Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,844 members, 7,851,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help (12846 Views)

Oau Second Semester Resumption Date: November 1 And Lecture Commences November 9 / Oau Second Admission List, Is It Out? / Oau Second List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU!

OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU! OAU!

Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Sagamite(m): 10:29pm On Jan 24, 2012
Tunby:

Dear poster, I'm also a grad. of COMP.ENG YCT.In fact I finished wt d very 1st set(2008) and wt uper crdt too.I vowed not to go 4 HND, not because I'll be poor if I do, but because I'll neva be fulfilled.I tried DE 2009(UNILAG)wt enough 'leg',didnt click,Ume(UNILAG) nd DE(UI Elect/elect) again in '10 but, no way(ITK and overconfidence killed me in unilag post ume) all those while I was learning to make cloths so I wasnt just idle.In 2011, I finally got into Unilag(c.eng: I so much love dt course).So far, I can tell u dr's a huge difference(d ambience,curriculum not to mention d difference in d cert.).As 4 d money(dts 1 of d reasons I ddnt want to leave lag), just try and get good grades(2.1 and above) in ds 200L and apply 4 scholarships.U can also try doing odd jobs or enrol in work-study program(if dr is in Ife).Goodluck mate(I'm 23 too).

You are in university and type and post with textspeak?

Pathetic soul!
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Airtimex(m): 11:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
the decision is yours, pray before taking any decision as you will have your self to blame. as for discrimination, that was in the past ;d
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by FEMARY1: 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2012
You know what to do already.

Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by oc2fish: 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2012
@poster with HND CERTIFICATE you cannot  join professional assciation like NSE and COREN Professor  Awojobi of blessed memory was not referred as an Engine because B.Eng. please go to OAU. I have ND from the best Agric college some of my friends go for HND and some of us go to universities. today we are their boss and we are able to use the ND experience in the field. please go to University .
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Sagamite(m): 12:43am On Jan 25, 2012
oc2fish:

@poster with a[n] HND CERTIFICATE you cannot  join a professional assciation like NSE and COREN Professor  Awojobi of blessed memory was not referred to as an Engine because of B.Eng. please go to OAU. I have a ND from the best Agric college some of my friends go for HND and some of us go went to universities. today we are their boss and we are able to use the ND experience in the field. please go to University .

Honestly mate, I will be blunt. If you attended university and your grammatical construct is this poor, I am stunned.

This is not about errors in spelling or punctuations which are forgivable. This is lack of ability of stringing together of English words to create the grammar. The level you display of this ability is way below that of a supposed university graduate.

1 Like

Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 25, 2012
i am an HND holder, i work in a federal govt establishment, they treat us (HND holders) like sh.it.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Jarus(m): 3:04am On Jan 25, 2012
;DSaga don enter here cheesy
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by klairekk: 5:00am On Jan 25, 2012
if u intnd to b fixin computers or xtablishin ur own firm, YABATECH wil do bt if u dream of workin in any of the multinatinals den OAU.
YABA + certification is fyn, if u family insist on YABA. I Dnt think u av age on ur side at 23. Age limit is a factor durin employment. wt ASUU u myt b serving at 30, Msc @ 33 or 34!,
Men am on d fence in this

Goodluck wtout Ebele Jonathan
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by maclatunji: 6:31am On Jan 25, 2012
^What most people will not tell you is that the average Nigerian, graduates from the University at maybe 27-28, adds another year for NYSC and then falsifies his/her age to 23.

We are fooling ourselves in this country and want to make progress. Oya now, let us see where it will lead us, we are all in it together!
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Gaybriel: 6:57am On Jan 25, 2012
Friend, think very well before you choose. If you want someone to employ you then go to OAU but if you want to be self-employed then go to YABATECH. The course you are doing is best learnt in a poly. Forget what people are saying. I'm also a direct entry student in FUTA from LASPOTECH. I was in the same condition you are now in 2010 but i decided to go with FUTA. Let me tell you all those universities used to bombard direct entry students with overload courses which will make you inefficient and ineffective. Your coursemates may be offering 7 courses but you will have to do 10 courses, 3 of which are from lower level courses. This may affect your cgpa in the long run. The truth is that many of those telling you to go to OAU are those who don't know what direct entry students go through in the universities but my point is this: if you want to work with a company go to OAU but if you want to be self-employed continue with your poly then maybe you may go for PGD cos universities curriculum are usually design in such a way that direct entry students will have an extra year except for the very intelligents.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Gaybriel: 7:08am On Jan 25, 2012
Any HND holder that is treated like shit in his place of work is because he is not good enough for the job. The only way that a good HND holder can be cheated is in salary and position and nothing more.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Phrankin(m): 7:11am On Jan 25, 2012
Quote from: Raxxye on Yesterday at 05:32:49 PM
I strongly advice u go for a degree in OAU. I made a similar choice in 2002.
And please work had on your English when u get there. Check the words with ““ ““. Should be ‘GIVEN‘, not ‘GIVING‘. No offence intended!
classic example of pot calling kettle black. due to your insecurities, you were so blind to your own ineptitude while being quick to spot someone else oversight.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by RuuDie(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2012
I still reckon it is a waste of time. . . . .I mean seriously by the time you get a Masters degree, nobody even thinks about which is your first degree; and the route to bagging a Masters is more or less the same as any Univ degree holder - so what is all the fuss about.
The view is so unbelievably myopic, everybody is so focused on getting the first job, entry-level and not thinking in the long-term, Univ degree might ease you into getting that first job but if you don't further or build on that first degree you don't get to move up the rungs of the ladder in your career path!
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Sike(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2012
Gaybriel:

Any HND holder that is treated like poo in his place of work is because he is not good enough for the job. The only way that a good HND holder can be cheated is in salary and position and nothing more.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Rufex07(m): 8:26am On Jan 25, 2012
this is my first post NL and i can say this is the first post i read without any form of prejudice, hatred or bias. good one i say. @op, choose OAU. God will see you through.:-]
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by babyoy(f): 8:55am On Jan 25, 2012
i don't see any confusion here, take OAU.
Do u want to spend like 4 years looking for a job.Better use those years at OAU.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by nizelgirl(f): 8:56am On Jan 25, 2012
I'll advice you to go for OAU forget about the 2yrs in HND, no matter what uni is better than poly. I left one of the best poly to go to uni after my ND and its very ok. Dont be confused again.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Macaulish(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2012
Guy! A wise always tells me "for once listen to your heart". U should know what you want & not what your pple want for you. Good luck.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by BabaAra2(m): 9:16am On Jan 25, 2012
@op,

U need to weigh your options. BSC is better any day but that doesn't not mean you can't do well with HND. I was in same situation in 2002. I got OAU D.E admission in 2002 while I was doing IT but I was enjoying my work and I didn't want to leave Lagos. My boss also offered me more money grin cos of my contributions on projects. He promised to get me Admission into UNILAG but all failed as I was not given admission. I decided to go back for HND 2years after then I was already earning more than even MSC holders in my company. I did both full-time job and full-time school. It was tough but fruitful. My boss understood when I must be in school and he gave me the privilege. Immediately after my HND before my result even came out I was offered another job with another company on recommendation. I didn't apply.

I can tell you that they treat me like KING everywhere I have worked and where I work presently because of the difference I bring in on job.

But my problem is that I still feel uncomfortable anytime I remember that I am HND holder and am presently planning to do a top-up BSC programmer online with a UK university.

My Scenario is very uncommon but if you think you are very good at what you do, your certificate doesn't matter but BSC is more appreciated.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Tunby(m): 9:22am On Jan 25, 2012
Who says a university graduate cannot be self-employed? As a fulltime university undergraduate I make money @ least to make ends meet and I know a lot of other undergraduate who make good money(I mean honest money and not 'yahoo yahoo') as entrepreneurs and even employees.I dont know about other polytechnics but YABATECH(my alma mater) did not live up to what I expected in terms of practicals.As a computer Engineering student,I did not know anything about computers until ND2 when I managed to enrol for Comptia A+ and N+ program with one of the IT training companies.Being competent on the field of work is all about personal development(given the present state of education in Nigeria).The truth is either with SSCE,ND,HND or BSC, you can be wealthy, with the right orientation.However, some things give you,as it were, a sense of FULLFILLMENT.Come to think of it; HND + PGD- 3years while BSC -4years.Difference-1year.So, Your choice.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by litusista(f): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2012
@ poster,
i am an OAU final year student of Computer Engineering. Most of the D.E students end up struggling when they enter because of their workload. Most of them, who are not to good end up doing courses like MTH201 or MTH202 over and over again. the 2nd year in the Faculty of Tech in OAU is the most stressful, and that's when you'll enter. So my advice is this; Coming to OAU will only be worth it if you know you'll be ale to cope with the OAU stress and work Very hard. it will be useless coming to OAU and having graduating with a low CGPA or extra years.

OAU will definitely provide you with a lot of opportunities, competition, ideas, and other stuff. But you will be glad you came eventually. Age is not a factor cos you are not yet 25. So weigh our options. Money is not an issue. OAU is the cheapest University in Nigeria at the moment.

I'd be really glad to help, if you really need some more clarifications. my email is blackiemaj@yahoo.com. Dont waster your admission. Its a priviledge not many people have!
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Acidosis(m): 10:33am On Jan 25, 2012
litusista:

@ poster,
i am an OAU final year student of Computer Engineering. Most of the D.E students end up struggling when they enter because of their workload. Most of them, who are not to good end up doing courses like MTH201 or MTH202 over and over again. the 2nd year in the Faculty of Tech in OAU is the most stressful, and that's when you'll enter. So my advice is this; Coming to OAU will only be worth it if you know you'll be ale to cope with the OAU stress and work Very hard. it will be useless coming to OAU and having graduating with a low CGPA or extra years.

OAU will definitely provide you with a lot of opportunities, competition, ideas, and other stuff. But you will be glad you came eventually. Age is not a factor cos you are not yet 25. So weigh our options. Money is not an issue. OAU is the cheapest University in Nigeria at the moment.

I'd be really glad to help, if you really need some more clarifications. my email is blackiemaj@yahoo.com. Dont waster your admission. Its a priviledge not many people have!
she is my sister, pls listen to her
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by lonamy: 11:11am On Jan 25, 2012
philippao:

Dear all, I finished my ND @ yaba college of Technology 2010, right now, i am almost done with my one year industrial training. I applied for driect entry to Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife to study computer engineering, Fortunatly, i was giving admission. I equally applied for HND @ yabatech to finish up my computer engineering career there, i was equally giving admission, Right now, i am so much confused on which one to take, looking at ASUU strike and how many years i am going to spend @ OAU IFE, if i am @ yabatech, i will just do more two year buy but OAU will take like four years all things being equall, Most importantly, My people are against oau ife cos of the years and financial aspect of it, I really do not know what to do now, I really need your candid advice, I am 23years of age. waiting anxiously for your comments.

Omo, somehow we are in the same shoes. But mine happened in 1998/1999. By the grace of God I am OAU graduate, Computer Engineering. I am well above any job discrimination in this country or any where in the world. Even if you finish your HND and go for MBA, forget it. Your first paper will forever be HND and can not be compared to the one with BSC and MBA.

So please, tell your people, if they are really your people and they are sure they love you, tell them to help bare with the situation you will go thru in Ife for just say 5 years, than to go thru the same situation for the rest of your life. So choose between the two evil, I think one is better. LOL.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by lonamy: 11:20am On Jan 25, 2012
Acidosis:

she is my sister, pls listen to her

What your sister said is the truth, but during my time none of the DE students had such problem. It depends on the Polytechnic you are coming from, eg. EDE, Yaba Tech. I believe anyone coming from yabatech should not have peoblem with MTH 201 and 202, though they are tough courses in Ife, but not too difficult to pass. It all depends on who you are mathematically and the stuff you are made off.

If you are that type that "rapala" enter institution without adequate qualification, you will definitely "rapala" jade (exit).

And not only MTH201 and 202, CVE 201 and MEE 303 are also tough course, but you nee to be tough also. OAU ife is not a child play campus. It is for the serious minded students.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Sagamite(m): 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
Jarus:

;DSaga don enter here cheesy

Siddon there. Shotigbo?

Wait till you are hit by accidental discharge from the ibons, then your eyes will open. grin

Baba Ara:

@op,

U need to weigh your options. BSC is better any day but that doesn't not mean you can't do well with HND. I was in same situation in 2002. I got OAU D.E admission in 2002 while I was doing IT but I was enjoying my work and I didn't want to leave Lagos. My boss also offered me more money grin cos of my contributions on projects. He promised to get me Admission into UNILAG but all failed as I was not given admission. I decided to go back for HND 2years after then I was already earning more than even MSC holders in my company. I did both full-time job and full-time school. It was tough but fruitful. My boss understood when I must be in school and he gave me the privilege. Immediately after my HND before my result even came out I was offered another job with another company on recommendation. I didn't apply.

I can tell you that they treat me like KING everywhere I have worked and where I work presently because of the difference I bring in on job.

But my problem is that I still feel uncomfortable anytime I remember that I am HND holder and am presently planning to do a top-up BSC programmer online with a UK university.

My Scenario is very uncommon but if you think you are very good at what you do, your certificate doesn't matter but BSC is more appreciated.

Now look at this guy. I can believe what he is saying just from the way he writes.

Good use of English words, punctuation, paragraphs etc. We are all allowed a few unconscious errors, or even 1 or 2 textspeak, but not the full gamut of poor English and blatant lack of effort, and then say "I am a graduate".

This tells me he is someone that likes to do things right and will probably have the same attitude in a job. No wonder he is flying and gaining people's respect.

I am sure in it was not a case of "na condition make crayfish bend" and he was in a saner country, he would have gone to university and a good one too.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by opabukun(m): 12:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ur certificate may probably get u a job earlier (as in Bsc) as against HND but d bottomline is, it (certifcte) wnt be a basis 4 promotion! Its simply about U! Wat u can offer!!!
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by ChefMike(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
Bsc or HND is never a determinant for u to succeed in life but follow ur conscience.
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by patlead: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
Go OAU SRAYT, no talk say dem no warn you ooooooo lipsrsealed
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by joselekas(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2012
litusista:

@ poster,

@litusista we must be in the same class! Did u see my earlier post
I am a living testimony to ur present situation. Graduated top of my class (ND computer sci) @ fed poly ado in 2007. I never had any doubt abt where to go. I will b graduating @ OAU computer engr. this year[b] @ 26[/b]. The age shld not b a factor to consider. Most of us DE in my class will b graduating with honours. With ur background u will do excellently well studying compt engr. @ OAU.

Anyway, dont 4get it is general tsunami (the mass failure in MTH201 n MTH202) and not peculiar to DE students. Moreover some DE guys did excellently well. oni speaks
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2012
This OAU and series of 'tsunami' sef tire me. Na God fit do am sha
Re: Oau Second Yr Comp Engr Vs Yabatech Hnd1 Comp Engr: Plz Help by joselekas(m): 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
rx steve:

This OAU and series of 'tsunami' sef tire me. Na God fit do am sha
na so, that is why the sport centre has been turned to religious ground. Dr. Layeni et. al. re jst mere mortal being in d hands of a living God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2017/18 Nigerian Mathematics and Sciences Olympiads (First Round Results) / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO / Can English Article (An) Be Used For Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.