Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule (2148 Views)

2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals / Military Rule VS Civilian Rule / Is The Worst Democracy Better Than The Best Military Rule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by kbdrim(m): 8:43pm On Jan 23, 2012
On Behalf of many well meaning Nigerians we wish to call on the Military to Intervene In Our beloved Nation as it was done in Egypt.
In the last 12 years of democracy, the loss of lives  from ODI, ZAKIBIAM and BOKOHARAM BOMBS were worse than those lost under the military regimes combined. Our roads are worse than there were under the military.  while we might have enjoyed more freedom of speech under the civilian rule, we believe that a corrective INTERVENTION FROM THE MILITARY will correct  our failures in our civilian experiments. I would trade my freedom of speech for the lives of Nigerians lost during our failed democracy. Our democracy and economy is bound to crash later so why not do something about it now. In the last 13 years of our democracy we have realized that This system of Government is not in the interest of Nigerians. It is too expensive and so we would employ the military to come in and stay for a maximum of 18 months. Their duties should be:
1. Restructure the country along regional governments and local councils: No state governments Please.
2. Resource Control by regions. the regions should pay taxes to the federal govt between 50%-60% for the first 5 yrs to help the other regions and this will gradually reduce to 20% over the next 10 yrs so that the other regions can develop their regions.
3 Change our system of Government to a parliamentary system where our legislators would be on a part time basis
4. Conduct a Sovereign National conference to discuss The Nigerian state: Ex Militants, Boko haram members, OPC and  should all be invited so that issues of religion, resource control and other things that concern our nations can be discussed.
5. Place a ban on all politicians that participated in the 4th and 5th republic and prevent them from contesting elections until our democracy stabilizes
6. Fix salary structures of public office holders and make reviews of such salaries and allowances as difficult as possible. Make sure political office is not attractive so that those with just the interest of the people at heart can participate.
7. Strengthen our anti corruption agencies by restructuring EFFC, ICPC and the Code of Conduct Bureau
8. Establish a Truly independent election commission: our best elections were under the military, June 12 and 1999 elections
9. Try all corrupts politicians and Judicial officers in Special Anti-Corruption Courts
10. make corruption a punishable offence by death as from the next dispensation
All Over the world, Military dictatorships have become a thing of the past and Nigeria would not want to be different. We know that Many military men would want to stay longer so Nigerians will rise up to challenge them if they stay beyond 18 months like Egyptians did and Nigerians also did for IBB to step down in 1993. I am not crazy. I mean well for Nigeria because with the current Government and at the rate boko haram is going, there is no hope for the future, God bless You all cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by Lasinoh: 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
That would be nice to do what the useless Nigerian Police Force has failed to do!
One problem.
They cannot be trusted! kiss
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by kbdrim(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^^^^^
If we decide to occupy them until they leave, they would have to choice than to waka, I dont trust politicians either, under the military very few people were eating, under the civilian govt we have the president with over 40 ministers special advisers, assistants, 36 governors with some of them having over 20 commissioners, 774 local govts, 109 senators, over 300 house of rep members all eating in billions and millions, we cant continue like this
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by Lasinoh: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2012
Sorry to say.
It would not make any difference.
Agbada or khaki, a Nigerian is a Nigerian.
Sinfully corrupt! kiss
No hope.
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by kbdrim(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^^^^
I would rather have a buhari/idagbon that will deal with acts of indiscipline than have a GEJ That is helplesss against Boko haram, where was mend under Abacha, I would better trust my faith in China's Chairman Mao than this politicians that are stealing from our future
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by Lasinoh: 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
Goodluck! kiss
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2012
another crapy topic. Nobody wants a military intervention of any form or guise!
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Pls sir you are On your Own undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by kbdrim(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
In jos alone, families have been wiped out, not one not two, what has democracy done for us besides breeding indiscipline and corruption, Under the military i cant remember any bunch of fools taking arms against the Government, Under Abacha, not even the almighty IBB could talk, today people can tell the president, there would make the country ungovernable and nothing would happen to them, we are not mature for this kind of system yet
Re: Nigeria Needs Military Intervention Now: Note Pls Intervention Not Military Rule by UKBobo(m): 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2012
Bravo.

Absolutely splendid.

Yes, I agree whole-heartedly. I was thinking of a foreign military group (for impartiality of course) comprised of 50,000 soldiers (from ex- Pol Pot foot-soldiers, Shining Path guerillas, Al-Shabaab qat chewing- generals sprinkled with Lord's resistance army adolescent pistol-holders). I know Nigeria loves to lurch headlong into crisis but the sudden infusion of these kind of charachters will fast-forward continental implosion into a stunning supernova.

Bravo!

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Alert At Ozone Cinema (might Go Off Between Now And Midnight) / Ogogoro Is A Nigeria's (Ijaw) Invention, Improve And Promote It Idiots. / Presidency Gave N32 Billion To 16 PDP Governors – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.