Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method (2972 Views)

****Lightening Fast RO/RO Vehicle Shipping From Any U.S Location Made Easy***** / Ship Your CAR To Nigeria! Containers, Roro And MORE! / Ship Your CAR To Nigeria! Containers, Roro And MORE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by feelzee: 9:43am On Jan 23, 2012
Hello,

Please need you guys help on the above topic.
trying to bring in a 2010 toyota camry from the U.S and due to the shipping coy saying they'll have to clear if it's containerised.
their clearing fees is so expensive so i've decided on the RORO way.

Guys please i need your advice on how to keep my car safe thrpough this method.

Thanks.

The cars is to be shipped by SAFEWAY SHIPPING COY
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by KunleA2(m): 10:21am On Jan 23, 2012
feelzee:

Hello,

trying to bring in a 2010 toyota camry from the U.S and due to the shipping coy saying they'll have to clear if it's containerised.

Thanks.

Clearing a vehicle in a container is more expensive that RORO. I don't think that there is anything you should be concerned about if you decide to ship RORO.

Try and ship via Grimaldi. They seem to be the safest so far. Even though they are not without their problems. But as the saying goes, In the city of the blind, ,

However, for an added peace of mind, ask your agent to book the car VIP on Grimaldi. Its is about $250 extra but its SUPPOSEDLY safer than regular ones. Since fewer vehicles are shipped VIP, less chances of scratching or damage to the vehicle cos they park the VIP cars in a different area.

I hope this helps.

Awaye
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by donP1: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2012
All I know is that I know a reputable person that works there n have been there for years.I can speak for the elderly man n his character.And the firm is ok
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by feelzee: 10:30am On Jan 23, 2012
Thanks Kunle,

how can i get in touch with grimaldi shipping coy?
Do they ship from houston texas and do you know the tottal cost of the VIP?

Thanks gain
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by femmy2010(m): 10:32am On Jan 23, 2012
feelzee:

Hello,

Thanks.

Ship it RORO on a grimaldi shipping line for the desired peace of mind.
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by KunleA2(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2012
feelzee:

Thanks Kunle,

how can i get in touch with grimaldi shipping coy?
Do they ship from houston texas and do you know the tottal cost of the VIP?

Thanks gain

Grimaldi does not load from Houston area. The closest to you is Jacksonville, Florida. You will need to transport the vehicle to Jacksonville port for loading. Ask your shipping company. I can book for you if you don't have someone to do it.

Breakdown of my charges are as below:

Trucking to Port                   $   500
Shipping (VIP)                      $1,450
Service Charge                          300

My advise is for you to speak with your shipper first.

kunleautos[at]yahoo.com

Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by ndiggy: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2012
I want to ship via ro ro a 2009 acura TL from chicago area, please advise on if its better to ship via ro ro or container because i want the car to be safe and arrive lagos without any scratches or damages to the car. How much would it cost and how long would it take before it arrives? Also which port would it be better for ro ro shipped vehicles to arrive? tin can or apapa as i still want it to be safe while its being cleared. Thanks
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by tobiloba82: 2:41am On Jun 27, 2012
my port experience spanning over six years agree with grimaldi.
Re: How Safe Is Roro Shipping Method by femmy2010(m): 7:10am On Jun 27, 2012
ndiggy: I want to ship via ro ro a 2009 acura TL from chicago area, please advise on if its better to ship via ro ro or container because i want the car to be safe and arrive lagos without any scratches or damages to the car. How much would it cost and how long would it take before it arrives? Also which port would it be better for ro ro shipped vehicles to arrive? tin can or apapa as i still want it to be safe while its being cleared. Thanks

Have it shipped Roro on Grimaldi.
We can help you with the clearing here .

Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2.4 For 1.4million Direct Tokunbo Call Mr Abdulahi (08144954950) / *toks* 2000 Model Nissan Xtera Jeep DISTRESS SALE frm 1.5.noow 1.250 / Innoson Luxurious Bus Brand New@ #14m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.