Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! (818 Views)

COZA Member Reacts To Pastor's New Porsche / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2012
I don't know how this will get to him, but someone needs to remind this man his heavenly calling, stop growing rascals in the name of saving Nigeria, Nigerians need to get saved with the gospel of our Lord and saviour JESUS christ, rather than calling on wordly artiste to "preach" to us on stage whenever they are high on weed. This is no joke, the kingdom of God is at hand. You are a leader, a well known one at that so we expect much of the gospel from you sir. Imagine if the crowd at ojota got save, Nigeria and Heaven would definitely rejoice, but it make me sick seein you on stage with Fela, danfo driver and other worldly artiste.
If at all you need this protest, I'll recommend you relieve yourself of ordination.
Shalom
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by tbaba1234: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2012
Hardly the place for such a message, It was a political rally,

There were Nigerians from all kinds of backgrounds there, who wouldn't be there for a gospel retreat.

The pastor can always organize a crusade or something to preach his message.
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by Acidosis(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2012
you mean there is time to preach and time to mingle with thugs?
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by tbaba1234: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

you mean there is time to preach and time to mingle with thugs?

You don't have to mingle with 'thugs' if you don't want to, you can stay at home. But the place for gospel preaching is not at a political rally.
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by 2good(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

I don't know how this will get to him, but someone needs to remind this man his heavenly calling, stop growing rascals in the name of saving Nigeria, Nigerians need to get saved with the gospel of our Lord and saviour JESUS christ, rather than calling on wordly artiste to "preach" to us on stage whenever they are high on weed. This is no joke, the kingdom of God is at hand. You are a leader, a well known one at that so we expect much of the gospel from you sir. Imagine if the crowd at ojota got save, Nigeria and Heaven would definitely rejoice, but it make me sick seein you on stage with Fela, danfo driver and other worldly artiste.
If at all you need this protest, I'll recommend you relieve yourself of ordination.
Shalom

It is because of people like you that the country is in shamble. Always deceiving yourselves about some spiritual nonsense which the country have been doing for the past 60 years or so with nothing to show in terms of progress. Nigeria have one of the highest concentration of devoted Christians and Muslims in the world yet her people remains one of the poorest in the world. From all indication, I can see that as long as people like you constitute a very large proportion of the Nigerian population, then you should expect the country to regress further.
The greatest nations of the world today, didn't get to where they are today praying and fasting but by blood shed and fighting for their rights.
Remember Martin Luther King was a Reverend father and Malcolm X was a devoted Muslim but they all fought for the liberation of their people. If you want to keep on wasting your time praying and fasting, go ahead but leave other people that want to win their future back for themselves because no god will come do for you what you must do for yourself.
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
2good:

It is because of people like you that the country is in shamble. Always deceiving yourselves about some spiritual nonsense which the country have been doing for the past 60 years or so with nothing to show in terms of progress. Nigeria have one of the highest concentration of devoted Christians and Muslims in the world yet her people remains one of the poorest in the world. From all indication, I can see that as long as people like you constitute a very large proportion of the Nigerian population, then you should expect the country to regress further.
The greatest nations of the world today, didn't get to where they are today praying and fasting but by blood shed and fighting for their rights.
Remember Martin Luther King was a Reverend father and Malcolm X was a devoted Muslim but they all fought for the liberation of their people. If you want to keep on wasting your time praying and fasting, go ahead but leave other people that want to win their future back for themselves because no god will come do for you what you must do for yourself.
and it is people like you and bakare that caused the too many unserious and earthly minded christians look like Nigeria is most religious. And who told you Martin Luther is in heaven, why must you follow him? is he Jesus? If you must fight war, go and join the Nigerian army.
I dont think you know what you are saying!
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by 2good(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
Acidosis:

and it is people like you and bakare that caused the too many unserious and earthly minded christians look like Nigeria is most religious. And who told you Martin Luther is in heaven, why must you follow him? is he Jesus? If you must fight war, go and join the Nigerian army.
I dont think you know what you are saying!

What have you achieved with all the prayers you have sent to your god since your religion was brought into Africa over 200 years ago? Who care about your fictitious heaven which you claim to be above the earth? It is religious bigot and narrow minded thinkers like you that makes your continent rot in suffering and poverty today. Worship your god and mind your business and leave others that don't see things the way you do to live their life in peace. There is no difference between you and Boko Haram.
For your information, West Africa is currently experiencing drought. Instead of you guys to start thinking on how to get into massive irrigation project and sink boreholes to acquafer in communities that need them, you'll waste your time praying and fasting when you have excess water under you.
East Africa had to wait for Europe and America to come and aid them from the famine that ravage their land and you all claim that your god answer your prayers? When will you all use your brain to reason for once and think of how to use your brain to better your life? I really pity my race.
Re: A Message To Pastor Bakare: Save Nigerians, Not Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 25, 2012
Some of you religious bigots would never understand that Christianity is a worldview or philosophy and not a dogma. You sound like the pharisees who accused Jesus of eating with sinners and LovePeddlers. They said similar things about Christ. Jesus was not popularly accepted in his days. The religious bigots like some of the commentators here in his time rejected him for being too close to sinners

And to know that some of you qualify peaceful protesters "thugs" say much about your IQ. How many people complained at Ojota of any harassment that made you  in your "holy assessment"call everyone who doesn't agree with your views thugs? I know many professionals were out to protest. NLC, NBA, NMA and other professionals joined in peaceful protests across the country. So if you call them thugs then I wonder what Jesus you are following definitely not the one mentioned in the bible.

Bakare did what was necessary, he is far more civil than Oritsejafor and co who charged Christians to take to arms in order to defend themselves against Bokoharam. As for the Methodist guy Makinde who accused Bakare of fighting for his belly, intelligent Nigerians have not forgotten his role during Akala's oppression of Oyo people. When  Makinde in his priestly assessment saw Akala as one of the best performing governors in Nigeria.

Only a man used to military regime and oppression would accuse anyone of wrongdoing for staging a peaceful protest in a democracy.

(1) (Reply)

Meat Abstinence Observed By The Catholic Denomination on good fridays / Christian Dating & "God Said Things" / How Will God Judge A Good Israelite In Moses Time??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.