for “Lagos schools”,” private schools in Lagos”, “top Lagos school” “international schools in Lagos” etc. Ask your friends and family the same question. It is likely that some terms will overlap and this will provide you with a list of primary keywords.

After this, you need to prioritize your keywords to ensure you are going after the best ones for your site. Use Google Keyword Tool to prioritize you keyword. It is a free tool that will tell you the estimated search volume and competition for any keyword. In addition, it will also suggest other modification of your keywords for you.

Now that you have the keywords you want to rank for, the next thing is to insert them in important places on your site. These include in the titles, text, and Meta data. It is very important that your keywords appear in your headers (H1, H2, and H3). Also, ensure that the first paragraphs of your web pages contain keywords as the closer your keyword is to the top of your page, the greater importance search engines attach to it.

Get relevant links to your site

To rank a page, search engines consider the authority and relevance of that site to the search query. And search engines us the link profiles of a site to determine the authority of that site. Thus, invariably the higher the number of quality links a site has, the higher it ranks. However, link building is the most challenging part of optimizing your website. That notwithstanding, you can still simple things you can do to get links to your site:

Submit your website to online directories especially quality ones like yahoo local, Google places, and Dmoz
Register your site on social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Diggs, SumbleUpon etc. most of them allow you to link back to your site
Get your customers and suppliers to link to you
And most importantly, write and post periodic quality contents on your sites

Begin a business blog

One recommendation we give all our clients here at wow effect communications is: start a business blog. In fact, every website designed by us must have a blog component. The reason for this is not farfetched, search engines like fresh contents. The greater the number the quantity, quality and frequency of contents on your site, the higher you rank. You just must create fresh contents to rank high and blogging offers you the best opportunity for achieving this.

Search engine optimization takes time; that’s the honest truth. But it can be highly profitable when done right. Of course, there are so many aspects of SEO that are not discussed in this article. This is just a basic introduction and I hope this help somebody
[b][/b].

3 Likes

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by zangiff(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2012
fresh/unique content/uncommon stuffs works great for seo

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Sprumbaba: 5:02pm On May 28, 2012
solidbroda: i pity you using article submissions, creating your own back links. i think you havnt read the latest google update about things like that. in summary, google wants quality contents, and would prefer your backlinks to grow naturally. If you keep building backlinks yourseld, you will see how ur ranks will fall. my site, the only seo i did was posting unique quality contents and within 3 months my google pr from zero was increase to 2. i have over 300 natural backlinks. my alexa ran, which was initiall 29million came up to like 5 million. and i know, with time, i will be top on the 10000 because of the quality natural links i get. go read extensively on google panda on seo and google penguin

You are 100% right.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Peterson1993(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2012
SE0 is a long story oo.super story. You will need an unblievable deal of hard work to get cool SE0. I think the best way to get traffic this days, it the use of a facebook fan page with a very huge amount of fans(500,000+ fans) and get a direct huge traffic. All you need is to frequently formulate a very interesting lie or amazing news and share it on the page. Or alwayz share anything you know would impress your fans. The more interesting the topic is,the beter chance you get for them to click your site url. Ensure your site has multiple choices like news,joke,celebrity e.t.c forum. Dont focus on only one theme. You may spend ten years studying how to use SE0 and keywords and still get everything wrong.. I know of a fb fan page called "sexy girls and cars" with over 2 million fans. They frequently share some sexy female photos with cars and will tag a text on the photo "for more photos, visit "site name". And was amazed the day i decided to visit the site only to see that the site is just a photo sharing site and nothing(the only thing you will see are sexy photos). I checked their alexa rankings and they were among top 10,000 shocked
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by yamakuza: 6:20pm On May 28, 2012
^ Nothing sells like ...
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by UncleJJ(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2012
Traffic is no good if it does not convert. Their are places you can get 10K uniques per day but its not worth it. Proper SEO begins with keyword research.
And seo varies - whitehat,blackhat and greyhat.

You guys are still learning tongue I've got a blog doing 40k/month average $1000/month in cash - if you doubt i can show you my traffic logs and a part of my dorm account statement..... wink

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by Favben(m): 6:59pm On May 28, 2012
I have read a good guide on Squidoo.com , I think if you need it you should google it up and follow d squidoo result link
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by vinderbilt: 7:45pm On May 28, 2012
Forget what you know, SEO has changed. It's all about freshness and authority thanks to social media. I'll post detailed strategies to get a #1 ranking on Google like i did here in the attached screenshot. VVVVVVVV

1 Like

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by shanda(m): 7:51pm On May 28, 2012
The old way of doing SEO has stopped working guys. You can't just blast your site with some junk backlinks; almighty G will ban you. If you do too much of on page optimization now, you'll get ban for over-optimization. Google wants quality content and also expect your backlinks to grow naturally. Anchor text diversity matters for this to happen. For example if you are targeting "buy cordless drill"; Google expects some of your anchor texts to include, click here, buy it here and so many other LSI keywords. Furthermore you must ensure that backlinks you build to your site are from relevant sites. If you put your anchor text on a site that talks about aeroplanes whereas the content on your site is talking about depression...your site will disappear from SERP. Finally.....I want you all to know that links from blog networks still work fine if and only if they are from private networks (some of which you can own personally). You also need links from diefferent sources...facebook, twitter, pinterest, guest blogging and so on. Also ensure that you build buffer sites in pyramid form around your main page. Read more about Google panda and Google penguin before building links to your site.

2 Likes

Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by shilling(f): 2:13am On May 29, 2012
UncleJJ: Traffic is no good if it does not convert. Their are places you can get 10K uniques per day but its not worth it. Proper SEO begins with keyword research.
And seo varies - whitehat,blackhat and greyhat.

You guys are still learning tongue I've got a blog doing 40k/month average $1000/month in cash - if you doubt i can show you my traffic logs and a part of my dorm account statement..... wink

Mind sharing your secrets to $1000/month? My brother's site has an average of 30-40k views per month and he's making around $50/month lol.
Re: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips by yamakuza: 2:18am On May 29, 2012
shilling:

Mind sharing your secrets to $1000/month? My brother's site has an average of 30-40k views per month and he's making around $50/month lol.

wrong niche maybe?

Whats his site about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes A Successful Blog? / How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? / A Forum For All Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.