Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,367 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! (1801 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hello Nairalanders!
To start with I want to personally thank all of you for the advice we always give to each other.
I have been on this Forum for like a year now and I always read the latest topic and how people ask for advice and get a useful advice.
Please I have little problem that has to do with me Academic’s {Not financially please}
I finish my secondary school in 2006 and since then I have been trying to get admitted to university no way, I have sat for Jamb 4 times I score above 200 on two, I score below 200 on one and I didn’t check one duel to family problem.
Now I want to take Jamb again and I want to choose Unilag as first choice Lasu as second choice, but the problem I have now is I don’t know any one in Unilag and lasu, by the grace of God am self employ I am a computer Engr. Which I leant as a handwork I have a Cyber Café , Business centre, sale’s of desktop, Laptop & accessory , networking, and engineering, I also have a computer Institutes where I teach computer also with the help of God the position I occupy now people do see me as a graduate which I no am not, I have train people’s even graduate’s from different university in my computer institute, I don’t want to remain like this, now my mum see as some one that prefer business to education, and my mum is a graduate my step dad is a graduate am the only child, so what will make me their son not to be.
The help I need from you all now is, if there is any one in this forum who can help me out on how I can get admission to unilag or lasu cus I no everything has to do with connection now and I don’t know any one in those schools please I beg you all I want to go to school to make my self & my parent happy please help me
God Bless u all.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Serendipity: 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2012
Answering the following questions may be pertinent for one to proffer apt counsel. And that's if you don't mind.
*which course do you want to study?
*what's your state of origin?
*must you study only in the South West?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^^ Ok y i must study in Lagos is, i have business in Lagos which i will get money from to sponsor my self in school.
so i can go to another school.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^^ Ok y i must study in Lagos is, i have business in Lagos which i will get money from to sponsor my self in school.
What i want to study is Political Science.
Am from Edo state.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Serendipity: 2:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
engr j:

^^^ Ok y i must study in Lagos is, i have business in Lagos which i will  get money from to sponsor my self in school.
Okay, what about the other two questions?
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Serendipity: 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Thanks for the timely answers.
First off, let me dispel the notion that everything is now 'runs'. I can authoritatively tell you that the majority of people in every school got their admission on merit.
At least I can vouch that schools like UNN maintain 95 or more percent of transparency in giving admissions. Okay?
The fact that you have business in Lagos has limited your options of choosing from schools other than UNILAG and LASU. This is understandable but has also increased the odds against you. I mean, the case would have been different if you had many schools to choose from.
For instance, statistically UNILAG is the most competitive or sought after Federal varsity, while LASU is arguably the most competitive state varsity in the country; coupled with your choice of course which is also quite competitive.
Another snag is the fact that EDO is not in UNILAG's catchment areas.
What these portend is that your possibility of gaining admission in the above schools is not quite enormous.
So without skirting about, I would suggest that you make proper consultations as regards this so that you don't keep on repeating JAMB.
I also consider as immaterial the fact that you have been trying to gain admission since 2006. And given that admission matter is omnibus it may not be your fault. There is hope.
You can still make it.
It's all about making proper calculations and working very hard and smart. And God will crown your efforts with success. Also check the modus operandi of each of these schools.
Don't tarry to inform me should you have any question( not about UNILAG or LASU because I don't have much information about them).
May the Lord guide you and grant your heart desires as you prepare for the future you do not see but believe in.
Shalom,
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Serendipity: 4:08am On Jan 26, 2012
Hope you have taken a decision
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2012
Serendipity:

Hope you have taken a decision

No Bro! am still trying to if there is any University around Lagos here, i mean University that is close to Lagos. and if u no more about Olabisi Olabanjo, u can still help with it.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by boay(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2012
Why can't you persuade your relatives(convince them) about going back to sch. If u r sucesful at that then you can get help to monitor your busines. This will help to increase the scope of your choice of institution and they(relatives) can help morally and emotionally am sure u wil av a beta score in UTME. If this help I will like u to choose OAU coz I wil love to see u here. SIGNED:BØÄÝ
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by chillaz(f): 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
@op. bro, i pray u r taken dis yr! and if getting admission tru jamb is getting frustrating, why not try IJMB. its straight and sure bt require focus and dedication. cheerz
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Serendipity: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2012
engr j:

No Bro! am still trying to if there is any University around Lagos here, i mean University that is close to Lagos. and if u no more about Olabisi Olabanjo, u can still help with it.
I'm afraid, I don't know about OOU.
Good luck!
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2012
Serendipity:

I'm afraid, I don't know about OOU.
Good luck!

Alright no probs i really appreciate your help!
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by U1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
Why then don't you consider part-time study.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by routik(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2012

If you ask me, that is the best option for him. had it been he enrolled in one since 2006 by now he would have finished school. you already have a steady cash flow and your business have grown, part time/distance learning will still offer you the degree you're looking for.
take time and make the right decision.
all the best.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by Raxxye(m): 2:15am On Jan 30, 2012
U1:

Not all courses are offered in part-time programs. I don‘t know much abt schools in the West, but it‘s up to OP to decide. Regular program is a lot more intensive, and I consider it a better option. @ OP. Never give up, keep trying, it‘ll definitely work out.
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 10:26am On Jan 30, 2012
U1:

Yes i also have plan for that but the problem is that i don't want to go University and graduate but look like some one that did't go to school, i have seen a lot of people who run part time in Lasu but they no noting. smiley
But the work am doing will part me to run full time all i need is just to no the school that i will be given assurance of admission, cus i don't want to be a customer to JAMB again, so please if there that can give any help i will appreciate please
Ok the course i want to go for Political science.
thanks
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2012
U1:

Yes i also have plan for that but the problem is that i don't want to go University and graduate but look like some  one that did't go to school, i have seen a lot of people who run part time in Lasu but they no noting. smiley
But the work am doing will part me to run full time all i need is just to no the school that i will be given assurance of admission, cus i don't want to be a customer  to JAMB again, so please if there is any one  that can give any help i will appreciate it please.
Ok the course i want to go for Political science.
thanks
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by kaysy(m): 2:15pm On Jan 30, 2012
@ OP, u can get UNILAG admission if u want but i can assure u the admission will be based on runs commencing from when u go in for ur post jamb exams in UNILAG, am a student of Yabatech and i also have a JAMB Registration Centre where i conduct the Online Registrations for Candidates this year, u can select Yabatech as-in for Polytechnic then let me do the rest, though we dnt have Pol Sci but u can select Business Admin, then buy the Part Time Form which will be out around July 2012. If UNILAG does not take u, i can assure Yabatech will do so, if not for full time i believe part time will.

i Know people in UNILAG but, the fee is high, as-in so high. ONLY A FATHER IN A JEEP CAN AFFORD THAT FEE FOR HIS CHILD
Re: Please Help Me I Want To Go Back To School! by engrj(m): 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
kaysy:

@ OP, u can get UNILAG admission if u want but i can assure u the admission will be based on runs commencing from when u go in for ur post jamb exams in UNILAG, am a student of Yabatech and i also have a JAMB Registration Centre where i conduct the Online Registrations for Candidates this year, u can select Yabatech as-in for Polytechnic then let me do the rest, though we dnt have Pol Sci but u can select Business Admin, then buy the Part Time Form which will be out around July 2012. If UNILAG does not take u, i can assure Yabatech will do so, if not for full time i believe part time will.

i Know people in UNILAG but, the fee is high, as-in so high. ONLY A FATHER IN A JEEP CAN AFFORD THAT FEE FOR HIS CHILD
Ok no probs i really appreciate and please can you list everything am going to pay for also the amount to the school fees, the acceptance fees, in unilag and if there any one let me no please.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Suspend Stike: / Universities Cut-off Point For Jambite / ASUU STRIKE: FG Resorts To Force; Threatens No-work-no-pay Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.