Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection (4470 Views)

List Of WAP Sites You Know / MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by akara(m): 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2006
For those who cannot enjoy the MTN free wap access you can try this settings on your phone, (it will serve as an additional connection for those already with connection) it should work on most phones - i know it works on some NOKIAs and SE. you can find out more from there web addy www.wap-gateway.com

Name : Wap Gateway
APN: leave blank
username : web
password : -
ip address: 66.36.250.14
every other setting as normal. see the website

There are areas in Lagos without MTN/GPRS coverage, and you lose connection when you are in these paces - Apapa is one.

It supposed to work in most countries as well. lets know how you get on.
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by rilla64: 10:57pm On Mar 20, 2006
Thanks for the info, it was very useful. If u hve more sites with new innovations pls keep us informed.
The IP address on the wap gateway seems to improve my browsing capabilities both on the phone and on the pc. faster and better.

NOTE: Do not attempt the configuration except u are absolutely sure of what u are doing.
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by shalomesq: 11:01am On Jul 03, 2006
hi,
can you please explain how to do this i have a NOK 9300 and i would love to enjoy this
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Jtlyrics(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2008
Is dis stuff still on?
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Mustay(m): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2008
1. Can I access the internet via your WAP gateway?

No. You can not access the internet via our wap gateway. You can access only the partner sites/mobile applications with which we have a tie up with to allow their users free access. -yahoo, msn etc

If you are looking for an alternative Wap Proxy/Wap Gateway to your mobile operators wap/gprs/data services then you can try the services of WapGateway.net which is a paid service for as low as 1 US $ per month.

2. Kindly note that your mobile operator should allow external gateway access in able to use the free Wap Proxy/Wap Gateway services.

3. Also note that this gateway does NOT work with all phones. If your phone uses a standard internet proxy server for mobile web access, typically indicated by the use of port 80 or 8080, Wap-Gateway.com won't be able to help you.

4. Wap-Gateway.com also only works with the unencrypted version of the connectionless (port 9200) and connection oriented (port 9201) WAP modes. It does not work with the encrypted version (ports 9202 and 9203.)

5.You may not use this gateway for spam, any illegal purpose, or if your wireless service provider forbids you from using an alternative Wap Proxy/Wap Gateway.

WARNING: Use this service at your own risk. Wap-Gateway.com does not have any responsibility for any consequences of your use of this free service. The service may be discontinued at any time without notice.

Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Jtlyrics(m): 11:30am On Aug 21, 2008
X@mustay
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by geebola(m): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2008
guy plz dis settings u posted can it b use 4 internet or is 4 phone alone,and i want to no mayb it works wit all sim or only 1 particular sim
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
None
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Jtlyrics(m): 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
They v changed der ip.smileyhere is de new one- 209.160.68.93:9200(standard port)fonez ports vary
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 1:04am On Aug 22, 2008
Mustay ke?
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 4:35am On Aug 22, 2008
What network?@jt
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by samuelk(m): 6:19am On Aug 22, 2008
Hmm,blank apn ke
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2008
Yes ke. U neva c am b4?
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Dclique(m): 8:44am On Aug 22, 2008
can somone pls testify to this,
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2008
Av tested them all,none is workin except for zain
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by smartking4luv(m): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2008
@fajasi hw did u appli that of zain.telmi
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2008
Normal procedure,u know i substitute them@smartking
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2008
I believe mtn and glo doesnt support 9200
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2008
9200 ke?
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2008
No dy lie nw@fadajasi, we had sex wit eachoda thruout ystday, aw u cum gt chnce brwse
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2008
No dy lie nw@fadajasi, we had sex wit eachoda thruout ystday, aw u cum gt chnce brwse
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 11:27am On Aug 22, 2008
Argh!*spiting*
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:27am On Aug 22, 2008
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 11:30am On Aug 22, 2008
Tsw
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:33am On Aug 22, 2008
I lie?
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Jtlyrics(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2008
Use port 9201-de stuff works wit glo-@jazzy
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 11:35am On Aug 22, 2008
U are dumb ni
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by smartking4luv(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2008
wat port nd ip did u use nd waz it for the wap or mms
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by smartking4luv(m): 11:45am On Aug 22, 2008
at jtlyrics wt ip did u use in dat of glo nd did it work fri,lt mi knw nd kan it wat wth k750i
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by sisqology(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2008
Cry.Gif
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 12:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
Are u serious?@jt
Re: Alternative To Mtn, Vmobile And Glo Wap/gprs Connection by Fadajasi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
Is it glogwap or glomms?@jt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Beware Airtel's Credit Robbery Technics ! / Please Engineers, What Does Chip Unlock Mean For Iphones? / Unable To View Battery Percentage On L9plus, Here Is The Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.