Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack (15096 Views)

Kano Attack........personal Belongings Of Worshippers Picx / CAN, Catholic Church Condemn Kano Attack / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by karlmax2: 1:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
158 Islamist Militants Arrested In Nigeria Bombings

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN) -- A joint military task force in Nigeria arrested 158 suspected members of the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, security sources told CNN Tuesday, three days after a spate of bombings and shootings left more than 200 people dead in Nigeria's second-largest city.

Some suspects resisted arrest and exchanged gunfire with the task force in the city of Kano, said security sources who asked not to be named because they are not authorized to speak to the media.

No casualties have been reported so far, they said.

The arrests come as community leaders said the number of dead from the Kano bombing and gun attacks has risen to at least 211.

Government officials declined to confirm the number of victims. They previously put the death toll at 157.

President Goodluck Jonathan toured the city Sunday after the attacks there left the police headquarters and other government buildings in charred ruins Friday night.

"The message I had for the people of Kano is the same message I have for all Nigerians: A terrorist attack on one person is an attack on all of us," Jonathan said in a post on his official Facebook page after the visit.

Islamist group Boko Haram -- whose name means "western education is sacrilege" -- claimed responsibility for the blast in a phone call to the Daily Trust, according to journalists at the newspaper.
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/01/24/world/africa/nigeria-attacks/index.html
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by norrisman: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2012
Interesting. God knows that 99.9% of those arrested are innocent civillians picked in the immediate and suurounding areas of last Fridays bombings.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Kx: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2012
norrisman:

God knows that 99.9% of those arrested are innocent civillians picked in the immediate and suurounding areas of last Fridays bombings.
These arrests are just for show.
We are getting to a point when we can assume that some innocent civilians are paid "arrest allowance" to be paraded on tv as suspects just for the world to assume someone has become serious overnite.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2012
This country is a comic
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by talktrue1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2012
But they told us that the bombers came from Chad?
Now they are arresting innocent people thereby attracting BH
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Arosa(m): 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2012
please, lock them up and throw away the keys. NO BAIL FOR BOKO angry
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by eastman11: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2012
talk true:

But they told us that the bombers came from Chad?
Now they are arresting innocent people thereby attracting BH

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim. Keep arresting them so long as they are Muslims.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by olajide8(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2012
if this is true i think this is the first sign of a change but the police if they are the ones behind it i can bet you they would be holding more then 75% innocent people its just their nature to see 200 people die and for them to say only seven people and for NTA to show army personnel parading the peaceful streets of lagos rather the hot environment of Kano
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by highland(m): 3:23pm On Jan 24, 2012
With what i read on vanguard this morning, i now believe Boko Aram insurgents is not invisible to the northern power men. Nigerians should just hope for God intervention in this political power game.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Lasinoh: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
Yeah right.
TiNuMbU was arrested too.
What nesssst? wink
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by olajide8(m): 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2012
Lasinoh:

Yeah right.
TiNuMbU was arrested too.
What nesssst? wink
bros what your own with tinubu naa him be boko haram you no see dead people or do you want me to post it again
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by trustidkid: 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
eastman11:

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslim. Keep arresting them so long as they are Muslims.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE AT ALL?

norrisman:

Interesting. God knows that 99.9% of those arrested are innocent civillians picked in the immediate and suurounding areas of last Fridays bombings.

HW DO U THINK PERPETRATOR OF THAT DASTARD ACT WILL BE AROUND THAT VICINITY WHEN THEY ARE WELL AWARE OF SECURITY IMPLICATION OF IT. OUR POLICING IN NIGERIA IS POOR TO BE SINCERE.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by executinal(m): 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
As usual,  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
We are in trouble then. If true, expect more attacks from Boko Haram then, and as usual our security agencies wont be able to deal with them
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by velo10: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2012
You and I know that only less than 10% of suspects arrested by Nigerian police are actually guilty. In this situation, I doubt if any is. The police perhaps raided some hidden mosques and made arrests. Nigerian Police, na today!
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by alexleo(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2012
Niralanders are terrible people. You people will always condemn and doubt every action that government takes. Why are you doubting the truthfulness of this arrest? Was it not for the same arrests of boko haram members that this kano bombing happened according to press release by boko haram? Doesnt that show that they are being arrested afterall?
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by worm(f): 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2012
olajide_07:

the gore of what is left after the bombs

^^
Stup!d

This picture has been around before last fridays attack.
Besides who told you that all deaths are as a result of bomb/fire?
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by stillme(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2012
Kx:

These arrests are just for show.
We are getting to a point when we can assume that some innocent civilians are paid "arrest allowance" to be paraded on tv as suspects just for the world to assume someone has become serious overnite.

What do u expect them to do? All u can do is to post nonsense with confidence from the corner of ur room because u have access to internet.
As a good nigerian,why cant u volunteer urself to gather informations on boko haram and relates them to security authorities? Mtschew!!  
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nyntynplus: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2012
The next tin u wil hear is dt dey hv escape.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by PointB: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2012
Let's hope the sing like canaries! We have to get to the root of this problem.

kudos NP!
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nnamsco4real: 3:45pm On Jan 24, 2012
I don't trust the arrest.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by maclatunji: 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
We don't need unnecessary press statements and releases. All we need is peace and quiet across Nigeria.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Ninapha(f): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2012
highland:

With what i read on vanguard this morning, i now believe Boko Aram insurgents is not invisible to the northern power men. Nigerians should just hope for God intervention in this political power game.

[color=#990000]The fact is that only Northern super powers can end it except they we are ready to do it blood to blood.  Imagine the interview with

Sanusi [b]Boko Haram out to end 1914 amalgamation, install Islamic govt —Sanusi
Saturday January 21, 2012[/col[/b]or]

from the full interview i rather deduced the whole struggle is being powered by most northern power drunk big men  using different sects to cause havoc in the name of boko haram.

Imagin this Paragraph:

I was made to understand that some of those destructive attacks that took place in some states, particularly in Borno, were not carried out by the sect. There is a notorious group of professional hooligans by name ECOMOG that hide under the cover of the sect to carry out such attacks and robberies. The sect itself is hunting for those hooligans to deal with them. In Borno, there is ECOMOG, in Bauchi, there is Sara Suka, in Gombe, is Kalare and so in other states. These killer groups are creations of mean politicians. The Federal Government should, as a matter of concern, act fast to eliminate such groups in the interest of peace. In most of the states, the respective governors are the brains behind the survival of such deadly groups. This is a known fact to everybody, unless if we are to be hypocritical to hide the facts.-SANUSI (Journalist)
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2012
ah ah!! Don't come and spoil my mind now. Shabi you think they are lying? toh keep it to yourself!! Let anybody who wants to believe them and be positive be. Please
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by BetaThings: 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2012
olajide_07:

the gore of what is left after the bombs

The thing even happened in Congo during World Cup 2010
Liars are to many in this country!
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by ossaisly(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2012
Sometimes, raids like this could be helpful. Am not saying it is the best but somehow we never can tell WHO IS WHO among them. We have heard the BH complaining about the police arresting its members. No matter what, I just pray all this rubbish come to an end. My company is already running away from all northern states and it will be a very big blow to this nation coz they contribute about 68% of Agricultural growth.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2012
Anynews concerning boko haram just makes me laugh! i dont know why! the whole game is just a farce, a deception, one of a kind
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by BetaThings: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
eastman11:

So all members of IRA and Sinn Fein converted to Islam
Same as the Tamil Tigers
Yes, Timothy McVeigh too
And the people involved in the gunpowder plot

When you quote what people say, try and even make sense of it first!
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Lasinoh: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
olajide_07:

bros what your own with tinubu naa him be boko haram you no see dead people or do you want me to post it again

Drug pushers do not kill people kwa nu? You know how many people TuNuMbU's drug factories killed world-wide? So many lives rendered useless with is cocaine industries. Especially in Ekiti State?
A Yoruba Muslim too. . . another brance of Boko Haramic Killers with DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUGS!!!! cry
God dey.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Marlboro1: 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
How many of the 158 are actually BH terrorists and how many have been allowed to escape by the police?

DISBAND THE NIGERIAN POLICE ALREADY. WE TRUST THE MILITARY TO GET THE JOB DONE - NOT THESE DAMN CROOKS.
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by lakesider(m): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2012
Dem done arrest innocent boys wey ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ waka for street
Re: 158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2012
@highland true talk. It is only God's intervention that can see us out of this trouble. The fact is that the non-boko haram Muslims
always sympathize with their brothers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ominous Official Silence On Killings In Igangan, Others / Aisha Binani Seeks Judicial Review On 'Declaration' As Winner Of Adamawa Poll / El-Rufai: My Child Will Remain In Public School Despite Kidnapping Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.